Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 08-23-2011, 03:38 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With the Eagles adding 2 CBs to their roster, we probably should try to grab a guy they let go. They have to move one of their guys now that they added 2.

It wouldn't surprise me if we traded for a CB too, not a big name guy, just a guy who can fill the 4th/5th CB spot.

We just have to survive those first 7 games. Even if Prince is healthy by week 4, with no camp and practice, the guy needs at least 3 weeks before he can get his feet wet on defense.

Realistically, if Prince becomes a player for us this year, the light will turn on with 4 games left, or maybe at the start of the playoffs if we get in.
Old 08-23-2011, 03:40 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sounds like we'll be working out Lito Sheppard and Kelvin Hayden.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 03:50 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Marvin Austin out for the year with a torn pec.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-23-2011, 05:08 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
One thing to consider is Rolle playing some CB in nickel but more so dime. Especially with Grant back in the picture. He provides some versatility.
I definitely think we'll be seeing a lot of 3 safety looks from us this year although it work differently than last year. This year Grant shouldn't be hugging the box quite as tightly, so instead of playing a S/LB hybrid he'll be more of a traditional in the box safety, with KP cleaning up deep and Rolle stepping up to cover guys. Hopefully Grant's agility and athleticism don't prevent him from making as big of an impact as he did last season when he had to cover more ground. I think that we'll definitely see 3 safeties out there most of the time were in the dime, but until Prince comes back and is up to speed, I think we'll see it a lot from our nickel defense. Especially if one of these young backers can take the second nickel 'backer spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
And it goes without saying that losing Thomas is a HUGE blow. Huge. We have to hope we can survive for the first 7 weeks before Prince comes along. Even then, it's still a downgrade.

Huge loss.
Yeah, it's getting ridiculous how many of our guys are picking up injuries. Our secondary went from one of the best and deepest in the league to one that's an injury away from having a major weakness to exploit.

Also glad to read beatty's playing great in games to. I have really high hopes for the kid and it's nice to see him realizing that potential he has. If he can develop mental and keep solidifying his strength he's got all pro talent with his long arms, quick feet and ability to use his speed to get leverage in the running game.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 05:11 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
This makes me so uneasy. I really hope this continues to add motivation and fire to him rather than causing him to get frustrated and lose that work ethic that he's done so much to change. I can only hope that we're just getting hit by our injuries early and that we'll have better luck once the hits start to count and matter.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 07:24 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What the **** is this ****!

Is this another one of those injury riddled years for us?
Old 08-23-2011, 08:32 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Holy **** guys, the amount of injuries are staggering. At one point you were easily the deepest team at CB as well as the team with the best core top to bottom, now it's almost a weakness.

Good thing Prince isn't out that long, I thought he was gone until late in the season. Aaron Ross is injury prone though, gotta watch him.

That pissed me off about Austin. He was in a great situation to flourish too. Sad to hear.

On another note 2 things I'm intersted in:

Will Da'Rell Scot make the roster? You guys are really deep at RB(as always it seems) but dude is a play-maker and I'm not talking about his 97 yard run. He's an added dimension that IMO can develop into a Mike Goodson type player when Bradshaw leaves or gets hurt.

Also is Cruz the #3 WR? He's oozing with talent, has alot to learn still about running routes but he attacks the ball in the air beautifully and I think if given a chance to expand his role he'll do wonders with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 09:02 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Holy **** guys, the amount of injuries are staggering. At one point you were easily the deepest team at CB as well as the team with the best core top to bottom, now it's almost a weakness.

Good thing Prince isn't out that long, I thought he was gone until late in the season. Aaron Ross is injury prone though, gotta watch him.

That pissed me off about Austin. He was in a great situation to flourish too. Sad to hear.

On another note 2 things I'm intersted in:

Will Da'Rell Scot make the roster? You guys are really deep at RB(as always it seems) but dude is a play-maker and I'm not talking about his 97 yard run. He's an added dimension that IMO can develop into a Mike Goodson type player when Bradshaw leaves or gets hurt.

Also is Cruz the #3 WR? He's oozing with talent, has alot to learn still about running routes but he attacks the ball in the air beautifully and I think if given a chance to expand his role he'll do wonders with it.

We are in deep doo doo!

CB Prince out for a while

DT Austin- DONE

CB Bruce Johnson- DONE

CB Witherspoon - DONE

CB T. Thomas- DONE

Osi Knee out until he gets a no contract. err.. I mean until he "feels" better.

Can someone please stay healthy?

People say injuries are part of the game... I agree! However...... CAN WE NOT HAVE THEM ALL IN ONE POSITION?!?!??!!??!?!

Last year - WRs and OL

year before - OL and RB

Before I think it was LBs

But every time one position gets gutted!

BBD, no more defensive players! See what happens! They break like Tim Carter!
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 09:46 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Osi is ahead of schedule as of today.

Scott will probably make the roster. Cruz is not our #3 WR.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-24-2011, 06:58 AM    (permalink
billybeejr
Rookie

billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was on wiki and saw that you guys signed Ryan Perrilloux. How has he looked in camp? Will he make the team?
billybeejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 07:53 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybeejr View Post
I was on wiki and saw that you guys signed Ryan Perrilloux. How has he looked in camp? Will he make the team?
I say he has pretty much no shot to make the team. We haven't carried 3 QBs in a while (smart move I think), but hopefully we can stash him on the practice squad.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 07:54 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Yeah I think they're hoping to get him on the Practice Squad. We've been looking for awhile to develop a QB behind Eli with the purpose of trading him for a pick ala Schaub or Kolb. We've done a bad job at it so far though with Woodson and Bomar.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-24-2011, 08:05 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah I think they're hoping to get him on the Practice Squad. We've been looking for awhile to develop a QB behind Eli with the purpose of trading him for a pick ala Schaub or Kolb. We've done a bad job at it so far though with Woodson and Bomar.
We need to start picking them earlier if that is what we are looking to do. And I'm not sure if Kolb or Schaub were picked for that reason. It's just the way it turned out. But when they were picked the team picking them didn't have as stable of a QB situation as we do.
Old 08-24-2011, 08:08 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't count out Cruz as our 3 just yet. So far Hixon started game 1 as our 3, and in game 2 Cruz started as our 3.

Maybe they're alternating? Maybe Jernigan gets a shot in game 3? I think whoever starts game 3 as our 3 will likely be the guy heading into the season.

We ran some very basic passing concepts in game 2. It's so difficult to get an accurate gauge on these guys when you're not really running a complex playbook in PS.

With so many injuries already, I can see some guys making this roster that wouldn't have made it otherwise. Right now our #3 CB is Coe. Yup...it's that bad.

I see us using a ton of 3 safety looks with Rolle as our nickel CB and we're probably gonna run a ton of zone.

So expect lots of Cover 2. Aren't you guys excited?!
Old 08-24-2011, 09:01 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I really think Cruz is our 5th or 6th WR right now.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-24-2011, 09:22 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
I really think Cruz is our 5th or 6th WR right now.
At worst he's 4th. Judging by the when he currently comes into the games.
Old 08-24-2011, 09:35 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well look at the roster, Nicks and Mario are locked in at 1 and 2. Jernigan is making the team, but as a rookie, who seems to really be overthinking things too much, I dont see him being #3 or having a significant impact this season. But I LOVE him for the future. Hixon might be at #3 and a lock to make the roster. That's 4 WR's there. Cruz is 5. Thomas HAS to make this team, and that'd be 6. Clayton's looked good too, is he WR #7 on this team? Where's that leave Barden? I know he could be PUP'd...but still after that, then what?

I think in terms of starting, Hixon is going to be our 3, and I'm perfectly ok with that
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 09:43 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm guessing Barden begins the year on PUP at this point.

I'd say

Nicks - Manningham - Cruz - Hixon - Jernigan - Thomas.

Cruz or Jernigan will be inactive every week.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 09:53 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I actually think Hixon and Thomas are above Cruz right now. Jernigan and Cruz are on the same level to me.

Nicks
Manningham
Hixon
Thomas
Cruz/Jernigan
Clayton/Calhoun

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-24-2011, 09:56 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Minus the first two on my list I didn't really have an order to that.

I agree Hixon is probably your 3rd reciever right now, and Thomas is most definitely your KR.

Lets not forget that Thomas actually does have some potential left too, if he is actually dedicated he could much more then a STer.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 10:04 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I think he's turned the corner since leaving Washington. It seems like the cut made him turn the lights on upstairs. I've seen nothing but praise from the coaching staff.

I didn't include Barden on my list since he's not ready. I still realistically think he can be the 3rd best WR on the team this year if he ever gets on the field.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-24-2011, 10:30 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Formation Guide for Bears Game compared to Panthers
AnishPatel : 8/23/2011 10:20 am
Bears @ Giants 8-22-11 PS Game # 2

Here are the formations we used compared to the ones we used game 1 against the Panthers. I tried to do it without recording the game so I missed couple formations.

I am headed out for the day, so thought I'd do this quickly. But we saw the same formations with some added new ones. Again, we mixed up X, Z and Y among our WR depth.

1 Strong I Right (Run)
2 I Pro Right (Run)
3 SG - Trips Right (Pass)---PUNT
4 I Pro Right (Pass)
5 I Pro Slot Right (Pass)
6 I Pro Right ??? (Pass)----PUNT
7 Ace - Y Trips Right (Run) #27
8 I Pro Right (Run) #27
9 I Pro Left wing Left (Run)
10 Ace - Double Tight (Pass)
11 Ace - Y Trips Right (Pass)
12 SG - Quads Right (Pass)
13 SG - Trips Left (Pass) Z=MM Slot=Cruz
14 Twins Right (Pass)
15 Strong I Right (Run)
16 SG - Trips Left (Pass) z = #47
17 I Pro Double Tight Left (Run)
18 Twins Left (Run)
19 Ace - Y Trips Left (Run)
20 Ace - Y Trips Left (Run) TD
21 Ace - Double Tight (Pass)
22 Ace - Quads Left (Run)#44
23 SG - Trips Right (Pass) MM
24 I Pro Left (Pass) screen # 88
25 SGL - Quads Left (Run) #44
26 I Pro Left (Pass)
27 Ace - Double Tight (Run)#44
28 SG - Quads Left (Pass) Penalty
29 SGL - Trips Right (Pass) MM
30 I Pro Right (Run) Ware------ 2nd Unit
31 I Pro Right (Pass) #80 outside WR
32 SGL -Trips Right (Pass) Screen # 28-----PUNT
33 Fullhouse (Run) # 35 Brown
34 Ace - Y Trips Left-------Half time
35 missed it (Pass)
36 Strong I Right (Run) # 28
37 I Pro Left (Pass)
38 I Pro Left (Run) # 28
39 Ace - Y Trips Left
40 I Pro Left (Run)
41 I Pro Left wing Left (Run) TD # 28
42 Ace - Double Tight (Run) #35
43 Ace - Double Tight (Run) Penalty
44 SGR - Double Slot (Pass) ---- PUNT
45 I Pro Double Tight Left (Run)
46 I Pro Right (Pass)
47 I Pro Left (Pass)
48 SGR - Y Trips Left (Run)
49 SGL - Trips Right (Pass)
50 SG - Double Slot (Run)
51 missed it (Run)
52 Ace - Quads Right (Pass) TD
53 I Pro Left (Run)
54 I Pro Right (Run) TD Scott

Giants @ Panthers Game
1. Strong I Right
2. Weak I Left
3. Strong I Right
4 Weak I Left
5 Ace - Double Tight
6 Shotgun - Y Trips Right
7 Bad Camera Angle so I missed it
8 I Pro Left
9 Split Back Slot Left
10 I Pro Right Wing Right
11 Double Slot ???
12 Y Trips Right
13 ????
14 I Pro Right
15 Shotgun - Y Trips Right
16 I Pro Left, motion TE ---& gt; I Pro Right
17 I Pro Left
18 Shotgun - Quads Right (TE Right, Slot Left)
19 2nd UNIT I Pro Left Wing Left
20 Weak I Right
21 Single Back (Ace) - Strong Right, Slot Left
22 Shotgun Left - Y Trips Right
23 Strong I Right
24 I Pro Right
25 I Pro Right
26 Shotgun - Quads Right
27 Shotgun - Quads Right
28 Shotgun - Y Trips Left
29 Shotgun Left - Quads Right
30 Shotgun Left - Quads Right

HALFTIME

31 I Pro Right
32 Weak I Left
33 Weak I Left, Motion FB Left ----& gt; Strong I Left
34 Strong I Right, Motion FB Left -----& gt; Weak I Right
35 Shotgun - Trips Right Empty
36 Play in Action - Victor Cruz Highlight
37 Shotgun - Double Slot
38 Shotgun - Bunch Right
39 Ace - Double Tight
40 I Pro Left
41 I Pro Left
42 I Pro Right
43 Shotgun left - Double Slot
44 Ace - Double Tight
45 I Pro Right
46 Bad Angle
47 Shotgun Right - Double Slot
48 Missed the play. I was posting.. Inc. pass though
49 I Pro right
50 Shotgun Left - Trips Left
51 Perriloux comes in: Strong I Left
52 Strong I Left
53 Strong I Left
54 Shotgun Left - Trips Right
55 Weak I Right
56 Weak I Right
57 Shotgun Right - Trips Left
58 Shotgun Left - Double Slot
59 Shotgun Left - Quads Right
60 Shotgun Left - Double Slot
61 Shotgun Left - Double Slot
62 Shotgun Right - Y Trips Left
63 Shotgun Left - Quads Right
64 Shotgun Left - Trips Right

This is the Panthers game. Someone can use this to check it against this game yesterday if they are bored. I didn't record it so I can't go back and see.

Formation: Weak I Left

2 WR ; 1 FB ; 1 RB ; 1 TE

X - Nicks
Z - Manningham
Y - Ballard

# 2 Back - Bear P
# 3 Back - Bradshaw

Formation: Ace - Double Tight

2 WR ; 1 RB ; 2 TE ; 0 FB

X - Nicks
Z - Manningham
Y1 - BP
Y2 - Ballard

Formation: Shotgun Left - Trips Right

4 WR ; 0 TE ; 1 RB ; 0 FB

X - Nicks
Z - Hixon
F/H ( Inside WR Position) - Manningham
Y - Bear P

Formation: I Pro Left

2 WR ; 1 TE; 1 RB ; 1 FB

X - Nicks
Z - Manningham
Y - Bear P.

Formation: Shotgun - Splitback Slot Left

3 WR ; 2 RB ; 0 TE ; 0 FB

X - Nicks
Z - Hixon
Y - Manningham

# 2 - Ware
# 3 - Bradshaw

Formation: I Pro Right Wing Right

1 WR ; 2 TE ; 1 FB ; 1 RB

X - Nicks
Y1 - Ballard
Y2 - # 48

# 2 - Bear P
# 3 - Bradshaw

X - Nicks
Z - Hixon
F/H - Manningham
Y - Bear P

2nd UNIT

Formation: Strong I Left

2 WR ; 1 TE ; 1 FB ; 1 RB

X - Hixon
Z - Cruz
Y - Bear P

# 2 - # 41
# 3 - ??

Formation: Ace - Slot Left Strong Right

3 WR ; 1 Rb ; 1 TE ; 0 FB

X - Hixon
Z - Darius R.
F/H - Cruz
Y - Bear P

X - Hixon
Z - Darius R
F/H - Cruz
Y - Bear P

Formation: Weak I Left

2 WR ; 1 FB ; 1 RB ; 1 TE

X - Darius
Z - Hixon
Y - Bear P

# 2 Back - # 41
# 3 Back - ??

Darius starts out as X however this play has TE motion making the TE go from the left to the right the formation. This causes Darius to be Z and Hixon to be X, which would make sense because when Plax went down Hixon was the backup X. As you can see, he played X a lot this game.

Formation: Ace - Double Tight

2 WR ; 1 RB ; 2 TE ; 0 FB

X - Devin Thomas
Z - Cruz
Y1 - ?
Y2 - # 46
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 10:57 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was a huge Thomas fan when he was coming out. Still hoping he turns it around. He was fantastic at Michigan State. Probably should have went back for his final year though.
Old 08-24-2011, 12:02 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

It should have been Barden's job to lose. But he's basically done everything he can to lose it.

You can sense Coughlin's frustration in him when he speaks about him. They desperately want him on the field to see what he can do but he's just always hurt. Is he even playing this week? Is he even going to be ready by week 1?

I don't have faith in Thomas, Jernigan, or Cruz to hold down the slot right now. None of them have wowed me as receivers. Thomas did a great job on special teams though. He'll definitely make the team.

Cruz is too inconsistent. Especially inside. He hears footsteps too often.
Old 08-24-2011, 12:05 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Truth be told, none of our WRs have wowed me. Mario is still inconsistent with just about everything, Nicks hasn't been consistent either and still makes mistakes himself, and nobody has established themselves as a 3.

Eli is in trouble this year guys. Our passing attack is going to suffer alot. We have nobody who can command the middle of the field.

At this point, I'm thinking we should move Nicks to the slot in 3 WR sets, and go speed outside with Mario and Hixon and if Barden can get healthy, play him outside instead of Hixon.