Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 12-17-2013, 10:30 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I completely forgot about that.

Another thing I don't like is, this FA class doesn't wow me at all. I feel like we should build primarily through the draft and exercise patience.

Now with what, 25 FAs? we pretty much have no choice but to get some guys in FA as well, but I don't want to go overboard. I just don't like this FA class.

I want the foundation of our team moving forward to be drafted guys. If it means a 2 year rebuild then so be it. We'll be better in the long run bc of it.
Old 12-17-2013, 10:40 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would like to bring some vets in on one year deals. No big FA splashes. I don't know exactly how well he's been playing, but I have to think someone like Gurode could have helped us. Veteran depth, and brings a nastiness to the line.

Players like that we can bring in on one year at the vet min. No guaranteed roster spot. Let them compete at camp. Just fill some holes we have that we cannot get in the draft because of the amount of picks.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 10:43 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It sounds like there's some good depth at OT in this draft. I wouldn't be opposed to bringing in 2 OTs, converting one to a G.

Doesn't sound like a great Guard or Center draft class. You're probably going to see some guys considered OT prospects convert to Guard prospects as the process plays itself out.
Old 12-17-2013, 10:56 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I believe someone just recently said it's a very good interior OL draft.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 11:13 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So O'hara on Mike and Mike said Mara was red faced and would clean house but wouldn't clean house for the sake of it.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 11:18 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Well regardless, I think unless a complete stud falls in our laps we gotta go OL the first 2 rounds. Let's go young and let these guys gel together.

Our team feels so old and slow. We need to get younger and faster.
Old 12-17-2013, 11:42 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Mara has said that before and didn't do anything.

The change has to come from Reese if he has that kind of authority.
Old 12-17-2013, 02:31 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
It sounds like there's some good depth at OT in this draft. I wouldn't be opposed to bringing in 2 OTs, converting one to a G.

Doesn't sound like a great Guard or Center draft class. You're probably going to see some guys considered OT prospects convert to Guard prospects as the process plays itself out.
There is plenty of talent at guard in the guard draft class. Plenty of talent for the first two days
Big_Pete is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 02:40 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I saw Asomoah on KC is a FA also. If they don't re-sign him he's right up there with Mack as a big get.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-17-2013, 03:41 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brown got better as the year went on, but when are we going to find our Justin Tucker? That would sure help us out.

Undrafted rookie who wins the job out of camp and just never looks back.
Old 12-17-2013, 03:57 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Mara has said that before and didn't do anything.

The change has to come from Reese if he has that kind of authority.
Let's be fair, we are all on the outside looking in. We don't know about changes behind the scenes and the Giants handle their business privately.
Old 12-17-2013, 05:46 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Brown got better as the year went on, but when are we going to find our Justin Tucker? That would sure help us out.

Undrafted rookie who wins the job out of camp and just never looks back.
Are you talking about kicker specifically? That's the least of our problems this year and in the past. If not talking K then Cruz and Hill probably fulfill our UDFA good karma for the next 10 years.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-17-2013, 08:21 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I saw Asomoah on KC is a FA also. If they don't re-sign him he's right up there with Mack as a big get.
We should sign both

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
We've already seen that your love is only capable of destroying.
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 09:02 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf (Rosebud) View Post
We should sign both
I see that as possible.

I know people talk about whether Mack will be available.

Firstly they will have to choose between franchising Alex Mack or TJ Ward.

The projected 2014 franchise tag for offensive linemen is $11,126,000.

Nick Mangold is the only center in the league with a contract averaging more than $6.5m per year..

Plus Cleveland has enough cap room now to extend Mack with that kind of money, I don't see them putting up big dollars to retain Mack.
Old 12-18-2013, 09:08 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Are you talking about kicker specifically? That's the least of our problems this year and in the past. If not talking K then Cruz and Hill probably fulfill our UDFA good karma for the next 10 years.
I am. I'd imagine we'd be bringing in someone else to camp anyway. Let's find a young guy we can just stick out there and not have to worry about anymore. There are so many good young kickers in this league right now. It's not like we've been hitting on our late round picks lately anyway.

Also I agree about the karma on Cruz. There was a reason Hill was a UDFA though. Everyone knew he had talent.
Old 12-18-2013, 09:34 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post
I see that as possible.

I know people talk about whether Mack will be available.

Firstly they will have to choose between franchising Alex Mack or TJ Ward.

The projected 2014 franchise tag for offensive linemen is $11,126,000.

Nick Mangold is the only center in the league with a contract averaging more than $6.5m per year..

Plus Cleveland has enough cap room now to extend Mack with that kind of money, I don't see them putting up big dollars to retain Mack.
I thought OT had a different franchise number than interior OL. I don't think they group every OL spot together.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-18-2013, 09:40 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Mack is a pipe dream. I wish we could get him but I doubt it.
Old 12-18-2013, 09:46 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
I am. I'd imagine we'd be bringing in someone else to camp anyway. Let's find a young guy we can just stick out there and not have to worry about anymore. There are so many good young kickers in this league right now. It's not like we've been hitting on our late round picks lately anyway.

Also I agree about the karma on Cruz. There was a reason Hill was a UDFA though. Everyone knew he had talent.
Brown has been good this year and Tynes was fine before that. You think the extra million in cap space would be better off going to a different group which I understand but I'm not sure how much that helps.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-18-2013, 09:52 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

I'm not even concerned with the cap space. I just think we can upgrade. Our guys aren't great and everyone seems to have players now who can hit 50 plus yarders with some consistency.
Old 12-18-2013, 10:00 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Young kickers have cannons on em nowadays. I wouldn't mind an upgrade but I wouldn't look at them until round 5 at earliest.
Old 12-18-2013, 10:05 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Young kickers have cannons on em nowadays. I wouldn't mind an upgrade but I wouldn't look at them until round 5 at earliest.
I agree. Round 6 at the earliest for me.
Old 12-18-2013, 10:13 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
I agree. Round 6 at the earliest for me.
Yeah that's fine with me. At that point, if we're gonna be honest about it, you'll probably have a higher success rate targeting players like kickers than you would with a shot in the dark LB, OL or whatever else we choose.

I'd play the percentages in the later rounds. Kickers, RBs, FBs, the underappreciated positions that still hold value to the overall 53 are the types that I like looking for in those rounds.

Generally speaking of course. It all depends on the board.
Old 12-18-2013, 10:26 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

I just want to sign a UDFA but I hope they do their homework on it. The expanded rosters in training camp make it easy to create a competition. Especially since we won't bother bringing in another punter to compete. And I don't want to hear crap about Brown being a veteran from the coaching staff because we had no problem handing a job to Dodge.
Old 12-18-2013, 10:32 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Speaking of FBs, I hope we keep Connor and let Hynoski go. Connor is sooo much better than him.

I honestly have no idea why Connor struggled to find a team. He's better than most FBs in the league from a traditional sense.
Old 12-18-2013, 10:36 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Not many teams even use a FB anymore so I guess they felt more comfortable with who they had. If you watched Hard Knocks the Bengals went with that TE/FB hybrid because he was more versatile and younger. I agree Connor should stay over Hynoski though.

sig by BoneKrusher