Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 08-24-2011, 06:31 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Hopefully we use a lot more 4 ace packages this year. I don't like that amoeba defense Fewell used last year. 4 aces is the way to go.

Even with our injuries in the secondary, I think we have a lot of manuverability with our safeties to put together some good coverages. We're just going to have to rely on our fronts more this year to get pressure.

I see Rolle playing nickel CB in our nickel strong packages. I don't think Coe or Bly or anybody sniffs the field unless they come out 4 WR.
I'm with this guy. Our secondary is still good to shut down 3 wide, as long as we don't get any further injuries to the secondary and Prince comes back and can adjust before we need to shut down teams that go 4 wide. Especially if Fewell gets more creative now that's he got a better grasp of the talent at his disposal and has had a whole summer to play with that knowledge and his playbook. I like him as a coach although I do share BBD's disdain for his cover-2 back ground, I also think it wouldn't be far fetch for him to have studied up on how spags used to use our players to try and incorporate my A-gap pressure, or at least I hope he did cause he's a smart guy and a passionate coach with a lot of talent to work with.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 06:57 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let's not forget why they moved Rolle to S. It's because he sucked at CB.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 07:32 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Let's not forget why they moved Rolle to S. It's because he sucked at CB.
He was alright, it was mostly because he could make a lot more plays if they gave him the freedom of playing safety.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 08-25-2011, 10:18 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He also played on a terrible team. Now he has a better team with a better pass rush so he won't have to cover as long.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 12:03 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
He also played on a terrible team. Now he has a better team with a better pass rush so he won't have to cover as long.
Or as often, or over as much room since he'll be covering the inside receivers and not the outside guys who could just burn past him.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-25-2011, 12:41 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Which makes my point that he wasn't that good of a CB to begin with. It's not a big deal as we won't ask him to play CB that often but it's not like he was a world beater there.

I'm really interested to see how the WR corps gets picked. Everyone has made a case for themself besides Calhoun. Barden was running at about 90-100% yesterday also so I'm hoping he gets back for that last preseason game against the Pats.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-25-2011, 01:40 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fenikz tells me all the time that Rolle's best position is nickel CB, haha.
Old 08-25-2011, 02:22 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
It's cause that was the first position they stuck him at that he excelled at. Getting to play inside meant he didn't have as much ground to be responsible for. Sure he wasn't a great corner, that's why he's not going to be playing on the outside and once Prince is back and caught up will be replaced. But it's nice that's he's got that ability so that we can go into nickel formations.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-25-2011, 02:57 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What do you guys think our 53 man roster will look like? My guess is this:

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 06:35 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Which makes my point that he wasn't that good of a CB to begin with. It's not a big deal as we won't ask him to play CB that often but it's not like he was a world beater there.

I'm really interested to see how the WR corps gets picked. Everyone has made a case for themself besides Calhoun. Barden was running at about 90-100% yesterday also so I'm hoping he gets back for that last preseason game against the Pats.
Rolle was a world beater at NB/Joker..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
It's cause that was the first position they stuck him at that he excelled at. Getting to play inside meant he didn't have as much ground to be responsible for. Sure he wasn't a great corner, that's why he's not going to be playing on the outside and once Prince is back and caught up will be replaced. But it's nice that's he's got that ability so that we can go into nickel formations.
giving rolle the nb position will create turnovers, we just need to hope that Grant/Sash can suffice opposite kenny

Rolle was deadly inside, this also gives us a legit blitzer out of the defensive backfield, and being able to screw around with things.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 07:19 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

I really hope Grant can reproduce his season having to cover more ground as a more traditional safety.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-26-2011, 11:59 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For what it's worth, I felt that playing nickel CB was more difficult than the sidelines, all things equal.

When you play the sidelines you can use the border as an extra defender, but in nickel, you have another cut you have to defend. It's harder.

Especially if the WR starts drifting to the sideline, just nudge him with your hips and try to get him out of bounds, if he does, you don't even have to play him anymore bc he can't be the next player to touch the ball.

I only played high school ball though, and they let us rough up WRs. Not sure if they still do, I haven't followed high school ball in a long while, but we got away with murder.
Old 08-26-2011, 12:03 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It sounds like Cruz is going to be our slot btw.
Old 08-26-2011, 01:02 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
It sounds like Cruz is going to be our slot btw.
If he can handle it then so be it. Let him be Y for 1 personnel package, Hixon in another, and MM in another.
Old 08-26-2011, 06:56 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Umm WTF are the NFL, Giants, and Jets doing. They won't cancel this game because they're so greedy for the almighty dollar. We now have to play 2 preseason games in 3 days. Are they kidding me?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-27-2011, 12:31 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Steve Smith returned to practice for the Eagles already. I can't believe how bad we screwed this one up.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-27-2011, 12:33 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Steve Smith returned to practice for the Eagles already. I can't believe how bad we screwed this one up.
It's a glorified walk through. Let's not go crazy about it. And we didn't screw it up. Do you think it's coincidence that all of Ben D's clients ALL ended up on the Eagles this FA?
Old 08-27-2011, 12:38 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

You're right that's not a coincidence but our medical staff or Reese flubbed this one. It's a walk through but once he practices he can't be placed on PUP as you know. This one will sting me all year so I'll try not to bring it up often.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-27-2011, 12:42 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
You're right that's not a coincidence but our medical staff or Reese flubbed this one. It's a walk through but once he practices he can't be placed on PUP as you know. This one will sting me all year so I'll try not to bring it up often.
Again, it's science not a subjective thing like he made the right decision or wrong one.. One veteran doctor who did the surgery gave our guys advice. Smith turned down the big offer prior to the injury, and according to the reports, didn't give us a chance to match.

I don't blame Reese or the doctors. They haven't made me think otherwise. Like I said on BBI, it's not like we are the Cards, Lions, or Browns were mismanagement occurred too often where we should be very skeptical.
Old 08-27-2011, 12:52 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

http://corner.bigblueinteractive.com...1&posted=1#end

here is the big discussion going on where I am in.
Old 08-27-2011, 02:20 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
http://corner.bigblueinteractive.com...1&posted=1#end

here is the big discussion going on where I am in.
Yeah I saw you post on there. I try to stay away from posting on BBI even though I read everything.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-27-2011, 02:52 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Yeah I saw you post on there. I try to stay away from posting on BBI even though I read everything.
Hehe why? It's the big leagues there. If you get respect there, it says a lot, at least to me. So it's fun site, and they are quick to call ********. It's an interesting dynamic there. You have to be a good poster there or else one doesn't get respect.

You should go. You are a good poster, now carry it on there.
Old 08-27-2011, 03:35 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hehe why? It's the big leagues there. If you get respect there, it says a lot, at least to me. So it's fun site, and they are quick to call ********. It's an interesting dynamic there. You have to be a good poster there or else one doesn't get respect.

You should go. You are a good poster, now carry it on there.
I just go there to get up to the second news. But reading that forum can make your head hurt.
Old 08-27-2011, 04:59 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

There are a ton of great posters over there but I like our community here. All the G-Men fans here are pretty knowledgeable and we don't have to deal with the idiots as much.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-27-2011, 05:04 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I just go there to get up to the second news. But reading that forum can make your head hurt.
Yeah there are some ignorant posters there but go to giants.com or other NYG forums. It's worse there. I think all in all the good outweights the bad on BBI by a lot.