Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 01-09-2014, 09:58 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Graham is on contract for 2 more years. He won't be available unless he's cut.

Do we go big and go after Greg Hardy in FA? I would love that personally. I've always been a huge Hardy fan.
Old 01-09-2014, 10:00 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes to Hardy!!! I thought I read Graham was a FA.

Another OC candidate Giants are interviewing is former Texans QB coach Karl Dorrell.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 10:02 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sounds like we interviewed 2 WCO guys. Maybe the Giants are legitimately considering a scheme change? I can only wish.

Hardy is gonna demand a bunch of money and probably means we lose Tuck, which I'm ok with, but knowing the Giants, I doubt we go in that direction. It's more of a dream than a reality.

We're probably gonna re-sign Tuck to a 3 year deal, and go with Tuck/JPP/Moore/Kiwi for one more year and hope we upgrade the other positions enough to compete.
Old 01-09-2014, 10:05 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm pretty excited for FA and the draft this year. More so than the recent past. I guess sucking hard will do that.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-09-2014, 10:11 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I feel like we're 2 years away from being a complete team again. I haven't felt that way since 07.

After 07 I thought we can throw our hat in with any team in the league all the way up to this year. Now it's time to rebuild. We all kind of saw this coming.
Old 01-09-2014, 10:42 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I don't think we're 2 years even with all our holes. We could win the division next year.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-09-2014, 10:43 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

You think it'll take more than 2 years?
Old 01-09-2014, 10:44 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He said next year bbd hahah

And I love the Gruden hire for the skins. He was so awful with the bengals
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 10:45 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Oh. I think we can win the division just because the division is so awful. But to be complete enough to challenge for a SB, I think we're 2 years away.

Of course you'll never be a complete team, but I think we need 2 solid drafts to be good enough that we can make up for whatever remaining holes we'll have on the roster.
Old 01-09-2014, 10:53 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

You don't need to be a complete team to win the SB. 2011 team proved that. A good draft and FA this offseason and we'll be right back in the mix. Huge year for Reese as if this goes south then we'll be shopping for a new GM and HC.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-09-2014, 10:56 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Mara and Reese are both going to be on with Francesa today. 2:05 and 2:40. Hope they give us a little something.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-09-2014, 12:08 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
We need a DE in the worst way now. Any good available FA's? Graham, Tuck, Moore, JP, Kiwi? Would that get it done. Draft wise I see a lot of 3-4 OLB. We need a CB also. Lots of holes on both side of ball right now.
We need to get fast athletic LBs, we have lots of options in the draft with players like CJ Mosely, Ryan Shazier, Christian Jones etc.

There are a few decent DEs in free agency.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 12:23 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Mara and Reese are both going to be on with Francesa today. 2:05 and 2:40. Hope they give us a little something.
Won't be able to listen, someone post cliff notes!
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 12:27 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thinking about our defense and considering the guys we have off contract .

Tuck is off contract, Kiwanuka is a likely cut and we need to upgrade our LBs

Instead of simply reloading our defense, is it worth looking to evolve our system?

For example, if we reload our existing system we are probably looking at needing to find 2-3 DEs

I would like to see us evolving our defense a little perhaps a little closer to what Seattle (which also has Tampa 2 roots). On the DL we'd need a 5 tech at LDE, a couple of stout DTs and the passrusher at RDE/LEO.

Suddenly our roster needs are not as huge. We have Jenkins, I would probably look at brining in a younger guy like Lamaar Houston or as well. We could even look at Michael Bennett. At DT we are good with Jospeh, Jenkins, Hankins, Patterson and Kuhn. At RDE we are also good with JPP and Moore

We still ideally need to overhaul our LBs. Beason is still probably fine and Williams, Paysinger and Rivers fit the scheme.

Overall we would need 1 5 tech DE and retool LBs (which we needed anyways)

It seems like it is an easier adjustment for us player wise.
Old 01-09-2014, 12:31 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Don't forget Linval is a FA also. He's my #1 must re-sign. Beason a close 2nd.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-09-2014, 12:33 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Graham is on contract for 2 more years. He won't be available unless he's cut.

Do we go big and go after Greg Hardy in FA? I would love that personally. I've always been a huge Hardy fan.
I am on board with it, but it is a big investment.

Hardy knocked back a deal offering $8 million per year.

He may be looking for a deal in the ball-park of what Panthers DE Charles Johnson got a couple of years ago:

7/29/2011: Signed a six-year, $76 million contract. The deal contains $32 million guaranteed, including a $30 million signing bonus. Johnson is eligible for an annual $250,000 workout bonus in years two through six. Salaries: 2014: $8.75 million, 2015: $9.75 million, 2016: $10.75 million, 2017: Free Agent
Old 01-09-2014, 12:34 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Don't forget Linval is a FA also. He's my #1 must re-sign. Beason a close 2nd.
Linval is a guy we must resign in my opinion. Hopefully they are working on a deal now
Old 01-09-2014, 12:41 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Looking at the offensive coordinator options interviewed (Sullivan, Loggains, McAdoo and Loggains), I think McAdoo is my preferred option at this point.

1. The Packers offense is explosive

2. GB has done very well plugging in other QB due to need this year.

3. They play outdoors in cold weather

4. McAdoo is also the only one who is still hired by his team and even got a HC interview with the Browns. All the other three were fired

It certainly does look like we are consdering complete scheme overhauls.
Old 01-09-2014, 01:16 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

ST Coach Tom Quinn returning also. We're only getting a new OC.

From what Mara is saying so far 100% Gilbride would have returned if he didn't decide to retire.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-09-2014, 01:19 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Doesn't surprise me. We hate change. I love our owners and Coughlin but at the end of the day this is a business and you have to be able to move on when coaches and players are essentially just commodities. It's sad, but it's a part of being a good team. Sometimes you have to part ways.
Old 01-09-2014, 01:19 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How about Gilbride Jr.? Man, I'd love to work with TC. You can do whatever as a position coach or assistant coach and still have a job. It really is amazing! How does a position coach whose whole unit messes up still have a job? That's Gilbride Jr I am talking about.

Quinn is god awful!
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 01:21 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WHHYYYYY QUINN WHYYYYYY.

I don't understand this at all.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 01:22 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Mara said need to improve drafting but really like first picks from last year (Pugh, Hankins, Moore)

Needs to improve personnel overall but mostly on offense.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-09-2014, 01:23 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I'm not shocked. The only time we'll see a major coaching overhaul is when Coughlin retires.

Just gotta hope and pray we draft well and can rebound next year. That's all you can do. We'll hate our schemes until Coughlin retires. That's just the reality of it.
Old 01-09-2014, 01:24 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BBD quick question, do you have Bank of America by chance?
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote