Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 02-24-2014, 08:51 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We need to cut him. He's not the Snee we once knew, and he's just going to eat up money and a starting spot on the OL for no reason. We all know TC won't bench him unless he can't play, so Reese needs to drop the hammer and just cut him.

Snee and Baas both need to go. Love everything the guy did for us, he's a Giant for life, but you gotta make hard decisions every now and then. Gotta cut him.

Hopefully he retires.
Old 02-24-2014, 09:14 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sounds like they'll be back which is such a dumb mistake. They better take huge paycuts.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 09:19 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Reese screws up the OL again and we falter bc of it, that should be his head. Enough already. Tired of this ****.
Old 02-24-2014, 09:22 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea he better have a good plan here. Honestly I wouldnt mind them back but as backups.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-24-2014, 09:25 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Ideally yes, but you know that will never happen. That's not how it works. If they're back, they're starters unless they get hurt and lose their starting jobs as a result.
Old 02-24-2014, 09:27 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Ideally yes, but you know that will never happen. That's not how it works. If they're back, they're starters unless they get hurt and lose their starting jobs as a result.
Friggin vets. Coughlin better look in the mirror and realize they're not the same players anymore.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-24-2014, 09:30 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Friggin vets. Coughlin better look in the mirror and realize they're not the same players anymore.
Dinosaur gonna do dinosaur thangs.

It's Coughlin's biggest flaw. That's why I was hoping Reese would be proactive and force Coughlin's hand by getting rid of dead weight. The worst part is, there are a lot of good quality FA Centers available according to PFF (yes, I know, take it with a grain of salt) and if we keep Baas we won't go after any of them. Which is a gigantic mistake.

I hate Baas so much. I hate his face. His stupid beard and all his stupid broken bones.
Old 02-24-2014, 09:31 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

When does FA start?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-24-2014, 09:31 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

bears are awesome, shut up.

there are actually some pretty good centers in this draft, IMO. We could grab one round 3-4 perhaps
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 09:39 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Anyone is an upgrade over Baas. I'll take anything at this point.
Old 02-24-2014, 09:41 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I wonder how much Beason is looking for that we can't re-sign him before FA officially begins.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-24-2014, 09:41 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Do you want Beason or Dansby? Both are free agents.
Old 02-24-2014, 09:42 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i'm okay that we have a price with him and are sticking to our guns.

Linval is a must re-sign before FA. I want that to be a done deal and not hanging over our heads. It'd let us know what we're working with in terms of $ and takes away what would become a major hole/need.
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 02-24-2014, 09:45 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Zak, I think I just read it starts March 11th
Quote:
Old 02-24-2014, 09:47 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haha, I really wanted Dansby 5 years ago. At this point I'd just bring back Beason.
Jughead10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 09:48 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Dansby apparently had a very good year. At this point you have to ask yourself who's the better player and I think Dansby is. The question comes down to, how much money does Dansby want. He's a nice 2 year fill in for the right price.
Old 02-24-2014, 09:50 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd rather have the inside backer though. Even if Dansby is slightly better. And I would not want both. Too old.
Jughead10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 09:50 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Thanks Scotty!!

So 2 weeks from tomorrow to get some of our guys re-signed. Surprised no one has yet. Did Josh Brown re-sign?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-24-2014, 09:53 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I'd rather have the inside backer though. Even if Dansby is slightly better. And I would not want both. Too old.
Dansby can play inside.
Old 02-25-2014, 08:20 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Good FA list here. Have Linval at #20 and Hakeem at #38. I didn't look for more of our players after the first page.

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nf...t-top-150?pg=1

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-26-2014, 08:44 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
NJ.com has learned the Giants are planning to attack free agency by looking at some of the top, young guards on the market.
http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...e_rebuild.html

That's what I like to hear!
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 09:14 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I just poked a hole through my pants.
Old 02-26-2014, 09:26 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Awesome! Let's hope it's true.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-26-2014, 09:41 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sounds great. I think I'd prefer to get a really good guard than a tackle. This draft is LOADED with good tackles. Could easily nab one in the second and possibly third round.

Get a guard in FA, get a tackle/center in the draft = OL problems fixed for quite a while. Then we can focus on other needs for quite some time.

That's the nice thing about linemen. Typically they are likely to last a long time and stay good a long time. Just do what the 49ers did. Address the line early and often in an off-season, then don't worry about it for the next 4-5 years. And it means you can risk those late round developmental OL guys and hope they develop.
Old 02-26-2014, 10:49 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only part I don't like is bringing back both Baas and Snee, I think its one or the other at this point, preferably whoever is healthier and takes the biggest paycut.

Sign a FA guard, and resign Boothe. Draft a center/guard depending on who you kept.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote