Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 03-10-2014, 10:40 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

is Patterson a FA? I hope we retain him. Him and Jenkins were big boosts last year. Jones' versatility would be a huge plus and would make DT lesser of a need, imo

edit: Patterson is a FA. Hope we keep him cheap
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 12:17 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Add Pettigrew and De La Puente to the interest list. TE's and C's look like what we're gunning for in FA.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 12:27 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm ok with free agent TEs, but I'm lukewarm on the Centers. Is this gonna wind up being David Baas all over again?

Last time we overpaid for a mediocre Center just to address the need we wound up with Baas. I hope that doesn't happen again.

We've had mediocre Centers for damn year 10 years now. It's tiring after awhile.
Old 03-10-2014, 12:29 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

O'Hara in his prime was better than mediocre.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 12:33 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Meh, I was never a huge O'Hara fan. Mediocre means average, and he was an average albeit reliable Center. He was never an anchor. I wanted him replaced for years.

Center is a position where you have a good 4 to 5 guys who are elite, and then a large group of mediocre guys (O'Hara fell into this category) and then guys who just suck (Baas).

I guess you can break the mediocre category into 2 layers as well, but I never really felt O'Hara was ever a top 10 Center at any point in his career. Which makes him mediocre.
Old 03-10-2014, 12:34 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
O'Hara in his prime was better than mediocre.

Pfft, if a three time pro bowl, one time all-pro center isn't the very definition of mediocre, I don't know what is. This is meant as a joke.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 12:35 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

The Pro Bowl for OLmen is a joke. The Pro Bowl is a joke period.
Old 03-10-2014, 12:41 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't really want any of these FAs. This FA class stinks.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 12:47 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think there are some solid pieces. Verner and Pettigrew I'd be very very happy with.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-10-2014, 12:49 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Verner is pretty good. I wouldn't mind him. I don't mind Quarrless. He's mediocre but he addresses a need. Don't want Pettigrew, he's not a good fit for this new offense. Not a fan of any of the Centers. The Guards are solid but sounds like we're not going to spend for them. I like the OTs as well but again, expensive.

Vincent Rey has quietly become my ideal candidate at MIKE (Good call Pete).
Old 03-10-2014, 12:49 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't want BP as our TE or AQ. I want a pass catching TE who can be highly productive. Not some place holder. While they have to be an average blocker, I care more about their pass catching prowess, not their blocking ability.
Old 03-10-2014, 12:50 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quiet you. Just be happy you're getting anything.
Old 03-10-2014, 12:59 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BBD calling O'hara mediocre is crossing the line. Take it back or else there are going to be some very serious problems
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 03-10-2014, 12:59 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Nope, now it's reversed. The Offense blows, and the defense, while it can upgrade isn't code blue like the offense is.

Our OL stinks
NO X
NO TE
NO RB

LOL. It's like a poor communist food market with little food, and hundreds of citizens trying to buy weekly groceries.
Old 03-10-2014, 01:00 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

You may be bigger than me but I'll just shatter your ankles and run away Scotty.
Old 03-10-2014, 01:02 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Giants have been rumored to have priced out of the Verner market.

I think we use that $ on a bunch of "B" level guys like Jones, Pettigrew, De La Puente and McClain.

Wouldn't be terrible
Quote:
Old 03-10-2014, 01:05 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
Giants have been rumored to have priced out of the Verner market.

I think we use that $ on a bunch of "B" level guys like Jones, Pettigrew, De La Puente and McClain.

Wouldn't be terrible
Save the money, I'd address it wit re-signing our own, if worthy. I'd keep the money if possible, and not invest in B or C level guys. Just reading reports, it seems like every guy has like 7 to 12 teams "interested." The price for average talent is going to be very high.
Old 03-10-2014, 01:06 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Save the money, I'd address it wit re-signing our own, if worthy. I'd keep the money if possible, and not invest in B or C level guys. Just reading reports, it seems like every guy has like 7 to 12 teams "interested." The price for average talent is going to be very high.
I think we could get one of the centers fairly cheap. We've got some money to play with and so many holes and only 6 draft picks. I like Martin from USC at center, but do we want a rookie center to start this year?

it's going to be interesting how it plays out. Although, I can see our draft going like this:

1: Lewan (or martin)
2: CB
3: WR

and I would be pretty okay with it.
Quote:
Old 03-10-2014, 01:06 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
The Offense blows, and the defense, while it can upgrade isn't code blue like the offense is.
Isn't two thirds of the Giants defense about to hit free agency? or something...
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 01:08 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

If we're not signing Verner then we better bring back Joseph.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-10-2014, 01:13 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
If we're not signing Verner then we better bring back Joseph.
I'm kinda with you. bringing back Joseph would be so nice. Our run stuffing was incredible last year with virtually no LB play
Quote:
Old 03-10-2014, 01:14 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
I think we could get one of the centers fairly cheap. We've got some money to play with and so many holes and only 6 draft picks. I like Martin from USC at center, but do we want a rookie center to start this year?

it's going to be interesting how it plays out. Although, I can see our draft going like this:

1: Lewan (or martin)
2: CB
3: WR

and I would be pretty okay with it.

Lewan or Martin or Ebron or Gilbert
That Samoian Guard UCLA or Gabe Jackson
WR
Old 03-10-2014, 01:18 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
I'm kinda with you. bringing back Joseph would be so nice. Our run stuffing was incredible last year with virtually no LB play
That was the whole point of letting MB go. To pay Cruz and Nicks, and we were going to let LJ go to pay Nicks. Then a lot happened.. We paid Cruz, Nicks stunk, and pulled his apathy attitude to stay healthy for a pay day. So now we let MB go, Nicks won't be re-signed, and now we have that money to pay LJ.

That's why I want us to pay LJ. He has done what we drafted him for. Pay the guy.
Old 03-10-2014, 01:26 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Big Hank the Tank can save us some bank.
Old 03-10-2014, 01:28 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

The goal is to create a duo that can stop the run. And now we are banking on Hank, Kuhn, and a veteran to be a strong rotation. I am not comfortable with that. We are 1 injury to having no depth. Let's be proactive. Let's re-sign LJ, and have him as the guy and then see who plays well and goes from there.