Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 09-06-2011, 02:01 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"That's what gives you a chance. Otherwise you're a play behind," Giants offensive coordinator Kevin Gilbride said. "If I have a curl route and you're in a 2 zone, you got me. If you're in two man, you got me. But if I have (something) which allows me to convert, I got you."

Giants' Receivers Need Ph.D.s in Route-Running

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...655455958.html
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 02:09 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
"That's what gives you a chance. Otherwise you're a play behind," Giants offensive coordinator Kevin Gilbride said. "If I have a curl route and you're in a 2 zone, you got me. If you're in two man, you got me. But if I have (something) which allows me to convert, I got you."

Giants' Receivers Need Ph.D.s in Route-Running

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...655455958.html
Haha. You think Mario can spell Ph.D?
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 03:44 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have sad news... So sit down.. Put a belt in your mouth just in case you guys may want to bite down. Ok.. Ready...

Per league source, Giants LB Jonathan Goff has torn ACL and is out for the year. Team is expected to sign Kawika Mitchell to replace him.

So, add 1 more to the IR fest!
Old 09-06-2011, 03:46 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

http://twitter.com/#!/ProFootballTal...75690539384832
Old 09-06-2011, 03:49 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think this injury hurts as much as if we lost another CB or DL. Granted we did go into the final 53 with 4 rookie LBs, but Goff is replaceable. I like him and I think he does a fine job, but he's a two down LB who can't cover. I think Jones can fill in.
Old 09-06-2011, 03:52 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Giants middle linebacker Jonathan Goff lost for season with torn ACL
http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...ker_jonat.html
Old 09-06-2011, 03:59 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Per depth chart the Giants released today, Hixon is returning punts. Jernigan was third string.
Old 09-06-2011, 04:05 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

****** INJURIES! every ****** year we get a ******** of injuries that totally screw us out of any chance at a legitimate superbowl run. We are SO cursed it's not even funny
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 04:06 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Per depth chart the Giants released today, Hixon is returning punts. Jernigan was third string.
Yeah, they must have made it recently, because the TC presser, he wasn't sure. It helps the position, but with the rate of ACLs, I truly hope it doesn't take away from WR, or worse hixon doesn't get hurt.
Old 09-06-2011, 04:09 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

More crappy news but I think Jones can do an admirable job.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 04:12 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

It also had Ballard ahead of Beckum. If we had any type of depth at TE, I have to think Beckum doesn't make this team. I've completely given up on him as well now.
Old 09-06-2011, 04:23 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I guess we better hope all those great junior LBs declare for the draft. Whatever I wasn't that high on Goff and I missed Kawika and this gives Jones and Herzy more playtime

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 08:01 PM    (permalink
JBCX
Veteran

JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Holy ****, I thought it was bad enough already, but the Giants just lost Jonathan Goff on top of all that?

I'm not a Giants fan, but I offer my condolences. That's f-in crazy. You guys lost your MLB, #1 CB, #3 CB, #3 DT, and OLB all in the span of one off-season.

I've never seen anything like it before.
JBCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 10:05 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You'd think we'd be interested in Lofa now.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 11:10 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Holy ****, I thought it was bad enough already, but the Giants just lost Jonathan Goff on top of all that?

I'm not a Giants fan, but I offer my condolences. That's f-in crazy. You guys lost your MLB, #1 CB, #3 CB, #3 DT, and OLB all in the span of one off-season.

I've never seen anything like it before.
No we didn't...we lost our #1 MIKE, #2 CB, #4/5 CB, #3-5 DT and #2 SAM for the season...which sucks enough for you not to have to twist the facts to make our situation seem worse than it is.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 11:11 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
You'd think we'd be interested in Lofa now.
Aren't we signing Kawika Mitchell? He played great for Fewell when he left us after the SB win.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 11:39 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so looks like we've signed Kawika, but they're saying he won't be ready for Sunday...so Greg Jones is penciled in at starting Mike...which I am EXTREMELY excited to see.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 06:36 AM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess this means Boley goes back to calling the defensive plays in the huddle? If I remember correctly, wasn't he the one calling the plays when Pierce went down in the 2009 season?
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 12:13 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Losing Goff hurts. Say what you want about the guy, but he was a very solid player. Was he a great player? No, but he's still better than anything else we had at MIKE. And he was improving too. Now he's suffered a torn ACL in a contract year, so he probably won't have much of a future with us anymore. Sad.

This probably means we finally go after a LB (or 2) in the draft. Hopefully. Let's cross our fingers on that one.

In the mean time, I guess we'll see even more 3 safety sets now. Jones can do a decent job inside for us. I don't expect him to be as good as Goff was, but he'll soften the blow.

Don't really care about Kawika. He was great for us in 07, but that was 4 years and 2 ACLs ago. Let's temper expectations.
Old 09-07-2011, 12:14 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
so looks like we've signed Kawika, but they're saying he won't be ready for Sunday...so Greg Jones is penciled in at starting Mike...which I am EXTREMELY excited to see.
Me too! If he can get into beast mode than he never looks back and can be a rookie starter who can be an impact.
Old 09-07-2011, 12:17 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I liked Jones in college. So far he's looked good. But it's asking a lot of him to step in right away like this. There will be a learning curve.

And let's not forget, the guy still has physical limitations. So he won't be a savior. Just hopefully a guy who can come in and give us a little bit of what Goff gave us.
Old 09-07-2011, 12:26 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Or he can be our new AP. Undrafted guy who proves to be a leader and won't get old for a while. Let's see how he progresses.
Old 09-07-2011, 12:31 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Maybe.

He can also be a dud. All I'm saying is, let's temper expectations. I like the guy too, but I'm not gonna expect him to be a savior.

I hope Herzy can continue to get his athleticism back and give us something on the outside as well.
Old 09-07-2011, 12:33 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Maybe.

He can also be a dud. All I'm saying is, let's temper expectations. I like the guy too, but I'm not gonna expect him to be a savior.

I hope Herzy can continue to get his athleticism back and give us something on the outside as well.
Yes, so either way let's give him a chance and see him play.
Old 09-07-2011, 03:16 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like we worked out Chase today as well.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote