Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 06-01-2014, 08:25 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here is an interesting fact about the June 1 and free agency that I wasn't aware of.

Teams have been waiting until June 1 to sign free agents who were available on March 11, because those players no longer will impact the team's 2015 compensatory picks.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 11:38 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hill waived.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 11:47 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ohh will hill :/
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 11:57 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Such a dumb move. I understand he's not reliable but it's only weed.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 01:49 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think it's about the substance, GF. We brought him in knowing all his issues and have dealt with it before. I think it's just about the reliability. I agree with it. Every time I've talked about Will Hill it was that he should not be relied upon. It is just weed, but that's the NFL policy.

We needed to move on. He was taking up a roster spot that literally could end up giving you nothing all season. Better to get rid of him so we can find a more permanent solution and not have to rely on him coming back. Relying on a guy who may easily end up getting a season ban is a poor idea.

Reese has shown us in the past he's not above cutting guys who cannot be relied on. Like when he came in and cut Lavaar Arrington because his injuries made him unreliable, even though when he played he was pretty good at times. Maybe not as good as Hill, but nonetheless.
Old 06-02-2014, 02:08 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It was 6 games. He was one of the best defensive players we had. We hurt the team today I believe.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-02-2014, 02:48 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Especially if the NFL actually adapts their weed policies to be less idiotic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
We've already seen that your love is only capable of destroying.
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

So Randle is apparently railing Jerry Reese's daughter. Fun crowd.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-02-2014, 04:09 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree the policies are moronic, especially with the growing acceptance for legalization, and medicinal use, but it is what it is. 6 games is a huge chunk of games, and there is no guarantee he won't do it again.
Old 06-02-2014, 05:04 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Actually I like the waiving of Will Hill (though I would have preferred to trade him), but it does make sense.

Initially I was surprised, but the more I think about it, the more I like it.

This isn't the first or even second time with Hill, he knows what the deal is and had support available if he wanted it.

I think it is more about maintaining the right character in the locker room, that is important with Coughlin.

We can't rely on Hill to be available and we weren't going to extend him this year. Why not invest the time to develop some of the good youngsters we have.

Other teams may be happy to put talent over character, but that's not the Giants.

We have Brown healthy and he is a good player himself, plus Demps, Taylor and decent rookies in Berhe, Barnett and Gordon. Looking at it in hindsight, the fact we brought in three rookies despite a very solid group at safety indicates this wasn't unexpected.
Old 06-02-2014, 08:31 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/drops/2008/
http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/drops/2009/
http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/drops/2010/
http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/drops/2011/
http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/drops/2012/
http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/drops/2013/

Look at finley in each of these years. The only year where he had a significant drop rate was 2011. Otherwise his drops are very much average, meaning its not as big of an issue as its hyped up to be.

Not saying we should sign him still, just his previous play is definitely not indicative of having a drop problem.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 08:36 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
So Randle is apparently railing Jerry Reese's daughter. Fun crowd.
Welp...I guess I like the ODB pick more now...

And we had to cut Hill. If we kept him it would've been a terrible message to the locker room. We're rebuilding, we need to remove a lot of negative energy from the team and we can't do that by giving guys like Hill a million chances.

Watch him go to Seattle and be great, but hey, it is what it is. We had to let him go.
Old 06-02-2014, 08:54 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll be back once training camp comes around. Hopefully by then I'll be full time at my job and I can start logging back onto here.

How do you guys feel about this season? I see 8-8. I think our defense played over their heads last year, and Perry is gonna Perry and their production will come back down to their mean, which is probably top 15 at best in the league.

I think offensively we'll see improvement, but Eli still can't throw a screen pass to save his life, plus keep in mind theres always a buffer period when you install a new offense that will be bumpy for us. So I expect the offense to be pretty good in the second half of the season with growing pains in the first 8 games.

Also keep in mind we're relying on some rookies this year. Rookies take time to adapt as well. It has all the makings of a 3-5 start and a 5-3 finish or something like that.

I think Philly takes the division. We can potentially get to 10-6 with some breaks, and if everything goes right for us. But overall we lack the talent to be a legit title contender and I see our ceiling being that of a team that wins 1 playoff game. We just don't have it this year. It's a time of transition.

I think realistically if we go can get into the playoffs that alone is enough to call this upcoming season a successful season.

And that's what we need to keep the core group (or what's left of it) together. Bc no playoffs means a lot of changes. Which will be scary to think about.

Anyway, til next time fellas.
Old 06-02-2014, 09:00 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I can see anything from 6-10 to 10-6. Depends on how quick everyone picks up the offense and whether or not JPP wants to be good again.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-02-2014, 09:04 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I don't think it's really about effort with JPP. Back injuries are no joke man. He'll go as far as his back let's him.

Moore on the other hand...woof. He has all world potential with a 2 cent brain.

Oh and Randle....

..what a ******* idiot.
Old 06-02-2014, 09:18 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Did you see the pics in question with Randle? His daughter is exactly like him but with hair haha.

JPP is a bit lazy. Look at all the weight gain.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-02-2014, 09:22 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

The weight gain was because of his back injury though. You can't lift weights when you have those discs man. Trust me. I've been there.

Haha, yeah I mean come on Randle! You're a NFL player you can do so much better. Do you really have to **** your boss's daughter? Especially when you're trying to prove you belong as a starter?

It amazes me how incredibly stupid athletes are. They're just so ******* dumb. What an idiot.
Old 06-02-2014, 09:27 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Yup Randle is a dope.

Hill was well liked in the locker rom it sounds like. I would have liked just one more chance but I do understand.

“I realized how many times he saved our butts and how many times he came up big,” Amukamara said of Hill, the former Giants safety who was waived on Monday after being handed a third drug-related suspension in three seasons by the NFL. “It’s going to be a tough loss. Hopefully if he goes to a team, it’s not someone in the NFC East. He’s a guy you don’t want to face.”

“I just saw him with the trash bag right before we were going out to practice, so it shocked us,” Amukamara said. “He told us that he was gone, so it was tough.”

“I know the Giants are very huge on reputation and representing the organization well,” Amukamara said. “It was tough. I figured that was an option, to cut him from the team, but I didn’t think they would. I don’t think he missed a day in meetings or showing up to OTAs or practice. I didn’t see it coming, but I definitely saw it as a possibility.”

“It’s going to be tough to fill his shoes because he brought so much energy on special teams and on defense,” Amukamara said. “He’ll be a hard guy to replace.”

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-02-2014, 09:40 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I mean...I wish we could've kept him too. I wish he wasn't a dumbass.

But what can you do? It's a big loss but this move had to be made. We can't rely on him.

Just have to hope Stevie can step up this year. Safety is going to be such a huge need in 2015.
Old 06-02-2014, 09:41 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Did you see the pics in question with Randle? His daughter is exactly like him but with hair AND BOOBS haha.

JPP is a bit lazy. Look at all the weight gain.
Fixed it for you. Its just a picture, but it really is eluding toward a relationship with the hashtags.

As far as Will Hill, I understand why we did it and the position we were in really pressed our hand to just cut the ties. We can't nurture these men, they need to be held accountable and without legitimate repercussions, how will they learn?

I wish we were able to keep him, but there are other very talented players around that deserve opportunities that will be more responsible. His talent was obvious, and honestly I did envision him as a solid starter for awhile, but que sera sera.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 12:26 AM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I mean...I wish we could've kept him too. I wish he wasn't a dumbass.

But what can you do? It's a big loss but this move had to be made. We can't rely on him.

Just have to hope Stevie can step up this year. Safety is going to be such a huge need in 2015.
I think we are ok at safety.

We will likely use more three CB sets rather than three safety looks.

We have Demps and Brown in the mix to pair with Rolle and with Berhe, Taylor, Gordon and Barnett we have some good young guys to work with. I would not be surprised if one of the youngsters surprises.
Old 06-03-2014, 01:52 AM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

For what it is worth

from kffl.com

Free-agent TE Jermichael Finley (Packers) has no plans currently to work out for the New York Giants, but sources indicate that could change in the near future

Read more: http://kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz33YZ31FyG
Old 06-03-2014, 06:42 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I also read somewhere that Snee is railing coughlins daughter, too
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 07:52 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
I also read somewhere that Snee is railing coughlins daughter, too
That was at least before he was drafted by the Giants.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-03-2014, 07:59 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post
I think we are ok at safety.

We will likely use more three CB sets rather than three safety looks.

We have Demps and Brown in the mix to pair with Rolle and with Berhe, Taylor, Gordon and Barnett we have some good young guys to work with. I would not be surprised if one of the youngsters surprises.
How are we ok at safety? Both Rolle and Brown will be FAs in 2015. Our 2 starting safeties (one which is recovering from an ACL and we honestly have no idea how well he'll perform this year bc of it btw) could very well be off the team. And Rolle is old too.

Oh and all the players you mentioned behind them all suck ass.

So yeah, safety is a huge problem for the 2015/2016 season.