Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 09-09-2011, 01:01 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
@NYPost_Hubbuch Doesn't sound like Travis Beckum will play for #NYG on Sunday. Both hamstrings are bothering him.
We're doomed now!
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 01:05 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
We're doomed now!
This is actually a good thing. We really did flub the TE situation though.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 01:10 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was thinking the same thing. That's one less block he won't be able to not make this week.
Old 09-09-2011, 01:10 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Where are you? Your best bet might be a Buffalo Wild Wings or something like that.
South Carolina. I'm about a half hour out of Charlotte. I know there is a BWW in or near Charlotte but it's kind of a pain in the ass to get to from where I am.
Old 09-09-2011, 02:40 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I was thinking the same thing. That's one less block he won't be able to not make this week.
Yea, I feel much more comfortable with Hynoski and FB and Pascoe and Ballard lining up at the TE spots.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-09-2011, 02:49 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post

And I hate how we're treating the Redskins like a walk in the park, like we just have to show up and we'll win. That concerns me.
They're terrible. We beat them easily with half our starters on offense missing last year. And they've only gotten worse at QB.

Honestly, as long as we have Eli and a good offensive line, we should beat them.
Old 09-09-2011, 02:52 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Landry isn't playing for them either so that's a loss for them.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-09-2011, 02:54 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Landry isn't playing for them either so that's a loss for them.
Too bad.

Que Jacobs youtube video.
Old 09-09-2011, 03:19 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

If we don't win Sunday then it will be a very long year most likely. I'm already worried about the 6 game stretch where we play @Patriots, Eagles, @Saints, Packers, and @Cowboys. We also play the 49'ers in there but we still have to fly out to the west coast.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-09-2011, 03:21 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Too bad.

Que Jacobs youtube video.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-09-2011, 03:22 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
If we don't win Sunday then it will be a very long year most likely. I'm already worried about the 6 game stretch where we play @Patriots, Eagles, @Saints, Packers, and @Cowboys. We also play the 49'ers in there but we still have to fly out to the west coast.
With all injuries, I'll worry about those game then and see what our roster looks like when they come. I just want to start 2-0, and take it from there.
Old 09-09-2011, 03:26 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Haha. It never gets old. I just emailed it to a friend down here who is a Redskins fan. Email subject line: "Eat it".
Old 09-09-2011, 03:28 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

It looks like Jacobs was back to being that type of runner in the preseason so that's why I'm not to worried about the offense right now. Bradshaw and Jacobs behind our O-Line should help give Manning the time he needs to get acclimated to all the players that need to step up.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-09-2011, 04:30 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We should be able to just pound them into submission. I really hope we run it 70% of the time on Sunday.

I just don't see us doing that though. I'll still be shocked if we lose.

Can we just cut Beckum? That turd pisses me off. What a waste of a draft pick.

Our run game should be exponentially better this year. With Diehl at LG and Baas at Center, we significantly improved our oline. Plus Hyonski and Pascoe make for better run blockers in each of their positions as well.

We basically upgraded the run blocking to 4 positions. So I fully expect the run game to be dominant this year. Of course there's a give and take. Our passing attack is going to be mediocre.

ESPN broke down Eli on 3rd down last year and there were alarming numbers. Against 5 DBs, when Eli threw to Smith or Boss, his qb rating was roughly in the 90s.

When he threw against 5 DBs to either Nicks or Mario....his rating was in the 60s.

Think about that. That's scary. He lost his 2 safety valves and he's going to have to force feed it to Nicks and Mario. That statistic tells me that those 2 are consistently not in the right spots. And now we have no choice but to forcefeed it to them.

The passing attack is going to be ugly this year. I fully expect Eli to have a poor statistical season.
Old 09-09-2011, 04:45 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We should be able to just pound them into submission. I really hope we run it 70% of the time on Sunday.

Our run game should be exponentially better this year. With Diehl at LG and Baas at Center, we significantly improved our oline. Plus Hyonski and Pascoe make for better run blockers in each of their positions as well.

We basically upgraded the run blocking to 4 positions. So I fully expect the run game to be dominant this year. Of course there's a give and take. Our passing attack is going to be mediocre.

ESPN broke down Eli on 3rd down last year and there were alarming numbers. Against 5 DBs, when Eli threw to Smith or Boss, his qb rating was roughly in the 90s.

When he threw against 5 DBs to either Nicks or Mario....his rating was in the 60s.

Think about that. That's scary. He lost his 2 safety valves and he's going to have to force feed it to Nicks and Mario. That statistic tells me that those 2 are consistently not in the right spots. And now we have no choice but to forcefeed it to them.

The passing attack is going to be ugly this year. I fully expect Eli to have a poor statistical season.

He better not! I can't take the MB and offseason trolls if that were to happen. If we are going to be bad, then go for epic bad, so we can get Luck. Don't be avg bad, be the champion of bad.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 05:02 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I think Nicks will improve in his route choices this year. He's a pretty intelligent player who's had a couple injuries and lack of time in the system hold him back. Hopefully he stays healthy all year and becomes a dominant wide receiver in the NFL.
Old 09-09-2011, 07:04 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just read this article from Burress:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...headline_stack

Don't get me wrong, I love Coughlin, but he is so old school and I would love a youthful coaching staff to liven up this team. We need more life in this team, that's one thing that I noticed has really been missing since our SuperBowl run. Maybe the reason some of our guys don't resign is the fact that Coughlin really knows how to be an asshole. Not to mention Killdrive needs to go, this crazy offense that requires players to have a PhD isn't working, maybe we should simplify a bit and let Eli run the offense more. If we miss the playoffs this year I would have no problem getting rid of those two and keeping Perry only.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 03:24 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's nothing wrong with Coughlin, I like how he manages the team. I just have a problem with his assistants, and his refusal to overrule them. He's too loyal to his assistants.

The team plays hard for him, they respond to him. Plax is just a turd. It's so obvious he hasn't changed. Everyone can see it. He has no remorse or accountability at all. He's the same old Plax.
Old 09-10-2011, 03:49 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

We called up Trattou to the active roster and IR'ed Goff which leads me to believe we will be playing without Tuck tomorrow.

I don't know if it's all the injuries or the lockout or what but this is the least excited I've been in 10 years for a Giants season. It's disappointing.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-10-2011, 05:16 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd much rather have Kiwi playing DE then LB, no offense to him but he's an liability in coverage. He's at his best when his hand is in the dirt and he's rushing the passer, we need more of that. This move will allow us to upgrade our LB position vs coverage (where we'll need it most vs the redskins) and rest Tuck so he doesn't have to miss an extended amount of time.

I don't know who we'd start at LB, but i hope that we go with Paysinger just because Herzlich doesn't seem like he's 100% yet and Jacquain Williams isn't as apt in coverage although he offers a lot more as a rushbacker. Kawika prob is a possibility but two ACL's? yeah... not good (why the hell aren't we looking at Lofa Tatupu?)

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 05:16 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
We called up Trattou to the active roster and IR'ed Goff which leads me to believe we will be playing without Tuck tomorrow.

I don't know if it's all the injuries or the lockout or what but this is the least excited I've been in 10 years for a Giants season. It's disappointing.
As crazy as it sounds, we have em right where we want em.

I'm superstitious, so i'm not gonna really make any predictions or go into this season with any expectations. Let's just see how it plays out.
Old 09-10-2011, 05:18 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Kawika isn't on the team yet.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-10-2011, 05:24 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 05:25 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I'm sorry to do this also because I tried to get over it but how the hell did our doctors screw up the Smith thing so bad???????

He's playing tomorrow and we said he wouldn't be back until at least Week 6 or 7? I mean that's seriously a terrible terrible job on our part. When he scores his 1st TD I don't know what I'll do.

At least maybe we can take Sanu. 13 catches for 199 yds and an incredible TD catch today. You're spot on with the Nicks comparison BBD.

sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by Giantsfan1080 : 09-10-2011 at 05:28 PM.
Old 09-10-2011, 05:32 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
I'm sorry to do this also because I tried to get over it but how the hell did our doctors screw up the Smith thing so bad???????

He's playing tomorrow and we said he wouldn't be back until at least Week 6 or 7? I mean that's seriously a terrible terrible job on our part. When he scores his 1st TD I don't know what I'll do.

At least maybe we can take Sanu. 13 catches for 199 yds and an incredible TD catch today. You're spot on with the Nicks comparison BBD.
I want Sanu. Bad. Unless a stud MIKE is on the board, I want Sanu. He's a carbon copy to Nicks.

The only WR I've seen so far that I like more than Sanu (to be fair I haven't seen them all yet) is Blackmon. Sanu is a beast.

And don't get me started on Smith. I don't care what anyone says, heads should roll for this Smith fiasco.