Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 06-03-2014, 09:10 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And Brown who I do like might have been very lucky 2 years ago. Damn Will Hill you freaking idiot.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 09:19 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah Brown wasn't as good as people think. Even in his career year he made a lot of mistakes.

I'd like to see us use a lot of 4-3 Under schemes with Ayers lined up at 5 tech and JPP in the 9 on the weakside on base formations and have JPP and Moore wide 9 on nickel up front this year with a lot of press man behind them so we don't rely on our safeties in Cover 2 so much...

...but Perry gonna Perry. We just have to pray.

I wonder if we use Ayers in at 3 tech in our nickel package?
Old 06-03-2014, 09:24 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let's wait to see if he even makes the team yet. Wouldn't surprise me if he didn't.

On edit: Nevermnd I just looked over the roster and unless he shows absolutely nothing he should be on the 53.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-03-2014, 09:35 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah we're so thin at DE he's pretty much a lock to make the team.

God we have so many needs. This team needs another 2 years minimum to become complete on paper.
Old 06-03-2014, 06:24 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Yeah we're so thin at DE he's pretty much a lock to make the team.

God we have so many needs. This team needs another 2 years minimum to become complete on paper.
We do have holes that need to be filled, but I don't think things are quite as dire as you suggest.

We have good depth at most positions, usually with a mix of experience and youth. Sure we may not have studs at many spots, but the plan is to get everyone together and compete. Whoever gets on the field can likely do a solid job.

I think we can be competitive this season.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 06:31 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It looks like we have signed undrafted free agent safety Kyle Sebetic, Dayton to fill the roster spot vacated by Hill.

Quote:
per Art Stapletons twitter page;
"Giants signed FS Kyle Sebetic today. He's an UDFA out of Dayton to fill the roster spot vacated by Will Hill's departure. #NYG"
Looks like we brought him and worked him out early last most earlier. He was at the Bears minicamp

Here is a link on the kid
http://www.kenoshanews.com/sports/ch...477082522.html

Last edited by Big_Pete : 06-03-2014 at 06:36 PM. Reason: added a link
Old 06-03-2014, 09:14 PM    (permalink
Mel Pipeher
Rookie

Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.

Safety could be a problem for us. I wonder if we'll try one of our CBs back there.
Mel Pipeher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 09:18 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel Pipeher View Post
Safety could be a problem for us. I wonder if we'll try one of our CBs back there.
We have plenty of CB options for sure.
Old 06-03-2014, 09:49 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I agree the policies are moronic, especially with the growing acceptance for legalization, and medicinal use, but it is what it is. 6 games is a huge chunk of games, and there is no guarantee he won't do it again.
There's also no guarantee that it won't be fine with the NFL by the next time Will Hill failed a drug test for weed. I'd have held onto him cause he's such a great player when he's out there and we're hitting the turnover days where seeing your Will Hills and Josh Gordon's facing massive suspensions will pass into the realm of history. And sucks to give up a great talent just cause we didn't want to wait just a little bit longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
We've already seen that your love is only capable of destroying.
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 09:54 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah Brown wasn't as good as people think. Even in his career year he made a lot of mistakes.

I'd like to see us use a lot of 4-3 Under schemes with Ayers lined up at 5 tech and JPP in the 9 on the weakside on base formations and have JPP and Moore wide 9 on nickel up front this year with a lot of press man behind them so we don't rely on our safeties in Cover 2 so much...

If JPP is JPP again and Moore gets his **** together that'd be great...if...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
We've already seen that your love is only capable of destroying.
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 11:11 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf (Rosebud) View Post
There's also no guarantee that it won't be fine with the NFL by the next time Will Hill failed a drug test for weed. I'd have held onto him cause he's such a great player when he's out there and we're hitting the turnover days where seeing your Will Hills and Josh Gordon's facing massive suspensions will pass into the realm of history. And sucks to give up a great talent just cause we didn't want to wait just a little bit longer.
Perhaps, but at the moment it is both illegal and unacceptable in the NFL. They are the rules/law and it is pretty clear. There is a code of conduct that every player is expected to follow.

The Giants (and the NFL) have given him plenty of support to help make changes so that these are no longer an issue. But Will Hill continued to be involved in activities that he knew were unacceptable despite being warned not once, not twice but three times that he needed to make changes.

Will Hill is an adult and it is ultimately his responsibility for what happened

I can understand someone slipping up once or so and then turning things around but he hasn't. Hill has become a liability and unreliable, I completely understand where the Giants are coming from here, there needs to be discipline and accountability for what players do and do not do.

I really find it ridiculous that there is the attitude that because Hill is a good player that breaking the NFL code of conduct is ok because while the players actions are illegal, they really aren't all that bad...

It is a privilege to play in the NFL and there can be substantial rewards. It also takes more than talent to play in the NFL.
Old 06-03-2014, 11:19 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:

I would like to see those kind of elements used. I think JPP could also play the 5 tech if he wanted to and I think Moore is a good fit as a wide 9. It wouldn't be too dissimilar to some of Seattle's schemes. I think we could use JPP a little like the way Seattle uses Michael Bennett.

I think our secondary will be ok. Fewell is good at using DBs as the focus of his defense.

After all our secondary was ok last year, despite relying on three CBs who are no longer on an NFL roster. We have done ok with developing guys like Will Hill and Stevie Brown who weren't premium talents, we just need the next guy to emerge.

I wonder if it is worth reaching out to Terrell Thomas as a possible safety option?
Old 06-04-2014, 09:20 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The clock is stopped on Justin Blackmon's contract while he's suspended.

It's one of the many reasons the Jaguars would be silly to cut Blackmon even though he's violated the league's substance abuse policy three times. He's not taking up a roster spot, they don't have to pay his salary

The Justin Blackmon situation is quite similar to the Will Hill. If one rebuilding team can keep a talented troubled player, why can't we?
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 09:25 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Because the message was clearly sent already. They said one more strike and you're out. And he messed up. He had to go.

What if your boss told one of your coworkers who constantly screwed up that if he comes late to work one more time he's out (while railing the rest of you for tardiness if you ever did it) then he comes late again and he just ignores it?

Terrible message. He loses credibility.

When the ultimatum is made, you have to stick to it. You lose all credibility if you don't.

They had to cut him.
Old 06-04-2014, 09:27 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What is the point of the ultimatum? Giving those backs you into a corner, and now because of it we had to cut Hill.

Discipline them yes, but black and white policies like this are archaic.
Old 06-04-2014, 09:31 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

It's how the Mara's run everything. It sucks but it's how the Giants roll.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-04-2014, 09:58 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Black and white policies aren't archaic. You need them to properly manage an organization. You can't have grey spaces when it comes to rules and regulations.

No offense to the Jaguars, but I'm not exactly upset that our team uses a different model of management than the Jacksonville Jaguars.
Old 06-04-2014, 10:14 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

And the 49ers with Aldon Smith?
Old 06-04-2014, 10:19 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I don't think it's any secret we're run differently than pretty much every other team Damix.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-04-2014, 10:20 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Let's be real, as much as we love Will Hill, he's no Aldon Smith.
Old 06-04-2014, 10:33 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I don't think it's any secret we're run differently than pretty much every other team Damix.

I'm aware, I'm saying that like changing coaches and GMs sometimes, we need to start changing our policies as well.
Old 06-04-2014, 10:35 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I mean...we gave the dude a ton of chances. It's not like we kicked him to the curb after 1 strike. He had plenty of opportunities to get it together and he didn't.

I don't think the Giants are wrong here.
Old 06-04-2014, 10:46 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He also came into the league with a few strikes against him which was why he was never drafted in the first place.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 12:16 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

David Wilson not cleared for contact :(

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 12:23 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

He's done. He's not coming back. He'll get cut in training camp.