Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 06-04-2014, 11:48 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He'll be fine by camp. They're just being extra cautious.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 12:13 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know you can't control or plan for injuries, but that David Wilson pick is starting to look like a bust. Never take a RB in the 1st round. That whole 2012 draft could be garbage if guys like Randle and Robinson don't step up this season.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 01:03 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really don't think it can be perceived as anything, they could be being cautious or they could just not think he is capable of playing again. I still doubt that they'd clear him for OTA's and let him participate if they didn't think he was eventually capable of playing again.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 02:41 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jayron Hosley suspended 4 games for drugs.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-04-2014, 02:42 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jayron Hosely has been suspended for 4 games for breach of the substance abuse policy
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 02:44 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Jayron Hosley suspended 4 games for drugs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post
Jayron Hosely has been suspended for 4 games for breach of the substance abuse policy
2012 Draft Class continues to shine today

Old 06-04-2014, 03:08 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is probably the end of this line for Hosely

He had his chances but is likely on the outer

he is competing with Bowman, McBride, James, Bennett, Howard and Weaver for likely three roster spots.
I cant see him making the roster now.
Old 06-04-2014, 03:27 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We passed on Boykins for Hoseley. Awesome.
Old 06-04-2014, 04:50 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
We passed on Boykins for Hoseley. Awesome.
I liked Boykin coming out of college, I wasn't a fan of Hosley at that pick, but was willing to be proven wrong.
Old 06-04-2014, 04:53 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
Really don't think it can be perceived as anything, they could be being cautious or they could just not think he is capable of playing again. I still doubt that they'd clear him for OTA's and let him participate if they didn't think he was eventually capable of playing again.
If Wilson isn't cleared for contact, when will it happen?

Training camp is not that far away and at this stage even if he gets cleared, he will be limited with the contact drills as he gets eased into things.

I guess the plus side he is getting non-contact drills, so he is learning the new scheme, what McAdoo and Johnson expect from the RBs etc.

I think it is very likely Wilson starts the season on PUP, which considering his situation isn't necessarily a bad thing.
Old 06-04-2014, 08:23 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought Hosley could've been a pretty good NB. I wouldn't rule him out to make it. Why cut him now (argument many made for Hill)? Any of our corners (or DB's) go down we could use him on ST's.

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-04-2014, 09:36 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
I thought Hosley could've been a pretty good NB. I wouldn't rule him out to make it. Why cut him now (argument many made for Hill)? Any of our corners (or DB's) go down we could use him on ST's.
We have Thurmond as the nickel back at the moment, plus we have McBride and James who flashed ability and Bowman who is good on special teams.

He are going to miss at least four games at least, I guess we have the option of activating him for game 5.

I don't think Hosley has shown that much and is off contract after this season.

I guess the question is how effective will he be in camp? are we better off developing someone else? I don't put Hosley in the same class as Hill who was a perennial offender, I do think he deserves a chance to rebound.

I just think he has an uphill battle
Old 06-04-2014, 09:40 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Here is some comments from Giants about David Wilson

Quote:
The Giants announced that Wilson underwent a CAT scan on Wednesday to gauge the progress on his surgically-repaired neck. However, although Wilson was not cleared for contact, the team said the exam “revealed he is progressing to where that could occur next month.”

“There has been significant progress and healing since David had the fusion,” said Dr. Russell Warren, the Giants’ team physician. “But the reality is it has only been four and one-half months since the surgery. We anticipate that when David is re-evaluated at the start of training camp he will be cleared at that point.”

“Everything I got this morning was good news – there was nothing bad or negative,” Wilson said. “I’m very pleased and very blessed for my healing process to continue.”

Wilson suffered a herniated disc in his neck against the Philadelphia Eagles on October 6, 2013 and missed the rest of the season. On January 16, 2014, he underwent spinal fusion surgery.

“I sat down today and (the doctor) showed me the X-rays and the CAT scan and my surgery has been successful,” Wilson said. “We’re just waiting for the bone to heal strong enough for contact. The doctors will know when that point is. I feel perfectly fine.”

Wilson has been working in a limited capacity during the team’s offseason program.

“When the defense is on the field, that’s the only time I’m not participating,” said Wilson. “I can do anything and everything that’s asked of me at this point. I’m removed when it’s defense vs. offense so as not to have an accident. I’m catching passes, taking handoffs from the quarterbacks and getting reps with the offense without the defense.

“There’s no need to have contact (now). We want to wait until it’s fused all the way, but there’s no need to have unnecessary contact at an unnecessary point in the season. We don’t have full contact in OTAs, anyway. We don’t have pads on. Any contact that happens in the OTAs is accidental and wasn’t meant to happen. There’s no need for me to go out there and have an accident that takes us backward when we’ve come so far and my surgery went well and I’m making such good progress. There’s no need for me to go out there and have an accident. We’re just working hard and I’m learning the playbook. As long as I’m getting my mental reps, I think the coaches believe in my athletic ability to take over after that and I’ll be just fine.”

Wilson believe he will be able to return to full practice when summer training camp begins on July 21.

“That’s what I believe,” Wilson said. “As I’ve been telling everybody, I feel fine. I’ve been able to work out. (The doctor) this morning gave the go-ahead to do more in the weight room and be more active in the weight room and be more active in OTAs. Everything I heard today was excellent.”

info from bbi

Last edited by Big_Pete : 06-04-2014 at 09:42 PM.
Old 06-04-2014, 10:43 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

That was what I was thinking was the reasoning that he wouldn't be allowed to participate in full. Why risk it? I don't doubt that he needs more time to recover, but I don't think they'd give the kid false hope if they were able to see that it wouldn't ever be able to sustain contact.

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-05-2014, 06:03 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Beckham tweaked his hammy

This week blows

Old 06-05-2014, 07:40 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

I am not too worried about Beckham, these things happen.

He has looked promising so far.
Old 06-05-2014, 07:42 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Looked promising where?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-05-2014, 08:47 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Cooper Taylor has been getting some reps with the first team (paired with Rolle) while Brown is rested.

He is a bigger, now 6-4, 232 and is fully healthy (last year he had hamstring and shoulder issues)

It will be interesting to see how he goes this year.
Old 06-05-2014, 08:54 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

That's nothing. It's non contact OTA's.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-05-2014, 11:36 PM    (permalink
Mel Pipeher
Rookie

Mel Pipeher hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Tom Crabtree TE coming for a Workout next week.

We must not be happy with the current TEs.. That's shocking.
Mel Pipeher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 12:02 AM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel Pipeher View Post
Tom Crabtree TE coming for a Workout next week.

We must not be happy with the current TEs.. That's shocking.
I was about to post it, here is an article

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...giants_15.html

He is reportedly a good blocker and is listed at 6'4, 245lb

He played with the Packers from 2009-2012, so he knows McAdoo well and has 22 receptions for 323 yards (14.7 average), 5 TDs. In 2012 he did have a 72yd TD pass.

He signed with Tampa in 2013 and won the starting job out of training camp, but had injuries last season. If healthy this guy is a solid pick up.

I still think we should look at Housler.
Old 06-06-2014, 08:27 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well we learned from prior drafts. I think that's why we stayed conservative this draft and drafted team captains. Now that makes sense. Get guys who are good character guys so that they don't get into trouble AND have the maturity to work hard and come in since the draft is later.

Let's see how Reese and Ross did
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 08:28 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still don't get why we didn't go after Quarles when we had the chance. It was such a no brainer signing to me. He wouldve been cheap and address a need, plus if one of our younger TEs outperformed him you wouldn't be forced to start Quarles because he was getting paid backup money on the open market anyway.

It just made no sense not to go after him. I still have faith in our young TEs though. There's still plenty of time.
Old 06-06-2014, 08:33 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

AR is showing stuff. He has got my attention with moving around, and running slants and TE screens.

I waited so long for a system like this. I was so tired of drop by wait 128391 hours for the skill players to run their adjustment. Eli then throws, only for the WR to run some other route.

Finally You run your route you're supposed to run. I think that will help AR.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 08:38 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

This means Eli is going to have to be more accurate though. I hope they're doing a lot of drills with Eli on setting his feet and working on his mechanics. I always felt that Eli doesn't stress mechanics work as much as a guy like Brady.

Brady is obsessed with his mechanics. He trains and practices on his mechanics during the offseason like he was Tim Tebow and had to learn from scratch. It's impressive. It's why he's so accurate.

I feel like Eli needs to work on his mechanics the same way.