Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 09-12-2011, 01:04 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the only chance we have at salvaging our passing attack this year is if Ramses Barden comes back and tears it up. If not, we're done for.

Bc nobody else looks like they're worth a damn right now.
Old 09-12-2011, 01:06 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

HE'S ALIVE!

and we needed to run the ball more. 4 of our 5 OL are known as run blockers. We have 2 starting calibur RB's. POUND THE ROCK DOWN THEIR ******* THROATS. and that will set up playaction, which is Eli's favorite. And playfakes can help Mario get by the defenses with his speed on go routes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 01:07 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I think the only chance we have at salvaging our passing attack this year is if Ramses Barden comes back and tears it up. If not, we're done for.

Bc nobody else looks like they're worth a damn right now.
Ballard actually had some nice plays. But I think that was a fluke more than anything. You can see he looks uncomfortable and his route running is poor.
Jughead10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 01:10 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think my "favorite" part of the game was when we only rushed 3 on a crucial 3rd and long in the 3rd quarter and the secondary was still playing about 10 yards off. This is after Coughlin comes out after the half and said the #1 priority was to get more pressuse on Grossman.

You'd think we would have blitzed more often to cover up the fact that our D-Line had a rookie UDFA playing a ton of snaps.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 01:15 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Ballard actually had some nice plays. But I think that was a fluke more than anything. You can see he looks uncomfortable and his route running is poor.
If you thought Boss was slow, Ballard makes him look like Deion Sanders.

Luckily for Ballard, the Skins did not respect him at all and left him 1 on 1 with 50 year old London Fletcher the entire game, or a DE who dropped in coverage.

That was a fluke. We should pick up Donald Lee and hope he can give us something.

Like Scotty said, and like I was saying before the game, we should have pounded the rock all game. Instead we think we're the Packers.

Hopefully next week is another week. I need to get this bad taste out of my mouth.
Old 09-12-2011, 01:16 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I think my "favorite" part of the game was when we only rushed 3 on a crucial 3rd and long in the 3rd quarter and the secondary was still playing about 10 yards off. This is after Coughlin comes out after the half and said the #1 priority was to get more pressuse on Grossman.

You'd think we would have blitzed more often to cover up the fact that our D-Line had a rookie UDFA playing a ton of snaps.
i literally screamed and called that during the play. just ask my roommate. i yelled WHY THE **** ARE WE RUSHING 3 WITH OUR TOP 2 DE'S OUT?
actually, i think my neighbors heard me too come to think of it...
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 09-12-2011, 01:24 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

also, here's my "I'm bored and really dont wanna go to class in 20 minutes and completely over-reacting and getting ahead of myself" breakdown of the possible outcomes and reactions to next weeks game:

Giants come out, look sharp, dominate the Rams on national TV
Reaction: Redskins game was a fluke and the Redskins are a better team this year than in the past. Giants came out and beat up on a team they should have and the offense is looking more comfortable out there.

Giants look sloppy, eek out a win against the Rams
-Giants are just not a good team, they'll win some games and be a mediocre middle of the pack team all year. Beat an injured and less talented Rams team.

Giants lose to the Rams
-Giants suck. Cut everyone. Shut down everything. Bottom 5 team in league.
Quote:
Old 09-12-2011, 01:28 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Hey at least JPP is a beast right guys?

:(
Old 09-12-2011, 01:31 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I think the lesson we can learn from this season is we grossly overrated our WR core.

We thought we had a good WR core, but we really don't. We had 2 very good WRs in Nicks and Smith, and a bunch of mediocre ones. Once we lost Smith, the rest of the pieces exposed their mediocrity.
Old 09-12-2011, 01:42 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think the lesson we can learn from this season is we grossly overrated our WR core.

We thought we had a good WR core, but we really don't. We had 2 very good WRs in Nicks and Smith, and a bunch of mediocre ones. Once we lost Smith, the rest of the pieces exposed their mediocrity.
From all our reaction to Smith leaving, I don't think anyone really overrated it too much.

How did Hixon play yesterday?
Jughead10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well the three we had last year were perfect compliments. I don't think you find that in the NFL that often that 3 different WR's all bring different skill sets to the table and do it well.

JPP and Joseph were the only players I took out of yesterday that had me encouraged.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-12-2011, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
From all our reaction to Smith leaving, I don't think anyone really overrated it too much.

Invisible.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-12-2011, 01:45 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:

Hixon was a JAG. I think Eli didn't complete a single pass to a WR not named Nicks or Mario until garbage time when the game was already decided.

That's how bad the situation is right now. And to make matters worse, we don't have a RB to check down to, or a TE worth a lick to act as a security blanket.

Hixon looked good on special teams though.
Old 09-12-2011, 01:54 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I think letting Hagan walk is proving to be a costly mistake. Say what you want about the guy, but Hagan made plays for us, and he was a reliable checkdown that Eli trusted.

How different would our passing attack be if we had Hagan? I think we'd have a much more successful passing game with him out there.

I'm off the Cruz bandwagon. He was a fluke. Jernigan is Sinorice Moss part 2. Barden is always hurt and won't be ready for us by week 6, and quite frankly, the way we're playing, the season might be over by then. Hixon is a JAG.

We're in trouble. I see no quick fix to this. We're kind of screwed.
Old 09-12-2011, 02:00 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Burress looking great last night felt like a punch to the gut too.

Let's get Moss dammit. Tired of this ****.
Old 09-12-2011, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

**** Burress. I hope he shoots himself again. What a **** of a human.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-12-2011, 02:10 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Btw Reese, thanks for letting Cotchery slip through our hands.

Good one.
Old 09-12-2011, 02:45 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

So Nicks' knee has swollen up today....

I guess we're in the Suck for Luck sweepstakes.
Old 09-12-2011, 02:53 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So Nicks' knee has swollen up today....

I guess we're in the Suck for Luck sweepstakes.

Yeah, logged on to report the same thing. Not good at all. We won't be 1st overall pick-bad, but we will suck badly if we miss Nicks for an extended period of time on top of everything else.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 02:55 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

If we're not gonna make the playoffs, I wouldn't mind sucking hard instead. It's time for a change anyway, get a new coaching staff in here, keep Reese, keep the 4-3 alignment on defense, keep Eli of course, and just start fresh.

We don't need many changes, but I think it's time we start fresh. Look for a stud WR or TE in the draft and go from there. We probably can get better value going stud WR in the 1st and LB in the 2nd if we have a top 8 pick.
Old 09-12-2011, 03:01 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

MikeGarafolo Mike Garafolo
Source concurs Nicks is fine. "Bone bruise at worst." #nyg
Old 09-12-2011, 03:03 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If we're not gonna make the playoffs, I wouldn't mind sucking hard instead. It's time for a change anyway, get a new coaching staff in here, keep Reese, keep the 4-3 alignment on defense, keep Eli of course, and just start fresh.

We don't need many changes, but I think it's time we start fresh. Look for a stud WR or TE in the draft and go from there. We probably can get better value going stud WR in the 1st and LB in the 2nd if we have a top 8 pick.
Totally agree with you, but i'm not sure if they let Reese stay if we have a total failure of a season. It would be a crime to fire him, because a lot of this is not his fault at all.

I hope in that case, that they would let Reese stay and pick his own coaching staff, a staff that knows how to use the talent he drafts every year.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 03:03 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Still want Sanu lol.
Old 09-12-2011, 03:05 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlueNorwegian View Post
Totally agree with you, but i'm not sure if they let Reese stay if we have a total failure of a season. It would be a crime to fire him, because a lot of this is not his fault at all.

I hope in that case, that they would let Reese stay and pick his own coaching staff, a staff that knows how to use the talent he drafts every year.
I would hope so too. Reese is one of the best GMs in the business, I wouldn't let him go.

I really want a defensive minded HC. We need an aggressive 4-3 guy as our next HC. That alone would solve so many problems on our team. Our defense would finally be utilized properly, and a defensive coach would be more conservative on offense, and give Eli more freedom to run things.

Plus I'm hoping it would mean we'd have a simpler offensive scheme in place as well, which would also do wonders.

It's really time for a change. I like Coughlin, he's a good coach, but we need a fresh start. We need to find the next Spagnuolo.
Old 09-12-2011, 03:50 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I feel like he hasn't been posting as much lately so I'm sure he'll chime in sooner rather than later.
I lol'd

Quote:
Well I thought Tuck would be out also but regardless I don't know why you bother with that fool.
Part boredom, part I'm having fun with him, helps vent some of the frustration from the loss and injuries, part trying to get myself into the season more since I've been the least sports interested this summer than I've been yet in my life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Even with Tuck in there, the Redskins win and Grossman looks efficient.

The Giants' secondary sucks and will suck for probably the entire season, and Eli willl subsequently look poor for the entire season as well.
Speculation stated as fact!

Observations from a small sample season assumed to expand directly over a larger sample size AND speculation stated as fact!

Reference to previous years, tangential diatribe about our offensive system! Reference to obscure fact followed by speculation stated as fact. Cliched "need time to gel" comment followed up by patronizing remark.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote