Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 09-14-2011, 11:09 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Tuck is limited at practice today. Nicks and Osi are a no go.
Was Tuck even limited towards the end of last week?
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 11:10 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Was Tuck even limited towards the end of last week?
I believe he practiced Friday on a limited basis.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 11:16 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I believe he practiced Friday on a limited basis.
At least we have an extra day.
Old 09-14-2011, 11:24 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I fully expect him to be out there this Monday. Osi should be back against the Eagles.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-14-2011, 11:38 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Yeah I fully expect him to be out there this Monday. Osi should be back against the Eagles.
That would be sexy. Even on the most limited basis. If only really needs to play 15-20 plays.
Old 09-14-2011, 11:40 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
That would be sexy. Even on the most limited basis. If only really needs to play 15-20 plays.
Osi should get 15-20 plays?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-14-2011, 11:43 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Osi should get 15-20 plays?
If that. I really wouldn't want to rush him back into it before he is ready. We only really need him on pure passing down and distance. That is if Tuck and JPP are healthy.
Old 09-14-2011, 11:49 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
If that. I really wouldn't want to rush him back into it before he is ready. We only really need him on pure passing down and distance. That is if Tuck and JPP are healthy.
Oh I agree. I just wasn't sure who you were referring to. He can set the edge on Vick scrambles as well.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-14-2011, 12:33 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

JPP is just so sexy. He already looks studly coming off the edge in his second year. I can only imagine after he refines his technique and adds some more moves to his repertoire how deadly he could be.

Did anyone notice how he played the run? I was focused more on Linval on running plays and didn't see how JPP handled the run.
Old 09-14-2011, 12:43 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

He was fine against the run. Prince is out of his walking boot.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-14-2011, 01:19 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He was fine against the run. Prince is out of his walking boot.
Woohoo! I'm really excited to see him play. I loved him as a player on the field, but off the field I love the guy too. Scott and Shane talked to him on their podcast a while back and he just sounds like a super intelligent guy. I'm excited to see him get on the field in the near future.
Old 09-14-2011, 05:09 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

we signed brandon stokley... i dont know how I feel about this
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 06:27 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
I think it's positive. Stokley's a veteran reciever that can handle the slot duties and I think(hope) he can use his experience to be a reliable third down target for Eli.

But it probably means that the front office didn't believe that Hixon/cruz can handle those duties anymore, so that is essentially like saying they were wrong. Something we suspected/knew all along. so shame on them for trying to fix it now, and not have the foresight to resign Smith or sign Cotchery or any other slot WR in august.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 10:59 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
He's too white for my liking.
Old 09-15-2011, 10:41 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like it. A solid veteran WR who probably can play Z but will stick to Y. So basically have him learn only the inside WR routes, and master that in this system. If he understands it then he can perhaps teach the younger guys.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 10:58 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

[quote=bigbluedefense;2676183]I was crushed when Fox didn't take the year off and signed with Denver. I was really hoping he'd come back home and be our next HC.

I don't want Jeff Fischer either. Although I do like Fischer's style. He's just too average of a coach though.

I think he was average because his owner never supported the team financially where he could go out after FA's to fill in around his needs.
He's be a 1st class HC with the Giants.
Old 09-15-2011, 03:34 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
I think he was average because his owner never supported the team financially where he could go out after FA's to fill in around his needs.
He's be a 1st class HC with the Giants.
I don't buy that, Tennessee spent plenty of money at the start of the century, in fact they were one of the teams who got themselves in such bad cap hell that they had to cut some starters before one season just to get under the cap.

PS Please learn how to quote people without cutting off the [/quote], thanks.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 03:44 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone else going the game Monday night? Place better be rocking for the home opener. The last few times I've been to a Giant's game it took signs on the jumbo screen and Tuck waving his arms up and down to get the crowd to make any noise, which is sad.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 04:41 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I'll be there. Crowd is usually better for late night games because most of the older Giants fans don't go. There is definitely a schism between younger and older fans.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-15-2011, 05:08 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Fewell said we'll probably run about 50/50 zone/man this year. Should I just get ready for the heartbreak now?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-15-2011, 05:28 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Fewell said we'll probably run about 50/50 zone/man this year. Should I just get ready for the heartbreak now?
yes! If we can't do both well, then yes, but buy chocolate so you will feel better.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 07:21 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The signing of Brandon Stokely is a clear admission by upper management that they screwed up this slot WR situation. What they should have done was sign Cotchery when they had the chance, but instead, we're stuck in a real tough situation.

Stokely can't really provide anything for us right away. It's not an easy system to pick up. Even Gilbride doesn't endorse the move. He keeps talking about how we miss Steve Smith.

We just have to hope and pray that our run game picks up and carries us until Barden can come back, then hope and pray that Barden can stay healthy and is in fact the 3rd WR we've been looking for.

If not, then the season is basically over. Bc you can't pull a slot WR out of your ass. Especially when the slot is hands down the most important position in the run n shoot offense.
Old 09-16-2011, 07:42 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i actually really like Stokley. A scrappy white slot guy is just what we needed.
and srsly Fewell, 50/50? are you drunk?
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 09-16-2011, 09:02 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
i actually really like Stokley. A scrappy white slot guy is just what we needed.
and srsly Fewell, 50/50? are you drunk?
He said most of the TD's we gave up last week were on man. I'd venture to say out all the big plays we gave up 80% of them were from the zone defense. It basically sounds like Fewell is adamant about his system working and he won't recognize that Webster and Ross are mostly better in man coverage.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-16-2011, 09:07 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

fewell is a fool then
see what I did there?

also, if he's still on the team by week 7, maybe I'll get a Stokley jersey
Quote: