Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 09-22-2011, 05:01 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I just found it amusing how much coverage it was getting.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 05:22 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
So do you guys think Nnamdi will be covering Nicks? Or will it be Asante?
If you guys are going to shadow Nicks I'd have to assume it'd be Aso since he's a better corner than Asante.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 01:19 AM    (permalink
igglefanz
Rookie

igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What is the status on Osi and Mario are they still up in the air or out for the game?
igglefanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 08:30 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Osi is out, Mario is probably out.

With our injuries at WR, I expect us to use Beckum a lot this Sunday if he's healthy enough to play. They'll probably split him out wide for most of the game.
Old 09-23-2011, 10:21 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Went back and watched the Rams game again last night. It's funny how your initial perceptions of games can be so wrong when you go back and watch them again.

Fewell did blitz a lot more than I originally thought. Coverage was horrible at times, good at times. Sam made some incredible throws. Ross looked great at times, and horrible at times.

The middle of the field is wide open. I've been saying it for more than a year now, the key to beating the Giants in the pass game is the skinny post up the middle of the field. It's wide open every single time.

And it still is. Until we get a dominant pass coverage LB, it will always be open. Just wait until we play a Saints or a Packers type team that will expose that and embarass us.

The front 4 has been on fire for 2 games now. The back 7...not so much.
Old 09-23-2011, 10:38 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought Boley had his best game as a Giant last week. How did he look on the re-watch?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-23-2011, 10:45 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Boley looked great. It was Jones and Kiwi who looked stiff in coverage. Those 2 were predominately covering the middle of the field.

And there's this gap between the safeties and linebackers that's just massive. Makes me wonder if we need safeties too. Realistically it's the MIKE. We need a MIKE who can cover the deep middle and a SAM who can clean up underneath.

I know injuries have crippled what we can do defensively, but this has been an issue even before injuries. We need linebackers. Bad.
Old 09-23-2011, 11:00 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Well that's good to hear then. Boley can help clean up the other LB's game if he can step up like that most of the time. I was never a fan of Kiwi to LB and I don't think he ever becomes more than average there. He's just a million times better in both the run and pass when he put his hand in the ground. Maybe as the season goes on some of the rookie LB's can step up and we can throw Kiwi back on the Dline even though that's extremely doubtful. We're asking way to much of Jones so it's not a surprise that he's going to struggle at times. I liked what I've seen out of him in the run game and that was always his strength at MSU. I hope we don't skip LB in the draft thinking we'll be set next year because of the experience the younger players will be getting this year.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-23-2011, 12:13 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I hope not. We need an athlete at MIKE. With the way the NFL is trending towards passing the ball 70% of the time, I've learned to de-emphasize my desire for stoute run defenders on defense.

I think we just need to go after speed guys in the back 7 now. I rather sacrifice some run stuffing for better pass coverage. In the past I wouldn't, but with the way the league is now, I think that's the better approach.

I want us to grab 2 fast athletic linebackers. Our run stuffing will suffer bc of it bc we will no longer have a thumping presence in the LB core to stuff the run, but I think our pass coverage gains would more than make up for it.

Obviously, a guy who can do both is best of both worlds. Like Luke from BC is ideal, but if we can't get a guy like that, then let's just get some speed linebackers.

We need speed. Our back 7 is too slow.
Old 09-23-2011, 12:20 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Kuechly is my #1 want right now. If Coughlin's still around he'll be pressing for him I think since he's a BC guy.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-23-2011, 12:30 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Osi inactive and MM as well. Man, we really haven't had good news at all. We signed Clayton and IRed Hixon.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 12:36 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Clayton makes sense as he already has a good jump on the offense. I liked what I saw out of him last year.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-23-2011, 12:41 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This season looks bad before it's even started. For one season, I'd like us to stay healthy or somewhat healthy so I can see what we can do.
Old 09-23-2011, 12:45 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

By the time that happens a lot of our most talented players will be on the downside of their careers.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-23-2011, 12:47 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

That's if it happens. That's why we need better drafting. This year's draft has been a waste. Only contributions are from the LBs. Everyone else is hurt or inactive! lol.
Old 09-23-2011, 12:54 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

'"We investigate everything," Reese said following practice Thursday afternoon. "He (Moss) hasn't been in our building so it would be unfair to make an evaluation of him. We don't really know him. He's a terrific receiver as we've seen from his time in the league. Our offense is predicated on reads, which is hard for some guys to pick up. But it's not something that a veteran like him would have trouble with."'
Old 09-23-2011, 12:56 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
'"We investigate everything," Reese said following practice Thursday afternoon. "He (Moss) hasn't been in our building so it would be unfair to make an evaluation of him. We don't really know him. He's a terrific receiver as we've seen from his time in the league. Our offense is predicated on reads, which is hard for some guys to pick up. But it's not something that a veteran like him would have trouble with."'
BBD is going to love that and at this point I'm all for it also. I didn't want him here at first even though I love him as a player but right now we need talent on the field. He'd be a great addition at this point.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-23-2011, 12:57 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

I was pointing out the read part of it. Basically, it comes down to can ANY Wr follow our specific system?
Old 09-23-2011, 01:12 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
I JUST...WELL...YOU KNOW WHAT I JUST DID.

Moss would be awesome. I'd buy the blue, the white, and the red jersey. **** it, I'll buy the pink one too.

And Moss is perfect for our system. He's been running choice routes in NE, and Tom terrific has said nobody understands coverages better than Moss, Moss was the smartest WR he's ever played with.

Let's get him. I'll drive him to the stadium my damn self.
Old 09-23-2011, 01:14 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
I was pointing out the read part of it. Basically, it comes down to can ANY Wr follow our specific system?
Well we already knew about that so I thought you were bringing up the Moss part. We've all discussed the complexity of the offense ad nauseum here. It's still why I'm shocked you really thought Mario was going to step up and have a monster year.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-23-2011, 01:51 PM    (permalink
JBCX
Veteran

JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vontaze Burfict would be a beast of a MLB for the Giants.

Could be the next Ray Lewis.
JBCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 01:52 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I JUST...WELL...YOU KNOW WHAT I JUST DID.

Moss would be awesome. I'd buy the blue, the white, and the red jersey. **** it, I'll buy the pink one too.

And Moss is perfect for our system. He's been running choice routes in NE, and Tom terrific has said nobody understands coverages better than Moss, Moss was the smartest WR he's ever played with.

Let's get him. I'll drive him to the stadium my damn self.
Do you need to change your undies BBD?

Hahaha, no one is perfect for our system. Smith was as good as it gets in our specific system. He chose to leave, and now is a nobody in system with much more weapons.
Old 09-23-2011, 01:52 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Vontaze Burfict would be a beast of a MLB for the Giants.

Could be the next Ray Lewis.
No more defensive players allowed.. Any suggestions on offensive players will be welcomed, however!
Old 09-23-2011, 01:54 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Well we already knew about that so I thought you were bringing up the Moss part. We've all discussed the complexity of the offense ad nauseum here. It's still why I'm shocked you really thought Mario was going to step up and have a monster year.
Because he has talent? Or have you missed all those home runs he hit last season? He almost had 2 last game. One was a poor throw, and another one he tripped on himself and got a concussion! HAHA, god, that is comical when you say it out loud. But hey, we are the giants, so I am really not surprised. Another WR makes a sick catch and is out for the season. So at this point, I don't discount a UFO abduction, a comet hitting a player, or a stadium light falling on someone's ACL.
Old 09-23-2011, 01:55 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Not to rehash everything but like I said he'll be good here but he'll never make the jump to superstar. He's just to dumb. He also runs incorrect routes a ton of times still.

sig by BoneKrusher