Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 09-28-2011, 12:29 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I personally am iffy about Osi returning. I say that bc I don't want him to replace JPP as starter. I think JPP earned the right to start, and by getting Osi back, it's almost like we downgraded.

It's crazy to say, but true. Especially since Osi will need a couple of games to get his legs back. You know Osi won't accept a situational role either. This means JPP gets less snaps, and I personally think JPP should be on the field at all times.
Old 09-28-2011, 12:45 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fewell will get them all all the field. I don't care who's the "starter". There are plenty of snaps to go around for everyone.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 12:46 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well tucks banged up, so having osi back can't hurt. They can all really rotate and hopefully keep them all fresher
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 01:32 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stokley was hurt during practice today. We don't know how bad it is though.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-28-2011, 02:15 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope this doesn't effect his package.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 02:59 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Stokley was hurt during practice today. We don't know how bad it is though.
They say he strained his quad. So shouldn't as serious as it sounded when he was carted off the field.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 05:12 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I personally am iffy about Osi returning. I say that bc I don't want him to replace JPP as starter. I think JPP earned the right to start, and by getting Osi back, it's almost like we downgraded.

It's crazy to say, but true. Especially since Osi will need a couple of games to get his legs back. You know Osi won't accept a situational role either. This means JPP gets less snaps, and I personally think JPP should be on the field at all times.

He better not replacing him. Let Osi be the rotational guy. I can live with that.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 10:39 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Osi's starting. JPP will be relegated the rotational role.

It sounds like Stokely's package is going to be missing for 3 to 4 weeks.

I'm curious to see who mans the slot this week, do we put Cruz back in there, or do we put Mario in there. Cruz just seems so much more comfortable on the outside.

But Mario is dumb, so I don't know if he's good in the slot. How come we never gave Nicks a shot there? Perhaps he's also not comfortable there? I'm surprised we never moved him around to see if he can handle it. Not even in the preseason (to my knowledge, i could be wrong).
Old 09-29-2011, 11:49 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Nicks, Tuck, and DeOssie are a no go at practice today.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-29-2011, 11:54 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Nicks, Tuck, and DeOssie are a no go at practice today.
So pretty much our best Offensive, Defensive and Special Teams players are all not practicing...GREAT!

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 01:30 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Tuck will probably practice as little as possible this whole season to put less stress on his neck.

Nicks should probably sit out a game or 2, but we have no choice but to play him.

Who cares about DeOssie.
Old 09-29-2011, 01:51 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Deossie is so underrated. I don't care that he didn't make it at LB. As a long snapper we never hear about him making a bad snap which is excellent plus he's regularly the first guy down the field making the tackle or at least setting up a teammate.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-29-2011, 02:09 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Deossie is so underrated. I don't care that he didn't make it at LB. As a long snapper we never hear about him making a bad snap which is excellent plus he's regularly the first guy down the field making the tackle or at least setting up a teammate.
Agreed. If he wasn't someone we all had expectations for he would probably be a team favorite, ala Chase Blackburn. And honestly, my expectations for a 4th round pick are usually never very high. I just think we all built him up too much around draft time.
Old 09-29-2011, 02:16 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Come on bro....
Old 09-29-2011, 02:18 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

DeOssie sucks.

That asshole.
Old 09-29-2011, 02:23 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

He steal your girl or something?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-29-2011, 02:27 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Maaaaaaaaan. He was supposed to be so good.

Instead the turd doesn't even try to be a linebacker. He just became so content being a longsnapper he didn't put any effort into being a linebacker. What a jerk.
Old 09-29-2011, 02:27 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I am in a sour mood today too. Damn, have I become that transparent?

But seriously, **** you DeOssie.
Old 09-29-2011, 03:43 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BBD i don't get your hate for DeOssie. He's so so so good on special teams. Remember Trey Junkins? yeah, DeOssie is so steady and solid and as mentioned before, he's always the first one down there. And it's a 4th rounder, it's not like he was a top 3 round pick. He is a 4th rounder, and while he's not a stud or even good LBer, you can't overlook special teams ala the Chargers last season. He's a great leader and so good on specials.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 06:41 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Zach Berman tweet about Cruz:

Quote:
Interestingly, Gilbride believes Cruz is better long-term as a slot WR than on outside. Does well now b/c outside is easier to learn

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-29-2011, 08:17 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Zach Berman tweet about Cruz:
Hopefully he just means in the future he will be our slot guy, but not now. I'm fine with him moving there when he gets more experience and knows the system more.

Old 09-29-2011, 09:42 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That makes sense. Now it's up to Cruz.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 10:44 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

I was thinking, I don't see us cleaning house this year if we miss the playoffs. Coughlin is a good coach and if this team was at full strength we would be in the playoffs easy. I do however think that Perry and/or Gillbride will get head coaching jobs. If we do lose Perry I would love to bring in the current Florida Gators HC/Texas Longhorns DC Will Muschamp or if a guy like Frazier(Minnesota's HC) loses his job, bring him in as our DC. If we lose Gillbride I would want Haley or a run heavy coach. What are you're guys thoughts?

Old 09-30-2011, 06:34 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Muschamp isn't leaving Florida after 1 year to become a coordinator.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-30-2011, 08:47 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Muschamp is actually perfect for our defense. He's such a perfect fit. But there's basically a 0% chance he leaves Florida to become a NFL DC.

Cruz...I see where Gilbride is coming from. Bc of his size, Cruz will eventually become a more dangerous slot WR than an outside guy bc that height restricts what he can do on the outside.

But at the same time, I hope that doesn't mean Gilbride will forcefeed him inside. Let him play on the outside, and as he grows and gains experience, let him work the inside when he's more comfortable. He's clearly not comfortable right now inside. So let him develop outside first.

And it's not like small guys can't thrive on the outside. Look at the original Steve Smith. That guy does just fine on the outside.