Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 10-03-2011, 04:46 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
Wasn't this his first game vs Zona? That might have had something to do with it.
Yes it was. He was definitely up for the game.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 09:16 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Haha the UPS guy at my work (a Redkins fans) came in and dropped his scanner on purpose. Picked it back up and told me don't worry it's not a fumble.
Haha that's funny. I would told him how it feels for his team not to be the doormat of the NFL. That's the thing about redskins fans. Give them a smell of victory, and they act like they been doing it for a while. I am just waiting for them to fall back to reality.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 10:06 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good thing you didn't get that jersey Scotty. Stokley and his package are done.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-05-2011, 10:58 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

We cut Brian Williams also and signed Jim Cordle off our PS.

Prince, Tuck, Osi, Boley, Baas, and Jacobs are a no go at practice this morning. This is the first I've heard Jacobs and Boley were hurting.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-05-2011, 11:06 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
We cut Brian Williams also and signed Jim Cordle off our PS.

Prince, Tuck, Osi, Boley, Baas, and Jacobs are a no go at practice this morning. This is the first I've heard Jacobs and Boley were hurting.
Why is Jacobs hurt? I wonder when that happened.
Old 10-05-2011, 12:13 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Why is Jacobs hurt? I wonder when that happened.
It's a knee injury. Prince won't be back for at least another 4 weeks which is kind of dissapointing.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-05-2011, 12:26 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I have a feeling we might see Snee at C this week with Petrus at RG.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-05-2011, 02:18 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I have a feeling we might see Snee at C this week with Petrus at RG.
Hope not.. That would be a dumb idea. So basically move everyone around having KM be in his original position. I'd put big butt in at center, and keep 2 guys in their original position.
Old 10-05-2011, 02:21 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Hope not.. That would be a dumb idea. So basically move everyone around having KM be in his original position. I'd put big butt in at center, and keep 2 guys in their original position.
Petrus can play both guard spots. Snee played C last year in some emergency situations. I don't really see the big problem with it. Beatty and Diehl are still untouched on the left side of the line. Boothe is a much better backup at all the other 4 spots on the line besides C. He was pretty terrible last week.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-05-2011, 02:22 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well it's really only one guy in their original position. Boothe isn't really a center either. Either way someone is going to be playing out of position. I can trust Snee to play out of position better than Boothe. And I think I'd rather have Petrus on this line anywhere than Boothe.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 02:39 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Well it's really only one guy in their original position. Boothe isn't really a center either. Either way someone is going to be playing out of position. I can trust Snee to play out of position better than Boothe. And I think I'd rather have Petrus on this line anywhere than Boothe.
He and Koets are the backups if I remember from last year. I'd rather have Snee where he is than Snee at center. Petrus hasn't played for a while. I am not sticking him in cold turkey. Let big butt try to redeem himself. Hopefully, he won't get Eli killed.

I want Snee at his usual position and KM locked. No changes there. Hopefully, we don't move Snee. But if they think that's the best option then I'll see how we do.

Right now our OL needs to play better.
Old 10-05-2011, 02:45 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

How the Seahawks Can Beat the N.Y. Giants
http://seahawks.sportsblog.com/post/..._can_beat.html

Hahah check this amazing analysis out!

Here is just a teaser!

Quote:
Prevent the big play

Eli Manning has shown that he has difficulty when he has to drive the length of the field.
Old 10-05-2011, 02:47 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My favorite 3 lines in:

"Still, if you look closely, New York appears to have taken advantage of a relatively easy schedule"

And it's only getting easier this Sunday.

The blog is called the eternal pessimist? Sounds opposite to me.
Old 10-05-2011, 02:49 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Yeah that's pretty bad. I always feel sorry for the people who write that stuff. Our secondary isn't really weak either with the way Rolle and Phillips are starting to play.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-05-2011, 02:50 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
My favorite 3 lines in:

"Still, if you look closely, New York appears to have taken advantage of a relatively easy schedule"

And it's only getting easier this Sunday.
Hahaha

It really is amazing when you hear or read opinions of Eli across the read.
Old 10-05-2011, 02:59 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Does anyone on this planet think the Seahawks are better now than they were last year when we beat them badly in Seattle?
Old 10-05-2011, 03:10 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Does anyone on this planet think the Seahawks are better now than they were last year when we beat them badly in Seattle?
Nope and I feel more confident that we are playing at home. Let them do the traveling and come play at 1 pm.

I hope Eli throws for another 3-4 TDs with no ints. That would push his total to double digits!
Old 10-05-2011, 03:22 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I'm very confident in this game also but that's usually when this stuff bites us in the ass. I'm assuming Tuck and Baas won't play but everyone else should be a go. We should still beat them.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-05-2011, 05:38 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just like last week, I just want a W. Don't care how ugly. Just win.

Seriously if we lose to the Seahawks I'm gonna be pissed.
Old 10-05-2011, 08:08 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Stats from giants.com

http://www.giants.com/news-and-blogs...5-d99028646584

Scroll down
Old 10-05-2011, 08:35 PM    (permalink
asdf1223
Veteran

asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That game featured Charlie Whitehurst's first start at QB, 3 Camp bodies on the DLine and no Russell Okung. Not saying that you wont win by atleast 2 scores but that team was considerably worse than our current team.
Old 10-05-2011, 08:53 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Chad Jones 40 time he ran tonight.

retweet from MG
Defenderdawg : 7:38 pm
britmccrayBrittany McCray
by MikeGarafolo
Correction: 4.84 his official time #ChadJones

4.57 he ran pre combine i believe.
Old 10-05-2011, 09:01 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
I feel like all the Giants fans on this board all love Eli and we all know we're lucky to have him. I don't try to defend him to others anymore his play just speaks for itself. We know what we have and I'm fine keeping it that way.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-06-2011, 09:26 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel like we're getting a little too confident though. Let's be real, we always start out hot and fizzle in the end. And considering how our 2nd half schedule is murderer's row, coupled with how we haven't been playing lights out on either side of the ball so far, I'm just not going to get excited until we start ripping off wins against quality teams.

I stand by my statement earlier in the year that we need to enter the bye week with a very good record to have a chance of going 10-6.

So even if we enter the bye at 7-1, which is not easy to do, but even if we do that, I'm not going to be excited until I see us handle the 2nd half of the schedule.

Right now 3-1 means nothing to me. Big deal, it's a long season. Philly can easily turn it around and we can easily implode. A lot changes week to week. I don't want to get my hopes up then get crushed later.

So I'm cautious about our season right now.
Old 10-06-2011, 10:40 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

That's how I feel as well. We're winning the games we need to win right now and we need to keep that up until that 6 game stretch that's going to make or break our season.

sig by BoneKrusher