Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 10-06-2011, 11:05 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Am I the only one who's very concerned about Tuck and Baas right now?

I think both injuries are more serious than they are leading on.
Old 10-06-2011, 12:16 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Am I the only one who's very concerned about Tuck and Baas right now?

I think both injuries are more serious than they are leading on.
They're neck injuries so yeah they're serious but Tuck would have been placed on IR already if it was more serious than they're letting on.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 12:32 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
They're neck injuries so yeah they're serious but Tuck would have been placed on IR already if it was more serious than they're letting on.
Part of me wants us to just rest him until the hard part of our schedule comes up. It's a gamble, but if we can survive without him, I rather give him the rest he needs.
Old 10-06-2011, 12:37 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Part of me wants us to just rest him until the hard part of our schedule comes up. It's a gamble, but if we can survive without him, I rather give him the rest he needs.
I think that's the general plan. Rest him as much as possible and hope for the best. *shrug* I wouldn't be shocked if he starts dressing for games without actually playing more than a few snaps to keep him from getting rusty.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 12:41 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
I think that's the general plan. Rest him as much as possible and hope for the best. *shrug* I wouldn't be shocked if he starts dressing for games without actually playing more than a few snaps to keep him from getting rusty.
I wouldn't mind that, don't let him practice, bring him in only as a 3rd down rusher on the inside for the next 3 games or so.

I want to see Kiwi on the line more, I don't get why we give Tollefson more snaps on the line than Kiwi. Makes no sense to me.
Old 10-06-2011, 12:43 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Speaking of which, Kiwi hasn't rushed the passer as well as I'd hoped. That's a little disappointing. His blitzes just aren't getting there with the same ferocity as last year.

I wonder if his neck has anything to do with that. Maybe he's timid of collisions? *shrug*
Old 10-06-2011, 12:44 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I don't get that. I like Tolly n all a lot, but **** wouldn't it be nice to see Kiwi get the snaps to break out.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 10-06-2011, 01:00 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now is the wrong time to go after Tolly. Did we forget he just had a huge 2 sack game last week? The guy may not be that "talented' but he plays his ass off, never complains, and gets his job done.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-06-2011, 01:02 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Maaaaaaaaan. I could have got those sacks. Everyone forgot to block the white guy. Lol.

But yeah, he's a good effort guy.
Old 10-06-2011, 01:06 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Now is the wrong time to go after Tolly. Did we forget he just had a huge 2 sack game last week? The guy may not be that "talented' but he plays his ass off, never complains, and gets his job done.
It's not going after Tolly as much as being disappointed Kiwi isn't doing more. I did start my post with how I like the guy, but BBD is right, those sacks where all just Tolly trying and Kiwi can try to, plus with Kiwi he can do more on his own and with how little we're actually playing him standing up and off of the line why the **** shouldn't he be the third DE?

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-06-2011, 01:32 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I don't see any problems with the rotation at DE right now. Kiwi gets a few snaps on the line and that's how they're going to keep it. They want him to get comfortable at LB because when we start playing those tougher teams we're going to need him there.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-06-2011, 02:19 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Looks like Boothe will be at C again this week. Let's hope he does better.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-06-2011, 02:20 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I don't see any problems with the rotation at DE right now. Kiwi gets a few snaps on the line and that's how they're going to keep it. They want him to get comfortable at LB because when we start playing those tougher teams we're going to need him there.
Are we though? Against the better teams we'll be in our nickel D most of the game anyway and in that set up we're set with boley and williams and kiwi plays with his hand in the dirt anyways.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-06-2011, 03:53 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Are we though? Against the better teams we'll be in our nickel D most of the game anyway and in that set up we're set with boley and williams and kiwi plays with his hand in the dirt anyways.
Depends on who else is healthy. He's not going to play line over Tuck, Osi, or JPP.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-06-2011, 05:08 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I personally rather give Williams as many snaps as possible. I think we might have a keeper in him.

If we can have Williams step up at the other OLB spot, we'll look pretty good out there. Plus it gives us more speed in the LB core. We desperately need more speed in the middle of the field.
Old 10-06-2011, 05:09 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

tolly tolly tolly tolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 05:10 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
tolly tolly tolly tolly
A small piece of me died when I saw what happened to our boy Eric Foster.
Old 10-06-2011, 09:28 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here is to eli for another great game sunday! I hope he can hit double digits for TDs!
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 09:51 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I just hope that Seattle doesn't come in fired up trying to avenge last year's embarrassment.

Their oline has been shakey, granted they should have their LT back, but we still should get after it on the dline this week.

They have big body WRs though, and we have small CBs. That could present a problem. But as long as we can get to Jackson we should overcome that.

Offensively, just limit turnovers and we should be fine. This is a game that I think we can play conservative and ride our defense and we should be able to come out with a W. Just don't lose the game with stupid turnovers.
Old 10-07-2011, 10:48 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone notice that Gilbride has been a lot more vocal this year. I don't remember this many quotes coming from him any other year.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 11:41 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jacobs Sprained MCL
MattHofstra : 10:37 am
Per Schefter...didn't see it posted anywhere here. Mike G is updating soon whether he'll be practicing or not

Per BBI.
Old 10-07-2011, 11:49 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I guess we get to see if Darrelle Scott can replicate his preseason burst vs the Seahawks.

Chances are we'll see more of Ware than Scott though. In fact, nvm. We probably won't see Scott at all.
Old 10-07-2011, 11:50 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
Anyone notice that Gilbride has been a lot more vocal this year. I don't remember this many quotes coming from him any other year.
It seems like Coughlin is allowing his coordinators to talk a lot more lately. In the past he had a policy where the coordinators weren't allowed to talk to the media during the season.

Either way, Gilbride won't say anything worth noting. It's just coach talk for the media.
Old 10-07-2011, 12:20 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
I guess we get to see if Darrelle Scott can replicate his preseason burst vs the Seahawks.

Chances are we'll see more of Ware than Scott though. In fact, nvm. We probably won't see Scott at all.
I really want to see Scott. I don't mind letting Jacobs sit for 2-3 weeks. We need him later in the season when things get tougher. Let guys like Ward and Scott help in the mean time.
Old 10-07-2011, 12:24 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
I really want to see Scott. I don't mind letting Jacobs sit for 2-3 weeks. We need him later in the season when things get tougher. Let guys like Ward and Scott help in the mean time.
I don't think Scott will see much time bc I'm not sure if the team trusts him in pass protection just yet.

So expect to see more of Ware. And probably an increased load for Bradshaw. I want to see Scott real bad, but I doubt we see him now that I think of it.