Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 10-09-2011, 08:08 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd like Mike Zimmer in here. I wouldn't mind giving Greg Williams a 2nd chance at HC with our team either.

Let Greg do his thing with our defense, and bring in a simpler offense and let Eli take over the offense, and we'd be set.
Old 10-09-2011, 08:10 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Cruz giveth and Cruz taketh away.
He's going to be a stud though. You can see it. He's learning, he's going through growing pains. But man, the guy is gonna be good.

I still want another WR bc I want a Mario replacement long term, but Cruz is a keeper.
Old 10-09-2011, 08:10 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We had the win. Tuck plays we win. He's that important.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 08:11 PM    (permalink
JBCX
Veteran

JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey guys; I'm just curious: how has Greg Jones looked so far? I thought he was one of the best MLB prospects in the 2011 draft.
JBCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 08:12 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
He's going to be a stud though. You can see it. He's learning, he's going through growing pains. But man, the guy is gonna be good.

I still want another WR bc I want a Mario replacement long term, but Cruz is a keeper.

Ohh yeah he's fine. I was pissed walking out of the stadium today though because people were blaming the loss on Eli. Cruz had that ball easy and he gave up the Pick 6 up.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-09-2011, 08:12 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

But we lost. And deservedly so. Let's be honest with ourselves, if we did pull out that win, it would have been a very lucky win. They gave us so many gifts during that game to keep us in it.

They outplayed us the whole game. They deserved to win.
Old 10-09-2011, 08:14 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Ohh yeah he's fine. I was pissed walking out of the stadium today though because people were blaming the loss on Eli. Cruz had that ball easy and he gave up the Pick 6 up.
Cruz slipped. The ball was where it needed to be, but bc Cruz slipped it was a foot off, then pick 6. I had a bad feeling after the Beatty false start. Those type of penalties are momentum killers.

Then when I saw the bunch, I just didn't feel good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Hey guys; I'm just curious: how has Greg Jones looked so far? I thought he was one of the best MLB prospects in the 2011 draft.
Mediocre. He's a solid backup.
Old 10-09-2011, 08:15 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Cruz slipped. The ball was where it needed to be, but bc Cruz slipped it was a foot off, then pick 6. I had a bad feeling after the Beatty false start. Those type of penalties are momentum killers.

Then when I saw the bunch, I just didn't feel good.

Mediocre. He's a solid backup.
Whatever it was on Cruz. We win if he doesn't mess up there. Like I said he gives and takes. Loss is on Cruz.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-09-2011, 08:17 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'd like Mike Zimmer in here. I wouldn't mind giving Greg Williams a 2nd chance at HC with our team either.

Let Greg do his thing with our defense, and bring in a simpler offense and let Eli take over the offense, and we'd be set.
this. this this this this.
hell, bring Palmer in as our OC. With Eli having chemistry with Nicks and the growing chemistry with Cruz, it'd be awesome
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 08:20 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Whatever it was on Cruz. We win if he doesn't mess up there. Like I said he gives and takes. Loss is on Cruz.
I'd say that's a bit much. I put the loss on our defense. Didn't show up at all.

Cruz saved us too. That TD catch he had, that should have been an INT, but he does an amazing catch and hauls in a long TD.

He also had some huge catches to put us 10 yards from the endzone at the end. It wasn't his fault.
Old 10-09-2011, 08:24 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
I'd say that's a bit much. I put the loss on our defense. Didn't show up at all.

Cruz saved us too. That TD catch he had, that should have been an INT, but he does an amazing catch and hauls in a long TD.

He also had some huge catches to put us 10 yards from the endzone at the end. It wasn't his fault.
Defense was terrible. Osi, JPP, and Williams played and nothing else. Fewell is still sitting back to much.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-09-2011, 08:29 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Defense was terrible. Osi, JPP, and Williams played and nothing else. Fewell is still sitting back to much.
We went against Jackson and Jesus today, and we sat back and rushed 4 all game long. Why we didn't blitz them all day long, I have no idea.
Old 10-09-2011, 08:32 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
We went against Jackson and Jesus today, and we sat back and rushed 4 all game long. Why we didn't blitz them all day long, I have no idea.
I agree. I think I saw 3 blitzes and 2 of them went for sacks.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-10-2011, 10:38 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

That was Eli's first 400 yard passing game also.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-10-2011, 11:17 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cruz!
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 11:18 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That was Eli's first 400 yard passing game also.
Funny how at the age of 30 it happens like that. LOL. That's our system for you.
Old 10-10-2011, 11:20 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did Hynoski get hurt or did they finally just replace him?
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 11:28 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
We all know what's holding this team back. Unfortunately, it will not happen until we get a new coaching staff. This coaching staff has held back our offense for a long long time, and that won't change until they are gone.

Defensively...don't get me started.

It is what it is. Only a coaching change will fix it. It's hard to swallow that though bc we know that we have enough talent on this team to compete, but it's not being realized.
BBD,

I have agida over this team. And um, I hate our system and starting to hate Fewell! However, he has a built in excuse with these injuries, which is unfortunate!
Old 10-10-2011, 11:38 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I know Cruz had a great game but he also lost it for us between the fumble and the dropped catch that went for a Int.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-10-2011, 11:52 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I know Cruz had a great game but he also lost it for us between the fumble and the dropped catch that went for a Int.
How is it that he's always in the center of plays like this? Lol it's just really weird. He is a baller though, I've seen enough. At first it was just pre-season was all you heard people say, but the way he was making those catches you just knew he was too good to be playing with those scrubs. Now he's making them in the regular season, and consistently too.

I mean he looks like he could get 1000 yards and double digit TD's if he's out there enough. He's just always so impressive to me even with the mental lapses.

He's what, 6'0? And look how he plays the ball in the air. He plays like he's 6'5, he has incredible ball skills, he attacks the ball at it's high point, he reads the ball well in the air, and he's been on fire the past 3 weeks. Barden is over 6'5 and I've never seen him attack a ball at it's high point like Cruz always does.

I don't know how the coaching staff feels about him because he does seem to have mental errors, but this guy is ready to bust out and a big way. More people should take notice. He's only 24 years old and with his limited playing time he'll start to get alot better in the next few years.

I don't see nearly enough Giants games, but he's IMO clearly your 2nd best WR and offensive weapon. I'd be making a concious effort to try and get him the ball whether it be in the slot or the outside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 11:59 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

He's stepping up in a huge way and he's definitely making catches that weren't expected for him. He just needs to clean up the mental errors so the coaching staff can keep him out there.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-10-2011, 12:35 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't even blame Fewell because even under spags we would sit back and play coverage in games that we "could win on talent alone". I really think at this point that it's Coughlin not wanting to give opposing teams tape on our "trickier" play calling in games where we don't "need it". The problem is that the players always end up feeling that and so they come out flat because it's game they can win just on talent...

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 01:45 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

The coaching staff was very high on Cruz all throughout camp, and for a long while we didn't see it come to fruition at all, but now we can see why they had so much faith in him.

Cruz is a keeper. In a crazy way, he might become better than Steve Smith ever was by the end of the year. Think about that. I know that's projecting a lot, but think about it. His upside is higher, there's no denying it.
Old 10-10-2011, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The coaching staff was very high on Cruz all throughout camp, and for a long while we didn't see it come to fruition at all, but now we can see why they had so much faith in him.

Cruz is a keeper. In a crazy way, he might become better than Steve Smith ever was by the end of the year. Think about that. I know that's projecting a lot, but think about it. His upside is higher, there's no denying it.
I love/loved Steve Smith, but I do think Cruz could be much better than Smith. Smith was just a guy who you knew would make the catches and get you the yards you needed. Cruz on the other hand can do that, but he also can get deep and make spectacular catches - something Smith never really did.
Old 10-10-2011, 04:08 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If anyone wants a ****** ms paint giants wallpaper I made this today:

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote