Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 10-12-2011, 04:19 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Tuck will be back this season. No matter how much the coaching staff and Tuck himself are denying it, I think they are gambling that his neck will be good to go for the real hard part of our schedule, after the bye. So hopefully he will be good to go against the niners after the bye. If he's not ready for that game i think there will be a serious discussion on whether to place him on IR or not.

One thing we can hope for is that Osi shores up his Run D soon, when he's 100 percent used to contact football. Remember, all he did while the other guys had training camp and preseason games was passrushing drills. Seems to me that it usually takes three to four games for especially D-linemen to get used to the physical parts of the game like runblocking, tackling after a long injury break.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 07:31 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Am I the only one who thinks Hynoski sucks?
Old 10-12-2011, 09:22 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Nope I think he blows. Pascoe is better.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 10:06 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He looks so much more timid than he did in preseason.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 07:27 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he might be hurt more than he's leading on.

i think Pascoe should start.
Old 10-13-2011, 07:32 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Well even before the injury. I'd rather have Pascoe start the rest of the way also.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-13-2011, 08:00 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Maybe, but he just completely whiffs on blocks sometimes. But I also think it is the O-line. When our run game was at it's peak Hedgecock wouldnt have to hit anyone until he reached the hole or even past the line of scrimmage. Hynoski is having to make his lead block behind the LOS quite often.
Old 10-13-2011, 08:44 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Maybe, but he just completely whiffs on blocks sometimes. But I also think it is the O-line. When our run game was at it's peak Hedgecock wouldnt have to hit anyone until he reached the hole or even past the line of scrimmage. Hynoski is having to make his lead block behind the LOS quite often.
Beatty sucks at run blocking, and Diehl looks like he's losing a step, and our Center situation is just a cluster right now.

Which is basically why our only good runs have been to the strong side. Plus our TEs just aren't sealing the edges.
Old 10-13-2011, 08:48 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Beatty sucks at run blocking, and Diehl looks like he's losing a step, and our Center situation is just a cluster right now.

Which is basically why our only good runs have been to the strong side. Plus our TEs just aren't sealing the edges.
Are best runs have always been to the right, but you are correct the difference is growing. For 2-3 years there I think we had the best production of all teams on runs to the right.
Old 10-13-2011, 08:57 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

With Snee and Baas out this week I'm pretty scared to see what the line is going to look like.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-13-2011, 10:19 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Petrus should be fine as a run blocker, but his pass pro worries me bc you don't know how a guy looks in blitz situations until he's out there thinking.

Hopefully another week of practice will help with the center exchange. But we'll probably see another mediocre running performance and we're going to have to rely on Eli and the passing game to get us through this game.

I'm worried about the defense more than the offense to be honest.
Old 10-13-2011, 09:05 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

At least I know the Cowboys aren't the only ones having OL issues. lol.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 09:11 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The hype machine crash already? From his preseason reports I thought he was being anoited as the real deal. Nickname, cult following and all! Made me jealous since we passed on him and drafted the FB from Georgia (name escapes me at the moment) and he never made the team.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 11:19 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
The hype machine crash already? From his preseason reports I thought he was being anoited as the real deal. Nickname, cult following and all! Made me jealous since we passed on him and drafted the FB from Georgia (name escapes me at the moment) and he never made the team.
Eh, I was never enamored with the guy. He's honestly a waste of a roster spot. Pascoe can do the job just as well if not better plus can play TE.

I think every team needs that blue collar tough overachieving white guy that the fanbase can root for. Every team has at least 1. And he's usually a fan favorite.
Old 10-14-2011, 11:24 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

The hype also seemed to come from everybody else besides Giants fans at first. I knew nothing about the guy until we signed him. But around here he seemed like one of the more desirable UDFA's. Especially if FB was a need.
Old 10-14-2011, 01:10 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

He did look really good in preseason so there is something there. I was fine with Pascoe though.

Anyway Tuck, Jacobs, Snee, and Hynoski have all been ruled out already. Sounds like Baas will play at C and they'll move Boothe to RG.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-15-2011, 09:46 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
"Basically there was one play, it was a pass play initially, and he saw that one safety was bumped over top of us on my side, and he saw that there was a vacant area to the right where we could probably be successful at running the ball in that direction," Cruz said. "And he took it upon himself to change the play, and he changed it to a run play, and we ran out the right side and ended up getting, I think, like 12, 15 yards for a first down."

Quote:
"Well, some plays are kinda built in to where there's two plays, so if he sees one, and he gets a specific coverage, he'll check it to the second play," Cruz said. "I would say around like 30 to 40 percent of the time he looks at it and takes it upon himself to change the play."

Under rated stuff Eli does. I am sure we blame Gilbride but truth is we don't know who is calling the play.

Last edited by NY+Giants=NYG : 10-15-2011 at 09:49 AM.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 09:51 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giant...=Post10Al pha

Link for article. Great stuff! Yet people don't like Eli.
Old 10-16-2011, 08:27 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I don't feel good about this game. We can't run the ball, especially this week, and Buffalo's defense is very good at creating turnovers, and we're...very good at dishing them out.

Plus we can't stop the run without Tuck and Fred Jackson is having a mosnter year, plus their pass game is no chop liver either, even if they lack star names.

They can score, and they will score. We have to keep up with them, but I don't think we can. I think we lose this game.

I'm not going to get a chance to watch it either, so can one of you guys give us all a good detailed breakdown of the game afterwards?
Old 10-16-2011, 09:59 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
I don't feel good about this game. We can't run the ball, especially this week, and Buffalo's defense is very good at creating turnovers, and we're...very good at dishing them out.

Plus we can't stop the run without Tuck and Fred Jackson is having a mosnter year, plus their pass game is no chop liver either, even if they lack star names.

They can score, and they will score. We have to keep up with them, but I don't think we can. I think we lose this game.

I'm not going to get a chance to watch it either, so can one of you guys give us all a good detailed breakdown of the game afterwards?

I agree. I don't feel good about any game from now on. This seattle game killed any confidence I had in this team. I don't think we win this game. If we do, I'd be surprised I can tell you that.

You may need to put Fewell on notice IF we lose this game. I am recording it, so I will re watch it as long as it isn't a blowout against us.
Old 10-16-2011, 10:07 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I'm feeling very indifferent right now. I think we can but the other half of me can see a loss. I really don't have a feeling either way so I'm just going to try and enjoy the game and hopefully we come out with the W. A 4-2 team going into the bye with our injured players and upcoming schedule would be fine with me.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-16-2011, 03:29 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

My only thought right now is that Eli is so good and we're the only ones that recognize it. I shudder to imagine this team without him.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-16-2011, 05:15 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

color me pleasantly surprised. Nice job G-Men
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 05:55 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Real nice win for us! We fought hard and got the win against a tough opponent.

I can try to give you an (extremely) poor mans version of your weekly breakdown BBD :p Couple of things I noticed that I really liked:

-Obviously real happy about the fact that we avoided turnovers. Except for the one dangerous throw from Eli on our last possesion, he was awesome all game long.And that was a big part of our win, even more so than against other opponents. I think they said on the pregame show on NFL Network that the bills had scored 48 percent of their points on the season with defensive TDs.

-Bradshaw ran with even more fury than usual today. Obviously a great game from him, and I'm sure he's a lot happier with the line this week.

-The line was great by the way, as Eli had tons of time to throw all day long. Run blocking was more bleh, but it seemed to improve as the game went along.

-And that's probably because we stayed with the run for most of the day. Gilbride called a good game IMO, and it payed off with some long bradshaw runs in the fourth quarter. On the long one to the left side Mario Manningham had a great block which sprung Ahmad loose.

- I really have to give credit to two guys we didn't expect much from when training camp started: Jake Ballard and Kevin Boothe. Ballard just gets open, I don't care that he's slow as a tortoise, he just understands the routes and runs them. Yes, we can probably do a lot better at tight end, but Ballard is at least very serviceable so far. As for Boothe, I think he had a great game. Really good run blocks a couple of times, and no problems that I saw in pass pro.

-Oh, and Webster is a Boss. Two great INTs, even though both were underthrows from the Amish Rifle. Got beat by Stevie Johnson on a TD, but that was more of a real great move of the line by Johnson than a bad play by C-Web.

As for Negatives:

-Our Defense still plays the soft zone too much. It pains me every time teams completes easy 6 yd passes against us on 3 and 4. It seemed like it happened against us a couple of times this game.

-Oh, and on a 3 and 9 we rushed three guys, and dropped the rest into soft zone. You didn't have to be a rocket scientist to understand that there was no way the Bills wouldn't convert.

As for the Tds the Bills had in the first half, it seemed like (to my untrained eye at least) we just flat out lost the battle on the line of scrimmage, and that sprung Jackson loose on the first one. After that, horrible angles from Grant and to a certain extent Ross didn't exactly help either. On the 60 yd pass it seemed like a blown coverage left the Bills WR alone inside. I think Antrel Rolle and Justin Tryon were the two defenders involved in coverage on that side of the field. It looked like Tryon thought it was a zone coverage, while Rolle played man on the outside reciever or a deep half to the left. Either way, this leads me to believe that Tryon is to blame, since he's the new guy on the team.

Other than that, I can't think of anything as of now. Hope it helps a little bit at least, even though you have to take anything I say with a grain of salt.

After all, I'm just a Norwegian guy that has only watched this sport for four years :)

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 07:26 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was at the game today. My first giant game ever. So happy we actually won.