Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 10-16-2011, 08:27 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
I was at the game today. My first giant game ever. So happy we actually won.
Congrats!! Where did you sit?

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 08:29 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Congrats!! Where did you sit?
Section 128 Row 27 Seat 6.It is the end zone where Fred Jackson scored on the huge run.
Old 10-16-2011, 08:30 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Section 128 Row 27 Seat 6.It is the end zone where Fred Jackson scored on the huge run.
Oh ok much better than my tix then. I hope you had a good time.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-16-2011, 08:32 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Oh ok much better than my tix then. I hope you had a good time.
Ya I had a amazing time. It's was one of my friends season tickets. It only cost me $100.

Had a great time. The game looks so much better live then on TV. Also the trophy room is awesome.
Old 10-16-2011, 08:38 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Ya I had a amazing time. It's was one of my friends season tickets. It only cost me $100.

Had a great time. The game looks so much better live then on TV. Also the trophy room is awesome.
Never been there. I'm in the 300's.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-16-2011, 08:40 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good win! I am very surprised! We did ok today. Our offense played well. Defense needs to get their head out of their butt! I hate our system. 0 Tds and 0 Ints for your franchise QB? Seriously? The staff can't get Eli a TD. I look around at the other games and their OCs call 1 yard passes to their WR or TEs, and here we go running 3 times for TDs.

I love the win! But come on! A high priced franchise QB should get his. How can a franchise QB throw for nearly 300 yards and not call his number? O damn Tds.. lol Come on! Stupid system.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 08:42 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Eli was excellent today NYG. Yeah he should have got one TD but whatever.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-16-2011, 08:45 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Well Eli should have had a TD on that play to Mario.
Old 10-16-2011, 09:08 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Well Eli should have had a TD on that play to Mario.
It was a great play by McGee.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-16-2011, 09:08 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Man I envy you! I was actually pondering taking a trip over to watch a game this season, but the lockout scared me enough to not order the trip. Will try again next year for sure. It would be awesome to watch the home game against the Eagles1

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 09:35 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I was not blaming Eli for that play. Just saying they should have got that one.
Old 10-16-2011, 09:37 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlueNorwegian View Post
Man I envy you! I was actually pondering taking a trip over to watch a game this season, but the lockout scared me enough to not order the trip. Will try again next year for sure. It would be awesome to watch the home game against the Eagles1
Hopefully I get a chance to get to more games this season. Cause for $100 those are some of the bests seats I have ever had. You can see everything and it feels close.
Old 10-16-2011, 11:00 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I agree! It was a good move to try to rip it out. Excellent throw by Eli!

It just makes me so mad when I see highlights and other QBs throw 1 yard TD passes and meanwhile we refuse to let our franchise QB get those easy TDs. How do we have a system where you don't let your franchise 293819832918923 million dollar QB not get one TD.

You throw for damn nearly 300 yards and can't get 1! I am happy for the win, but stuff like that makes me livid!
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 11:38 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post

It just makes me so mad when I see highlights and other QBs throw 1 yard TD passes and meanwhile we refuse to let our franchise QB get those easy TDs. How do we have a system where you don't let your franchise 293819832918923 million dollar QB not get one TD.

You throw for damn nearly 300 yards and can't get 1! I am happy for the win, but stuff like that makes me livid!
Well, Eli himself has stated that he really doesn't care about stats at all, only wins. And honestly, I think the right approach for everyone in the organization is to not care who gets the TD or whether it's a pass or a run. The important thing is to get the TD in the first place. So if you play a team like the Bills that are bad against the run, well you run the ball. No need to let their opportunistic backfield get any more chances than necessary to make plays.

You just go with the highest percentage play at all times.

On another note, Eli currently has the third best passer rating in the league. Only Rodgers and Brady are better. Yet he gets no credit for it. I completely understand that passer rating is not the be all, end all stat for QBs, but why does he get no love when guys with worse stats gets lots of praise from people across the league. Kurt Warner had Alex Smith(!) as a top 5 QB in the league right now in a segment on NFLN, for crying out loud!

By the way, does anyone know if Kurt Warner hates Eli or something? He stated on "Gameday morning" today that there was no way that Eli would play mistake-free against the Bills, and also said something along the lines of " we all know who Eli Manning is. A pretty good, but very turnover-prone Quarterback. He will make mistakes and turn it over every week". Talk about being stuck in 2010.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 01:23 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Random thought: we all need to meet up and go to a game together or something
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 01:53 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
Random thought: we all need to meet up and go to a game together or something
Do the giants play in Chicago this year?

...oh, I see how it is scotty...

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 08:51 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlueNorwegian View Post
By the way, does anyone know if Kurt Warner hates Eli or something? He stated on "Gameday morning" today that there was no way that Eli would play mistake-free against the Bills, and also said something along the lines of " we all know who Eli Manning is. A pretty good, but very turnover-prone Quarterback. He will make mistakes and turn it over every week". Talk about being stuck in 2010.
Agreed about being stuck in 2010. Drew Brees threw 22 INTs last year and no one says the same about him. Eli actually has 1 less INT than Brees since the start of 2008.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 09:21 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Good win! I am very surprised! We did ok today. Our offense played well. Defense needs to get their head out of their butt! I hate our system. 0 Tds and 0 Ints for your franchise QB? Seriously? The staff can't get Eli a TD. I look around at the other games and their OCs call 1 yard passes to their WR or TEs, and here we go running 3 times for TDs.

I love the win! But come on! A high priced franchise QB should get his. How can a franchise QB throw for nearly 300 yards and not call his number? O damn Tds.. lol Come on! Stupid system.
The result is the biggest thing. Don't get too caught up in the system and how it skews stats. Does it win or not. And we could argue that all day. Haha. But the headlins do piss me off. "Bradshaw's 100 yards and 3 TDs lifts Giants to Victory". Please. That was the softest 100 yards I've ever seen. We did not run the ball well at all.

And Webster saved the day. But he also allowed himself to have to save the day by giving up TDs.

Our LBers also got abused. That trap misdirection crap they were running all day had them all kinds of confused.
Old 10-17-2011, 10:18 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eli will never get the respect he deserves. Even if he wins multiple SBs, people will still rag on him. It is what it is, I don't really care anymore.

He's a stud qb, and at the end of the day, as a fan, you root for championships. That's the end goal. And Eli got us one, and as long as he's our qb, I feel confident that we have a chance to get more. That's all you could ask for from a quarterback.
Old 10-17-2011, 10:23 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Buffalo is legit btw. I was able to catch the 2nd half. They are legit. Their defense is mediocre, but that offense is for real.

Our defense is a joke. We rushed 4 or 3 all of the 2nd half, played soft zones. I hate Fewell. Eli carried our offense. He always has.

One thing that I do like: I firmly believe, that to be a team that has a chance in the playoffs, you have to "learn" how to win close games. Teams who win ugly in the regular season typically do well in the postseason, bc they know how to win close games, ugly games. It toughens up the team mentally.

So far, all our games have been ugly and close. The only 1 we lost was Seattle, and if Cruz doesn't slip, we probably pull that one out too.

Winning ugly and close is good for the team. Hopefully it helps us later in the season.
Old 10-17-2011, 10:48 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Yeah it was a must win ugly win. We really need to be 5-2 before our hell schedule starts.
Old 10-17-2011, 10:50 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I just hope the team doesn't have our classic letdown vs Miami. Coming off the bye, we're always sloppy as hell, plus you know they won't take Miami seriously.

It's just scary to think about. We are notorious for playing down to our competition. Hopefully we get to see some healthy bodies too.
Old 10-17-2011, 10:57 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Our dline overpursues too. Our DEs (including JPP) don't really play the run, both him and Osi shoot up the field leaving gaps, and the whole dline bites hard on screen passes bc they go balls to the walls every play. We need to clean that up.
Old 10-17-2011, 11:02 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Our dline overpursues too. Our DEs (including JPP) don't really play the run, both him and Osi shoot up the field leaving gaps, and the whole dline bites hard on screen passes bc they go balls to the walls every play. We need to clean that up.
TUCK!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-17-2011, 11:26 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
TUCK!!!!!!!!!!
Pretty much. He shouldn't be the only DE playing the run though. It needs to be hammered into their heads that they can't just shoot up the field.