Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-14-2011, 12:37 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Where would you turn if all your favorite sports teams in your town moved away?

Here's my question: If all the professional AND college sports teams moved away from your city, would you follow them to their new location and remain a fan, or adopt a new team? Which teams would you adopt?

For me, I'd follow my old teams but adopt these new ones

MLB: Baltimore Orioles - Love their colors, love some of their players, The Wire

NBA: Toronto Raptors - Because they don't get enough love, and I like Canada.

NHL: St. Louis Blues - Oshie, Backes, Al MacInnis was my hockey idol

NFL: Kansas City Chiefs - Been to one game at Arrowhead when I was 12 and it was ridiculous. Love the atmosphere at their stadium. Not that far away. Not the Packers, Bears or Lions

NCAAF (if Miami and Minnesota both disbanded their footall programs): Penn State - Joe Paterno, plain/clean jerseys

NCAAB(If Minnesota and Miami both disbanded their basketball programs): This is the one that I would have the most problem with. I have no idea. I guess Syracuse. Gotta love the zone.
Old 02-14-2011, 12:50 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

MLB- Diamondbacks, i like their logos

NFL- Seahawks, Shaun Alexander was the ****

NBA- Heat, all hail King Lebron

NHL- lol
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 01:04 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NBA - I don't care about basketball
MLB - I follow the Cardinals and don't have a home team so I'm safe
NHL - nope
NFL - I don't know what I'd do. Probably just become a fan of players I like and therefore their teams, so I guess I'd be a Lions and Ravens fan.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 01:20 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's really just a matter of the Bills and Sabres for me. I try never to think about the Bills situation because... yeah. But if I had to go for another team, it'd probably be either Arizona or Green Bay. Maybe Seattle because my best friend is already a huge fan. All would be very difficult to actually get to a game, though.

I'm already a pretty big fan of the Nashville Predators, so if anything ever happened to the Sabres I would turn to them.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 01:24 PM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Vikings move (And this is a real possibility), I'd still follow them, even in LA.
the_legend_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 01:28 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If all the Ohio teams left. I only root for teams that are aleast in driving distance of where i live so i can go see them. I guess even though i would hate myself i would guess if i followed my rules i would have to root for all Pittsburgh teams.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 01:32 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd probably turn to crack because I can't root for teams other than my own, mainly because how much Boston sports teams are hated by other teams.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 01:34 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd hit the bottle... hard.

If either the Eagles or Phils left I'd have to stick with em. If they would go away completely, I honestly don't know what I'd do. I can't think of any FNL team I could pick to replace them, As for the Phils, that'd be tough too, I think I'd be a Red Sox Fan, they're my AL team I liek the most, and since I already hate the Yankees, I think they'd welcome me. If Penn State were to disappear, I'd follow Temple and Mizzou closely. I don't care as much for hockey, but I guess I'd be a Penguins or Sabres fan. Basketball I don't care about anyway, so it doesn't matter.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 02:00 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd still follow all of my teams to whatever city they moved to.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 02:11 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd finally be able to work on my doctorate.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 02:13 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NHL - I guess the Dallas Stars, got no problems with them, plus I have this mini hockey stick blade thing that you attach to a pencil with the Stars logo on it.

NFL - Lions, I've always liked them, plus they have my favourite coach in the league.

MLB - I'd become a Marlins fan, no reason really.

NBA - Thunder, love Durant and the young team they have.

NCAA - Miami Hurricanes
Old 02-14-2011, 02:18 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I live 3 hours away from Green Bay, and about 7-8 hours away from any other professional sports team. I think it's safe to say I don't have much local loyalty. I'd continue to cheer for the Celtics, Red Wings and Braves, and I guess I'd cheer for the Lions if the Packers didn't exist.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 02:54 PM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NFL: Probably the Ravens or Steelers. Whichever one plays tougher D and gives the finger to Goodell more.

NBA: Trailblazers. Already a semi-fan of them.

MLB: Probably would stop following. Maybe the Royals.

NHL: No reason to follow if its not the Wings.
Old 02-14-2011, 02:59 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would follow my teams but if they were dispanded all together;

NFL: Washington Reskins- (Santana Moss is my favorite player in the league)
MLB: I guess the Chicago Cubs.
NBA: I liked the Nets back in the day when they had RJ and Kenyon.
NHL: No problem going from the Devils to the Rangers. I don't really follow the NHL much anyways.
NCAAF: Either SCAR or Michigan.
NCAAB: Miami Hurricanes. (I'm a St. John's fan)

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 04:05 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

follow them in their new town

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 04:12 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NFL: Raiders - I used to be a bit of a Raiders fan. Rich Gannon is one of my all time favorite players, and then there was Tim Brown, Charles Woodson, Jon Ritchie, Jerry Rice, etc. I loved watching those Raiders teams. Although I do kind of like the Lions too.

MLB: I really don't know. Probably Baltimore, but not sure.

NCAA: Boston College - What is this one team for football one for basketball garbage? Pick one school.

Hate the NBA and don't watch NHL.
Old 02-14-2011, 04:13 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would turn to the barrel of a 12-gauge shotgun.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 04:15 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NFL - Follow them
MLB - Stop watching
NHL - Follow them
NBA - Follow them / Clippers
NCAA - if both ASU and Miami were destroyed in a epic accident then probably Zona

Last edited by fenikz : 02-14-2011 at 04:17 PM.
fenikz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 04:17 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NHL — Buffalo Sabres
NFL — Green Bay Packers
MLB — I wouldn't care about any of them
NBA — I never cared about any of them
Old 02-14-2011, 04:28 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Considering the only local professional sport is the OKC Thunder, which we acquired recently, I'd probably go back to being a Hornets fan. I'm not a big basketball fan though.

How does a college move though? It's not a possibility but I would stay a Sooner fan. I'd also move with the college since I'm a student.

Sig by Hitman D.

Last edited by nrk : 02-14-2011 at 04:30 PM.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 04:29 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can't believe how many people would just abandon their team.
Old 02-14-2011, 04:39 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Seriously. Do you really have that much pride in your city or something? It's not like you'll never hear about/won't be able to watch the team again if they move.
Old 02-14-2011, 04:43 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NFL - I'd follow the Saints even if they moved. If they were contracted then I'd follow the Steelers.

MLB - I don't follow MLB so it doesn't matter.

NBA - If the Hornets moved I could care less. I'd pull for either the Thunder or Celtics, more than likely the Thunder who I pull for now.

NHL - If the Penguins moved I'd follow them. If they were completely wiped away then I'd pull for the Bruins.

NCAA - If LSU was destroyed in some horrible fire the I don't know who I'd pull for. I'd probably just watch CFB w/o a team to root for.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 05:08 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
I thought it was a better question if keeping the same team wasn't an option, so that's how I answered it.
Old 02-14-2011, 05:15 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let's assume they disband and not move for future answers.