Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-17-2011, 11:13 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey619 View Post
The only really bad thing he said was this. I know exactly what ill be fighting for.

yes, when you join you really do lose your voice, your opinion is irrelevant and you are a pawn that goes where he is told. its a sacrifice you decide to make for the best interests of everyone.

But your reason for fighting is your own, you signed up for it. yeah, its crap that the top guys send the bottom to fight and dont go themselves. but you sign up knowing it can (and will) happen. but the reason that makes you sign up is still the reason that makes you help and fight.
I think he just worded it very poorly. Everyone has their own reasons for signing up. No one knows why the brass decided to send them to these god-forsaken places.
Old 02-18-2011, 01:15 AM    (permalink
Shahin
Veteran

Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I believe the places our military is sent does very little to help mankind.

RIP ST
Shahin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 12:30 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
I never suggest anyone join the military.
You have no voice, you become another soldier.
No soldier has any clue what he's fighting for.
You fight some fat rich man's battles, so they get richer.
Military will end the world
A well thought out opinion of somebody who has never lifted a finger to affect good in the world. Go on thinking that not doing **** is more morally praiseworthy than my guys going half way around the world to get schools and hospitals built in Iraq and Afghanistan, please. I want you to sleep as nice and cozy as possible at night. I'm glad you think of us as a bunch of mindless automoton droids blindly following orders, and I'm glad that you would never join the military because there is no place for a coward like you in my Army. I would also love to meet your girlfriend, and in the immortal words of General Tommy Franks, "shake your hand, then wink at her because she knows that she's dating a *****."

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 12:34 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A little off topic but did anyone watch "The Battle for Marjah" on HBO? That was crazy.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 02:04 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe GoRavens was thinking along the lines of one of the most decorated soldiers in US History.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smedley Butler
War is a racket. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives.
Old 02-18-2011, 02:47 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
I never suggest you call out the military around military people.
You have no right, you sound like another ****.
You have no clue what individuals are fighting for.
You talk like you know it all, and we all get dumber.
Acting like this will be your end.

Your tone makes it sound like all military people too dumb to make their own choices. Please show more respect.
It's called free speach. You pay your taxes i feel you have the right to shoot your mouth off. As someone who was in the service i dont entirely agree with what he was saying but i also stopped drinking the Kool-Aid many years ago.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 03:53 PM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

my tone may come across as pessimistic and ungrateful, so let me clear up my thoughts. I am anti-war, not in America, on our whole planet. I truly do appreciate every soldier for what they do. They make sacrifices I couldn't even imagine. But my problem with the military isn't the soldiers. It's the decision makers, the rich government officials that influence who does what, where they do it, and exactly how it's done. We could sit and debate military all day and all night, but one major point will stand out; Our government is corrupt, extremely corrupt. We stick our nose into other countries business, we bully, we intimidate, and we harass. Like the next man, I'm all for world peace, but at this point in existence, that's almost impossible. It's all about bombs, bombs, bombs, money, money, money. I have many friends and family members who joined the armed forces, but I do not agree with what were fighting for. The war in Iraq? Are you kidding me? Ask anybody who knows what their talking about and they'll say we have no place over there. Weapons of mass destruction my a$$. Every country has nukes, and America, out of all of them, is by far the least liked country in the world, and for good reason. I wish the world was easier, calmer, and less dramatic. It's just rich, power hungry, egotistical officials that can influence where and what thousands of soldiers do. I'm no coward, and if our country ever got invaded/bombed/whatever, I'll enlist and fight for a GOOD cause. I'll fight for my family, for my city, and for my country, but I will not join to go to Iraq and start drama. America likes to talk a lot of crap, and they back it up with our trillion dollar military. Our taxpayers money goes to building bombs, and that's just not right. Are we blind?? In the 90s, America funded BILLIONS to Al-Queda, and now I'm supposed to be amped to go to the middle east and fight with them? C'mon son.. Obama is just a puppet and the media controls us to believe everything is okay..
Whatever happened to equality? Sharing with your neighbor, seeing others differences as a good thing, not as bad. What happened to the simple life? Our world is manipulated on a daily basis, from the news to what you pop in the microwave for dinner. America is corrupt, end of story. It's a bunch of sick illuminati members that can't mind their own business, so they tell you who your enemy is.
"I love the place that I live, but I hate the people in charge."
- Immortal Technique
Old 02-19-2011, 10:37 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Completely off topic: The military have some of the funniest sayings. I love the honesty sometimes.

Quote:
When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is not our friend.

You don't win a war by dying for your country. You win a war by making the other son-of-a-***** die for his. - General Patton

If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid.

Cluster bombing from B-52s is very, very accurate - - the bombs always hit the ground.

If the enemy is in range, so are you.

The difficult we do immediately. The impossible takes a little while longer. - U.S. Navy Seabees

It is generally inadvisable to eject directly over the area you just bombed.

Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons!

When in doubt empty the magazine.

If God had meant for us to be in the Army, we would have been born with green, baggy skin.

Try to look unimportant, they may be low on ammo.

"You, you, and you: Panic. The rest of you, come with me."

Odd objects attract fire - never lurk behind one.

Incoming fire has the right of way.

Don't look conspicuous: it draws fire.

Tracers work both ways.

Five second fuses only last three seconds.

A slipping gear could let your M203 grenade launcher fire when you least expect it. That would make you quite unpopular in what's left of your unit. — from the Army's magazine of preventive maintenance.

Who *cares* if a laser guided 500 lb bomb is accurate to within 9 feet?

The easy way is always mined.

Don't ever be the first, don't ever be the last and don't ever volunteer to do anything.

Never share a fox hole with anyone braver than you.

Bravery is being the only one who knows you're afraid.

If your attack is going well, you have walked into an ambush.

Never trust a private with a loaded weapon, or an officer with a map.

If you can't remember, the Claymore is pointed towards you.

Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy someone else to shoot at.

Push to test... Release to detonate.

Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't.

There is no such thing as an atheist in a foxhole.

No combat ready unit has ever passed inspection.

Make it too tough for the enemy to get in and you can't get out.

Any ship can be a minesweeper... once.

Never tell the Platoon Sergeant you have nothing to do.

The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war.

Don't draw fire, it irritates the people around you.

The enemy invariably attacks on one of two occasions: 1. When you're ready for them. 2. When you're not ready for them.

Combat will occur on the ground between two adjoining maps.

Friendly fire - isn't.

Sometimes I think war is God's way of teaching us geography. - Paul Rodriguez

The side with the simplest uniforms wins.

When you're short of everything but the enemy, you're in combat.

Mines are equal opportunity weapons.

We are not retreating, we are advancing in another direction.

If you find yourself in a fair fight you didn't plan your mission properly!

Instruction printed on US Rocket Launcher - "Aim towards Enemy"
Old 02-19-2011, 11:54 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I had to lose 9.5" to join. So far I've lose 3.5". I've dropped considerable weight since seeing the recruiter by hardcore dieting and exercising. I've been doing a lot of running, pushups, and situps. My motivating factor is that I can join the Army this year. Seriously, I'm stoked about joining.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 12:06 AM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
my tone may come across as pessimistic and ungrateful, so let me clear up my thoughts. I am anti-war, not in America, on our whole planet. I truly do appreciate every soldier for what they do. They make sacrifices I couldn't even imagine. But my problem with the military isn't the soldiers. It's the decision makers, the rich government officials that influence who does what, where they do it, and exactly how it's done. We could sit and debate military all day and all night, but one major point will stand out; Our government is corrupt, extremely corrupt. We stick our nose into other countries business, we bully, we intimidate, and we harass. Like the next man, I'm all for world peace, but at this point in existence, that's almost impossible. It's all about bombs, bombs, bombs, money, money, money. I have many friends and family members who joined the armed forces, but I do not agree with what were fighting for. The war in Iraq? Are you kidding me? Ask anybody who knows what their talking about and they'll say we have no place over there. Weapons of mass destruction my a$$. Every country has nukes, and America, out of all of them, is by far the least liked country in the world, and for good reason. I wish the world was easier, calmer, and less dramatic. It's just rich, power hungry, egotistical officials that can influence where and what thousands of soldiers do. I'm no coward, and if our country ever got invaded/bombed/whatever, I'll enlist and fight for a GOOD cause. I'll fight for my family, for my city, and for my country, but I will not join to go to Iraq and start drama. A
merica likes to talk a lot of crap, and they back it up with our trillion dollar military. Our taxpayers money goes to building bombs, and that's just not right. Are we blind?? In the 90s, America funded BILLIONS to Al-Queda, and now I'm supposed to be amped to go to the middle east and fight with them? C'mon son.. Obama is just a puppet and the media controls us to believe everything is okay..
Whatever happened to equality? Sharing with your neighbor, seeing others differences as a good thing, not as bad. What happened to the simple life? Our world is manipulated on a daily basis, from the news to what you pop in the microwave for dinner. America is corrupt, end of story. It's a bunch of sick illuminati members that can't mind their own business, so they tell you who your enemy is.
"I love the place that I live, but I hate the people in charge."
- Immortal Technique
You're absolutely entitled to your opinion, that's the basic tenant of our country. But I'm sorry, this is such a bulls**t canned response that the liberal media has ingrained in the half-sentient populace (which is preferential to the non-sentient right wing tea party types). Sure, the war in Iraq was started under false pretenses...fine, there is egg on the NSA and CIA's faces. But, you know what. Real, observable improvements have been made in Iraq and the middle east because of that war...ill gotten or not. I saw Sadr City go from a post apocalyptic, mad max style terrorist play ground, to a relatively secure, and stable neighborhood. I don't care why the President and the Senate send me where they decide to send me. My group and I are going to do good things wherever we are with whatever resources we're afforded. The brass just sign the checks and make the travel arrangements, it's up to me what happens on the ground.

And if you're going to spout off a bunch of quasi-intellectual rhetoric, at least do some ******* research. The United States never funded Al-Qaeda, the CIA financially backed the mujaheddin of Afghanistan when the Soviet Union invaded them in the late 70's-80's. Such was Regan's foreign policy. He supported any anti-Soviet activities during his Presidency. This was actually one of the least ******-up things that happened with regards to his foreign policy. The Iran/Contra affair and the secret wars of Central America were far more messed up...but guess what, real tangible good was still done on the ground by your military. Al-Qaeda was founded after the Soviets withdrew from Afghanistan, along with the Taliban. The United States were among the first to recognize them as a terrorist organization. Forget the black helicopters and Da Vinci code nonsense. The conspiracy theory horse **** is a waste of time and frankly immature. Obviously there is corruption in our government, but if you had any perspective or world view you would understand that it is among the least corrupt in the world. I live in Wisconsin, and our governor is trying to take away public sector employees right to collectively bargain, I'm far from happy with my government. That said, I resent you intimating that the entire military is a bunch of pawns for corporate interest and that I'm risking my life for nothing. I know exactly what I'm risking my life for every time I file my trip ticket and cross the wire and it's worth it every time.

As I said, you're absolutely entitled to your opinions but I strongly urge you to reassess them.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS

Last edited by senormysterioso : 02-20-2011 at 12:40 AM.
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 09:57 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Huuuuuaaaaaaa!!!!

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 02:07 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by senormysterioso View Post
You're absolutely entitled to your opinion, that's the basic tenant of our country. But I'm sorry, this is such a bulls**t canned response that the liberal media has ingrained in the half-sentient populace (which is preferential to the non-sentient right wing tea party types). Sure, the war in Iraq was started under false pretenses...fine, there is egg on the NSA and CIA's faces. But, you know what. Real, observable improvements have been made in Iraq and the middle east because of that war...ill gotten or not. I saw Sadr City go from a post apocalyptic, mad max style terrorist play ground, to a relatively secure, and stable neighborhood. I don't care why the President and the Senate send me where they decide to send me. My group and I are going to do good things wherever we are with whatever resources we're afforded. The brass just sign the checks and make the travel arrangements, it's up to me what happens on the ground.

And if you're going to spout off a bunch of quasi-intellectual rhetoric, at least do some ******* research. The United States never funded Al-Qaeda, the CIA financially backed the mujaheddin of Afghanistan when the Soviet Union invaded them in the late 70's-80's. Such was Regan's foreign policy. He supported any anti-Soviet activities during his Presidency. This was actually one of the least ******-up things that happened with regards to his foreign policy. The Iran/Contra affair and the secret wars of Central America were far more messed up...but guess what, real tangible good was still done on the ground by your military. Al-Qaeda was founded after the Soviets withdrew from Afghanistan, along with the Taliban. The United States were among the first to recognize them as a terrorist organization. Forget the black helicopters and Da Vinci code nonsense. The conspiracy theory horse **** is a waste of time and frankly immature. Obviously there is corruption in our government, but if you had any perspective or world view you would understand that it is among the least corrupt in the world. I live in Wisconsin, and our governor is trying to take away public sector employees right to collectively bargain, I'm far from happy with my government. That said, I resent you intimating that the entire military is a bunch of pawns for corporate interest and that I'm risking my life for nothing. I know exactly what I'm risking my life for every time I file my trip ticket and cross the wire and it's worth it every time.

As I said, you're absolutely entitled to your opinions but I strongly urge you to reassess them.
Brilliant post.

I believe it was right around this line: "My group and I are going to do good things wherever we are with whatever resources we're afforded." that The Battle Hymn started up in my head. lol

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 02:33 PM    (permalink
StickSkills
Veteran

StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

EDIT: answered my question by reading entire thread.

Last edited by StickSkills : 02-25-2011 at 02:39 PM.
StickSkills is offline   Reply With Quote