Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-17-2011, 02:32 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
Jupiter. WTF up with that?
Yeah, what is up with that planet-sized storm that's been there forever? I mean, calm the **** down, Jupiter.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 04:20 PM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't believe nobody has mentioned North Korea.

It's mind boggling what control Kim has on that entire country.
1st graders learn anti America hate songs, there is absolutely no internet anywhere, every morning you MUST say a prayer for the great ruler and TV is nothing but governmental propaganda.
not to mention, thousands are dying from malnutrition.
They've instilled fear in the eyes of every citizen and I believe they've even closed up their borders entirely.
- PS, has anyone heard of the 'bloop signal'? It's over 10 times louder than anything ever recorded under water. Aliens living deep under water tweeks me the hell out.
Old 02-17-2011, 04:21 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I read a 25 page article(online pages) in the New Yorker today about Paul Haggis leaving Scientology and the movement in general.

Scientology truly boggles my mind.
Old 02-17-2011, 04:24 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I did not know what the "bloop signal" was so I googled it, mind boggled.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 04:33 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
I played the bloop on wikipedia and it gave me goosebumps. WTF

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 04:35 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The deep sea is crazy. There's so much down there that we know nothing about.
Old 02-17-2011, 04:42 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
The deep sea is crazy. There's so much down there that we know nothing about.
Yeah, the bloop signal thing is very cool. Also cool to think that some of the world's largest creatures live or spend lots of time very deep in the oceans. Who's to say there aren't giant, weird creatures further down or even at the deeper reaches we've explored but have only touched on a miniscule portion of the ocean?

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 04:53 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
Well, pretty much anything on a cable "news" network is opinion. As much as people want to pick on Fox News, the other big news networks are just as opinionated. People just watch which news network shares the same opinion that they do. I'll see if I can find the link, but I recently read some non-partisan studies that compared MSNBC and Fox and the consensus was that MSNBC was far more biased. In this day and age, you pretty much need to get your news from C-SPAN or certain places on the internet.
The major difference in Fox and MSNBC is in what they each call their "hard news." The Fox News commentators will say something, then their anchors will report it as such, "Some have been saying..." MSNBC doesn't do that. Rachel Maddow, Kieth Olbermann and the like are just as opinionated as Bill O'Reilly and Sean Hannity(I won't get into Glen Beck, he is just a hack interested solely in money.)

Personally, even though I am an avowed liberal, I truly dislike MSNBC(except for Rachel Maddow, she is brilliant, polite to guests, and readily admits her bias.)

There is no unbiased news source. No one is ever truly in the middle. You need to get your news from multiple sources if you want to get a true view of the subject.
Old 02-17-2011, 04:55 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ya, there is some freaky deaky stuff in the ocean.
Old 02-17-2011, 05:01 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not to be a total science nerd, but the sheer size of something like the universe and how small atoms/molecules are boggles my mind. That, and the concept of infinity.
Old 02-17-2011, 05:04 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiddler View Post
Not to be a total science nerd, but the sheer size of something like the universe and how small atoms/molecules are boggles my mind. That, and the concept of infinity.
The fact that atomic structure and galaxy structure are nearly identical boggles my ******* mind. What if our galaxy is just a tiny atom on some huge being?
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 05:08 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
Well, pretty much anything on a cable "news" network is opinion. As much as people want to pick on Fox News, the other big news networks are just as opinionated. People just watch which news network shares the same opinion that they do. I'll see if I can find the link, but I recently read some non-partisan studies that compared MSNBC and Fox and the consensus was that MSNBC was far more biased. In this day and age, you pretty much need to get your news from C-SPAN or certain places on the internet.
PBS, and BBC.
Old 02-17-2011, 05:11 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I did a project about this once. It was a "free topic" project, and it's just really freaky to listen.

There are more sounds like that though, here you go:

Bloop (not original, sped up 10x I think), under different sound filters.

Julia

Slow-down

Train

Whistle

Upsweep

Some people say these sounds are made by ice breaking off, or underground earthquakes/volcanoes, those types of things, but experts say they can't be. Most are sounds equal to or very similar to sounds produced by living organisms, only they are significantly louder than any living thing.

All of these (or at least most of these, I think) were recorded, simultaneously mind you, by different recorders, some being up to 5,000 km. away from each other. That's about the distance from Seattle to Orlando.

In any case, the truth is that we all know what's there, it's just that some people are afraid of him:

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 05:17 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's obviously Cloverfield.

Which means it's obviously Voltron.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 05:17 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post

Haha, reminded me of this:

Old 02-17-2011, 05:23 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just one example of how little we know about the sea.

Prehistoric shark caught on tape:

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 05:23 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My thoughts on Cthulu;

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 05:44 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
How an invention that held the potential to bring people closer together, improve the flow of information and provide new business opportunities for the world was instead used largely for the encouragement of sociopathic tendencies in the general population and pornography.

Boggles my mind.
Really? An environment that shields people from the direct social stigma attached to their depravity leads to depraved people being more likely to acknowledge and exhibit their depravity?

And the porn shouldn't surprise you at all, we've developed a lot of technology really fast, we haven't yet finished evolving to respond to how that technology has changed life for our species. So of course our more instinctual need to bang is flourishing in this growing technological landscape, that is in turn getting fueled by our massive love of ass.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 05:49 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
How people interact with one another.
To further expand on this, the way we develop into the people we currently are, how people react to different things, etc. is all very interesting to me.
Old 02-17-2011, 05:52 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Well, I don't think they'd all be appalled. Alexander Hamilton was the real framer of the US, and I'd say things worked out exactly the way he would have liked: an elite, ruling class, centralization in cities and urban areas, and a strong and overbearing federal government that is completely run by the banks.
that ******* Canadian

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 05:54 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
that ******* Canadian
Dont blame us for your troubles!
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 06:05 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Think about this...

On a number line, the numbers in either direction continue infinitely. But between the numbers 0 and 1 on the line, there are also an infinite amount of numbers.
The perimeter of any land mass is infinite if you measure it ever more precisely.

As for things that boggle my mind, fractals, they're awesome, make sense and just all around awesome.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 02-17-2011, 06:05 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Dont blame us for your troubles!
Why the **** not?

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-17-2011, 06:08 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The bloop signal is amazing. I really hope it turns out to be some Cloverfeild monster or T-Rex in a diving suit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 06:16 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Oh yeah, and the ******* kraken

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote: