Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > St. Louis Rams Team Forum

St. Louis Rams Team Forum Discuss the Rams

Old 10-16-2011, 10:09 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How bout dat Greg Salas boyyyy??!!! :)
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 12:36 PM    (permalink
rockio42
Pro Bowler

rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/71...ms-sources-say

per ESPN.com

HELL YES!

Check out my twitter @mrocchio42 and check out my radio show on wqqx1490am.com. I'm on every morning with Pro Football HoF voter and NFL regular season awards voter, Howard Balzer. It's always a blast from 9-11.
rockio42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 01:40 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great move by the Rams. Unfortunately, might be a bit late. But yay for our next door neighbor Cardinals! Interesting tho, this week the Cards played the Brewers and the Rams played the Packers. This week the Cards will be playing the Rangers and this week the Rams are playing the Cowboys.
Old 10-18-2011, 08:59 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lloyd is an okay player, largely mediocre until last year. IMO, he's a band aid on a wound that requires surgery. I was happy to see the Rams didn't overspend in draft compensation to get him, but I really hope his acquisition (and possible retention for beyond this season, should his contract be extended) doesn't convince this front office that we don't need any more improvements at WR. For the last two seasons, the Rams have worked under this mindset that if they make modest additions here and there to this group, it'll be enough. News flash, it hasn't been. This team needs to go big and get a major talent at the position. I really hope they don't view Brandon Lloyd as that guy.
Old 10-22-2011, 11:13 PM    (permalink
ArkyRamsFan
Veteran

ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sam has been ruled out for the game tomorrow. Great...is this year over yet?

I blame Spagnuolo for keeping him in the GB game and getting hurt on that last useless play of the game.

Hard to believe how much hope and excitement we had coming into this year....looks like we can start talking about the draft now.

Not much else to say....
ArkyRamsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 01:42 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ummmm, we suck!
Old 10-24-2011, 05:12 AM    (permalink
Beano
Rookie

Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Saints next week as well.

******* yay. 0-6 (I was going to put 0-7 as it's pretty much a given that we're going to lose next week) and playing football that the team from '09 would cringe at.
Beano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 12:19 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With all the talk of the "Suck for Luck" sweepstakes, I think you have to throw the idea around that the Rams could end up with the #1 pick next year. I don't think they will; it would be hard to see them not winning at least a couple of games out of the 4 they play against Seattle and Arizona. Indy is really bad, and Miami's back-end schedule looks as bad as the Rams' front-end was. But just for poops and chuckles, what do you think the Rams would do if they did get that pick?

Obviously they would want to trade down, but how easy would that be when everyone else knows that Bradford is their franchise QB? Miami is the team that really needs Luck, but would they give up the farm for him if they sat at #2 and they knew Landry Jones or one of the other top signal callers was there as well?

In the event that we were able to trade down and still have a top 5 pick, who would we really be targeting? The way we have played the run this year you would have to think DT. But we haven't been able to move the ball, either. Justin Blackmon would sure look nice in a Rams uniform. Corner is another area of serious concern, but I'm not sure there is a cover guy that is worthy of such a high pick this year. Any thoughts?
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 12:44 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Rams aren't just bad right now, they're pathetic.

Points per game: 9.3......New Orleans scored 62 points vs the Colts last week, the Rams have scored 56 points all season.

Rushing yards allowed per game: 183.8 .....worst in the league. The Colts are 2nd worse with 150.9 rushing yards allowed per game.
Old 10-26-2011, 08:13 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rams make yet another dumb move today by releasing Jabara Williams.

Williams was one of the most impressive players on the field for the Rams during preseason. I'd rather have him than half the linebackers on thw team right now........go Bill Devaney, I bet Jabara gets picked up by some team within the next three days.
Old 10-27-2011, 01:05 PM    (permalink
ArkyRamsFan
Veteran

ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Rams make yet another dumb move today by releasing Jabara Williams.

Williams was one of the most impressive players on the field for the Rams during preseason. I'd rather have him than half the linebackers on thw team right now........go Bill Devaney, I bet Jabara gets picked up by some team within the next three days.
^^^this^^^...Why the Rams would release Jabara Williams and keep a piece of **** like Ben Leber is beyond me. And who the *** is Brady Poppinga and does anybody really care?

And while I'm on my latest rant, why in the world is James Butler still a Ram? What has he done to stay on the team?

This franchise needs a complete overhaul (yet again) ASAP...
ArkyRamsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 01:57 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Anyone see Scott's latest Mock?

Has us taking a cornerback Morris Claiborne with the 3rd overall pick in the draft.

Players still on the board....

Alshon Jeffery WR
Justin Blackmon WR
Trent Richardson RB

Thoughts?
Old 10-28-2011, 06:41 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's tough for me to get behind any pick that isn't a WR at this point, simply because I think this team's need for a legitimate #1 target has been a glaring one for the better part of two seasons, and we're going on our third season now. Acquiring Lloyd was nice, but he shouldn't be the answer. He rarely has been in his career.

Having said that, Bradley Fletcher has now torn his ACL twice in his right knee, and Ron Bartell's goal after his neck injury is simply to play again. Both of these guys are free agents after 2012, and the Rams have nothing behind them in terms of quality depth, let alone potential starters. So I do think the CB position needs to be addressed at some point this offseason.

Looking at the mock, it appears that Stephon Gilmore and Chase Minnifield are not in the first round projection, assuming Scott included them in his list of projected available players. If that's the case, I think the Rams would be better served going WR in the first and grabbing one of them at the top of the second.

A combo of Blackmon/Jeffery in round one and then Gilmore/Minnifield in round two seems more appealing to me than Claiborne in rd1 and then Broyles/Toon/Jones in r2.
Old 10-29-2011, 04:54 AM    (permalink
Beano
Rookie

Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Imo, we have so many needs, that no 1 player in any position is going to fix the issues we have. Some of the holes we had during the off season are still there (OLB/WR) but when you look at the play so far and some contract situations going forward I think you seriously have to take a look at DT, C, T and CB as well, probably RB as well.

I tend not to watch much College ball until the season is over and I can really immerse myself into the draft, I was quite big on Floyd and Blackmon at various points of the last couple of years, but I haven't really looked at DT or CB so can't actually comment on any of those. Still a long way to go till the end of the year so will leave comments on potential picks until later.

I'm beginning to think we might need to work harder on the draft, because we don't seem to be able to get free agents that can come in and play at any level close to what they did prior to becoming Rams.
Old 10-29-2011, 10:10 AM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beano View Post
Imo, we have so many needs, that no 1 player in any position is going to fix the issues we have. Some of the holes we had during the off season are still there (OLB/WR) but when you look at the play so far and some contract situations going forward I think you seriously have to take a look at DT, C, T and CB as well, probably RB as well.

I tend not to watch much College ball until the season is over and I can really immerse myself into the draft, I was quite big on Floyd and Blackmon at various points of the last couple of years, but I haven't really looked at DT or CB so can't actually comment on any of those. Still a long way to go till the end of the year so will leave comments on potential picks until later.

I'm beginning to think we might need to work harder on the draft, because we don't seem to be able to get free agents that can come in and play at any level close to what they did prior to becoming Rams.
Personnel evaluation was one area where, for a season or two, Devaney really received some heavy praise from the fan base. Now, it seems like it's an area of criticism, and I think a fair amount of that is justified.

One of the reasons the Rams are where they are now is poor drafting in the early to mid 2000s. Devaney was brought in to help run the draft in 2008, and the only guys still on the roster from that class are Chris Long, Justin King, and Chris Chamberlain. One good starter in Long, but not a guy who has justified the second overall pick (and I say that as a guy who is a big fan of his). King is pretty awful, and Chamberlain is a situational player at best. Pretty poor results overall in that class.

In 2009, the Rams hit on Laurinaitis and Fletcher, though injuries are threatening Bradley's long-term viability with the Rams. Second overall pick Jason Smith has failed to become this team's left tackle and is a questionable starter at right tackle as well. The only other player still on the team from that class is Darelll Scott, a marginal back-up. Questionable results overall. In 2010, the Rams added Bradford and passed on Suh; those two will forever be compared through their careers. Saffold looked like a great pick when he wasn't required to hold his blocks very long in Shurmur's dink and dunk offense, but has regressed this year. Murphy and Hoomanawanui can't stay healthy, Gilyard is gone, and the Rams have a few back-up players from the mid to late rounds still on the roster though they haven't done much.

Regarding free agents, what was once considered by many Rams fans to be a good free agent class of 2011 isn't turning out so well. Quintin Mikell has been good and Harvey Dahl has been solid at times, but Sims-Walker was a big bust, Jerious Norwood doesn't see the field, Cadillac's biggest impacts have been two turnovers, Bannan and Poppinga haven't improved this team's run defense up front, Leber has been inactive the last two games, Zac Diles an Daniel Muir didn't even make the final roster, and Al Harris is only efficient when the field is shortened to less than 20-yards. In 2009, Jason Brown and James Butler were brought in to be impact free agents and have both disappointed. Who was the biggest free agent acquisition in 2010? Fred Robbins? He's certainly fallen off after one good season. Guys like Na'il Diggs and Hank Fraley were brought in that year and are no longer with the team.
Old 10-30-2011, 03:20 PM    (permalink
Beano
Rookie

Where the **** did that performance come from? The turn around from that guff against the Cowboys was huge.

Great, great game and we now sit with the expected 1-6 record I thought we would have at this point. :p
Old 10-30-2011, 03:24 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

Where the **** did that come from? We played good on pretty much all facets of the game. Jackson was a beast on offense, Long was a beast on defense, and we held Sproles in check on special teams. WTF was that. And usually when I say that its a negative thing, but this time its positive.
Old 10-30-2011, 03:36 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

I don't know where it came from, but I hope it stays around! Do I smell a 10-game winning streak, people? LET'S GO RAMS!!! :D
Old 10-30-2011, 04:50 PM    (permalink
Beano
Rookie

Next 4 games are huge for where this season goes. All 4 are more winnable than pretty much any game we've played so far.
Old 10-30-2011, 07:24 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGSeiler View Post
I don't know where it came from, but I hope it stays around! Do I smell a 10-game winning streak, people? LET'S GO RAMS!!! :D
St Louis cardinals still had that good luck with them, they shared it with the rams!
Old 10-30-2011, 09:12 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Man before the season started I thought even if we started out at 1-6 (no I didnt see this bad start coming) I still would of said we had a chance at the playoffs. 49ers are playing pretty damn good football right now.
Old 10-31-2011, 06:31 AM    (permalink
Beano
Rookie

I thought 1-6 was the smart money when I first saw the schedule but I didn't expect us to play as woefully as we did through the first 6 weeks. I also (rather optimistically imo) thought we would finish at 7-9, and genuinely believed that, that might be good enough to challenge for the West as well.

Trouble is the 9ers have blown that well out of the water.
Old 11-03-2011, 09:10 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Looks like it'll be a John Skelton vs AJ Feeley this week in Arizona. This month could be a great month for us if we don't play like absolute garbage. Arizona twice, Cleveland and Seattle. I know we're 1-6 so guaranteeing anything is a bit foolish, but we could realistically win 5 in a row.
Old 11-06-2011, 06:40 PM    (permalink
Beano
Rookie

I'm ******* raging.

That 2nd half was 2009 inept on offense, and then the special teams meltdown just capped it all off.

Hopefully Salas is OK, but right now I want to smack someone.
Old 11-06-2011, 07:17 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

**** this season. Its so ******* bad. What a major ******* disappointment. Fire the whole ******* team.