Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-22-2011, 08:48 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 View Post
I think I heard on the broadcast that Stenhouse's win was the 1st win for a non-Sprint cup driver since either May or March 2010.
Yeah, I think I heard them say March 2011 and I'm pretty sure it was Justin Allgaier at Bristol. I think we'll see Sorenson and Sadler go to victory lane this year as well.

There is a rumor that Edwards will not run N'wide full time next year so that will open up a lot more opportunities as well. Honestly, I'm a bit surprised that he and Brad K are running full time this year considering they can't win the championship. I guess they just love to race.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 12:35 PM    (permalink
Cunningham
Rookie

Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
Yeah, I think I heard them say March 2011 and I'm pretty sure it was Justin Allgaier at Bristol. I think we'll see Sorenson and Sadler go to victory lane this year as well.

There is a rumor that Edwards will not run N'wide full time next year so that will open up a lot more opportunities as well. Honestly, I'm a bit surprised that he and Brad K are running full time this year considering they can't win the championship. I guess they just love to race.
keselowski probably runs nationwide full time because he needs the confidence boosters, considering how piss poor he's been on the cup side
Old 05-24-2011, 08:47 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Recently spent the weekend in Mooresville, NC and my buddy took me up this road that seriously was all racing company headquarters. I was out at a restaurant the night before (also the night of some race at Charlotte) and was bothering this dude at the bar while the race was going on. He pretty much explained that NASCAR "kept the lights on in Mooresville". Needless to say, I didn't believe him, however, I was truly wrong and quite amazed by the spectacle I saw the next day. That said, the sport still ******* sucks in my opinion, but I'm not quite its demographic.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 12:54 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pretty crazy ending and once again Kevin harvick comes out of nowhere to win.

And NASCAR will do just about anything to put Junior in victory lane. Notice how they didn't throw a caution on that final restart.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-30-2011, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Cunningham
Rookie

Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Pretty crazy ending and once again Kevin harvick comes out of nowhere to win.

And NASCAR will do just about anything to put Junior in victory lane. Notice how they didn't throw a caution on that final restart.

hahahahaha!!!!
Old 05-31-2011, 12:11 AM    (permalink
Cunningham
Rookie

also, whose your driver(s), cane? i don't think that you've said
Old 05-31-2011, 07:41 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunningham View Post
also, whose your driver(s), cane? i don't think that you've said
Brian Vickers is my #1. Menard and Allmendinger would be 2 and 3. As you can see, not much to cheer about this year, haha.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-31-2011, 08:45 PM    (permalink
Cunningham
Rookie

Quote:
Brian Vickers is my #1. Menard and Allmendinger would be 2 and 3. As you can see, not much to cheer about this year, haha.
allmendinger has been pretty solid this year. what's his contract like? i thought he had a falling out with petty last year...could be wrong, though.
Old 05-31-2011, 08:54 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

I think Allmendinger has another year left on his contract. I know something went on between he and Petty last year but I don't know the story.

But yeah, I think he is pretty close to winning a race.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-20-2011, 12:44 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

The TNT race coverage is so bad.

In other news, it looks like Red Bull is leaving Nascar. Kahne is fine since he has a Hendrick ride next year but this is obviously not good for Vickers. There is really not many options out there.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-20-2011, 09:04 PM    (permalink
Cunningham
Rookie

Quote:
The TNT race coverage is so bad.
i was coming in here to post the same thing. the number of commercials is ridiculous, i don't remember tnt having so many in years past. it can really kill your experience watching a race. the announcers are really bad, also.

Quote:
In other news, it looks like Red Bull is leaving Nascar. Kahne is fine since he has a Hendrick ride next year but this is obviously not good for Vickers. There is really not many options out there.
bad news for vickers, and for cole whitt, who's shown some promise. does pastrana still plan on coming over next year?
Old 06-20-2011, 09:12 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Quote:
bad news for vickers, and for cole whitt, who's shown some promise. does pastrana still plan on coming over next year?
Pastrana is with Michael Waltrip Racing with Boost Mobile sponsorship so this doesn't effect him at all.

There are rumors that Red Bull Team manager Jay Frye and Mark Martin will buy the team and become a satelite Hendrick team similar to Stewart Haas Racing.

It will be interesting to see what happens to Vickers and Whitt though.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-25-2011, 09:05 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Pretty crazy ending in the Nationwide race at Road America. I'm glad that Reed Sorenson somehow pulled out the victory (my favorite N'wide driver) but I feel bad for Papis and Scott because Villeneuve is a dumbass. He is exciting to watch though, haha.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-25-2011, 10:14 PM    (permalink
Cunningham
Rookie

Quote:
Pretty crazy ending in the Nationwide race at Road America. I'm glad that Reed Sorenson somehow pulled out the victory (my favorite N'wide driver) but I feel bad for Papis and Scott because Villeneuve is a dumbass. He is exciting to watch though, haha.
the whole g-w-c sequence at the end was amazing to watch; mcdowell with the huge choke job, villeneuve pulling one of the stupidest moves i've seen in a while, steven wallace getting out of his car while the green was still out and being summoned to the nascar trailer as a result, allgaier making a premature victory speech to his crew, the whole fellows/sorenson debacle...and to think that whole sequence was set up by the scrub who brought out his third caution of the race...

going back to villeneuve, what a douche move that was. he was unapologetic after the race, too. it was good to see harvick call him out on twitter.
Old 06-25-2011, 10:19 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Quote:
the whole g-w-c sequence at the end was amazing to watch; mcdowell with the huge choke job, villeneuve pulling one of the stupidest moves i've seen in a while, steven wallace getting out of his car while the green was still out and being summoned to the nascar trailer as a result, allgaier making a premature victory speech to his crew, the whole fellows/sorenson debacle...and to think that whole sequence was set up by the scrub who brought out his third caution of the race...

going back to villeneuve, what a douche move that was. he was unapologetic after the race, too. it was good to see harvick call him out on twitter.
Couldn't have said all of that better myself.

Not Nascar but Marco Andretti (my favorite driver) won the Indycar race in Iowa and it was a great race. I just need Vickers or Menard to win at Sonoma and I'll complete the weekend sweep.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-25-2011, 10:27 PM    (permalink
Cunningham
Rookie

Quote:
Couldn't have said all of that better myself.

Not Nascar but Marco Andretti (my favorite driver) won the Indycar race in Iowa and it was a great race. I just need Vickers or Menard to win at Sonoma and I'll complete the weekend sweep.
i'm pretty excited for the race tomorrow (first race i'll be able to watch live in some time). ambrose will probably be the guy to beat, he's due as it is and has looked good so far this weekend. i'm curious to see if anyone will have their crosshairs on gordon after his rampage last year.
Old 06-25-2011, 10:36 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Quote:
i'm pretty excited for the race tomorrow (first race i'll be able to watch live in some time). ambrose will probably be the guy to beat, he's due as it is and has looked good so far this weekend. i'm curious to see if anyone will have their crosshairs on gordon after his rampage last year.
Yup, Ambrose is my pick to win. He just has to win one of these eventually. I think Jamie McMurray has a great shot to win as well. He always runs well at Sonoma and he's starting 2nd.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-26-2011, 05:22 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Congrats to Kurt Busch. The guy was absolutely dominant. And as always, a lot of aggresive driving especially at the end of the race. I'm just glad Vickers got his payback on Stewart.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-26-2011, 07:30 PM    (permalink
Cunningham
Rookie

another pretty entertaining race, a lot of unhappy campers at the end of the day. best part was montoya racing like a clown, you could see that coming from a mile away. it's pretty amazing how some of these former f1 guys come in on these road courses and race like that.

for the stewart/vickers situation, my main issue is that when tony originally dumped him, he took out a lot of other guys and tore up good equipment in the process. i don't think the two will carry it over into the future, but who knows.

i thought it was a great weekend of road racing overall. i'd love to see nascar cut out a few of the redundant/boring oval tracks and give those dates to places like road america and laguna seca. also, racebuddy on nascar.com is pretty sweet, not only being able to follow your driver through out the entire race, but to listen to the team's radio with the uncensored comments and strategy is cool as hell.
Old 06-30-2011, 11:43 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Is the racebuddy thing free? It sounds great and I'll definitely check it out if so.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-01-2011, 12:39 AM    (permalink
Cunningham
Rookie

Quote:
Is the racebuddy thing free? It sounds great and I'll definitely check it out if so.
yep, although last week i was only able to follow four drivers. i'm assuming they alternate between drivers each week. also, you end up not knowing what the hell is happening in the race, apart from what is said on the team radio.
Old 07-01-2011, 09:20 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

- Congrats to Joey Logano. He deserved that after pushing Busch to god knows how many wins.

- Danica did a great job as well. I really pulling for her but she and Aric made their move a little too early.

- This two car draft is really growing on me. The plate racing has been fantastic this year and I'm sure we'll get another great show on Saturday night.

- I gotta feel for Kevin Harvick and the guys at KHI. The cars were really fast but they managed to tear up 5 cars.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by Hurricanes25 : 07-01-2011 at 09:37 PM.
Old 07-01-2011, 09:36 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not sold on Danica being a competitive driver still. I am one of her biggest detractors but I will tip my cap to her. Restrictor plate racing may not be the "hardest" thing to do, however, she was aggressive and somewhat patient (which is the best you can be at Daytona/'Dega) for 98% of the race.

Cup race will be good.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 10:16 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Congrats to David Ragan. It's always cool to see a first time winner. This win is huge for him and could go a long ways into helping him keep that #6 ride.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-09-2011, 11:02 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Congrats to Kyle, I guess. It was just an incredibly boring race. The worst in a long time.

Sig by BoneKrusher