Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 02-20-2011, 08:36 PM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Muhammad Wilkerson, DT, Temple

I have seen Wilkerson climbing draft boards at a rocket pace.

All I know is that at 6'5" 305lbs. he looks like an elite athlete for the DT position.

What are the scouting reports on Wilkerson?

What is his best position?

JohnCandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 10:52 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he could play either 3-tech or 5-tech and be sucessful at that. Shane just mentioned him in his Under the Radar Before the Combine, but I am very much looking forward to Scott's scouting report on him. I still think he needs to add some strength, but his upside is just ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 11:06 PM    (permalink
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran

bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

His film is up and down. He's got amazing flashes and terrible moments against not so hot competition (MAC, army) being inflated into a late first rounder by the media but I live in Philly and first round is reachy. hes gonna have to work out like a beast to get there.

Why Me? The Bob Lamonta Story

bitonti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 11:26 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He shouldn't be drafted in the first round. If you're watching video of a guy playing about C-USA opponents and he's supposed to be a first-rounder, he needs to be blowing people up and getting consistent penetration, which Wilkerson doesn't appear to do.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 08:58 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calubflower View Post
He shouldn't be drafted in the first round. If you're watching video of a guy playing about C-USA opponents and he's supposed to be a first-rounder, he needs to be blowing people up and getting consistent penetration, which Wilkerson doesn't appear to do.
He played in a 2 gap defense so that's not something you're gonna see no matter who it is. I'm not really buying first round but he did have a fairly productive year (9.5 sacks) and has tools to succeed, as well as playing in a ton of different spots at Temple (3-4 end, 4-3 DT and DE and might have played over the center in some passing situations too but I'm not 100% sure about that one). I'd say his best fit right now would be as a 3-4 end because of his experience there and his length and athleticism. Reminds me of Kendall Langford a fair amount.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 09:35 AM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One of my favorite talents in this draft...0erfect for the Rex D. Only 3-4 DE prospects I like more are the Camerons....great frame for the position.
Old 02-21-2011, 01:11 PM    (permalink
MidwestJimmy
Veteran

MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wilkerson is a good prospect due to his knowledge of both the DT and 34E positions. At Temple he played tackle as a freshman and sophmore and as a junior he played the DT/34E combo spot (the same as Haloti Hgata does in Baltimore). I read a scouting report that says not only can he stop the run, he can also pass rush.
MidwestJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 01:53 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
He played in a 2 gap defense so that's not something you're gonna see no matter who it is. I'm not really buying first round but he did have a fairly productive year (9.5 sacks) and has tools to succeed, as well as playing in a ton of different spots at Temple (3-4 end, 4-3 DT and DE and might have played over the center in some passing situations too but I'm not 100% sure about that one). I'd say his best fit right now would be as a 3-4 end because of his experience there and his length and athleticism. Reminds me of Kendall Langford a fair amount.
He just doesn't look powerful enough to me. I mean, sure, he might put up the bench press numbers or whatever, but I see him getting stonewalled and held up by a single blocker pretty regularly. It's not like he's always double-teamed. And more than half of his sacks came in two games this year, those teams being Buffalo and Kent State...not exactly perennial winners. I dunno. Show me a clip of him really dominating a double-team, or even a single blocker, because I haven't seen it yet and at this point I don't think I'd spend a second rounder on him, much less a first. He passes the eyeball test with flying colors, but he's solidly in my "overrated" pile.
Old 02-21-2011, 03:57 PM    (permalink
Big Bird
Rookie

Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wilkerson gets stood up because he simply plays too high. He needs to work on that a lot. Quickness and burst are nice and he has solid tools, but the guy is quite raw. Doesn't belong in the 1st.
Big Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 04:09 PM    (permalink
CaneBang
Rookie

CaneBang wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.CaneBang wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.CaneBang wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.CaneBang wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.CaneBang wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.CaneBang wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.CaneBang wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.CaneBang wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.CaneBang wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.CaneBang wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.CaneBang wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I believe it will take him 2-3 years to be get it, but he's got the ability to be a monster at the next level. People put too much basis on immediate production today, but Wilkerson will be one of those players that finds his niche (and a good one at that) a couple years from now and will be a valuable asset to a team as a 2nd round pick.
CaneBang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 04:13 PM    (permalink
DBNYDP
Veteran

DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Raw. Great tools. Could be a stud in this league.
DBNYDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 04:41 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaneBang View Post
I believe it will take him 2-3 years to be get it, but he's got the ability to be a monster at the next level. People put too much basis on immediate production today, but Wilkerson will be one of those players that finds his niche (and a good one at that) a couple years from now and will be a valuable asset to a team as a 2nd round pick.
That they do.
Old 02-21-2011, 05:03 PM    (permalink
RealityCheck
All-Pro

RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calubflower View Post
Because DeMarcus Ware was God among mortal people at Troy, right?
RealityCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 07:18 PM    (permalink
DBNYDP
Veteran

DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Supposedly his sacks plus TFLs per game is the highest of any top 10 tackle this year. Better than Suh's or McCoy's. He plays for Temple so that obviously plays a role but it is still interesting.
DBNYDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 07:26 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealityCheck View Post
Because DeMarcus Ware was God among mortal people at Troy, right?
Because Mohammed Wilkerson is DeMarcus Ware, right?
Old 02-21-2011, 09:17 PM    (permalink
RealityCheck
All-Pro

RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No, you ain't getting it.

Ware was a solid player throughout his career in the Sun Belt and was a first round pick because of pre-draft workouts. Same thing happens with Wilkerson: small conference guy with an average career who skyrockets after workouts.
RealityCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 10:53 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think the film is nearly as bad as some are making it out to be. Inconsistent? Yeah. But bad? No. I was sort of low on Wilkerson coming into the process but the more I watch the more I'm finding things to like. I really need to sit back and take a bigger look at him and I'm interested to see how he works out, but first round isn't out of the question.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 11:33 PM    (permalink
ellsy82
Veteran

ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see him being athletic enough to be a 3-4 end. Looks like the perfect 4-3 defensive tackle to these eyes. Can play any interior spot. Stuff the run and collapse the pocket and look good doing it.
ellsy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 04:15 AM    (permalink
Duffman57
Veteran

Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think honestly, and people are going to laugh at me for this, but he will go to SD with the 18th pick, and i'm not sure if i like, or dislike it as a Charger fan TBH. I think he's going to be really good in the pros, but i'm unsure if he's a mid 1st round pick worthy. But it just seems like too good of a classic "AJ" pick, where its a bit of a reach, for a high character guy, who fills the need of the biggest hole the past year and, although may not be the best athlete, he's still a great football player with that mentality.
Duffman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 05:37 AM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman57 View Post
I think honestly, and people are going to laugh at me for this, but he will go to SD with the 18th pick, and i'm not sure if i like, or dislike it as a Charger fan TBH. I think he's going to be really good in the pros, but i'm unsure if he's a mid 1st round pick worthy. But it just seems like too good of a classic "AJ" pick, where its a bit of a reach, for a high character guy, who fills the need of the biggest hole the past year and, although may not be the best athlete, he's still a great football player with that mentality.
I agree with you, I could easily see Wilkerson going at 18 to San Diego
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 11:44 AM    (permalink
cajuncorey
Rookie

cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

really like him as a 3 tech defensive tackle
cajuncorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 12:21 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

Oh btw...Wilkerson is #9:

He's also from Linden, NJ...which is all of 3 towns away and a pretty fun place 3-4 years ago.

Guy has the frame to play his pro career at 6'5 315 or so which is ideal size for a 3-4 DL...
Old 02-22-2011, 08:47 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

would love the dude at 33 for the pats..... but like those above, i could see him going to SD at 18

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 09:15 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They change numbers in their junior or senior years usually. Single digits are meant for the TUFF guys.

I personally think he would do great as a 4-3 UT. As a penetrating DT he is great. I don't know how great he would do as a 3-4 end where he would have to stay at home and not attack as much. Even though he is listed big, he doesn't look it, he is not going to eat up space. I thought he best part about him was playing DT and letting him attack and get through the garbage. He wasn't really told to stay put and hold the point of attack. He has a great first step and would blow by or between guys. Its hard to see much film of guys getting their hand on him and how we works them off. There are times he does peel off the blocks well, but other times not so much. Great athleticism would be a waste if not put in the right situation, attacking 3-4 end or UT.
Initially I thought he would go as high as the 3rd round, I guess he left since he thought might as well strike while the iron is hot.