Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 03-22-2007, 05:08 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Scott's New Mock v2

Needless to say, I'm lovin' the Reggie Nelson pick!!!

Go Away Hamlin!!! I want Reggie!!!!
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 07:53 AM    (permalink
KILLERSANTA
Pro Bowler

KILLERSANTA hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Round 2 still sucks/Wrong!
Old 03-22-2007, 08:49 AM    (permalink
FinChase
Veteran

FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLERSANTA View Post
Yeah, whenever I see that, the mock loses credibility for me.
FinChase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 08:52 AM    (permalink
reigle9
Veteran

reigle9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'm with you D-Unit, 100%.

Every time a new mock comes out, I look at the second round first to see if Crosby is still there. :(
reigle9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 08:55 AM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

dpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I'm not trying to be a smart ass but does Scott know that we re-signed Gramatica to a 2 year deal? I'm pretty sure that would preclude us from drafting a kicker in the 2nd round. Furthermore, Jerry said emphatically after the Vanderjagt fiasco that he'd never spend big money on a kicker again and I think 2nd round would be considered big money for a kicker.

I love the Reggie Nelson pick though.
Old 03-22-2007, 11:57 AM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLERSANTA View Post
Thank you.
Old 03-22-2007, 12:00 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scott refuses to listen to reason. There is no excuse for that kind of bone-head projection.
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 12:30 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

robert_in_bigd hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
Scott refuses to listen to reason. There is no excuse for that kind of bone-head projection.
Bone head is a good choice. Stupid another. Jeez.
robert_in_bigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 03:19 PM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really had no idea that there were this many Gramatica fans out there.
Old 03-22-2007, 03:21 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac076 View Post
I really had no idea that there were this many Gramatica fans out there.
I cross my fingers on every kick. I'm definately not on his jock like some of the others. I think the main issue is spending a 2nd round pick on a kicker.
Old 03-22-2007, 03:52 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gramatica is average at best. I will say I was more confident in him than vanderjerk, but there is an obvious need for an upgrade
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 04:16 PM    (permalink
jetBLACK08

RoundONE pick is EXCELLENT w/ Nelson
RoundTWO pick is HORRIBLE I would rather take Q.Moses or Pitcock
RoundThree pick is good w/ Smith

Idk about you,but that first day is pretty dang impressive
Old 03-22-2007, 04:27 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like it. Nelson is an obvious excellent decision if we don't pick Hamlin up. Crosby is iffy, but I wouldn't kill myself as others would if we picked him. I would rather see Ikaika Alama-Francis Steve, Ray McDonald or maybe even a CB there though. Smith is soild.

Last edited by Paul : 03-22-2007 at 04:56 PM.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 04:53 PM    (permalink
mtmock
Rookie

mtmock needs more cowbell.

i say we draft a guy like medlock in r.5 or 6....he is there for the future and if gramatica cant play up to par...he is very accurate kicking 87% last year and 7-10 40 +...i woul like nelson but i dont know if he'll be there the giants might even take him...r.2 crosby isn't a great pick but i wouldnt throw a fit...we have more dier needs...r.3 smith is fine.

Dallas Cowboys 07-08 Superbowl CHAMPS!
mtmock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 05:32 PM    (permalink
BX
Veteran

BX hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Medlock would be a great value in the 6th. The guy looks good.. but then again, any draft-able kicker looks good.
Old 03-22-2007, 06:39 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Medlock sucks
Old 03-22-2007, 06:49 PM    (permalink
mtmock
Rookie

mtmock needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Medlock sucks
come on D-Unit stop actin like a kid

Dallas Cowboys 07-08 Superbowl CHAMPS!
mtmock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 07:41 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmock View Post
come on D-Unit stop actin like a kid
Kids make the best adults!

Metlock does suck however. Just because he won some ESPN contest, doesn't mean we should start riding his jock. He did nothing at UCLA and his combine was very mediocre.
Old 03-22-2007, 11:11 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just for the record we could bring in a kid like Crosby and not be hamstrung by signing Gramatica earlier...Gramatica signed for a min contract...I'm not to worry. I just wonder how true Jerry will be to his word on this one. I would be happy to see Crosby on our team...so I guess this pick doesn't upset me as much as some.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 11:27 PM    (permalink
BX
Veteran

But.. but.. the ESPN contest!
Old 03-23-2007, 08:30 AM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Kids make the best adults!

Metlock does suck however. Just because he won some ESPN contest, doesn't mean we should start riding his jock. He did nothing at UCLA and his combine was very mediocre.
He did win the Groza award. What else can a kicker do in college of note?
Old 03-23-2007, 09:52 AM    (permalink
BX
Veteran

You know, since we're talking about kickers, I just wanna address something that's been dogging me since Romo dropped the ball.

Martin Grammatica was in a position to block Babineaux when Romo started running. But he didn't. He barely made any contact whatsoever.

And I know what you guys are going to say. "He's a kicker, not a football player." And that's absolutely correct. But if Martin had any balls, he would have instantly launched himself at the nearest Seahawk when he saw that ball slip through Romo's fingers. Just attacked someone like a feral dog. Like Cujo.

That's what we need. We need a Cujo at kicker. Someone who isn't afraid to actually be a football player every once in a while.
Old 03-23-2007, 10:02 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BX View Post
You know, since we're talking about kickers, I just wanna address something that's been dogging me since Romo dropped the ball.

Martin Grammatica was in a position to block Babineaux when Romo started running. But he didn't. He barely made any contact whatsoever.

And I know what you guys are going to say. "He's a kicker, not a football player." And that's absolutely correct. But if Martin had any balls, he would have instantly launched himself at the nearest Seahawk when he saw that ball slip through Romo's fingers. Just attacked someone like a feral dog. Like Cujo.

That's what we need. We need a Cujo at kicker. Someone who isn't afraid to actually be a football player every once in a while.
Hardly any kickers would've made that block.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 10:14 AM    (permalink
BX
Veteran

He could have at least tried though. Aren't cut blocks legal?

Now that I think about it, it's hard for someone like me to imagine what it must take for a little guy like Martin to make a block on a huge guy like Jordan Barbineaux. I'm 6'7, 260 lbs, so I sometimes just forget that some folks are just way too small for that.
Old 03-23-2007, 10:37 AM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Actually a penalty would have been a god send...... Just take the penalty and re-kick.