Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

View Poll Results: Which?
Gabbert 1 2.56%
Locker 11 28.21%
Newton 5 12.82%
Mallett 1 2.56%
Ponder 10 25.64%
Kaepernick 7 17.95%
Dalton 1 2.56%
Stanzi 3 7.69%
Other (Specify) 0 0%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 02:38 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Which QB Do You Want?

I went with Ponder.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Old 02-27-2011, 03:02 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

IF it was down to a QB at number 7 for round one it has to be Locker maybe Newton depending on how coach-able he is but his combine throwing stuff didn't impress me much.I like Ponder or Stanzi in round 2 though if we go that route.
Old 02-27-2011, 03:40 PM    (permalink
ViperVisor
Pro Bowler

ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would go Newton.
Old 02-27-2011, 03:55 PM    (permalink
Milk Man
Rookie

Milk Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Milk Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Milk Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Milk Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Milk Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Milk Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Milk Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Milk Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Milk Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Milk Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Milk Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Love Ponder in the 2nd. He was my favorite QB coming into the season, but 7 is too high with his injury history. Locker is really the only guy id want to risk with the 7th pick.
Old 02-27-2011, 04:02 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I voted for Locker since he's the only QB that I have any interest in to begin with. Of course, for me to draft Locker at 7, Peterson, Prince, Green and Miller would all have to be taken in the top six which I dont see happening. Also, if free agency happens before the draft, we have to see if we acquire any QB via FA or trade.
Old 02-27-2011, 04:04 PM    (permalink
BandwagonPunditry
Rookie

BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Smarts, accuracy, athleticism, fits the WCO...got to be Ponder. (Reach at present though)

I'd steer well clear of Newton.
Old 02-27-2011, 04:32 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

my mistake, I shouldnt have said at 7, I meant at all.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Old 02-27-2011, 04:50 PM    (permalink
king2am
Veteran

king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I chose Newton because the choice 'Whatever one Harbaugh wants' wasn't available.

I have no work ethic questions about him, no competitive questions about him, no questions regarding his ceiling and his potential.

The questions I do have about him, are the same for everyone else in this class - so i'll take Cam.
Old 02-27-2011, 05:48 PM    (permalink
ninerfan
Pro Bowler

ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ponder but watching Kaepernick today he really intrigues me

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me
Old 02-27-2011, 08:48 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninerfan View Post
Ponder but watching Kaepernick today he really intrigues me
It was a laser show with the way Kaepernick throws the ball. I wouldn't mind Kaepernick in round 2 over Ponder and Dalton just due to his potential. If you are going to take a risk in that round go with the guy with the highest ceiling.
Old 02-27-2011, 10:17 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd take Stanzi or Ponder in round 2-3 than take any of the big 4 in the top 10.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Old 02-28-2011, 01:10 PM    (permalink
txparkes49x
Veteran

txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I picked SuperCam
Old 02-28-2011, 03:37 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Something I just realized by looking at the photo of Peterson in the post above mine, we have the 7th overall draft pick and he wore the same jersey number in college (7). And if you multiply 7x7, you get 49.

Coicidence??? I think not.

LMFAO!!!
Old 02-28-2011, 06:47 PM    (permalink
txparkes49x
Veteran

txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Something I just realized by looking at the photo of Peterson in the post above mine, we have the 7th overall draft pick and he wore the same jersey number in college (7). And if you multiply 7x7, you get 49.

LMFAO!!!
sig quoting that **** lol
Old 02-28-2011, 10:06 PM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post

LMFAO!!!
You mean like how BamBam wore 49 when he was at Ole Miss?
Old 02-28-2011, 10:28 PM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i honestly thought that Newton would shine throwing the ball at the combine, because it is just throwing balls that he can make easily in shorts, but I came away unimpressed. Just as I went into the National Championship game waiting to be blown away...

He can make all the throws, but his accuracy was all over the place.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:15 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd prefer Gabbert but not if it means missing out on Peterson or Miller.
Old 03-03-2011, 11:00 AM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ponder, definitely.
Old 03-03-2011, 11:17 AM    (permalink
FTRWRTR
Rookie

FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Living in GA, I get to see alot of FSU and christain ponder excite me. He reminds me of a former qb here at UGA, david green. Another guy who made a bunch of smart decisions and was accurate and productive in college, but a guy I felt would never be more than a backup as a pro. Ponder makes me feel the same way.
Old 03-06-2011, 10:19 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verloren View Post
You mean like how BamBam wore 49 when he was at Ole Miss?
Or how Stephen Paea hit 225 49 times? O_o

i chose ponder. By all accounts, it seems like he would be the best fit. Kaepernick can be an option too. Not at 7 for either of them.

Old 03-06-2011, 02:58 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Ponder is one of the best fits for the WCO but I believe Locker could be molded under Harbaugh as well to reach his potential. Neither are worth the 7th pick at this point but I don't see either of them being available after the mid 20's with teams in the early 2nd (who passed on QB in the first round) trading up to get them (or a team like Seattle taking one of them).

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Old 03-07-2011, 12:49 AM    (permalink
Milk Man
Rookie

Milk Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Milk Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Milk Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Milk Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Milk Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Milk Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Milk Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Milk Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Milk Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Milk Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Milk Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

McElroy is growing on me as a late round guy. He should be a solid backup, which we need, but maybe we luck out and get a good starter down the road.

Ponder in the 2nd and McElroy in the 5th/6th would be solid. Get a vet like Hasselbeck or Bulger for a year. Then Ponder takes over. If he can't stay healthy or just isn't good after a few seasons then see how McElroy has developed.
Old 03-07-2011, 04:16 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gabbert should be long gone when we pick so Ponder in the second. Most of the other top guys seem to have huge issues that make investing a first rounder a questionable risk at best.
Old 03-08-2011, 12:20 AM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabscuttle View Post
Gabbert should be long gone when we pick so Ponder in the second. Most of the other top guys seem to have huge issues that make investing a first rounder a questionable risk at best.
Not to mention the other players available who could also fit other needs on the team.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:02 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I could see Harbaugh taking a long look at Gabbert should he somehow fall to the Niners at 7; I just don't see that as a realistic scenario and no other QB has proven worthy of the 7th pick, especially with the other talent that should be available at that point.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Closed Thread