Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-22-2007, 03:48 PM    (permalink
TheGunShow
Rookie

TheGunShow hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
The LT thing actually happened.

No, I wouldn't. Not in this draft. This draft is stacked with talented OGs, and why should I give up a 1st for an OG at the latter end of his career when I can easily find a young talented OG that I can potentially have on my roster for much longer? Doesn't make sense.

Hutch is great, don't get me wrong. But its always better to go youth movement. Every GM in the league will tell you that.
Okay, Homer! I'm sure that really happened. Like Hines Ward went back in time to stop the JFK assassination. He blocked all three bullets with his smile. JFK's head exploded out of sure amazement. That really happened too.

So it's better to go with an unproven player over a proven commodity? See you keep saying a 30 year old guard is old. 2007 Pro Bowl. Alan Faneca(30), Will Shields(35), Brian Waters(30), Steve Hutchinson(29), Larry Allen(35), Ruben Brown(35).

Again, Faneca has five good years left.

Quote:
If the Steelers couldve gotten a 1st for Faneca, he wouldve been out the door along time ago.
Faneca was a first round pick. It just took him three years to become the pro bowl player he is today. And if we had the money I would be all for signing him to a long-term deal. But we are cash strapped. But no way you can let him leave for anything less than a top 45 pick. We'll get a 90 something pick if we let him leave next year and have one more year of his service.
Old 03-22-2007, 04:07 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Using the pro bowl argument for OL isn't very good because the same guys go every year. Shields and Allen were average at best, Brown was good and Hutch had a down year for his talent. I'd give up a first for Shawn Andrews, Chris Snee, Steinbach, Dielman, maybe a few other guys, but not Faneca.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 04:26 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hellooooooo Randy Moss!!!!
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 04:28 PM    (permalink
TheGunShow
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Using the pro bowl argument for OL isn't very good because the same guys go every year. Shields and Allen were average at best, Brown was good and Hutch had a down year for his talent. I'd give up a first for Shawn Andrews, Chris Snee, Steinbach, Dielman, maybe a few other guys, but not Faneca.
Just say no. Just say no. Crack is very bad. Oh, how many Pro Bowls do Snee, Andrews, Steinbach, Dielman have? Oh, that's right Pro Bowls don't count for anything. They give those to the crappy players. Mmmmm Hmmmm. Good intelligent argument!
Old 03-22-2007, 04:43 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGunShow View Post
Okay, Homer! I'm sure that really happened. Like Hines Ward went back in time to stop the JFK assassination. He blocked all three bullets with his smile. JFK's head exploded out of sure amazement. That really happened too.

So it's better to go with an unproven player over a proven commodity? See you keep saying a 30 year old guard is old. 2007 Pro Bowl. Alan Faneca(30), Will Shields(35), Brian Waters(30), Steve Hutchinson(29), Larry Allen(35), Ruben Brown(35).

Again, Faneca has five good years left.

Faneca was a first round pick. It just took him three years to become the pro bowl player he is today. And if we had the money I would be all for signing him to a long-term deal. But we are cash strapped. But no way you can let him leave for anything less than a top 45 pick. We'll get a 90 something pick if we let him leave next year and have one more year of his service.
Steeler homers could get real friggin annoying sometimes
Old 03-22-2007, 04:45 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
Homers in general.

This is enough, there is no way Faneca gets a first, unless someone is forced to trade at gunpoint. He is simply not worth it.

Also, the older you get, the easier it will be to get injured. To say over and over that he has at least 5 great years left is crazy. I say you could realistically hope for 3, and anything after that is bonus (assuming he doesn't retire).
Old 03-22-2007, 05:09 PM    (permalink
TheGunShow
Rookie

Quote:
Yeah, can you tell me about the time LT broke the land speed record on a bicycle that was missing its chain and the back tire.
Old 03-22-2007, 06:07 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, can you tell me about the time LT broke the land speed record on a bicycle that was missing its chain and the back tire.
You know, it would not surprise me at all if you looked like the guy in your sig.

And by the way, Im sure LT probably could do that. Didn't you hear? He was a manimal.

He also had the energy to end world hunger, but he used that energy pursuing other recreational activities such as smoking crack.
Old 03-22-2007, 07:10 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Just say no. Just say no. Crack is very bad. Oh, how many Pro Bowls do Snee, Andrews, Steinbach, Dielman have? Oh, that's right Pro Bowls don't count for anything. They give those to the crappy players. Mmmmm Hmmmm. Good intelligent argument!
You can take Shields, Allen and Faneca, I'll take Andrews Snee and Steinbach. Call me crazy. But I like guys who are still good apposed to being good a few years ago.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 07:14 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
You can take Shields, Allen and Faneca, I'll take Andrews Snee and Steinbach. Call me crazy. But I like guys who are still good apposed to being good a few years ago.
Replace Steinbach, with Logan Mankins, and I would be in complete agreement with you.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 07:35 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Word Mankins is a beast, I was surprised that he didn't go to the Pro Bowl this year.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 07:47 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
Word Mankins is a beast, I was surprised that he didn't go to the Pro Bowl this year.

The media needs everyone on that team to suck so Tom Brady can do it all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 08:09 PM    (permalink
steelernation77
Veteran

steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.

Quote:
Please you of all people should NEVER call anyone a homer.

That being said, I don't think Faneca will get a 1st round pick no matter if he is worth one or not.
steelernation77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 08:31 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

The Redskins are still kinda looking for a guard, but I think his price tag would be too much. We're more concerned on the defensive side of the ball and locking up Cooley for next year.
Old 03-22-2007, 11:04 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

IMO 30 is not that old for an offensive lineman. Their skills don't really deteriorate like some of the other skill positions so they can play a lot longer barring injury. 1st rounder, no way. 2nd rounder, possible. 3rd rounder and a mediocre player sounds like a better fit.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 02:33 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Faneca= 2 1st rounders+ a bad of chips!!!! he still could have 10 good years left

realisticly he has 3 more good years. a lot of probowls are based on reputation for linemen. i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 08:37 AM    (permalink
moc182
All-Pro

moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.

I think he's worth a 2nd, best guard in the league by a mile in my opinion.

"A real man makes his own luck." Billy Zane, Titanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmitt Smith
Donít quit, donít even quit.
moc182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 08:47 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelernation77 View Post
Please you of all people should NEVER call anyone a homer.

That being said, I don't think Faneca will get a 1st round pick no matter if he is worth one or not.
Am I that big of a homer? Maybe I should throw 1968 Giants > 1968 Steelers in my sig too.
Old 03-23-2007, 01:12 PM    (permalink
TheGunShow
Rookie

Anyone that says Faneca is worth less than a second is ********. Plain and simple. If the Steelers just allow him to play out his contract and leave for free agency the likely seven straight pro bowl OG Alan Faneca will blow any deal of any guard ever out of the water. Will make Hutchinson look like he's playing for peanuts. And the Steelers will EASILY get a third round pick for compensation. So why would they take a third for him when they could get one more year of PRO BOWL talent and then get their third round pick? Nope. If they would trade him they will not take less than fair market value. I say the bears first. Or the Cards second and switching third round picks and a 5th. Or the Seahawks second and next years third round picks. That's about where he is worth.
Old 03-23-2007, 01:57 PM    (permalink
crazyisme
Rookie

crazyisme hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
BWAHAHAHAHAHA! He's made SIX straight pro bowls! He's worth a first plus another first day pick based on games played and pro bowl performance next year. The Bears are in need of a OG. Maybe their first or Mark Anderson and a conditional pick next year.

A 4th? Really! Would you of traded Will Shields when he was 30 for a 4th?

what a great example of a fan completely overvaluing his own player

a first AND another first day pick, now THATS the real joke, consider your self lucky to get a first day pick for a 30 year old OG
crazyisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 02:12 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
Anyone that says Faneca is worth less than a second is ********. Plain and simple. If the Steelers just allow him to play out his contract and leave for free agency the likely seven straight pro bowl OG Alan Faneca will blow any deal of any guard ever out of the water. Will make Hutchinson look like he's playing for peanuts. And the Steelers will EASILY get a third round pick for compensation. So why would they take a third for him when they could get one more year of PRO BOWL talent and then get their third round pick? Nope. If they would trade him they will not take less than fair market value. I say the bears first. Or the Cards second and switching third round picks and a 5th. Or the Seahawks second and next years third round picks. That's about where he is worth.
At least you've backed off your "FIRST ROUNDER" bull.
Old 03-23-2007, 02:15 PM    (permalink
TheGunShow
Rookie

I never backed off the Bears would be a fair value for their first! Anything less than that we'd need a lot more to get value back.
Old 03-23-2007, 02:20 PM    (permalink
TheGunShow
Rookie

You know you guys are right. I think the Steelers should trade their 4th round pick and get Steve Hutchinson. If Faneca wants to leave let him it will only cost us a 4th to get a replacement.
Old 03-23-2007, 02:20 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
I never backed off the Bears would be a fair value for their first! Anything less than that we'd need a lot more to get value back.
A 30 year old guard will not get a first round pick in a draft this filled with OG talent. Chances are he wouldn't get first round value in any other draft. He may get second if you find a "win now" team with crappy OG's, but otherwise, take the third.
Old 03-23-2007, 02:25 PM    (permalink
TheGunShow
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogstomp View Post
A 30 year old guard will not get a first round pick in a draft this filled with OG talent. Chances are he wouldn't get first round value in any other draft. He may get second if you find a "win now" team with crappy OG's, but otherwise, take the third.
WE'D GET A THIRD IN COMPENSATION FROM THE LEAGUE!!!