Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2007, 05:35 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Hiding from Denzel
Posts: 39,758
Reputation: 3995941
draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

He will not get a 7 year $50+ when he is 31 years old. I love Faneca, he is the best OG in football, but he is 30 years old.
__________________

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 12:57 PM    (permalink
TheGunShow
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 282
Reputation: 11
TheGunShow hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Yes, he will!
__________________
TheGunShow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 02:11 PM    (permalink
MP123
Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 648
Reputation: -189
MP123 smells like sex panther.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
He will not get a 7 year $50+ when he is 31 years old. I love Faneca, he is the best OG in football, but he is 30 years old.
Exactly. (10 characters)
MP123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 04:39 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: South Side, Pittsburgh
Posts: 10,774
Reputation: 400484
Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

They won't trade Faneca. The Steelers will either resign him this offseason or let him play out his contract and let him go.
__________________

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 06:12 PM    (permalink
TheGunShow
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 282
Reputation: 11
TheGunShow hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP123 View Post
Exactly. (10 characters)
Yes, he will! Derrick Dockery, Eric Steinbach, Kris Dielman and Leonard Davis have yet to make a SINGLE pro bowl and look at their contracts! Oh, he's going to be 31 in 2008 so he won't?!? Yeah, because he'd only has atleast four more years of pro bowl skills left in the tank. Anyone with a brain would want a six time pro bowler over someone who may never even play good enough to make ONE.

This is so simple it just blows my mind that someone is so obtuse that they can't grasp it. Here you go. I'll explain it like I do when talking to a four year old.

6 Pro Bowls = Good
0 Pro Bowls = Not Good
__________________
TheGunShow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 09:30 PM    (permalink
MP123
Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 648
Reputation: -189
MP123 smells like sex panther.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGunShow View Post
Yes, he will! Derrick Dockery, Eric Steinbach, Kris Dielman and Leonard Davis have yet to make a SINGLE pro bowl and look at their contracts! Oh, he's going to be 31 in 2008 so he won't?!? Yeah, because he'd only has atleast four more years of pro bowl skills left in the tank. Anyone with a brain would want a six time pro bowler over someone who may never even play good enough to make ONE.

This is so simple it just blows my mind that someone is so obtuse that they can't grasp it. Here you go. I'll explain it like I do when talking to a four year old.

6 Pro Bowls = Good
0 Pro Bowls = Not Good
Of course somebody will want him. But, I'm gonna say this now, he will not get $50 million dollars. And yes, the reason he'll be 31 is why. He'll get a multi-year deal, but not anything near 7 years and $50 million.
MP123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 09:44 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Hiding from Denzel
Posts: 39,758
Reputation: 3995941
draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGunShow View Post
Yes, he will! Derrick Dockery, Eric Steinbach, Kris Dielman and Leonard Davis have yet to make a SINGLE pro bowl and look at their contracts! Oh, he's going to be 31 in 2008 so he won't?!? Yeah, because he'd only has atleast four more years of pro bowl skills left in the tank. Anyone with a brain would want a six time pro bowler over someone who may never even play good enough to make ONE.

This is so simple it just blows my mind that someone is so obtuse that they can't grasp it. Here you go. I'll explain it like I do when talking to a four year old.

6 Pro Bowls = Good
0 Pro Bowls = Not Good
Would you rather have him for the rest of his career or Shawn Andrews?
__________________

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 12:27 AM    (permalink
MP123
Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 648
Reputation: -189
MP123 smells like sex panther.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Would you rather have him for the rest of his career or Shawn Andrews?
I'll take Shawn Andrews over Alan Faneca anyday.
MP123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 12:58 AM    (permalink
Craigo
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 314
Reputation: 40
Craigo hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

He's the best player on that offence. They'd be stupid to get rid of him. Their offence wouldn't function without him.

Whoever said hes the best gaurd in the NFL is dead on. I think he's still worth a late first round pick.
__________________

Thanks jkpigskin!
Craigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 12:59 AM    (permalink
Craigo
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 314
Reputation: 40
Craigo hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP123 View Post
I'll take Shawn Andrews over Alan Faneca anyday.
Well its a good thing you arent an NFL GM. Matt Millen wouldnt even take that trade. Good gaurds last till their at least 36-37.
__________________

Thanks jkpigskin!
Craigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 01:38 AM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: KO-V>O-V
Posts: 14,841
Reputation: 1045649
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Hells no I wouldn't give a 1st up for him. Guards are the least important part of an O-Line. As long as you have two good tackles, you can get by with average guards. Look at the Colts. Sure, a great guard helps, but I would never throw tackle money at a guard. I would only trade a first for a young franchise left tackle. I'd give up a second rounder if my guards aren't even average, but I'm still picking late, but any other situation, a third.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 08:48 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 3,949
Reputation: 449621
wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

I wouldnt mind the Vikes giving up a 3rd for him, or some form of pick swap, say 2nd and 4th, to get him. That would be 4/5th of a line. That would be the 2 best OG's in the league and one of the top Cs and a good LT. It would be the foundation of the offense for about 5 years.

Cardinals makes the most sense though, they should still have capspace, they have the franchise QB, they have the WRs, they have the RB and they having nothing on the line. Faneca would be a good start, not mention the whole Whisenhunt thing.
__________________


Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 10:57 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Wallaceburg, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 12,411
Reputation: 332415
Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP123 View Post
Of course somebody will want him. But, I'm gonna say this now, he will not get $50 million dollars. And yes, the reason he'll be 31 is why. He'll get a multi-year deal, but not anything near 7 years and $50 million.
NFL contracts are only guaranteed for about 3 years and most of the stated money is backloaded and the player never sees it. He will easily command 7 years and 50 million but he'll only receive about 19 million of it.
teams had better get used to holdouts because after the money paid to FA's this offseason, there are going to be a lot of angry veterans looking for improved contracts come training camp. Teams that have signed a lot of FA's may find team chemistry a real serious problem when a veteran is playing beside that FA who is making twice what he is being paid. The signings of FA could really backfire on a lot of teams who don't have the money to satisfy their current veterans. It could get real ugly.
__________________
And proud of it!!!
Iamcanadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 12:44 PM    (permalink
TheGunShow
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 282
Reputation: 11
TheGunShow hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP123 View Post
I'll take Shawn Andrews over Alan Faneca anyday.
You are just showing your ignorance. Shawn Andrews has done what? Been injured one whole season and played good one season. I would take a known commodity in a Pro Bowl performance EVERY year over Shawn Andrews who has already shown he is injury proned. Oh, wait because Faneca is thirty he is more likely to be injured. Even though he has started every game over the last five years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigo View Post
He's the best player on that offence. They'd be stupid to get rid of him. Their offence wouldn't function without him.

Whoever said hes the best gaurd in the NFL is dead on. I think he's still worth a late first round pick.
Exactly. So much of the Steelers running game depends on Faneca being able to pull and get to the second level to spring the back. Just look at Willie Parkers Super Bowl record TD run. Who sprung him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigo View Post
Well its a good thing you arent an NFL GM. Matt Millen wouldnt even take that trade. Good gaurds last till their at least 36-37.
Don't try to tell him this. You can show all the pro bowl guards were 30+ except for Hutchinson who is 29 and he'll tell you how Pro Bowls don't mean anything. Bwahahahaha. Yeah, the worst players in the league get to go to the pro bowl. He thinks guards are like RB's and once they hit thirty they are finished!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
Hells no I wouldn't give a 1st up for him. Guards are the least important part of an O-Line. As long as you have two good tackles, you can get by with average guards. Look at the Colts. Sure, a great guard helps, but I would never throw tackle money at a guard. I would only trade a first for a young franchise left tackle. I'd give up a second rounder if my guards aren't even average, but I'm still picking late, but any other situation, a third.
Faneca played LT in 2003 and still made the pro bowl. He was the only bright spot on the o-line that season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
I wouldnt mind the Vikes giving up a 3rd for him, or some form of pick swap, say 2nd and 4th, to get him. That would be 4/5th of a line. That would be the 2 best OG's in the league and one of the top Cs and a good LT. It would be the foundation of the offense for about 5 years.

Cardinals makes the most sense though, they should still have capspace, they have the franchise QB, they have the WRs, they have the RB and they having nothing on the line. Faneca would be a good start, not mention the whole Whisenhunt thing.
No way does he leave via a third. No chance. If they traded to the Vikes they'd need their second, third, and a pick next year. It doesn't make any sense to trade him for a third when the Steelers could just let him play out his contract and still get a third!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
NFL contracts are only guaranteed for about 3 years and most of the stated money is backloaded and the player never sees it. He will easily command 7 years and 50 million but he'll only receive about 19 million of it.
teams had better get used to holdouts because after the money paid to FA's this offseason, there are going to be a lot of angry veterans looking for improved contracts come training camp. Teams that have signed a lot of FA's may find team chemistry a real serious problem when a veteran is playing beside that FA who is making twice what he is being paid. The signings of FA could really backfire on a lot of teams who don't have the money to satisfy their current veterans. It could get real ugly.
Yeah, I'm not saying he'll see the entire contract. But he has five good years left before his play falls off. So every team not just a win now team would be interested. Every team next year would be on a 4 year or less plan for the Super Bowl I doubt anyone builds for five years down the road because a coach only has 2-3 years to produce.

That being said with all the money thrown and second tier OG's like Dockery, Davis, Dielman and Steinbach when a true Pro Bowl caliber guard would hit the market with all the cap room teams have and still should have next year his deal would blow theirs out of the water! I think the only team that has a chance to sign him to a seven year 50 million dollar deal is the Steelers. And that's just because he probably would like to stay. Any other team would need to show him the money!
__________________
TheGunShow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 01:07 PM    (permalink
MP123
Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 648
Reputation: -189
MP123 smells like sex panther.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGunShow View Post
You are just showing your ignorance. Shawn Andrews has done what? Been injured one whole season and played good one season. I would take a known commodity in a Pro Bowl performance EVERY year over Shawn Andrews who has already shown he is injury proned. Oh, wait because Faneca is thirty he is more likely to be injured. Even though he has started every game over the last five years.



Exactly. So much of the Steelers running game depends on Faneca being able to pull and get to the second level to spring the back. Just look at Willie Parkers Super Bowl record TD run. Who sprung him!



Don't try to tell him this. You can show all the pro bowl guards were 30+ except for Hutchinson who is 29 and he'll tell you how Pro Bowls don't mean anything. Bwahahahaha. Yeah, the worst players in the league get to go to the pro bowl. He thinks guards are like RB's and once they hit thirty they are finished!



Faneca played LT in 2003 and still made the pro bowl. He was the only bright spot on the o-line that season.



No way does he leave via a third. No chance. If they traded to the Vikes they'd need their second, third, and a pick next year. It doesn't make any sense to trade him for a third when the Steelers could just let him play out his contract and still get a third!



Yeah, I'm not saying he'll see the entire contract. But he has five good years left before his play falls off. So every team not just a win now team would be interested. Every team next year would be on a 4 year or less plan for the Super Bowl I doubt anyone builds for five years down the road because a coach only has 2-3 years to produce.

That being said with all the money thrown and second tier OG's like Dockery, Davis, Dielman and Steinbach when a true Pro Bowl caliber guard would hit the market with all the cap room teams have and still should have next year his deal would blow theirs out of the water! I think the only team that has a chance to sign him to a seven year 50 million dollar deal is the Steelers. And that's just because he probably would like to stay. Any other team would need to show him the money!
When he wants $50 million, I'm sure the Steelers are gonna say goodbye. And btw, that's why they have something called the draft. Guards aren't hard to replace.
MP123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 01:14 PM    (permalink
TheGunShow
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 282
Reputation: 11
TheGunShow hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP123 View Post
When he wants $50 million, I'm sure the Steelers are gonna say goodbye. And btw, that's why they have something called the draft. Guards aren't hard to replace.
The Steelers have NO cap room. And after signing Mahen they probably don't even have enough to sign their draft picks. That would be the only reason he leaves. And if he does leave he WILL get a $50 PLUS million dollar deal.

Yeah, there's a reason why we have to draft. It is to replace guards. And tackles, and centers, and quarterbacks, and running backs, and tight ends, and wide receivers, and line backers, and defensive ends, and cornerbacks, and safeties, and defensive tackles, and full backs! Not just guards!
__________________
TheGunShow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 01:19 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Jersey
Posts: 29,395
Reputation: 4397441
bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Now I know why Shiver gets annoyed with Steeler homers.

(note: Im not talking about all steeler fans, just the homers)
__________________
bigbluedefense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 01:33 PM    (permalink
MP123
Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 648
Reputation: -189
MP123 smells like sex panther.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGunShow View Post
The Steelers have NO cap room. And after signing Mahen they probably don't even have enough to sign their draft picks. That would be the only reason he leaves. And if he does leave he WILL get a $50 PLUS million dollar deal.

Yeah, there's a reason why we have to draft. It is to replace guards. And tackles, and centers, and quarterbacks, and running backs, and tight ends, and wide receivers, and line backers, and defensive ends, and cornerbacks, and safeties, and defensive tackles, and full backs! Not just guards!
Your argument is lame. Now you say that the draft is to replace guards. So, Faneca must be replacable then.
MP123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 01:54 PM    (permalink
TheGunShow
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 282
Reputation: 11
TheGunShow hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Now I know why Shiver gets annoyed with Steeler homers.

(note: Im not talking about all steeler fans, just the homers)
Yeah, tell me again how LT counted to infinity... twice.

Fact- Alan Faneca is a six time pro bowler
Fact- Alan Faneca is in the prime of his career
Fact- Steinbach, Dielman, Dockery, and Davis aren't as good as Faneca
Fact- Steinbach, Dielman, Dockery, and Davis all got deals paying them about seven million a year

Now would it be safe to conclude with all these facts that if they are lesser players than Faneca and are making seven million a season that Faneca should get a contract that pays him more?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP123 View Post
Your argument is lame. Now you say that the draft is to replace guards. So, Faneca must be replacable then.
My argument is lame? Your argument was guards can be replaced in drafts. Well the draft is to replace ALL POSITIONS!!!! This is NFL draft 101... should you even be on this message board if you don't know that?
__________________
TheGunShow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 01:58 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Jersey
Posts: 29,395
Reputation: 4397441
bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGunShow View Post
Yeah, tell me again how LT counted to infinity... twice.

Fact- Alan Faneca is a six time pro bowler
Fact- Alan Faneca is in the prime of his career
Fact- Steinbach, Dielman, Dockery, and Davis aren't as good as Faneca
Fact- Steinbach, Dielman, Dockery, and Davis all got deals paying them about seven million a year

Now would it be safe to conclude with all these facts that if they are lesser players than Faneca and are making seven million a season that Faneca should get a contract that pays him more?



My argument is lame? Your argument was guards can be replaced in drafts. Well the draft is to replace ALL POSITIONS!!!! This is NFL draft 101... should you even be on this message board if you don't know that?

It was amazing. He had this focused look like he wasn't gonna be denied. He kept going and going, we didn't think it was possible, but then he finished and stared us all down. We were shocked. But wait, theres more.

He did it again. By the time he finished the 2nd time, the elderly in the room passed out in disbelief. It was an amazing sight to see I tell ya.
__________________
bigbluedefense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 02:00 PM    (permalink
TheGunShow
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 282
Reputation: 11
TheGunShow hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Okay, I'll try to explain this for the cognitively delayed. So to the people who believe a Pro Bowl guard isn't worth a first round pick. Alan Faneca was a first round pick. When they picked him the Steelers had no idea he would become a pro bowler. They hoped but as everyone knows the draft is not certain. So why would you trade a proven commodity that was a first round pick for a third when you will get a third for Compensatory picks anyways?

Does that make sense?
__________________
TheGunShow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 02:04 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Jersey
Posts: 29,395
Reputation: 4397441
bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGunShow View Post
Okay, I'll try to explain this for the cognitively delayed. So to the people who believe a Pro Bowl guard isn't worth a first round pick. Alan Faneca was a first round pick. When they picked him the Steelers had no idea he would become a pro bowler. They hoped but as everyone knows the draft is not certain. So why would you trade a proven commodity that was a first round pick for a third when you will get a third for Compensatory picks anyways?

Does that make sense?
Bottom line is this: Faneca is 30, that guard you draft is 22. I simply don't understnad why its so hard for you to comprehend that NFL players' skills diminish at the age of 30.

And at that age, health isn't guaranteed either. No one is gonna give up a 1st for a 30 year old guard. Just wait and see. I hope you like crow, because youre gonna eat alot of it when it doesn't happen.
__________________
bigbluedefense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 02:07 PM    (permalink
TheGunShow
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 282
Reputation: 11
TheGunShow hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
It was amazing. He had this focused look like he wasn't gonna be denied. He kept going and going, we didn't think it was possible, but then he finished and stared us all down. We were shocked. But wait, theres more.

He did it again. By the time he finished the 2nd time, the elderly in the room passed out in disbelief. It was an amazing sight to see I tell ya.
Mmmmm Hmmmm. While you may be able to kill 2 birds with one stone, LT can kill 475.
__________________
TheGunShow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 02:11 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Jersey
Posts: 29,395
Reputation: 4397441
bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGunShow View Post
Mmmmm Hmmmm. While you may be able to kill 2 birds with one stone, LT can kill 475.
Yup

Moses didn't split the sea either. LT just sacked it real hard, and the water went away.
__________________
bigbluedefense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 02:14 PM    (permalink
TheGunShow
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 282
Reputation: 11
TheGunShow hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Bottom line is this: Faneca is 30, that guard you draft is 22. I simply don't understnad why its so hard for you to comprehend that NFL players' skills diminish at the age of 30.

And at that age, health isn't guaranteed either. No one is gonna give up a 1st for a 30 year old guard. Just wait and see. I hope you like crow, because youre gonna eat alot of it when it doesn't happen.
Crackhead he is NOT repeat NOT a running back! O-linemen peak in their 30's. Look at Will Shields, Brian Waters, Larry Allen, Ruben Brown, Marr Birk, Jeff Saturday, Walter Jones, Flozell Adams, Tarik Glenn, Jonathan Ogden, Willie Anderson, ect...

All pro bowlers all in their 30's!
__________________
TheGunShow is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.