Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-25-2007, 02:21 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGunShow View Post
Crackhead he is NOT repeat NOT a running back! O-linemen peak in their 30's. Look at Will Shields, Brian Waters, Larry Allen, Ruben Brown, Marr Birk, Jeff Saturday, Walter Jones, Flozell Adams, Tarik Glenn, Jonathan Ogden, Willie Anderson, ect...

All pro bowlers all in their 30's!
Your football knowledge is very amateur. Those players were NOT in their primes when they were 30. They simply got recognition for their achievements at that age. It usually takes seniority for olinemen to make it to the pro bowl. There were several OGs this year that got snubbed even though they were clearly better. But seniority rules in the NFL when it comes to olinemen in the PB.

And if you think that PBs dictate who's good and who's not, then this topic isn't even worth debating with you. Because by that premise, clearly, Roy Williams must be a top 3 SS in the NFL right?
Old 03-25-2007, 02:26 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This thread is a great exercise in self restraint. anywho, listen. When you watch a game, on 95% of plays, nobody notices the O-Line unless they watch them, or there's a screwup. This leads to many offensive linemen making the pro bowl based off of reputation rather than their actual play. This also leads to a lack of young offensive linemen in the Pro Bowl, even if they deserve it over veterans. Yes, Faneca is one of the best guards in the NFL, and yes, he might have 5 good years left. But why not draft a guy with THIRTEEN good years left? Bottom line is NO TEAM will give up a first rounder for him. NOT ONE. So stop hoping.

And stop bringing up LT whenever BBD responds to your post. BBD never even said half this stuff and it's VERY obvious you're using it as a defense mechanism because you can't argue with him.
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 02:26 PM    (permalink
TheGunShow
Rookie

TheGunShow hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Your football knowledge is very amateur. Those players were NOT in their primes when they were 30. They simply got recognition for their achievements at that age. It usually takes seniority for olinemen to make it to the pro bowl. There were several OGs this year that got snubbed even though they were clearly better. But seniority rules in the NFL when it comes to olinemen in the PB.

And if you think that PBs dictate who's good and who's not, then this topic isn't even worth debating with you. Because by that premise, clearly, Roy Williams must be a top 3 SS in the NFL right?
Cleary they just hand those to undeserving players! What was I thinking!

Yeah, you must be right. The Steelers should just cut Faneca. We can trade our third round pick and get Steve Hutchinson and then trade our 4th round pick and get Brian Waters. They both are over the hill and only worth 3rd or 4th round picks!
Old 03-25-2007, 02:37 PM    (permalink
TheGunShow
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
This thread is a great exercise in self restraint. anywho, listen. When you watch a game, on 95% of plays, nobody notices the O-Line unless they watch them, or there's a screwup. This leads to many offensive linemen making the pro bowl based off of reputation rather than their actual play. This also leads to a lack of young offensive linemen in the Pro Bowl, even if they deserve it over veterans. Yes, Faneca is one of the best guards in the NFL, and yes, he might have 5 good years left. But why not draft a guy with THIRTEEN good years left? Bottom line is NO TEAM will give up a first rounder for him. NOT ONE. So stop hoping.
1/3 fans 1/3 media 1/3 coaches and players! The media and coaches and players have the best idea out of anyone who are the best players on the field! THEY VOTED FOR FANECA SIX STRAIGHT TIMES!

And why not draft a player that on average has 2 1/2 years in the league! You draft a player he could be a bust. Quite frankly ben Grubbs and Justin Blalock probably won't ever be the type of player that Faneca, Shields, or Hutchinson are. That's the odds! And even if you draft Ben Grubbs and he becomes a pro bowler, who is to say after four or five years when his contract is up that he doesn't leave via free agency? NO team is looking 13 years down the road!
Quote:
And stop bringing up LT whenever BBD responds to your post. BBD never even said half this stuff and it's VERY obvious you're using it as a defense mechanism because you can't argue with him.
Did I hurt your girlfriends feelings?

Do you notice when I use those ridiculous lines? When he starts calling people homers. He said and still believes that LT can stare a grown man down and make him cry! HE IS THE ULTIMATE HOMER!
Old 03-25-2007, 02:48 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGunShow
HE IS THE ULTIMATE HOMER!
Oh, the irony...

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 03:01 PM    (permalink
Phrost

Bring him to the Bucs. He is a perennial pro bowler that should hold down the left side when Davin Joesph will hold down the right.
Old 03-25-2007, 03:10 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
1/3 fans 1/3 media 1/3 coaches and players! The media and coaches and players have the best idea out of anyone who are the best players on the field! THEY VOTED FOR FANECA SIX STRAIGHT TIMES!

And why not draft a player that on average has 2 1/2 years in the league! You draft a player he could be a bust. Quite frankly ben Grubbs and Justin Blalock probably won't ever be the type of player that Faneca, Shields, or Hutchinson are. That's the odds! And even if you draft Ben Grubbs and he becomes a pro bowler, who is to say after four or five years when his contract is up that he doesn't leave via free agency? NO team is looking 13 years down the road!

Do you notice when I use those ridiculous lines? When he starts calling people homers. He said and still believes that LT can stare a grown man down and make him cry! HE IS THE ULTIMATE HOMER!
I didn't say he cried, don't exaggerate what I said. I stated that he backed down after trying to walk all tough. I don't get what was so far fetched about it. Carl Banks discussed it once on TV. If you have any recollection of LT, you wouldn't think this is so absurd.

But then again, youre probably a 12 year old kid who just learned how to use the internet, so I wouldn't be surprised.
Old 03-25-2007, 03:23 PM    (permalink
TheGunShow
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen View Post
Oh, the irony...
I use facts. Fact Alan Faneca is a six straight time pro bowler. Alan Faneca is in the prime of his career. Steinbach, Dielman, Dockery, and Davis aren't as good as Faneca. Steinbach, Dielman, Dockery, and Davis all got deals paying them about seven million a year.

Using those facts wouldn't it be an obvious conclusion that Faneca is worth more than those players?
Old 03-25-2007, 03:33 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Ha. There you go with those defense mechanisms again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
Old 03-25-2007, 03:46 PM    (permalink
TheGunShow
Rookie

Quote:
I didn't say he cried, don't exaggerate what I said. I stated that he backed down after trying to walk all tough. I don't get what was so far fetched about it. Carl Banks discussed it once on TV. If you have any recollection of LT, you wouldn't think this is so absurd.

But then again, youre probably a 12 year old kid who just learned how to use the internet, so I wouldn't be surprised.
Quote:
Theres a story that on media day in 86, LT and Tom Jackson both walked opposite ways in the hallway. And back then, Tom Jackson was a big bad dude, he wasn't the teddy bear Tom Jackson you see today.

Well, LT just looked at him hard, and apparantly Jackson was shook. LT just kept staring at him while Jackson walked away intimidated. Carl Banks spoke about it once.

They said in practice, LT would give that crazy stare, and everyone would just listen to him. No one would F with him, not even the linemen.
He's a grown man! Unless Tom Jackson has a vagina between his legs this story smells of BS! And anyone dumb enough to believe it is ********!

Quote:
Ha. There you go with those defense mechanisms again.
You're an idiot. You can try to say this is a defense mechanism. But no you truely are an idiot. So quit butting your head into something you know nothing about!
Old 03-25-2007, 03:56 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

I'll try to say this so you can understand.

Alan Faneca 30. Alan Faneca no play extremely valuable position. Alan Faneca being shopped by Steelers. If he not being shopped, Steelers might get high pick. But he is shopped, so value goes down.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-25-2007, 03:58 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Quote:
He's a grown man! Unless Tom Jackson has a vagina between his legs this story smells of BS! And anyone dumb enough to believe it is ********!
Go call your friend in your sig and go back to the time that happened. I want you to go try to intimidate Lawrence Taylor. We'll see if you walk away smiling.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-25-2007, 04:19 PM    (permalink
TheGunShow
Rookie

Quote:
I'll try to say this so you can understand.

Alan Faneca 30. Alan Faneca no play extremely valuable position. Alan Faneca being shopped by Steelers. If he not being shopped, Steelers might get high pick. But he is shopped, so value goes down.
He plays a position where average players are getting paid seven million dollars a year. That rivals WR and RB pay.

A back-up QB got traded for two second round picks and a third. A back-up. Now I understand OG isn't the prettiest position on the team. But it doesn' t mean it isn't valueable. As seen by the contracts that have been handed out. But unless a team like the Bears or Cardinals who both really need an OG don't come up with a top 45 pick and another first day pick he'll stay a Steeler for 2007. Now in 2008 he might leave via free agency. But we'll still end up with a third round pick from the league and have his services for one more year.

Quote:
Go call your friend in your sig and go back to the time that happened. I want you to go try to intimidate Lawrence Taylor. We'll see if you walk away smiling.
I probably wouldn't be able to intimidate Lawrence Taylor. And he wouldn't intimidate me. And if wouldn't be able to intimidate me I highly doubt he'd be able to intimidate Tom Jackson!

So I'm calling bullsh!t on that story!
Old 03-25-2007, 04:21 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You would crap yourself if LT got in your face.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 05:16 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
You would crap yourself if LT got in your face.
99% of the members of this board would.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-25-2007, 05:32 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
99% of the members of this board would.
I wouldn't. I would probably offer him some coke and we'd be cool.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 05:39 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Crackhead he is NOT repeat NOT a running back! O-linemen peak in their 30's. Look at Will Shields, Brian Waters, Larry Allen, Ruben Brown, Marr Birk, Jeff Saturday, Walter Jones, Flozell Adams, Tarik Glenn, Jonathan Ogden, Willie Anderson, ect...

All pro bowlers all in their 30's!
your a plank, an utter plank. seriously u have the worst football knowledge on this forum ever.

faneca is 30
he WILL be losing mobility
he WILL get injured easier
he WILL be slower
he WILL never be as good as he was when he was 27
he WILL get a big contract because of a money happy GM

you WONT get a first rounder for him

its quite simple really, fact is hes over the hill in the decline of his career, sure he has gone to the pro bowl 6 times, will shields has gone 11/12 times in his career and there is no way hes still one of the top 4 guards in the AFC, its his reputation

you really are an absolute idiot i cant actually believe the stuff uve said this thread, im ashamed u are allowed to post
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 05:54 PM    (permalink
crazyisme
Rookie

crazyisme hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

hey gun show, the bottom line is you arent going to get a kings ransom in the draft for a freaking 30 year old OG, especially if hes threatening to hold out...

theres just no way thats going to happen, if the Steelers trade him, you will probably get a first day pick, but no WAY would the steelers get multiple first day picks this year and next year and a freaking player

feneca is a great OG, true, but great OG's dont command that much value when teams can draft solid reliable good OG's in the 2nd or 3rd round anway...i mean look at this year...Grubbs/Blalock/Beekman/Ramirez...why would a team give the Steelers 3 picks and a player for an OG when they could draft one thats 7 years younger, a hell of a lot cheaper, and has the potential to be a great OG in their own right?

thats what you have to think about, if the steelers are set on trading feneca rather than paying him, the offers that they will see will not resemble any of the ones you have tossed out there...
crazyisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 06:32 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerCohen View Post
I wouldn't. I would probably offer him some coke and we'd be cool.

And if you had no coke?

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-25-2007, 09:56 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
WE'D GET A THIRD IN COMPENSATION FROM THE LEAGUE!!!
Maybe.

If he plays like crap, the team doesn't really have to give up anything else. It's called "security".
Old 03-25-2007, 11:00 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Steeler homers could get real friggin annoying sometimes
please dont group me in with this guy

i dont think any other steeler fan agrees with about anything he says
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 12:00 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Thing is, yeah you'd get a third in the league. But an astronomically late third that is untradeable. OR you can trade him for a third rounder, much earlier in the third, and potentially use that to trade up or something. And no, you can't just go out and offer a 4th for whoever you said and a third for Hutchinson. If the Steelers weren't actively shopping him, the only thing that might pry him from them could be a 1st or 2nd rounder. But the Steelers seem to need to dump him, which drives his value down to a third.

EDIT:Actually, you'd need to sign no UFAs if you want a third.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-26-2007, 12:16 AM    (permalink
B-Dawk
Veteran

B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

not to try and back this guy up or anything but 30 is not over the hill for a G, a RB yes, but not a guard

The way it is

GamerTag : GrubbyPaws (Halo 3, NCAA 09, Madden 09)
B-Dawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 12:59 AM    (permalink
excanuck

Quote:
If the Steelers weren't actively shopping him, the only thing that might pry him from them could be a 1st or 2nd rounder. But the Steelers seem to need to dump him, which drives his value down to a third.
but if acouple teams were in a bidding war for him then the value would not go down
Old 03-26-2007, 10:48 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehop05 View Post
please dont group me in with this guy

i dont think any other steeler fan agrees with about anything he says
Oh I know. Thats why I made it clear I was referring to homers and not real steelers fans.