Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 03-30-2011, 07:52 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
^
hope Wright is ok he's a heck of a competitior.

Most everyone was impressed with Locker's pro day, scripted as it was. Almost everyone except Charley Casserly and Mike Lombardi who are steadfast that Locker is nothing more than a 3rd or 4th round pick. I'm having a hard time understanding their claims that Gabbert is a top 5 pick and Locker somehow a bum, maybe it's me but put these guys out to pasture, the sooner the better.
Your right, they did scouting and decision making on the draft for pro teams, for years, for real, so their opinion isn't worth much, oh yeah, they check out their claims with their friends around the league who are GM's and pro scouts, but what does that matter.
If you want to say they aren't perfect, well then, I agree with you, but to say their opinions don't count seems foolish to me.

It is clear to me that Locker is dropping, he isn't accurate, pure and simple, and that is an extremely hard area to improve at after you are drafted. They questioned his leadership abilities, and why, say against Nebraska, a 1st round QB prospect would only complete his 1st pass in the 3rd quarter.
Of course as with Tebow last year, it just takes one decision maker to prove everybody wrong.
Old 03-30-2011, 07:54 PM    (permalink
TailbackU
Rookie

TailbackU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TailbackU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TailbackU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TailbackU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TailbackU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TailbackU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TailbackU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TailbackU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TailbackU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TailbackU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TailbackU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's some photos from USC's Pro Day: http://wearesc.com/extras/gallery.php?id=63

Tyron Smith looks so much bigger than when he was at SC.
TailbackU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 09:06 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
Your right, they did scouting and decision making on the draft for pro teams, for years, for real, so their opinion isn't worth much, oh yeah, they check out their claims with their friends around the league who are GM's and pro scouts, but what does that matter.
If you want to say they aren't perfect, well then, I agree with you, but to say their opinions don't count seems foolish to me.

It is clear to me that Locker is dropping, he isn't accurate, pure and simple, and that is an extremely hard area to improve at after you are drafted. They questioned his leadership abilities, and why, say against Nebraska, a 1st round QB prospect would only complete his 1st pass in the 3rd quarter.
Of course as with Tebow last year, it just takes one decision maker to prove everybody wrong.
Well Casserly doesnt have Locker or Newton going in the first round so yeah i'm saying he doesnt know what he's talking about.

As for Locker's accuracy problems he has improved in that dept. from the Senior Bowl to the combine to his pro day. I guess if you think someone can never improve in that area then i guess there is no sense even bothering with the whole process.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 09:30 PM    (permalink
jnew76
Pro Bowler

jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well Casserly doesnt have Locker or Newton going in the first round so yeah i'm saying he doesnt know what he's talking about.

As for Locker's accuracy problems he has improved in that dept. from the Senior Bowl to the combine to his pro day. I guess if you think someone can never improve in that area then i guess there is no sense even bothering with the whole process.
I agree with you, I have seen improvement in his accuracy this offseason... It does concern me that only one head coach, Carroll, was at the workout. With someone with so many questions to answer, I would have thought more would have attended.
Old 03-30-2011, 11:28 PM    (permalink
Master Exploder
Rookie

Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have to admit, I am one of those guys that never thought Jake Locker should be a 1st round pick... but I was thoroughly impressed with his pro-day. He threw very well and looked great doing it. I wish he would've thrown about 10 more passes though.
Master Exploder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 12:07 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnew76 View Post
I agree with you, I have seen improvement in his accuracy this offseason... It does concern me that only one head coach, Carroll, was at the workout. With someone with so many questions to answer, I would have thought more would have attended.

Shanahan was there 'in spirit'.
Old 03-31-2011, 11:37 AM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Todd McShay about Locker's pro day "it was against air, it was scripted." He is a retodd

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 12:54 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
USC offensive tackle Tyron Smith strengthened his draft status, reinforcing that he's the top offensive tackle prospect by running a 4.96 in the 40-yard dash during his pro pay workout Wednesday and bench pressing 225 pounds 31 times, according to a league source with knowledge of the situation.

Smith also excelled in positional drills.
Garrett was in attendance and Smith will meet with Dallas on Monday. Get Em'.

edit...already posted, but worth repeating.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 01:11 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Garrett was in attendance and Smith will meet with Dallas on Monday. Get Em'.

edit...already posted, but worth repeating.
Heard Ciskowski was there too. This is money in the bank. Can't wait.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 01:34 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
Todd McShay about Locker's pro day "it was against air, it was scripted." He is a retodd
Might as well just get rid of pro days. When guys that people like do well then it's "that should solidify them going early" then when it's guys that people dont care for it's "scripted and throwing against air". To be fair i think that McShay had Jake as his #2 QB but who knows if he's flip flopped on that.

It was what it was, a workout indoors with a lot of simple throws involved. Where it's relevant in Locker's case is some of those throws he was struggling with at the Senior Bowl, the fact that he's gotten better from then to the combine to the pro day i think is a factor.
Old 03-31-2011, 01:38 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Might as well just get rid of pro days. When guys that people like do well then it's "that should solidify them going early" then when it's guys that people dont care for it's "scripted and throwing against air". To be fair i think that McShay had Jake as his #2 QB but who knows if he's flip flopped on that.

It was what it was, a workout indoors with a lot of simple throws involved. Where it's relevant in Locker's case is some of those throws he was struggling with at the Senior Bowl, the fact that he's gotten better from then to the combine to the pro day i think is a factor.
How is Locker's accuracy on the deep ball?
Old 03-31-2011, 02:15 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
How is Locker's accuracy on the deep ball?
That and throwing on the run was never an issue. He overthrew a couple yesterday but they were nice 60 yarders just out of the reach of his receivers. If i were making excuses i'd say pro guys would have caught up to those balls but i wont make excuses.
Old 03-31-2011, 03:36 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
That and throwing on the run was never an issue. He overthrew a couple yesterday but they were nice 60 yarders just out of the reach of his receivers. If i were making excuses i'd say pro guys would have caught up to those balls but i wont make excuses.
Honest question. Do you think Locker has improved dramatically since the season ended?
Old 03-31-2011, 03:56 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Honest question. Do you think Locker has improved dramatically since the season ended?
Taking off my homer glasses i'd have to say yes and temper that by saying the combine and pro day arent game conditions. The knock at the senior bowl was he couldnt throw strikes consistantly. At the combine i thought he was much better and yesterday even though it was friendly conditions he was near perfect.

To me it looks like the earliest he might go is 8th to the Titans and the lowest 16th to the Jags.
Old 03-31-2011, 04:35 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Taking off my homer glasses i'd have to say yes and temper that by saying the combine and pro day arent game conditions. The knock at the senior bowl was he couldnt throw strikes consistantly. At the combine i thought he was much better and yesterday even though it was friendly conditions he was near perfect.

To me it looks like the earliest he might go is 8th to the Titans and the lowest 16th to the Jags.
I would agree that he's made progress... which makes me think Sarkisian really isn't as good a QB coach as hyped up to be. Because really, almost every supporter of him returning to school made that a main focal point for him making the right decision... that "another year under Sarkisian would do wonders for him"... when in actuality, that really wasn't the case as his disappointing season is undebatable. This is really more a knock on Sark than it is Locker.
Old 03-31-2011, 04:59 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There was a lot of talk on NFL Network that he wasn't as accurate as his completion % indicated. They seriously questioned his placement of the ball, there is more to passing than just having a uncovered WR catch a ball. At the next level, a QB has to be able to put the ball in specific places to get a real completion, and as I said, this is where they are questioning Locker's accuracy.
They also questioned why Locker threw mostly short and intermediate balls and shied away from the deep throws???
Almost to a man including Mora and another former NFL HC, said that if you are inaccurate in college, your chances of improving that skill significantly at the next level is extremely difficult.

Last edited by Iamcanadian : 03-31-2011 at 05:04 PM.
Iamcanadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 06:29 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
There was a lot of talk on NFL Network that he wasn't as accurate as his completion % indicated. They seriously questioned his placement of the ball, there is more to passing than just having a uncovered WR catch a ball. At the next level, a QB has to be able to put the ball in specific places to get a real completion, and as I said, this is where they are questioning Locker's accuracy.
They also questioned why Locker threw mostly short and intermediate balls and shied away from the deep throws???
Almost to a man including Mora and another former NFL HC, said that if you are inaccurate in college, your chances of improving that skill significantly at the next level is extremely difficult.
Sounds like you didnt watch the workout because i thought his ball placement was excellant. There were probably two balls that the receiver had to lay out for and ironically the two that hit the ground i thought were well thrown 60 yard passes that pro wrs would have caught. In total he was very accurate albeit with a lot of safe passes.

The thing with accuracy is first off you have to ask yourself why someone is inaccurate. If someone has time to throw and flat misses open receivers that is differant than someone with not a lot of time trying to throw to mediocre WRs. As i've pointed out before, Matt Stafford was a 55% passer before AJ Green showed up and Josh Freeman's completion % dropped quite a bit after Jordy Nelson left.

If you want to believe someone can never become more accurate with hard work then how did someone like Brett Favre ever make it from a 55% college passer to a 1st ballot HOFer.

As for NFLN they for the most part dont care for Locker or just parrot what Casserly and Lombardi say. I noticed Mayock (who has Locker as his #2 QB) wasnt at the pro day yesterday for Locker, he probably couldnt stand the thought of sitting next to him on the long plane ride to Seattle.
Old 03-31-2011, 08:00 PM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd take Locker over Mallett and Dalton.
probably something like;
1) Cam Newton-1st-Bengals
2) Blaine Gabbert-1st-Titans
3) Jake Locker-2nd-Cardinals
4) Colin Kaepernick-2nd-Redskins
5) Ryan Mallett-2nd-Vikings
6) Christian Ponder-2nd-49ers
7) Andy Dalton-3rd-Panthers
8) Ricky Stanzi-4th-Dolphins
9) Greg McElroy-6th-Ravens
10) Pat Devlin-6th-Bills

Last edited by GoRavens : 04-01-2011 at 06:24 AM.
GoRavens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 10:20 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Heard Quinn was in the high 4.5s at his pro day. Wow. Him and Bowers are like two ships passing in the night going in opposite directions.
Old 04-08-2011, 06:34 PM    (permalink
gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calubflower View Post
The guy breaks a lot of tackles. You can see the acceleration, too. I'm a bit intrigued.

Skip the first 1:15 and mute it.

Gambler , at 07:15 on 04/04/11, says:

Ryan Travis: The 6-3, 245-pound tight end from Massillon, Ohio is a consensus first-team NCAA Division II All-America for the second straight year. The only college football player in the country to catch at least 10 passes in every game this fall, Travis also was a Daktronics and Don Hansen All-America pick. He led the nation with 126 catches for 1,402 yards despite playing just a 10-game schedule. Travis’s 126 catches and 12.6 average per game each rank No. 2 all-time on the NCAA Division II single-season receiving list while his 15 TD catches tied the NCAA Division II single-season record for tight ends. His 285 career catches are the fifth-highest total for any NCAA Division II receiver in history. The converted running back is West Liberty’s career leader in catches (285), receiving yards (3,228) and receiving touchdowns (34).

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/gnews.php?id=703969#ixzz1IyfD5otm
Old 04-08-2011, 07:08 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
When is Notre Dame's Pro Day so I can know how well Darrin Walls does?
Quote:
Armando Allen
Vertical: 31.5”
Broad Jump: 10’
Bench Press: N/A
40-Yard dash: 4.58/4.59
Pro Agility: 4.12/4.15
3-Cone Drill: 7.10
60-Yard Shuttle:11.45/11.57

Robert Hughes
Vertical: 32”
Broad Jump: 9’4”
Bench Press: 26
40-Yard Dash: 4.89/4.89
Pro Agility: 4.66/4.69
3-Cone Drill: 7.26
60-Yard Shuttle: 12.14/12.13

Duval Kamara
Vertical: 32.5”
Broad Jump: 10’1”
Bench Press: 11
40-Yard Dash: 4.84/4.75
Pro Agility: 4.49/4.48
3-Cone Drill: 7.41
60-Yard Shuttle: 11.78/11.70

Kerry Neal
Vertical: 27.5”
Broad Jump: 9’3”
Bench Press: 24
40-Yard Dash: 5.17/5.15
Pro Agility: 4.60/4.54
3-Cone Drill: 7.43
60-Yard Shuttle: 12.41/-

Kyle Rudolph
Vertical: 34.5”
Broad Jump: 9’5”
Bench Press: 19
40-Yard Dash: 4.78/4.80
Pro Agility: 4.37/4.37
3-Cone Drill: 7.24
60-Yard Shuttle: 12.30/12.23

Brian Smith
Vertical: 30.5”
Broad Jump: 9’5”
Bench Press: 15
40-Yard Dash: 4.72/4.82
Pro Agility: 4.31/4.30
3-Cone Drill: 7.18
60-Yard Shuttle: 11.89/11.84

Chris Stewart
Vertical: 28”
Broad Jump: 7’8”
Bench Press: 24
40-Yard Dash: 5.57/5.58
Pro Agility: 4.92/4.90
3-Cone Drill 7.69
60-Yard Shuttle: -/-

Darrin Walls
Vertical: 28.5”
Broad Jump: 10’2”
Bench Press: 15
40-Yard Dash: 4.39/4.42
Pro Agility: 4.18/4.15
3-Cone Drill: 6.88
60-Yard Shuttle: 10.85/10.82

Ian Williams
Vertical: N/A
Broad Jump: N/A
Bench Press: N/A
40-Yard Dash: 5.10/5.20
Pro Agility: N/A
3-Cone Drill: 7.75
60-Yard Shuttle: N/A
good 40s for walls but a shocking vertical. Rudolph is clearly not fully back, he is way quicker than that

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 07:32 PM    (permalink
asdf1223
Veteran

asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does Armando Allen have any shot of being drafted?
Old 04-08-2011, 11:30 PM    (permalink
JhawkFitness
Rookie

JhawkFitness is a cocksman.JhawkFitness is a cocksman.JhawkFitness is a cocksman.JhawkFitness is a cocksman.JhawkFitness is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Oh Ballard can run for sure. He can really move and has great feet. He just isn't all that great at the point of attack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by herkyhawkeye View Post
Get someone to coach him up and let him loose. He was moved around a lot along the line at Iowa. Get him a set position and his numbers will jump. His strongest asset isnt his speed but his feet. He is very very fast for his size but his best attribute is that he is very nimble.

When I get back ill throw some pics up of the Iowa proday.

SI pro daytracker is saying both Clayborn and Ballard probably solidifed 1st round picks today. Both supposedly looked phenomenal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrathman View Post
The Jets are all over that.
Very good point about his quick feet, you can see his foot-speed in this video. Skip to 1:52 for the specific drill.

JhawkFitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 12:21 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Sounds like you didnt watch the workout because i thought his ball placement was excellant. There were probably two balls that the receiver had to lay out for and ironically the two that hit the ground i thought were well thrown 60 yard passes that pro wrs would have caught. In total he was very accurate albeit with a lot of safe passes.

The thing with accuracy is first off you have to ask yourself why someone is inaccurate. If someone has time to throw and flat misses open receivers that is differant than someone with not a lot of time trying to throw to mediocre WRs. As i've pointed out before, Matt Stafford was a 55% passer before AJ Green showed up and Josh Freeman's completion % dropped quite a bit after Jordy Nelson left.

If you want to believe someone can never become more accurate with hard work then how did someone like Brett Favre ever make it from a 55% college passer to a 1st ballot HOFer.

As for NFLN they for the most part dont care for Locker or just parrot what Casserly and Lombardi say. I noticed Mayock (who has Locker as his #2 QB) wasnt at the pro day yesterday for Locker, he probably couldnt stand the thought of sitting next to him on the long plane ride to Seattle.
Well, even Mayock has dropped Locker considerably on his latest rankings suggesting that he wasn't all that impressive at his pro day.
You can disagree about what the people on NFLN are saying about Locker all you want but in the end, their opinions are run past scouts and GM's all the time. Locker isn't improving his stock, he's dropping and is now a late 1st rounder at best.
Old 04-09-2011, 02:41 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdf1223 View Post
Does Armando Allen have any shot of being drafted?
a very small one but like I keep pushing with regards to demarco murray, an oft injured backup back is not something that has a good ring to it.

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote