Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 01-20-2012, 07:40 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going to list all of our off season roster guys and give you a lowdown on each, plus their chances on making the roster. It'll be up tonight.
Old 01-21-2012, 04:25 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

sooo jim caldwell looks like the man

i think this is perfect.. who better to take ben to the next level / prolong his career than the man behind peyton's success

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 05:12 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehop05 View Post
sooo jim caldwell looks like the man

i think this is perfect.. who better to take ben to the next level / prolong his career than the man behind peyton's success
Wasn't Tom Moore and Peyton Manning the most responsible for Peyton Manning's Success?

Honestly I don't know anything about Caldwell. Did he ever call the plays for Indy?

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 05:32 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where do you see that Caldwell is the man?
Old 01-21-2012, 06:02 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Yeah, i couldn't find that anywhere

Mike Tirico

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting
Old 01-21-2012, 06:17 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I heard that he's close friends with Tomlin, but haven't seen anything concrete, just that he's a candidate.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 06:18 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im hearing randy fitcher, not excited about promoting from within.

i want a big name, haley or billick or something lol. not really much to be excited about caldwell about
Old 01-21-2012, 06:57 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
im hearing randy fitcher, not excited about promoting from within.

i want a big name, haley or billick or something lol. not really much to be excited about caldwell about
I agree, his success was mostly due to Peyton Manning

Mike Tirico

Old 01-21-2012, 08:11 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i just had read from jim wexell's twitter account that caldwell was the odds on favorite to land it... sorry didnt mean to insinuate that he was def the guy

and im pretty sure he was peyton's qb coach

Old 01-21-2012, 08:18 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Yeah, I saw where Mike seen it now. He's meh, but since he and Tomlin are good friends, I can see it.
Old 01-21-2012, 08:24 PM    (permalink
CDub
Veteran

CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Billick has told several sources that he would be the most expensive OC in league history - essentially saying it's HC or don't bother contacting him.

They wanted to hire from within and Kirby Wilson was next in line prior to his unfortunate burning and what is expected to be a lengthy recovery.

At this point it's difficult to narrow down the search but Caldwell seems to me like he would run a similar system to what Arians ran but due to Manning's propensity to audible at the line it's difficult to say if he has a better knack for playcalling and feeling the rhythm of the game - in short - I'm not convinced he's an upgrade.
CDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 12:48 AM    (permalink
SCSteeler
Veteran

SCSteeler hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SCSteeler hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I feel like anything but Arians is an upgrade.

What do you guys think about the signing of qb Troy Smith, and wr Derrick Williams? Are they gonna just be bodies in camp, or do you see 'em adding anything to our team?

Last edited by SCSteeler : 01-22-2012 at 12:52 AM.
SCSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 04:26 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Camp bodies.
Old 01-22-2012, 09:46 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't be overly excited about Caldwell. Just doesn't seem like a very good fit to me, but you never know. He's not someone I'd complain about hiring though.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 10:45 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Camp bodies.
Troy Smith? Yes. Derrick Williams? I wouldn't jump that gun too quickly. If he can prove he can return kicks well, he'll make the team as that. We have three guarenteed spots at WR next year. He could use a few more guys.
Old 01-22-2012, 12:30 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

why didnt derrick williams play this year?

Old 01-23-2012, 09:04 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im surprised (not really i guess) that the steelers OC search isnt getting more attention, its such a huge opening for offensive coaches
Old 01-23-2012, 11:19 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
im surprised (not really i guess) that the steelers OC search isnt getting more attention, its such a huge opening for offensive coaches
I also think since we are looking for a run oriented coach it might be taking long than expected. Most guys now are all about the spread and trying to look like offensive genius.
Old 01-23-2012, 12:26 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

god i hope its not caldwell, talk about a commitment to mediocrity if they bring him in
Old 01-23-2012, 03:10 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Jason LaCanfora reported that it should be between Kugler and Fichner.
Old 01-23-2012, 03:15 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

both would piss me off a substantial amount
Old 01-23-2012, 06:51 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Jason LaCanfora reported that it should be between Kugler and Fichner.
Terrible.

Speechless.

Mike Tirico

Old 01-23-2012, 07:13 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Definitely not a fan of either.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 08:49 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

i mean i dont think i'd hate it because really they dont have any type of track record for me to hate..

but at the same time i would like someone with experience

having said all that i do *gasp* trust tomlins judgement in who he wants to hire.. he seems to have a pretty good feel for people and i think he knows what he wants

Old 01-23-2012, 08:51 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

now im just kind of thinking out loud but it would make sense to think that tomlin would pick someone who isnt really well known.. someone that he can kind of mold into what he wants

i know him and arian's ego clashed several times throughout their tenure together, i could see the same with todd haley who has been known to rub people the wrogn way with his arrogance