Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 02-06-2012, 01:03 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i could see that, thats really just assumtion right now on his stock rising and while i agree i this point in the process hes a second round guy.

dennard is a 2nd round guy and falling imo, so the list will vary because at one point he was a solid first rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 03:19 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Josh Chapman is also going to fall IMO.
Old 02-06-2012, 03:57 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reports coming out that we hired Haley.
Old 02-06-2012, 04:07 PM    (permalink
CDub
Veteran

CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea I just heard the same thing on 93.7 the Fan.
CDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Looks to be official.
Old 02-06-2012, 04:31 PM    (permalink
CDub
Veteran

CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, even though he certainly wasn't my favorite choice, I guess I'll reserve my judgement until I actually see what he can do with this squad and the weapons we have.

Part of me thinks that Haley will be on a short leash, especially if Kirby Wilson returns to health next year. I know for sure that Kirby was the guy that they originally wanted and his injuries forced them to scramble.
Old 02-06-2012, 08:45 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDub View Post
Well, even though he certainly wasn't my favorite choice, I guess I'll reserve my judgement until I actually see what he can do with this squad and the weapons we have.

Part of me thinks that Haley will be on a short leash, especially if Kirby Wilson returns to health next year. I know for sure that Kirby was the guy that they originally wanted and his injuries forced them to scramble.
its possible but haley certainly has more of a resume to fill our offensive coordinator job..

if tomlin can keep him in check and big ben doesnt pout about the forthcoming changes then im happy

oh and yeah if we dont suck

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 10:17 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i dont know why ben would pout, he runs a very heavy passing offense towards WRs especially

he was the right guy for the job, the steelers made the right choice and spoiled us a bit with a big name candidate, he was the best coach on the market imo. he had a rough go of it with cassel, charles, berry, and moeaki getting out for the year

that being said haley cant be worse than arians, but expectations are sky high for haley

Quote:
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.

Last edited by K Train : 02-06-2012 at 10:30 PM.
Old 02-06-2012, 10:55 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Haley adapts to his personnel, which I like.
Old 02-06-2012, 10:55 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently Quinton Coples' favorite team is the Steelers. :D

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 10:58 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
Apparently Quinton Coples' favorite team is the Steelers. :D
His motor runs too hot and cold for my liking. I'd pass on him.
Old 02-06-2012, 11:25 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

id take coples at 24 in a heartbeat

Quote:

The hell he won't, lol.
Old 02-07-2012, 12:04 PM    (permalink
CDub
Veteran

Saunders got suspended for the first 4 games next year - reason was not disclosed.
Old 02-07-2012, 12:38 PM    (permalink
Dan_Steele
Rookie

Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Reports coming out that we hired Haley.
Not a big fan of this hire, for several reasons. He is a bit too egomaniacal to really thrive in Pittsburgh. I don't want his head to be, "what can I do to be a head coach again." I want him to appreciate where he is and not to think about moving on as quick as possible by making us into the Lions offense. I like that he adapts to his personnel and I think he is a genius with the xs and os. I hope he and Ben can get along too.

That brings me to my next point. Ben and Arians were very close, according to reports I heard all season, Arians gave Ben much more say in the plays that were called this year, more than ever. Sometimes, it clearly backfired, and seemingly Tomlin and the staff got a bit frustrated. If this is a move to "take the offense back" from Roethlisberger, then I'm not filled with an overwhelming sense of confidence in Ben if he was this bad at calling his own plays, I though he had taken a huge step forward this year.

My hope is that Haley utilizes the weapons we have on offense. Minus the line, the Steelers have just as much talent in the skill positions as the Packers. Hopefully Haley makes the O even more dangerous than before.
Dan_Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 02:21 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDub View Post
Saunders got suspended for the first 4 games next year - reason was not disclosed.
Said that he broke the drug policy rule. Sucks. I was hoping for big things next season for him. With this, I wonder if the Steelers keep him around. I think he'd be too risky to let go and come back and haunt us.
Old 02-07-2012, 07:56 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LaMarr Woodley has agreed to restructure his contract, lowering his base salary to $700,000, the minimum.

This saves us a whopping $6.56 million. It's believed Timmons is next for a restructuring.

That is fantastic news, opens up a lot of space for us, far more than I thought we'd have right now. If we also restructure Timmons, and have Hampton and Ward take the big pay cuts, I could see us signing Wallace long-term before he hits FA.

Link:
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/02...012-cap-space/

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 02-07-2012, 08:16 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Plus the release of some dead weight and we could be under the cap real soon. I could see Ben, Harrison, and Troy getting restructured too. If that happens, we might be able to get some players via free agency.
Old 02-07-2012, 08:20 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love the hire for you guys. Love it! He adjusts his game plans for his personnel. I wouldnt put much in to this year since he was dealt a ****** hand, **** he was dealt a shitttty hand since being handcuffed to Cassel, a guy he wasnt that high on.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 08:20 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Plus the release of some dead weight and we could be under the cap real soon. I could see Ben, Harrison, and Troy getting restructured too. If that happens, we might be able to get some players via free agency.
Yup. Maybe some guys from Kansas City, get Todd Haley some of his boys. LeRon McClain is a guy I'd like to get. Finally have a good FB for a change.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 02-07-2012, 08:45 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Yeah, McClain would be awesome.
Old 02-07-2012, 09:26 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How are we so bad with the salary cap?

Restrcuting will just come back and bite us in the ass later.
Old 02-08-2012, 10:01 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

i think they are pretty ******* good with the cap...backloading woodley and timmons is not a bad thing, especially since they signed them last year

Quote:

The hell he won't, lol.
Old 02-08-2012, 10:13 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
i think they are pretty ******* good with the cap...backloading woodley and timmons is not a bad thing, especially since they signed them last year
No eagles are good with the cap. They signed some guys and Aso and still were under by 6 million.

Every year we seem to be pushing the cap limit or are over. We restructure to get under and then a year later or 2 we are back in the same situation. To be over by 20 million is crazy. We are the highest of all 32 teams to be over.
Old 02-08-2012, 04:04 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

We released Bryant McFadden and Arnaz Battle, saving about $3.5 million.

We've now saved $10 million with the moves we've made, about a third of what we need.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 02-08-2012, 04:30 PM    (permalink
CDub
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
No eagles are good with the cap. They signed some guys and Aso and still were under by 6 million.

Every year we seem to be pushing the cap limit or are over. We restructure to get under and then a year later or 2 we are back in the same situation. To be over by 20 million is crazy. We are the highest of all 32 teams to be over.

OK - sure we've had to scramble some every couple years to get back in line with the cap but can you tell me the last time that the Rooney's actually had to pay the luxury tax for being over the cap???? Or can you tell me the last time we cut a player to get under the cap and ended up regretting cutting that player??? (and no you can't use Rod Woodson or Chad Brown!!!)

If the cap is set at $120mil and you can put the best team possible on the field by spending $119,999,999.99 where's the problem!?!?!