Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 04-28-2011, 10:46 PM    (permalink
Phillysteeler
Rookie

Phillysteeler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phillysteeler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phillysteeler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phillysteeler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phillysteeler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phillysteeler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phillysteeler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phillysteeler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phillysteeler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phillysteeler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phillysteeler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also am I the only one that wants Greg Lloyd much later in the draft
Phillysteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 10:47 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
Excellent pick for the Steelers, so it's not one that I like ;). Oh well I'm happy we got Smith, I think all of the AFCN first round picks were good (Taylor being the worst, but still not bad).
I believe the Ravens had a solid pick. I really like Smith, but the dude just screams problems. I wish him luck, but I'd be scared if I were Raven fans.
Old 04-28-2011, 10:48 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think id still like dowling over williams, but a trade up for williams, dowling or brown would make me so happy...even harris actually

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 10:50 PM    (permalink
lance uppercut
Rookie

lance uppercut is a cocksman.lance uppercut is a cocksman.lance uppercut is a cocksman.lance uppercut is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
i think id still like dowling over williams, but a trade up for williams, dowling or brown would make me so happy...even harris actually
yeah, I'd be ok with a trade-up. I mean, there's not an OT prospect that's likely to be there in the late third round that we're going to go nuts over. but if harris is lingering mid-2nd, go get him. still not into aaron williams, just a gut feel that he won't pan out.

I think we might be able to stay put and land curtis.
lance uppercut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 10:51 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i sign off on this theory as well

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 10:53 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

marcus gilbert wouldnt hurt my feelings either

Quote:
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
Old 04-28-2011, 10:54 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lance uppercut View Post
yeah, I'd be ok with a trade-up. I mean, there's not an OT prospect that's likely to be there in the late third round that we're going to go nuts over. but if harris is lingering mid-2nd, go get him. still not into aaron williams, just a gut feel that he won't pan out.

I think we might be able to stay put and land curtis.
Meh, I think Williams would pan out a lot better in our system than Harris. I like Harris, but he is not a Pittsburgh Steeler cornerback.
Old 04-28-2011, 11:29 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Meh, I think Williams would pan out a lot better in our system than Harris. I like Harris, but he is not a Pittsburgh Steeler cornerback.
Harris is tough and gritty, but he's small, and that kind of worries me.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 11:37 PM    (permalink
tenorx
Rookie

tenorx could make a wolverine purr.tenorx could make a wolverine purr.tenorx could make a wolverine purr.tenorx could make a wolverine purr.tenorx could make a wolverine purr.tenorx could make a wolverine purr.

Man I'm so happy about this pick. Tomorrow I'd like to get Curtis Brown or Curtis Marsh, I really like those guys, just please no Ras-I.
"Not only is Polamalu the best player in the AFC North, but I feel he's the best defensive player in the entire NFL. No defender in the league combines world-class athleticism, smarts, fundamentals, natural football instincts and the knack for big plays better than Polamalu."
tenorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 11:48 PM    (permalink
lance uppercut
Rookie

lance uppercut is a cocksman.lance uppercut is a cocksman.lance uppercut is a cocksman.lance uppercut is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
I mean this with all respect, but I'm ready to change the definition of a Steelers CB. dating back through chad scott, we've had tall 'physical' corners who couldn't catch a cold and who routinely gave up short completions. the types that get eaten alive by Brady. honestly, I think this is why williams gives me so much pause. I've seen that movie.

Harris is short, but not unwilling to stick his nose in to support the run. most importantly, though not a pure ballhawk, he can actually cover. it doesn't matter, I think he will be long gone by the time we can get into striking distance tomorrow, but of the remaining CBs he's my #1. and even if he was, we'd probably draft buster skrine or cortez allen ahead of him :-)
lance uppercut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 01:19 AM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't know why, but I suddenly became a little worried that Mike might eventually lure Maurkice to play alongside him in Miami, which I'm pretty sure is their favorite team.

Hope it never, ever happens, and the opposite actually happens.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 04-29-2011, 03:49 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was really hoping the Chiefs would go with Heyward or Carimi there after the trade down, I really love the way the Steelers approach the draft. Build from the inside out as it should be. Good pick with Heyward.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 08:15 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

top potential steelers available to me: Aaron williams, rsai dowling, curtis brown, marcuse gilbert, rahim moore, ben ijalana, greg little

Quote:

The hell he won't, lol.
Old 04-29-2011, 08:20 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

I read that experts think Brandon Harris falls to 63. If he does, then that's a great spot to take him.
Old 04-29-2011, 09:38 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

i would like him there....prefer one of the other guys though

Quote:

The hell he won't, lol.
Old 04-29-2011, 10:24 AM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Long time no speak bros, been on vacation for a while...was on the journey back during the 1st round :(

Stoked that we landed Heyward though, definately not dissapointed with that :D

Also pretty excited about who might be there in round 2, some good players will be there for sure!
Old 04-29-2011, 10:40 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

heres a write up i did for steeleraddicts
Quote:
All along i have viewed Cameron Heyward as the best 3-4 Defensive End prospect in the draft. He is easily one of the top 10 senior prospects and would fall around 10-12 in my overall ratings. He has elite intangibles, bloodlines, size, and commitment to the game. At 6-5 nearly 300 pounds he has both the length and bulk to be a true master of the 5 tech position, one of the hardest positions to play in a 34 defense.

He fell in the draft to slot 31 because other potential 5 techs such as JJ Watt. Cam Jordan, and Muhummad Wilkerson made it somewhat rare class of 34 lineman. All of them are better pass rushers than Heyward, but we already have a player in that mold in hood. What the steelers got here is a replacement for Aaron smith, something i would never have confidence in hood to become. Hood does have better pass rushing skills that have him very well suited for Keisels spot on the right side, making this pick even more perfect.

As a rookie i dont expect him to be anything more than a rotational player by design, but you never know with Smith and Keisels injuries he may get a considerable amount of playing time. Heyward makes the secondary better by a considerable amount, so those of you too concerned with drafting a corner just think about this....a player that benefits from a true 5 tech on the LE spot is the LOLB, so i would expect woodley (or whoever) to truly be much better in this scenerio than if it were hood. Hood has the ability to penetrate and get pressure, Heyward has the ability to stonewall blockers, sustain blocks, and collapse the pocket.

Seriously, a good day to be a steeler fan, lets hope im this excited after rounds 2 and 3

Quote:

The hell he won't, lol.
Old 04-29-2011, 11:56 AM    (permalink
Pitt
Veteran

Pitt could make a wolverine purr.Pitt could make a wolverine purr.Pitt could make a wolverine purr.Pitt could make a wolverine purr.Pitt could make a wolverine purr.Pitt could make a wolverine purr.Pitt could make a wolverine purr.

Good writeup K Train. Let's hope you get to write about one of these 8 I want next.

1. Aaron Williams CB Texas
2. Brandon Harris CB Miami
3. Ras-I Dowling CB Virginia
4. Rahim Moore FS UCLA
5. Curtis Brown CB Texas
6. Ben Ijalana OT Villanova
7. Kenrick Ellis DT Hampton
8. Rodney Hudson OG Florida State
Pitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 12:03 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

my list of hopefuls is real similar

1. Ras-i dowling
2. Aaron williams
3. Curtis Brown
4. Ben Ijalana
5. Greg Little
6. Ben ijalana
7. marcus Gilbert
8. Kendrick Ellis (doubt it but would be incredible)
9. Brandon harris
10. Quinton Cater
11. Rahim Moore
12. Lance kendricks

any of thesse guys steelers today im a happy man

Quote:

The hell he won't, lol.
Old 04-29-2011, 12:21 PM    (permalink
SCSteeler
Veteran

SCSteeler hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SCSteeler hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
heres a write up i did for steeleraddicts
"Hood does have better pass rushing skills that have him very well suited for Keisels spot on the right side, making this pick even more perfect."

Did you just say something nice about Hood!!!!!! LOL
Old 04-29-2011, 12:53 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

scary right?

hoods deficiencies no longer matter to me, we drafted his replacement :-)

jk but my outlook on hoods future just took a turn for the better

Quote:

The hell he won't, lol.
Old 04-29-2011, 01:17 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
my list of hopefuls is real similar

1. Ras-i dowling
2. Aaron williams
3. Curtis Brown
4. Ben Ijalana
5. Greg Little
6. Ben ijalana
7. marcus Gilbert
8. Kendrick Ellis (doubt it but would be incredible)
9. Brandon harris
10. Quinton Cater
11. Rahim Moore
12. Lance kendricks

any of thesse guys steelers today im a happy man
You want Ijalana so much that you listed him twice. :)
Old 04-29-2011, 01:18 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

first one is ijalana as a RG, second one is ijalana as a RT.

lol

Quote:

The hell he won't, lol.
Old 04-29-2011, 03:08 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Live press conference with Cameron Heyward on Steelers.com right now.

Says he wanted to become a Steeler, it was his #1 team, and he seems like a genuinely nice and intelligent guy.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 04-29-2011, 05:11 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Fffuuuuu, there goes Dowling.

Props to clover_jeez!