Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 02-26-2012, 04:48 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
Scouts are paid as much to come up with reasons "not to draft this guy" than anything else. Anybody who has watched a college football game in the past year can tell you that Cam Newton is talented, that doesn't take much in the way of critical analysis. It's a symptom of the "draft as entertainment" business that we try to make the best of everybody, since that way we drum up excitement and we can get people to come on our shows if we've been nice to them. Scouts have no reason to be nice, in fact they probably shouldn't be nice since most of the 255 guys drafted anyway won't even manage to be average.
Scouts are paid to paint as accurate of a picture of a person as possible and it is up to the GM to decide how to rank them.
Old 02-26-2012, 10:47 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Andrew Luck*, QB, Stanford: 6-4, 234. "He's the best I've done (scouted)," said one scout with almost two decades of experience in personnel. "He's got it all and can do it all. He has no flaws. Smart. Winner. Productive. Decisions. Runs the offense. Got nobody playing with him. The receivers were 5-9 and run 4.8.
Or over 6' and run a 4.31
Old 02-26-2012, 11:03 AM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
LOL! #thingsscoutssay
Leon Sandcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 11:16 AM    (permalink
McGahee
Rookie

McGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Leader View Post
Scout's quotes 2012: Courtney Upshaw, OLB, Alabama: 6-1, 272. Projects as an OLB in a 3-4 or a strong-side LB in a 4-3. "The only reason Upshaw could go ahead of Ingram is because Upshaw actually played up and down and Ingram played all over the place," one scout said. "I don't think Upshaw was really outstanding in the Senior Bowl. I thought he was just ordinary. He's very physical, but he gets cut a lot. That's because he's stiff." Two-year starter with 16 sacks. "(People) think he's Cornelius Bennett and he's not," another scout said. "He's a good, tough, nasty college football player that I think will get blocked a lot in the NFL." Scored just 9 on the 50-question Wonderlic intelligence test. "He's just a tough (expletive)," a third scout said. "He's really not a burn the edge guy. He is not fast. He's built like a fire hydrant. Maybe a 3-4 team will take him in the first."
Damn, Upshaw
McGahee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 11:24 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Fletcher Cox*, DT, Mississippi State: 6-4, 298. Started two of his three seasons, finishing with 8 sacks. "He's probably a pure 4-3 DT who can give you reps at DE," one scout said. "He's got the athletic ability to be a better pass rusher in the future than his numbers have indicated so far." Nicknamed "The Beast." Said another scout: "Guy can run all day. He's explosive, strong hands, good hips. He's country. He's hard. He looooves football."
Cox is probably my favorite front-seven prospect.

And this article is a must-read. Awesome, awesome stuff. Really gives you some insight into the character of some guys and how much emphasis the scouts place on personality.

And the CB notes were very helpful - these guys have the all-11 film that we don't.

I was in agreement with most of the DL and LB quotes, except I like Upshaw more than the scouts they quoted.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 12:34 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Vinny Curry, DE-OLB, Marshall: 6-3, 266.Three-year starter with 26 sacks. "Very, very talented football player," one scout said. "He may have a chance to stand up and be an outside linebacker. He's tough. The guy plays hard." Moved around rather well at the Senior Bowl when the coaches gave him a chance to play standing up.
Man I hope Curry runs something stupid like a 4.5 tomorrow...everybody likes him and nobody wants to throw him in the first round.
Old 02-26-2012, 12:58 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Matt Kalil*, T, Southern California: 6-6, 306. Two-year starter at LT. "He could be the second or third pick in the draft," one scout said. "He is very technically sound. Very athletic. He will need a little bit of strength in his lower body. He's an effortless pass blocker. He's not going to blow you away with power, but he's so good at just gaining position with quickness and just sustaining." His brother, Ryan, played for the Trojans and now plays for Carolina, where he is the NFL's highest-paid center. "I think he's overrated," another scout said. "I felt the same way about Sam Baker when he came out of there, too. He's like (Bryan) Bulaga but not as good. Bulaga is tough and strong and all that. This guy is not even strong. I don't know what the deal is with all these people saying how great he is."
This quote and the one about RG3 having nothing you look for in a QB gave me a good laugh.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 01:16 PM    (permalink
lowlife
Veteran

lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I bet it's the same guy saying all the neg ****. The Russian judge, if you will.
lowlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 01:29 PM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
I would LOVE to know what team he works for, but he's probably a freelancer.
In terms of "guys with impeccable sources" in the draft business your two bets are pretty much Gil Brandt and Bob McGinn. I have no doubt that he found an actual NFL scout who's down on Griffin. I mean, actual NFL scouts are wrong all the time, so it's not surprising when you find one who hates or loves a given prospect.

I mean, teams employ a bunch of scouts, and because a bunch of different perspectives are appreciated you tend to select for people predisposed to strong opinions.

Also, the guy praising Bulaga is hilarious in retrospect considering the number of quotes from scouts that McGinn dredged in 2010 up just ripping Bulaga.

Last edited by PossibleCabbage : 02-26-2012 at 01:41 PM.
PossibleCabbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 01:36 PM    (permalink
dannyz
Veteran

dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
This quote and the one about RG3 having nothing you look for in a QB gave me a good laugh.
Yeah plus the one about Andrew Luck, I think he got him confused with Tim Tebow on that one.
dannyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 01:47 PM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was amused by:

On Coples: "He will go in the first, but he scares me. There's a lot of things that I don't trust about those (North Carolina) guys."

On Zach Brown: "Can run like the wind. Underachiever. Those guys shut it down this year. Those guys are treated with kid gloves down there."

On Brandon Thompson: "Those Clemson guys don't translate to the NFL very good,... They just don't play well in the NFL."

On Andre Branch: "Clemson always (expletive) me up,... I don't trust those guys there."

I wonder how many different people supplied these quotes.
Old 02-26-2012, 01:48 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LOL^

The funniest thing is that all of that is true. Historically, Clemson and NC guys are ******* scary.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 02:24 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

unc has a ton of busts but they at least have had nicks and peppers (although peppers being a lazy m fer is pretty consistent with their rep)

clemson has brian dawkins...and...uh...jacoby ford?
Old 02-26-2012, 02:40 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post
unc has a ton of busts but they at least have had nicks and peppers (although peppers being a lazy m fer is pretty consistent with their rep)

clemson has brian dawkins...and...uh...jacoby ford?
If I was a GM you couldn't pay me to take Clemson player.

That said, Andre Branch isnt very liked there because he's a meany poo head or something. So I actually like him better than your typical Clemson player.
Old 02-26-2012, 02:54 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post

That said, Andre Branch isnt very liked there because he's a meany poo head or something. So I actually like him better than your typical Clemson player.
Sammy may soon put that too rest for a year at least
Old 02-26-2012, 03:21 PM    (permalink
dhp318
Rookie

dhp318 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
owusu barely played because of concussion issues. But you knew that, didn't you?
dhp318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 12:07 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhp318 View Post
owusu barely played because of concussion issues. But you knew that, didn't you?
Chris Owusu played in 28 of Andrew Luck's 38 games. Most assuredly, Andrew Luck didn't have the most amount of explosive offensive athletes of any BCS QB, but the thought that he didn't have hardly any support from his teammates is more than a bit short-sighted.

Of course he didn't have any "top" WR talent, but he did have the help of players like Toby Gerhart, Doug Baldwin, Coby Fleener, David DeCastro, Johnathan Martin, etc, to help him succeed. It also didn't hurt that he had the efficient offensive philosophy that Harbaugh brought with him and left behind.

Last edited by phlysac : 02-27-2012 at 12:11 AM.
phlysac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 06:23 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Exactly. That D isn't great, but the offense is definitely better than that.

Two good TEs, Two elite OL, 1-2 very good WRs, and a running game... that's all you can basically ask for a good QB.
Old 02-27-2012, 11:29 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Austin's special feet can be special for us, next to the other talent, then I will be a happy guy for a while. He hasn't played in so long though. Hopefully, he can stay healthy and develop!
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 11:35 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post

you guys can pass on Sammy Watkins, I'll gladly take him. He is the epitome of can't miss.
Old 02-28-2012, 08:03 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alameda Ta'amu, NT, Washington: 6-2, 348. Made himself a lot of money with a terrific week at the Senior Bowl. "You can't single-block him," one scout said. "He's athletic for his size." Started 42 of 50 games, finishing with 7 sacks. "He's very much like Paul Soliai of the Dolphins," another scout said. "He is a true space-eater. He didn't play like that (the Senior Bowl) all year. He did have a good Senior Bowl, he really did. He's got a big (expletive) and great big thick thighs on him."

I want Ta'Amu in KC if they don't get Poe since he has a big *****
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 08:32 PM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
Alameda Ta'amu, NT, Washington: 6-2, 348. Made himself a lot of money with a terrific week at the Senior Bowl. "You can't single-block him," one scout said. "He's athletic for his size." Started 42 of 50 games, finishing with 7 sacks. "He's very much like Paul Soliai of the Dolphins," another scout said. "He is a true space-eater. He didn't play like that (the Senior Bowl) all year. He did have a good Senior Bowl, he really did. He's got a big (expletive) and great big thick thighs on him."

I want Ta'Amu in KC if they don't get Poe since he has a big *****
I really hope the scout is talking about his *** and not his ****, since I don't really want to know why a scout would know about the latter or feel compelled to report on it to Bob McGinn.
Old 02-28-2012, 08:41 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Is Shaun Smith scouting for the Chiefs? He has techniques to determine size.

:P
Old 02-28-2012, 11:20 PM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
Did a scout bump his head and confuse Griffin with Jordan Jefferson?
^^^this ^^^
Old 03-05-2012, 09:40 AM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Per PFT's "what scouts are saying." Quoted sometime after Senior week practices but before the combine. Seems like at least two different scouts. Interesting ones...

Quote:
QB Andrew Luck - " is not special. He's missing something and it's hard to put your finger on it exactly - I've talked to other GMs around the league, and there is no one out there who thinks this guy is Peyton Manning or John Elway. A winner, yes. A game changer, no. Peyton is special now-he can carry a team by himself-he's proven that. He turns average players into pro bowlers"

QB Brock Osweiler - " the big guy at ASU has a lot of talent to work with now. He's not ready but he has tools - sick size, athletic ability, and he's a passer, not a thrower. The senior class is gross."

QB Ryan Tannehill - "What you have to keep in mind when you're looking at Tannehill - Mike Sherman's offense is not very good. He has plenty of arm talent. He's athletic, he can move around, he's got a ton of upside. If you have time to sit him, you can hit big in a few years."

RB Lamar Miller - " did not practice a lot. He wore a harness all year on his shoulder. He'd turn on contact - I don't question his toughness playing through the injury. He played hurt. He's not a power back but he'll hit it up in there.'

RB Bernard Pierce - " was really disappointing. He is not tough at all through the tackles. He loves to bounce runs to the outside. He has an NFL body and looks the part, but he has to find his heart if he wants to play here. I don't know if he will. Someone will get enamored with him though."

OT Mike Adams - " put on a clinic against Illinois' Whitney Mercilus"

OT Jonathan Martin - " I don't like him. He's soft. I don't think he is the athlete he is made out to be. He's going to be drafted in the first round - I would take him in the 4th. I would like to play against him. I hope he comes in our division."

OT Jeff Allen - " I was not expecting to see a player when I put on the Illinois tape, but # 71 impressed me. He has sweet feet, plays hard, is smart and productive as hell.

OG Kevin Zeitler - " I love him. I think he's a first round, can't miss guy. He is a OG only though" " I would not take him in the first, but someone will take him there."

OG Adam Gettis - "Throw on the game of him against Penn State and watch how he plays against Devon Still. He's going to shoot up. Physically, he is still underdeveloped. He came in at 220lbs and he played close to 280lbs. He's still got another 10 to 15 to add, but he's got starter potential."

DT Devon Still - " is a pretender. He is a project to me. He plays high. He gets knocked around. He has some initial quickness, but he's not a tough, explosive finisher. Someone is going to get their feelings hurt drafting him in the first round. I don't know how you play with guys who get hammered inside. I know we can't. "

LB Mychal Kendricks - " is the best senior we have at California. You wish he were taller but he's a good player. He'll play a long time in this league."

LB Donta Hightower - " If he played as hard as Upshaw he would be a wrecking ball. The games I watched, he didn't do anything. With his size and ability, I expected to see a lot better. "

LB Vontaze Burfict - " I did not like him at all. He's extremely undisciplined. He has a soft, fleshy body. He's not tough. I really question his instincts. He fills the wrong holes. He makes flash plays but does not make consistent plays. He's immature, off base and too emotional. A positional coach will be dog cussing the scouts for bringing him in."

LB Courtney Upshaw - " I love him. He may be my favorite player this year. Other scouts are killing him because he's short. I say, ok, let him go to Pittsburgh and turn into a pro bowler. "

CB Josh Norman - " will go in the second round just off the Shrine week. Granted, he was cheating the drill and squatting on routes, but he picked off about six passes during the week. He is talented."

CB Morris Claiborne - " His cover skills are a rare commodity. I wish he were a little more physical, but he has few holes in his game. "

CB Chase Minnifield - " I don't think he can play. He's not a very good athlete. I don't like him at all."

DB Trumaine Johnson - " He's really talented. He might be the best pure talent. He can do whatever you want. He's better than Ravens' Jimmy Smith. He could go in the first. It would take big balls, but he could. "

DB Phillip Thomas - " I was not a fan of him. He is a little, run around safety. I thought he was fake tough - pile jumping. He plays small. "

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*

Last edited by Brown Leader : 03-05-2012 at 09:44 AM.
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote