Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 03-22-2007, 09:35 AM    (permalink
Jagonsucker
Rookie

Jagonsucker needs more cowbell.
Default If we dont take Willis what do you guys think about Buster Davis?

Of course everyone on here hopes we take Willis but lets say we do take Adams and get Buster Davis in the 2nd or even 3rd (if he drops that far). Davis is a great hitter and a leader. The only reason he is dropping is because of his 5'9" stature but this guy is going to be a great player. Do you think Detroit will draft him if we dont get Pwill?
Jagonsucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 11:11 AM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

TacticaLion hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagonsucker View Post
Of course everyone on here hopes we take Willis but lets say we do take Adams and get Buster Davis in the 2nd or even 3rd (if he drops that far). Davis is a great hitter and a leader. The only reason he is dropping is because of his 5'9" stature but this guy is going to be a great player. Do you think Detroit will draft him if we dont get Pwill?
The concern with Buster Davis is his coverage skill... which is definately lacking. He's also not incredibly fast, which is a hit. Yes, he's a leader and a great tackler, but I can't seem the Lions targeting him over Willis, Harris, Beason or Waters.

Might just be me.
Old 03-22-2007, 11:20 AM    (permalink
LionSmack
Veteran

LionSmack hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I don't think I'd take him over Harris or Beason, maybe over Siler, but there are also half a dozen likely CB and DE prospects I'd take in the 2nd round over Davis.

I think if he drops to that 3rd round pick and the Lions haven't gotten a LB, then yes, for sure. Or, if they manage to pick up another 2nd rounder and they've addressed DE and CB, also yes.
LionSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 11:22 AM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionSmack View Post
I don't think I'd take him over Harris or Beason, maybe over Siler, but there are also half a dozen likely CB and DE prospects I'd take in the 2nd round over Davis.

I think if he drops to that 3rd round pick and the Lions haven't gotten a LB, then yes, for sure. Or, if they manage to pick up another 2nd rounder and they've addressed DE and CB, also yes.
Maybe 3rd... or even 4th (and only if those other players are off the board).

You said it, though... there are other CB or DE's I'd take over him.
Old 03-22-2007, 02:10 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Davis alot, and if he was there in the 3rd or 4th and we haven't picked up A LB, then sure. But I certainly wouldn't take him over Harris or Beason, and as has been said, there are plenty of CB and DE's I'd take before him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 03:02 PM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman4579 View Post
I like Davis alot, and if he was there in the 3rd or 4th and we haven't picked up A LB, then sure. But I certainly wouldn't take him over Harris or Beason, and as has been said, there are plenty of CB and DE's I'd take before him.
The end of this topic... everything true has been said.