Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Denver Broncos Team Forum

Denver Broncos Team Forum Discuss the Broncos

Old 04-01-2011, 11:56 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No problem, bro.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 01:04 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lots of action at HQ this week:

http://twitter.com/johnelway

Quote:
Busy week ahead with 13 of our 30 allotted draft prospect visits scheduled to meet with us at our facility.
Quote:
Da'Quan Bowers, Nick Fairley and Von Miller are among the players that we are bringing in this week.
I'd like to see the other 10... most of the ones I've posted were private workouts, which are not necessarily visits to the team facilities.
Old 04-04-2011, 02:51 PM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
this makes me think that we're almost certainly looking very seriously into a trade down or two.
Given Elway's continuing comments about not having a franchise QB, I'd agree. He really wants to trade down.

I can understand the reasoning why, but I just don't feel like it's super-necessary to accumulate one or two more draft picks. It's going to take more than one year to turn this team around. Draft quality is more important than quantity, and with the #2 overall pick, we're in a prime position to do that. Get the right players this year, and build upon that foundation the following year.

Although, if by "trading down," we're trading our pick to either Buffalo or Cincinnati, I'm all for it.

Projected win total: 55+
Namy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 04:55 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...lts_interested

Quote:
Temple safety Jaiquawn Jarrett is visiting the Denver Broncos today and the Philadelphia Eagles on Wednesday followed by the New York Jets on April 11, according to a league source with knowledge of the situation.
1 down, 9 to go. Elway should just tweet all the names rather than having them trickle out like this.
Old 04-06-2011, 03:41 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

3 more for this week plus future visit with Newton...

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_17772110

Quote:
Besides Bowers, the Broncos will meet today with linebacker Von Miller, defensive tackle Nick Fairley on Wednesday and quarterback Cam Newton on April 19.

The Broncos also have two picks in the second round, which is why they visited with Temple safety Jaiquawn Jarrett on Monday and are bringing in linebacker Mason Foster of Washington, defensive tackle Marvin Austin of North Carolina and Nevada quarterback Colin Kaepernick this week.
Old 04-06-2011, 12:33 PM    (permalink
Cunningham
Rookie

Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

glad to hear that they're bringing in mason foster for a visit. i love his versatility, and i think he could even be a good fit at mike for us. on the other hand, i really hope that we don't take marvin austin. he reminds me of nick fairley, except without a ridiculous season to his credit.
Old 04-07-2011, 09:08 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
i don't think we need a TE from this draft, but if we take one, i think it'll be in that 6th round area, as that's where fox has usually gotten his guys. yes, i know he's not the gm here.
It would seem this may not be far from the truth. The team worked out one of my Hokies, Andre Smith, who's a very good blocker but isn't going to put up big numbers as a receiver.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see us work out Lee Smith from Marshall as well... another guy with decent hands who really shines as a run blocker.
Old 04-08-2011, 12:59 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
you're a VT guy? no kidding... i love that campus
Yeah, despite being a mountain boy now, most of my extended family are in ACC territory and we've had representatives at pretty much all the schools (I think Miami and NC State are the exceptions). My cousin studied at VT while in the army and I enjoyed visiting Blacksburg.
Old 04-11-2011, 03:27 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Both Dareus' and Peterson's status upgraded to "Team Visit":

http://twitter.com/johnelway/status/57526359236427776

Quote:
We'll have 13 more draft prospects visiting us over the next 10 days, including DL Marcell Dareus and CB Patrick Peterson.
So that puts our team visits at:

* QB - Colin Kaepernick - Nevada (team visit)
* QB - Cam Newton - Auburn (team visit)
* RB - Daniel Thomas - Kansas State (team visit)
* WR - Edmond Gates - Abilene Christian (team visit)
* DT - Nick Fairley - Auburn (team visit)
* DT - Marcell Dareus - Alabama (team visit)
* DT - Marvin Austin - North Carolina (team visit)
* DE - Da'Quan Bowers - Clemson (team visit)
* LB - Von Miller - Texas A&M (team visit)
* LB - Casey Matthews - Oregon (team visit)
* LB - Akeem Ayers - UCLA (team visit)
* LB - Mason Foster - Washington (team visit)
* CB - Patrick Peterson - LSU (team visit)
* FS - Jaiqwan Jarrett - Temple (team visit)

That's a pretty lopsided distribution... I don't think anyone needs to be worried about us not drafting defense early and often.
Old 04-12-2011, 02:09 AM    (permalink
jCut
Veteran

jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where are all the TEs? Where is Kyle Rudolph????

WELCOME REALITY
jCut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 10:46 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jCut View Post
Where are all the TEs? Where is Kyle Rudolph????
Forget about Rudolph. Look for someone late who is a solid blocker with decent hands.
Old 04-12-2011, 10:55 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Apparently Kenrick Ellis visited yesterday. First page updated with Ellis and a few other workouts.
Old 04-12-2011, 11:52 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

John Fox never seemed to put a premium on Pass catching TEs. I think Lee Smith might be on their radar. He is the best blocking TE in this draft.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 01:06 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
John Fox never seemed to put a premium on Pass catching TEs. I think Lee Smith might be on their radar. He is the best blocking TE in this draft.
Yeah, I agree... see a few posts up about him and Andre Smith from VT.

A big target with good enough hands to play safety valve is sufficient for our scheme. We don't need a TE-as-WR kind of guy.
Old 04-12-2011, 10:47 PM    (permalink
jCut
Veteran

jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was definitely being sarcastic, haha. I have built up a hatred for Rudolph by constantly reading the mock drafts. Lee Smith would be perfect in the 6th round, though.

WELCOME REALITY
jCut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 11:57 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jCut View Post
I was definitely being sarcastic, haha. I have built up a hatred for Rudolph by constantly reading the mock drafts.
I think we're all getting tired of that one. If we don't bring him in for a visit, it isn't happening. Fox seems quite happy with late-round TE's and we've got some relatively unproven guys already who could still turn out to be effective with the benefit of a more consistent offensive approach.
Old 04-13-2011, 04:22 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Bump for more visits - Gabbert, some RB's and OL.
Old 04-13-2011, 04:27 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Updated list of team visits:

* QB - Blaine Gabbert - Missouri (team visit)
* RB - Jay Finley - Baylor (team visit)
* RB - Mikel Leshoure - Illinois (team visit)
* OT/OG - Benjamin Ijalana - Villanova (team visit)
* DT - Kenrick Ellis - Hampton (team visit)
* DE/DT - Allen Bailey - Miami (team visit)
* LB - Lawrence Wilson - UConn (team visit)
Old 04-19-2011, 11:11 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Bump for updates - 2 new guys, 2 old guys upgraded to "team visit" status.

Looking at the visits in particular, it is quite clear that the team is considering the following:

1. options at QB
2. power RB's
3. big, strong DL
4. fast linebackers
Old 04-19-2011, 01:19 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Screening out the workouts, it looks like we've got info on 26 of the 30 team visits allowed:

* RB - Kendall Hunter - Oklahoma State (team visit)
* RB - Johnny White - North Carolina (team visit)
* OG - Danny Watkins - Baylor (team visit)
* DE - Aldon Smith - Missouri (team visit)
* DE/LB - Dontay Moch - Nevada (team visit)

I'm not 100% sure on the Watkins one, so maybe 25/30. I keep hearing that Bruce Carter (OLB - North Carolina) visited without having any source to link - he certainly fits what John Fox wants from a LB. Another guy I've heard about is Anthony Costanzo (OT - Boston College), but again, no source.
Old 04-21-2011, 03:55 PM    (permalink
Cunningham
Rookie

Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

we had a private meeting with usc rb allen bradford
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...al-others.html
Old 04-21-2011, 05:18 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunningham View Post
we had a private meeting with usc rb allen bradford
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...al-others.html
Thanks. Master list updated.
Old 04-23-2011, 02:31 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

30/30 on team visits now:

* RB - Kendall Hunter - Oklahoma State (team visit)
* RB - Johnny White - North Carolina (team visit)
* DT - Phil Taylor - Baylor (team visit)
* DE - Aldon Smith - Missouri (team visit)
* DE/LB - Dontay Moch - Nevada (team visit)
* CB - Brandon Harris - Miami (team visit)
* CB - DeMarcus Van Dyke - Miami (team visit)
* S - Quinton Carter - Oklahoma (team visit)
* S - Da'Norris Searcy - North Carolina (team visit)

As I mentioned before, there could be a few errors in the type of meeting (e.g. private workout vs team visit). However, this is a pretty solid indication of what the team is considering in the draft.

Last edited by Diehard : 04-23-2011 at 02:34 PM.
Old 04-29-2011, 08:53 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Interesting that we have now taken three of four guys that were not brought in for a visit.
Timbathia is offline   Reply With Quote