Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 03-22-2007, 12:29 PM    (permalink
machoking6

The Eagles are in great position to draft some very quality depth in this year's draft. The way I see it, the 1st round pick should go to the safety position, most notably Michael Griffin. He will share duties with Considine and ease his way into be a starter full time. I think that's something that we as Eagles fans all agree on. But what do we need to address in the 2nd round? I'm liking the idea of taking a guy like Quentin Moses to round out our rotation at DE. He's not going to come in and provide 10 sacks and be a game changer, but we don't need that. The guy has had his troubles and hasn't impressed so far, but he's shown the ability to be a force with his 2005 season. He clearly has the tools, so maybe he just needs the proper coaching. Who better to give him that coaching than the Eagles staff? Trent Cole wasn't spectacular out of college, but with our coaching he's developed into something special. Juqua Thomas was unheard of, but the Eagles made him into a valuable commodity that other teams looked into this offseason. Why couldn't they do the same for Quentin Moses? His athletic ability would allow the Eagles to use him as a Joker, and we all know how the Eagles value that. It could certainly be just me who feels this way, but I definitely like his upside. He won't last to us in the 3rd round, but the 2nd is a possibility. What do you think?
Old 03-22-2007, 03:23 PM    (permalink
ryan0022
Rookie

ryan0022 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I like the Idea Moses has shown the potential but he is a high risk/reward pick but I wouldn't mind seeing him in eagles green - However I was watching the NFL network he other day and they had some clips of the Texas pro day and I really like Griffen and Ross, obviously I would like Griffen bc of our needs. I also saw Tim Crowder who looked liek a beast and really impressed at the proday. He might, a big might, be around by the second pick and I think he woudl be a good fit here.
ryan0022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 03:32 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't want a DE like Moses. He is a great player, but we don't need another pass rushing DE. We need a DE that is solid against the run so we can be better against the point of attack. I think the second round is too early for us to address the DE need, but if it works out that there is a quality DE left and no one of value at the other postions of need, I would see DE as a possibility.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 07:29 PM    (permalink
Big Mike
Veteran

Big Mike hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

kearse + cole + Mcdougle + howard = great depth already
i'd like to see us improve the CB position with a guy like McCauley or Hughes, or even a big RB steal like Mike Bush.

ALL COMPLIMENTS TO: BANTX FOR THE SIG

XBOX360 Gamertag: GZA88
Big Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 08:47 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quentin Moses is awful against the run, and the last thing we need is a liability vs. the run.
Old 03-22-2007, 09:21 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Mike View Post
kearse + cole + Mcdougle + howard = great depth already
i'd like to see us improve the CB position with a guy like McCauley or Hughes, or even a big RB steal like Mike Bush.
Or Brian Leonard.

Old 03-22-2007, 09:22 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06 View Post
Quentin Moses is awful against the run, and the last thing we need is a liability vs. the run.
I agree, and that is what I have been saying.

Old 03-22-2007, 09:48 PM    (permalink
jonbrodo17
Rookie

jonbrodo17 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i agree with eaglesalltheway. 2nd RD. is way to early for us to draft a DE.

sig by Jackalope

RIP VT Students 4/16/07

Vote McCain '08
jonbrodo17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 09:51 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

The only way I see us drafting a DE on day one is if someone falls incredibly far and we have no viable options at other postions of need.