Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 03-23-2011, 12:40 AM    (permalink
jjanni

Ok, I just posted this over on the Patriot Team Board. I'm curious what the Lions fans think of this:

Looking at the draft value chart the Lions have the 1.13 pick valued at 1,150 points.

New England has many picks, including the 2.1 valued at 580 points, the 2.28 pick valued at 300 points, and the 3.10 pick valued at 220 points.

As fans, would you be in favor of making this trade?

New England would end up with our first round pick (13) We would pick up Two additional 2nd round picks, and one 3rd round pick.

The way I see it, it would be a Win Win for both of our teams. New England would end up getting one of the premier guys at a position of need. Either one of those stud DL or an AJ Green/Julius Jones.

Lions would pick up 3 lower round picks, which they could really use to still pick up a couple of decent linebackers (Bruce Carter, Mason Foster, or even possibly Akeem Ayers. Plus they could pick up a decent corner possibly even Brandon Harris or Jimmy Smith. Chances are Ayers, Smith or Harris will probably be their with the 1st overall pick in the 2nd round, and are people we would even consider at 13 (granted it would be a reach).

Overall Trade Value Comparison, Patriots end up a positive 50 points on the value chart. When the new collective bargaining agreement finally gets signed, you know there will be a rookie salery structure in place, so this seems much more possible to happen as New England wouldn't get slammed with rediculous contracts.

To me it seems fair and a win / win. Just want to get your take. Do you like it, hate it, indifferent... let me know.

-J
Old 03-23-2011, 12:50 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

While the lions are in dire straits as far as depth but the positions that Detroit needs doesn't really provide much depth to where the need value base would not be there for detroit I would say that at least one first would have to be included. IE 17 and a 3rd or 28 and a 2nd to get value. I think the Pats are being well served if they end up geting 3 firsts due to the lack of needs

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 10:29 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am not opposed to the trade, but I don't really see us dropping that far. I'd almost bet on us trading up for Peterson or AJ Green if he falls. It would be a draft day fallback trade if our top guys aren't there.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 09:15 PM    (permalink
nmb1114
Rookie

nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
I am not opposed to the trade, but I don't really see us dropping that far. I'd almost bet on us trading up for Peterson or AJ Green if he falls. It would be a draft day fallback trade if our top guys aren't there.
I can see that happening as well if we traded up to grab Peterson, or maybe even Julio Jones, I think the skins are going to take him at 10.

Ideally I'd like to trade back to Philly, Philly always moves up and down, and according to value we could get:

To Philly
13 (1150)

To Detroit
23 (760)
55 (350)
7th Rounder in 2012

So we would end up with

1(23) DE/LB - Justin Houston - Georgia
2(44) WR - Jonathan Baldwin - Pittsburgh
2(54) CB - Curtis Brown - Texas
3(75) LB - Greg Jones - Michigan State
4(106) RB - Demarco Murray
5(151) DE/LB - Jeremy Beal - Oklahoma (Tweener)
nmb1114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 12:01 PM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmb1114 View Post
I can see that happening as well if we traded up to grab Peterson, or maybe even Julio Jones, I think the skins are going to take him at 10.

Ideally I'd like to trade back to Philly, Philly always moves up and down, and according to value we could get:

To Philly
13 (1150)

To Detroit
23 (760)
55 (350)
7th Rounder in 2012

So we would end up with

1(23) DE/LB - Justin Houston - Georgia
2(44) WR - Jonathan Baldwin - Pittsburgh
2(54) CB - Curtis Brown - Texas
3(75) LB - Greg Jones - Michigan State
4(106) RB - Demarco Murray
5(151) DE/LB - Jeremy Beal - Oklahoma (Tweener)
That would be fantastic! Although not sold on pairing a 6-5 230 (even if fast) WR in Baldwin with CJ. Long gate, easier to press at line, etc ... I think a shifty, route running expert is what is necessary in the slot to make the offense hum. Basically we need a Welker-type. Vincent Brown, Jeff Maehl, Dane Sanzanbacher would be solid options in the 4th or 5th. LOVE Justin Houston & Curtis Brown though.
Old 03-27-2011, 03:07 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't do that trade with NE. You can get top end talent at 13 and only marginal talent in the 25-50 range. There is a certain point in the late first where there are 20 or so guys that grade out pretty evenly. You have to say in the top half of the first where they are guys with special talents.

I might do the trade with Philly, it would allow us to get better value at a position of need.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 12:03 AM    (permalink
nmb1114
Rookie

nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Another idea I have been thinking of which is unlikely and more of a madden trade but trade back twice. TB would like to nab a top DE prospect, which at 20 they could get one but if Watt, or Quinn is there I could see them calling. We could pick up

To Tampa: 1(13) - 1150
To Detroit: 1(20) - 850, 2(51) - 390

Then trade down one more time to Philly, they like to move up and down all the time, they want a OT, and the run will happen in the teens, so I can see them moving up to 20 to snag Carimi so I could see a slight overpayment for a third.

To: Philly: 1(20) - 850
To Detroit: 1(23) - 760, 3(85) - 165

So our draft picks would look like:
1(23) DE Justin Houston - Georgia
2(44) LB Martez Wilson - Illinois
2(51) CB Curtis Brown - Texas
3(75) CB Rashard Carmichael - Virginia Tech
3(85) LB Kelvin Sheppard - LSU
4(107) RB DeMarco Murray - Oklahoma
5(154) WR Denarius Moore - Tennessee

So we could end up with 5 picks in the top 100 players, probably unlikely but its fun to think about
nmb1114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 09:00 PM    (permalink
ellsy82
Veteran

ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Speaking of possible trades...is Ryan Kerrigan on your board? I ask because I'm doing an intrasite mock over on steelcityinsiders.net and I have Tampa Bay at 1.20 overall. I want Kerrigan in a bad way, but am worried you guys are gonna snatch him. So I was thinking about shipping my first, third, and fifth to move up before Jacksonville and take him.

If your options are to pick at 1.13, not given the choice to move back, am I at risk of losing Kerrigan to you guys?
ellsy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 12:46 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellsy82 View Post
Speaking of possible trades...is Ryan Kerrigan on your board? I ask because I'm doing an intrasite mock over on steelcityinsiders.net and I have Tampa Bay at 1.20 overall. I want Kerrigan in a bad way, but am worried you guys are gonna snatch him. So I was thinking about shipping my first, third, and fifth to move up before Jacksonville and take him.

If your options are to pick at 1.13, not given the choice to move back, am I at risk of losing Kerrigan to you guys?
While Kerrigan is on our boards I doubt he is that high yet I see NO way the stillers get a shot at him. Thus you are ******.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 01:07 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmb1114 View Post
Another idea I have been thinking of which is unlikely and more of a madden trade but trade back twice. TB would like to nab a top DE prospect, which at 20 they could get one but if Watt, or Quinn is there I could see them calling. We could pick up

To Tampa: 1(13) - 1150
To Detroit: 1(20) - 850, 2(51) - 390

Then trade down one more time to Philly, they like to move up and down all the time, they want a OT, and the run will happen in the teens, so I can see them moving up to 20 to snag Carimi so I could see a slight overpayment for a third.

To: Philly: 1(20) - 850
To Detroit: 1(23) - 760, 3(85) - 165

So our draft picks would look like:
1(23) DE Justin Houston - Georgia
2(44) LB Martez Wilson - Illinois
2(51) CB Curtis Brown - Texas
3(75) CB Rashard Carmichael - Virginia Tech
3(85) LB Kelvin Sheppard - LSU
4(107) RB DeMarco Murray - Oklahoma
5(154) WR Denarius Moore - Tennessee

So we could end up with 5 picks in the top 100 players, probably unlikely but its fun to think about
I hate to tell you but Justin Houston doesn't play on film like he works out and can be had in round 2.
I'm with Scotty on this one, we can get a real impact player at #13 but trading down may get you a couple of starters but not likely an impact player unless you only drop 1 or 2 spots.
Impact players win games, so I'd much rather settle for one than gamble by trading way down. If it is only a spot or 2 to gain value at a position of need then it makes sense, and I'd be for it, but just to trade for extra picks isn't the way to build a winner and we are very close where one more impact player and the bad times could be over.
Old 04-07-2011, 10:54 AM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
I hate to tell you but Justin Houston doesn't play on film like he works out and can be had in round 2.
I'm with Scotty on this one, we can get a real impact player at #13 but trading down may get you a couple of starters but not likely an impact player unless you only drop 1 or 2 spots.
Impact players win games, so I'd much rather settle for one than gamble by trading way down. If it is only a spot or 2 to gain value at a position of need then it makes sense, and I'd be for it, but just to trade for extra picks isn't the way to build a winner and we are very close where one more impact player and the bad times could be over.
Wow, I totally disagree on Justin Houston. But that is OK. I actually hope other GM's share your viewpoint & he slips into round 2. What I saw of him on the field this year was very impressive. I think he could be the best OLB from this draft, in 5 years. IMO.

BUUUTT ... if Houston (or the recent sexy draft "slider" Akeem Ayers) are there at #44, for sure it's a run to the podium. Both Houston & Ayers are obvious "values" if available at that point. YUMMY.

(CB) Amukamara & (OLB) Houston/Ayers (imagine that!)
Old 04-10-2011, 01:41 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SINCE1978 View Post
Wow, I totally disagree on Justin Houston. But that is OK. I actually hope other GM's share your viewpoint & he slips into round 2. What I saw of him on the field this year was very impressive. I think he could be the best OLB from this draft, in 5 years. IMO.

BUUUTT ... if Houston (or the recent sexy draft "slider" Akeem Ayers) are there at #44, for sure it's a run to the podium. Both Houston & Ayers are obvious "values" if available at that point. YUMMY.

(CB) Amukamara & (OLB) Houston/Ayers (imagine that!)
Houston may be able to play OLB for a 3-4 team, but he won't be able to do it for a 4-3 team, he would be completely lost in pass coverage.
I don't think Mayhew will target Houston and I doubt Ayers is available that late, he's going round 1. Worse yet, the Prince is likely going top 10, so we won't get him either.
Old 04-10-2011, 11:26 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I was NE I would do it in a heartbeat. There is no way they will get starters with all their picks. They are too good. Better to get three instant impact guys.

But we all know what NE does. Trade is unlikely. So I am at odds with Bill.

Doesn't say much for me now does it?

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote