Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 03-29-2011, 09:23 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI_Buckeye View Post
Not even close to true. Some of the best players on teams I have played on have been among the least liked. If talent were all that mattered, Ryan Leaf would still be the toast of San Diego.

To be clear, I dont think leadership will be an issue with Newton. Honestly, I can just about guarantee you that most NFL athletes would prefer to have a laid-back guy like Newton at the helm than a schticky, over-animated goof like Tebow.
So Newton jumping into the stands, smiling and bobbing his head like a ****** is not being over animated?
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 10:48 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not even close to true. Some of the best players on teams I have played on have been among the least liked. If talent were all that mattered, Ryan Leaf would still be the toast of San Diego.
Just when I thought you couldn't possibly say anything dumber, you go on to say this...

Quote:
To be clear, I dont think leadership will be an issue with Newton. Honestly, I can just about guarantee you that most NFL athletes would prefer to have a laid-back guy like Newton at the helm than a schticky, over-animated goof like Tebow.
...and totally redeem yourself!:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*

Last edited by Brown Leader : 03-29-2011 at 10:51 PM.
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 11:59 PM    (permalink
NotRickJames
Veteran

NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If he's taken top five, he'll be talked about in a few years with JaWalrus. These enormous concerns with his character are all forgiving the fact that he's got numerous concerns as far as football goes, too.
Old 03-30-2011, 12:40 AM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The rebuttal...

George Whitfield, Newton's pre-draft quarterback coach's interview in response to Nawrocki's take on Cam's character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 02:43 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Leader View Post
The rebuttal...

George Whitfield, Newton's pre-draft quarterback coach's interview in response to Nawrocki's take on Cam's character.
That is OBVIOUSLY a fake child that has no type of illness. Ha - think you can fool me, Cam Newton. I see right through your charade!
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 05:22 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whitfield implied that Nawrocki may be an Alabama alumni!!lol

Really objective right there, bud.

Anyone know???
Old 03-30-2011, 05:55 AM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
Whitfield implied that Nawrocki may be an Alabama alumni!!lol

Really objective right there, bud.

Anyone know???
Nolan played football at Illinois.

Quite a ways from Alabama last time I checked.

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 07:11 AM    (permalink
metafour
Veteran

metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
That is OBVIOUSLY a fake child that has no type of illness. Ha - think you can fool me, Cam Newton. I see right through your charade!
Cam Newton was volunteering at an elementary school once a week all season long; long before he ever started receiving any individual hype and long before Auburn ever started looking like a contender. During the month+ long witch hunt against him no one in the media ever brought this up, ever. Instead it was deemed that him cheating on tests 3 years ago made him a bad person. The annoying thing for me is the general public buying into what they are told to believe by the media; know full well that if Newton becomes an NFL star that these same guys who are now calling him a self-centered egomaniac will be running stories about how great he is for turning his life around or something.
metafour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 07:17 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The guy is a big personality, wants to be the greatest the can ever be, has made some questionable decisions but so do a lot of young people with a lot of outside influences. He isn't a bad person but he just needs to make sure he doesn't let his ego ruin his career.
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 10:26 AM    (permalink
papageorgio
Rookie

papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
you're kidding yourself if you think the vast, overwhelming majority of college players AREN'T there to be student athletes and get a free education. and frankly, i think you're everything that's wrong with sports, by the second phrase.

yeah, i mean, he only stole some **** and then possibly did something that could've jeopardized his entire career. why the hell do people think he's stupid!?

*rolleyes*

i get it. you think college kids should be paid, and should basically be able to do anything they want. funny enough, they can't. there are rules. and a violation of those rules can result in adrian mcpherson. so yes, ANY player who's dumb enough to risk his entire career on something ultimately meaningless IS an idiot, and while he may not be illiterate, he's certainly not helping his case.

i can't even begin to count the number of examples of players who broke the rules at a professional level and suffered dire consequences for it. so again, the issue is, 'do teams think that these are one time aberrations by a cocky moron, or do teams think this is a pattern of behavior that will continue at the next level, possibly keeping this guy out of our games.' disagree that team's should care all you want, but the cognitive dissonance required to attempt to just *dismiss* that is incredible.

oh, you mean the charges that WEREN'T FILED his sophomore year? let me know when you have some vague understanding of what the word 'fact' means.
Give me a break Sanchez once again got caught trying to pick up a 16 year old girl in New York.

To me Sanchez had way more questionable character than Newton.
papageorgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 11:05 AM    (permalink
papageorgio
Rookie

papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
you mean the 17 year old he was dating? who was over the legal age of consent in NJ? do you have the faintest ******* clue what you're talking about?

come on, flail about some more. people always make their point better when they're completely incapable of articulating anything remotely approaching 'fact', while still trying to pass off every single thing they say as absolute truth.
ya im sure dating a 17 year old is normal for someone who is 24. This guy has to go around taking advantage of underage girls. Sanchez is a scumbag and it all started at USC.

His character issues are way worse than cheating on some tests and buying a stolen laptop.
papageorgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 11:50 AM    (permalink
jnew76
Pro Bowler

jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yahoo sports' Doug Farrar questions whether Nawrocki has gone to far in his personal evaluation of Newton.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...?urn=nfl-wp657
Old 03-30-2011, 12:09 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Newton carries risk, that's a certainty but all those comments by Nolan Nawrocki seems a bit personal to me. How can a QB who almost personally took a team that was unranked in the pre-season to a National Championship carry no weight with his teammates and be described as "non dependable". That is a pure garbage statement and unworthy of a person who does scouting. It sounds like Newton fluffed Nolan off at sometime and totally p-ssed him off. If you ask me I would say Nawrocki lost some credibility in my eyes.
Let's look at Scott's statement" would you risk your job, reputation and the future of your franchise on Cam Newton", it is a 2 edge sword IMO. Sure there is serious risk in drafting Newton but if a GM passes on him, he is also risking his job, reputation and his team's future if Newton goes on to succeed and you pass on him. Worse yet, Buffalo has been down in the dumps pretty well since FA came into being and they need a personality to sell tickets and give the fans something to talk about. Empty seats get you fired even quicker than making one bad pick.
Old 03-30-2011, 12:20 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I doubt Nawrocki just made up that stuff because he doesn't like him. It would be impossible for anyone to make statements about a player's dedication in the film room, punctuality and dependability by just watching his game tape. This information is coming from NFL scouts and people within the Auburn athletic department. Now whether or not some of this is inaccurate information being told to him by scouts to try and damage Newton's value is another thing. But there is no way this is a smear campaign by Nawrocki because he has a personal vendetta against Newton.
Old 03-30-2011, 12:36 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyGopher View Post
I doubt Nawrocki just made up that stuff because he doesn't like him. It would be impossible for anyone to make statements about a player's dedication in the film room, punctuality and dependability by just watching his game tape. This information is coming from NFL scouts and people within the Auburn athletic department. Now whether or not some of this is inaccurate information being told to him by scouts to try and damage Newton's value is another thing. But there is no way this is a smear campaign by Nawrocki because he has a personal vendetta against Newton.
That's just way off in my opinion. On NFL Network, they have no problem being critical of Newton, Casserly says he wouldn't touch him in round 1 and Mayock has him as #3 on his QB list, yet none of them, and they all talk to scouts and GM's everyday, have mentioned this garbage put out by Nawrocki.
This tirade comes across as personal to me.
Old 03-30-2011, 12:37 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't understand why anyone would think Nolan has anything personal against Cam Newton.

Old 03-30-2011, 01:02 PM    (permalink
jnew76
Pro Bowler

jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I don't understand why anyone would think Nolan has anything personal against Cam Newton.
Maybe, but the tone had venom... I pretty much agree with everything that Nolan said in his evaluation... However, I think there are about 100 better ways of putting it.
Old 03-30-2011, 01:13 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Any time someone from a distance attempts to armchair psychoanalyze a prospect and make broad declarations about their character and psyche, the overreach comes across like a personal attack.

Many of the negatives he listed about Cam were either assumed or pure speculation.
Old 03-30-2011, 01:17 PM    (permalink
countryboi
Rookie

countryboi hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

why does cam newton keep being compared to jamarcus russell? A quick eye ball test can tell me they are not the same
countryboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 01:20 PM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboi View Post
why does cam newton keep being compared to jamarcus russell? A quick eye ball test can tell me they are not the same
They're both quarterbacks with impressive physical tools but worrisome character/off the field issues. Just because they don't play the same way, doesn't mean we shouldn't be worried about Newton for the same reasons that we ought to have been worried Russell.

Doesn't mean we're convinced that Newton will be the next Russell, but "worrying about prospects" is just part of the process.
PossibleCabbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 01:20 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboi View Post
To me they have the same throwing motion, not bringing their weight forward. Also i think their accuracy is similar, both guys are sort of wildly accurate, meaning they are somewhere near the target but not hitting a lof guys right on the facemask.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 01:22 PM    (permalink
jnew76
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Any time someone from a distance attempts to armchair psychoanalyze a prospect and make broad declarations about their character and psyche, the overreach comes across like a personal attack.

Many of the negatives he listed about Cam were either assumed or pure speculation.
Oh really... You would obviously know... The bolded part is both assumption and speculation on your part.

Further, you are assuming and speculating that Nolan has written this evaluation without so much as talking with other scouts about there opinions on Newton. Which, if any of them share his opinions on Newton make it far from assumption or speculation. It makes it an opinion, shared with others in the scouting community.
Old 03-30-2011, 01:38 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnew76 View Post
Oh really... You would obviously know... The bolded part is both assumption and speculation on your part.

Further, you are assuming and speculating that Nolan has written this evaluation without so much as talking with other scouts about there opinions on Newton. Which, if any of them share his opinions on Newton make it far from assumption or speculation. It makes it an opinion, shared with others in the scouting community.

How do you objectively quantify a 'fake smile'???

'Has a selfish, me-first makeup??' Huh?? Put that in a football context, how has Cam's 'selfishness' been to such an extreme that it negatively impacted his football team??

'Does not command respect from teammates and will always struggle to win a locker room'??
Sorry but how can a serious prospect analyst make this statement?? It's patently false based on the evidence of last season. You know, the one where Newton led Auburn to an undefeated season in the SEC and NC with a supporting cast of irregulars.

'Lacks accountability, focusand trustworthiness -- is not punctual, seeks shortcuts and sets a bad example. Immature and has had issues with authority. Not dependable.'
You think a 'scout' confirmed this last bit of drivel for Nawrocki??
I'll quit while I'm ahead.

The problem with this evaluation is it reads as if Nawrocki wrote it immediately after Newton left UF, and completely skips over the next two years of his academic and football career.

Some people refuse to believe in the possibility that Cam has MATURED since leaving the Gators program.
Old 03-30-2011, 01:55 PM    (permalink
jnew76
Pro Bowler

Quote:
How do you objectively quantify a 'fake smile'???

'Has a selfish, me-first makeup??' Huh?? Put that in a football context, how has Cam's 'selfishness' been to such an extreme that it negatively impacted his football team??

'Does not command respect from teammates and will always struggle to win a locker room'??
Sorry but how can a serious prospect analyst make this statement?? It's patently false based on the evidence of last season. You know, the one where Newton led Auburn to an undefeated season in the SEC and NC with a supporting cast of irregulars.

'Lacks accountability, focusand trustworthiness -- is not punctual, seeks shortcuts and sets a bad example. Immature and has had issues with authority. Not dependable.'
You think a 'scout' confirmed this last bit of drivel for Nawrocki??
I'll quit while I'm ahead.

The problem with this evaluation is it reads as if Nawrocki wrote it immediately after Newton left UF, and completely skips over the next two years of his academic and football career.

Some people refuse to believe in the possibility that Cam has MATURED since leaving the Gators program.
I ask you a question in response... If none of what Nolan said is true (like you say), then why is the most physically gifted QB in this draft not rated higher than Blaine Gabbert by almost every internet and television scout out there? Why is the opinion so universal that Gabbert is better and safer?
Old 03-30-2011, 02:00 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnew76 View Post
I ask you a question in response... If none of what Nolan said is true (like you say), then why is the most physically gifted QB in this draft not rated higher than Blaine Gabbert by almost every internet and television scout out there? Why is the opinion so universal that Gabbert is better and safer?
Because there is a lot more to being a successful NFL quarterback than physical tools.

If talent is all that mattered both Jeff George and JaMarcus Russell would be in the Hall of Fame.