Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 12-21-2011, 04:55 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the natural View Post
Tebow has the best overall passing numbers from the 2010 draft class. Last year and this year. It doesn't matter what your myopic beer fogged "eyes" tell you, the guy gets it done. By land and by air. I think he has the highest ratio of scores per touch of the football of anyone in NFL history.
I assume that this is primarily addressed to me, because I so adamantly stated that Tebow is not the hottest QB in football. Which he's absolutely not.

I like Tebow. I think he has a lot of potential. I like him more than Sam Bradford, who I think sort of sucks. I like him more than Colt McCoy, who I think sort of sucks. I like him more than Jimmy Clausen, John Skelton, Mike Kafka, Tony Pike, Joe Webb, Levi Brown, and the rest of that draft class. I think they sort of suck.

It's entirely possible that Tim Tebow becomes the best QB from that class, and still basically sucks. Most draft classes only produce one quality long-term starter at QB, and some don't do that well.

I suppose that my hyperopic whiskey fogged eyes (Beer? Please... that stuff is for noobs) tell me that it's much too soon to write the book on the 2010 QB class. They also tell me that Tim Tebow is absolutely not the hottest QB in the NFL.

Last edited by WCH : 12-21-2011 at 05:12 PM.
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 05:04 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraftSavant View Post
What do I know. Charlie Casserly, Brian Billick, and Todd McShay all think Gabbert is the bees knees. I just can't argue with that triumvirate of excellent QB evaluators.

Blaine Gabbert should theoretically be the perfect Shanahan quarterback, no? The fact that he decided it would be a better idea to trade his pick to Jacksonville and go with the Grossman/Beck duo instead of taking Gabbert speaks much louder than what the TV "experts" are saying.

Like I've said over and over, this was a masterful CAA/Tom Condon hype job.
It's not like 9 of the teams picking in the top 10 all needed a franchise QB and all decided not to take him.....
Old 12-21-2011, 05:35 PM    (permalink
SilentJaguar
Rookie

SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Yeah, and you couch experts have unerring "eyes". You remember exactly how Sanchez, Stafford, and Freeman looked as rookies. Not to mention McNabb and all the other quarterbacks in their rookie season. Total recall. Watched every play. That is why you're all gainfully employed as talent scouts.

Tebow has the best overall passing numbers from the 2010 draft class. Last year and this year. It doesn't matter what your myopic beer fogged "eyes" tell you, the guy gets it done. By land and by air. I think he has the highest ratio of scores per touch of the football of anyone in NFL history.
I'd take raw 2009 Stafford in a heartbeat over Gabbert right now without a second thought.
SilentJaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 06:07 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You remember exactly how Sanchez, Stafford, and Freeman looked as rookies. Not to mention McNabb and all the other quarterbacks in their rookie season.
A hell of a lot better than Gabbert does. They all struggled, but showed traits that said they could be something more. Not every guy who does that succeeds, but there's a much better track record with guys like that as opposed to guys who look like a deer in the headlights and check it down every damn play.

I won't even dignify the rest of it with a response. If you want to participate in the discussion and try to learn something like the rest of us, by all means you are welcome to. If you want to pull the "you don't know **** about anything since you aren't scouts!" thing, we'll throw that right back and you and continue to laugh at the raging clue you had for Gabbert. The opinion of scouts counts for something. We've seen throughout the process of many of a draft class that it's hardly a substitute for what you can see on tape....and by no means is infallible.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 06:21 PM    (permalink
the natural
Veteran

the natural the natural the natural the natural the natural the natural the natural the natural the natural the natural the natural

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post

I won't even dignify the rest of it with a response. If you want to participate in the discussion and try to learn something like the rest of us, by all means you are welcome to. If you want to pull the "you don't know **** about anything since you aren't scouts!" thing, we'll throw that right back and you and continue to laugh at the raging clue you had for Gabbert. The opinion of scouts counts for something. We've seen throughout the process of many of a draft class that it's hardly a substitute for what you can see on tape....and by no means is infallible.
Point is you guys are ignoring the stats. Willfully. "They don't count for anything, because WE don't like what we see.".

That is arrogant and pointless. Who t f are you to say you know, regardless if the numbers say otherwise? Nobody, that's who.
the natural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 06:36 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Point is you guys are ignoring the stats. Willfully. "They don't count for anything, because WE don't like what we see.".

That is arrogant and pointless. Who t f are you to say you know, regardless if the numbers say otherwise? Nobody, that's who.
We aren't ignoring the stats, you're just not really using them for....anything. He's a bad rookie putting up bad numbers, like most bad rookie QBs do. What, exactly, are you trying to insinuate with his numbers? They're similar to a lot of other rookie quarterbacks. Some turned out good, some didn't. What's the smoking gun that everyone is missing?

It's not like we're disagreeing with a consensus opinion on Gabbert. Casserly, McShay, and Billick like him. Cosell, Jaws, Gruden, and now Mike Lombardi (the latter two gushed about him pre-draft btw) have significant concerns that his problems aren't coachable. Gruden and Lombardi have both gone on to say that Jacksonville should explore drafting a QB in the first round again this year.

One of these groups will be right, one will be wrong. So who the **** are you exactly? What have you ever brought to this argument other than gushing about his long hair, his "cool" nature, and how much Japanese teenagers love him?

Last edited by DraftSavant : 12-21-2011 at 06:44 PM.
DraftSavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 06:38 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Gabbert is statistically bad, as well. He's so bad that he comes in dead-last on both footballoutsiders.com and advancednflstats.com, and he's also 32nd in QB Rating.

If anything, the statistics support the idea that Gabbert sucks.
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 06:43 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah guiz, look at the statz, they say Gabbert is good! Plus I haven't seen anyone this COOL in a forever!!!!!

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 07:04 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
ah, i love this argument. "you're just some guy on a message board, so clearly everything you think is wrong".
"Especially because I'm a guy on a message board too!"

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 07:07 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
ah, i love this argument. "you're just some guy on a message board, so clearly everything you think is wrong".
The funny part is that he's that guy on a messageboard who gives guys on messageboards a bad reputation. But yeah, I'm infallible, stats, a few scouts, teenagers in Japan, ect.

In any case, it's real good to have you back natural.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 07:45 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
All-Pro

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
Yeah guiz, look at the statz, they say Gabbert is good! Plus I haven't seen anyone this COOL in a forever!!!!!
Blaine Gabbert is beautiful.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 10:11 PM    (permalink
Roddoliver
Rookie

Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gabbert is as bad as I thought. It's okay to be a raw QB. But a scared QB closing his eyes in the NFL? It's hard to teach toughness. Since Brian Billick likes Gabbert so much, he could become the Jaguars' new head coach and try to put them in the playoffs with Gabbert at QB.

Last edited by Roddoliver : 12-21-2011 at 10:13 PM.
Roddoliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 12:17 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...nd-courageous/

Did anyone else see this? There are the half truths coaches are required to tell and then there are flat out lies. This is an instance where it was better to say nothing...

Gabbert is "super-tough." Ha.

Gabbert is a *****. Pee-you-ess-ess-why *****. You don't grow out of that.
Old 12-22-2011, 12:20 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...nd-courageous/

Did anyone else see this? There are the half truths coaches are required to tell and then there are flat out lies. This is an instance where it was better to say nothing...

Gabbert is "super-tough." Ha.

Gabbert is a *****. Pee-you-ess-ess-why *****. You don't grow out of that.
I read it this morning. I laughed and sent positive thoughts to YFS, wherever he may be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 12:26 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's trying to suck up to the GM I think. It's better to be the NFL head coach of a Blaine Gabbert led team than not an NFL coach at all I guess.
Old 12-22-2011, 12:31 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He's trying to suck up to the GM I think. It's better to be the NFL head coach of a Blaine Gabbert led team than not an NFL coach at all I guess.
And this is why Brian Billick will be their next head coach.
Old 12-22-2011, 12:34 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
I'm partial to Mike Sherman. The rumors are there and he's just the type of washed up candidate to grovel and accept Gabbert.
Old 12-22-2011, 12:35 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
They asked Billick on NFLN whether he had any interest in coaching the Jags, and I believe his response was something along the lines of "They're looking for young and cheap and I'm neither". I laughed.
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 12-22-2011, 12:40 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

I hate my sports life.
Old 12-22-2011, 12:44 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I hate my sports life.
I actually like Brian Billick as a coach too, the Jags could do much worse. I just think he'll have better offers and better opportunities come this offseason. Why take a job in Jacksonville when he could snag San Diego? Tampa? Kansas City? Who knows what choices he'll have, but if I have the choice of any of the head coaching positions that will open, Jacksonville is going to be WAY down on my list.
Quote:
Old 12-22-2011, 12:50 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Yeah, no coach who COULD get another NFL head coaching job is going to take Jacksonville where the GM will be retained with all the power, and where a lousy QB will be forced onto you.

That's why my guess went to Mike Sherman. Best case scenario, maybe you could end up with Jay Gruden. Although he would probably be better served spending another year developing that young Cincy offensive core and possibly getting a better job the year after.
Old 12-22-2011, 01:10 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Yeah, no coach who COULD get another NFL head coaching job is going to take Jacksonville where the GM will be retained with all the power, and where a lousy QB will be forced onto you.

That's why my guess went to Mike Sherman. Best case scenario, maybe you could end up with Jay Gruden. Although he would probably be better served spending another year developing that young Cincy offensive core and possibly getting a better job the year after.
It's unfortunate, because they're not entirely without pieces. MJD is a Top 5 RB in the NFL, I've always been a firm believer in the talent of Marcedes Lewis, and Monroe, Britton and Rackley give you something to work with along the offensive line. Knighton and Alualu aren't terrible inside on defense, and Poz is about as solid as it gets. Unfortunately, the rest of the team needs to be absolutely gutted, and guys like Clint Session and Gunshy Gabbert are going to utilize cap space for a while. If they could somehow convince a guy like Jeff Fisher to head down there, I think a nice turnaround could be in order. Unfortunately, there's a snowball's chance in hell a coach of that stature is going to choose a small market team with no transaction control and a QB who is shellshocked all to ****.
Quote:
Old 12-22-2011, 01:15 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
you could be a chiefs fan and have to deal with rumors of josh mcdaniels running your team.
I think Crennel keeps the HC job unless there is a terrible meltdown these last 2 games. Standing toe to toe and punching out the undefeated Packers will do wonders for your job security.

But I have heard that if St. Louis guts everyone, McD is almost certainly going to be the OC.

Better than head coach McD, but still far worse than no McD at all...
Old 03-19-2013, 01:02 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
All-Pro

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I was tooling around the members list and found the natural riding the pole position for lowest-rep, and I remembered how funny some of his threads were. Also funny (and kind of interesting), is how many people in here just hated Gabbert, and so far they've (well, we've) been exactly right. I'm not sure I can think of another prospect who was so thoroughly reviled when he came out, went super high anyways, and then was just as bad as the haters thought he would be.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:37 PM    (permalink
y.f.s.
Rookie

y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sig by TACKLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post
Tannehill was a better QB (than Gabbert) when he was still playing WR
y.f.s. is offline   Reply With Quote