Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-30-2011, 04:17 PM    (permalink
Revis Island
Rookie

Revis Island hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Revis Island hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I haven't bought the game since '09, considering buying it this time around.
Revis Island is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 04:18 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haven't purchased NCAA since '06. I still think there's not a football game better than NCAA 2004 (Carson Palmer cover). ******* perfect game.

Really looking forward to 12.
Old 06-30-2011, 04:51 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hate that they literally did nothing to teambuilder

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 06:10 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
hate that they literally did nothing to teambuilder
They was suppose to add a few minor things like jerseys and stadiums but getting any info from it has been impossible. So I guess it means they are very minor adds.
Old 06-30-2011, 06:31 PM    (permalink
crites09
Veteran

crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.

I can't wait for some OD action... Going to keep on conference together or do custom conferences?
Old 06-30-2011, 06:37 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 06-30-2011, 07:18 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tennessee's roster is atrocious. Can't wait to get a custom one.
Old 06-30-2011, 07:22 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
Tennessee's roster is atrocious. Can't wait to get a custom one.
UMs is fairly bad too. Ray Ray Armstrong being the best safety in the game is pretty funny though.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 09:41 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Over half of UT's 2012 recruiting class isn't even on that roster.
Old 06-30-2011, 09:47 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
Over half of UT's 2012 recruiting class isn't even on that roster.
You could always create a few if the roster is not full or just edit people as they usually have a few walk ons on the roster
Old 06-30-2011, 10:35 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As a rule, I find the rosters to generally be ****. I'm not even into the recruiting scene at all, but every single year big name guys/guys expected to make an impact get left off the official rosters for no reason at all. Luckily, Operation Sports usually corrects the entire thing fairly quickly, but that combined with how awful the tuners were for incoming recruits last year really gave the game a slow start despite how good it was.

I REALLY wish they had some kind of comprehensive roster editor for the computer, so we could correct these kind of things in an efficient way. Some kind of recruiting class editor would be even more amazing.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 06:51 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is it just me or does the demo look terrible (graphically) for this game? Will the actual game be better?

I really want to like NCAA more than Madden because there are features in it that I like (AI sliders for example...) and really want, but quite frankly I've never liked the "QB 9" or "ROLB 77" stuff.
Old 07-02-2011, 06:55 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

nah I agree, i assume it's just because its a demo but i dont know why it would be like that

ncaa 11 looked better so it would be very strange for them to regress

and the default rosters always suck, generally on launch day someone has a good roster with real names and better overalls

Burfict is a 87 in this like wtf

Old 07-02-2011, 07:09 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The names aren't a problem.

Graphics might be. I personally think it looks better, but it likely isn't going to be any different at this point. Game was more than likely ready to ship by the time that was put out. They changed some lighting and grass textures around, might take some getting used to for some.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 07-02-2011, 07:13 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Graphics might be. I personally think it looks better, but it likely isn't going to be any different at this point.
You can change a lot by using low resolution textures (heavy compression for a demo) and stuff. Turn off a few settings and whatnot, but I tend to agree that this will probably be as good as the package deal.
Old 07-02-2011, 07:21 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
The names aren't a problem.

Graphics might be. I personally think it looks better, but it likely isn't going to be any different at this point. Game was more than likely ready to ship by the time that was put out. They changed some lighting and grass textures around, might take some getting used to for some.
wha...it looks terrible looks like NCAA 07

Old 07-02-2011, 07:23 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think they said they stopped working on the demo in April (takes a long time to get approved or something) so some stuff could change.

Haven't really noticed the graphics either though.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 07-02-2011, 07:23 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The demo didn't impress me any more than NCAA 11 did, other than the zone coverage. Feels like the exact same game. I can't even begin to state the staleness of the commentary of the game. It really does detract from what would otherwise be very crisp presentation.
Old 07-02-2011, 07:24 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, the roster names arent a problem anymore, if you're connected to Live or PSN. You can find fully named rosters. No one here really plays with the default "numbers only" names. We dont even start online dynasties until the named rosters are set. So it's all good there.

As for the graphics...I think the grass/field turf looks absoultely awful this year. Maybe it's because I'm playing on a 1080p tv, but the field surface looks like a blurry, low res mess. Dont know what is going on there. Even the videos georgiafan posted, show the grass looking like crap. I cant be the only one that sees this. haha. The game is still bound to be top notch, however. I cant wait for it.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 08:18 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

No Corso this year either. :(

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 07-02-2011, 08:42 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

The commentary is pretty bland. I wasn't expecting anything else though, to be honest with you. It's probably never going to be anything special in any sports game, but it's nice to have at the very least.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 07-02-2011, 10:35 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I don't listen to the commentary at all anyway.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 11:24 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
totally agree on the commentary. i can't remember the last time i didn't mute the games.
NCAA 2004.

It's sad because that's one of the things I used to look forward to with NCAA Football. The commentary actually was a huge positive for the game. It usually detracts from games (e.g. the Madden crew recently).
Old 07-03-2011, 06:35 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

I really think I enjoyed the game more after I played the demo a few more times. I play it on a 21.5 inch 1080p monitor which I play other games on as well (PC ones). I definitely think things look low resolution and they shouldn't at that size. I kind of fear what it would look like on a big screen TV.

The collision system is both very cool and very weird. It doesn't seem to factor secondary hits quite the way it should. If a second hit occurs, the first hit (if it is still in progress) seems to be ignored and the motion is entirely dictated by the second hit.

Say a LB tries to tackle a RB and a S comes in for a kill shot, it's almost as if the linebacker lets go of the player. It doesn't happen often but something weird happens when they try to resolve multiple collisions.
Old 07-03-2011, 06:39 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

Football games still haven't figured out how to handle multiple collisions. Probably has a lot to do with EA having a monopoly on the sport for gaming.