Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 04-28-2011, 10:38 PM    (permalink
TNPatsFan
Veteran

TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I say take Leshoure at 33 then you can still get Acho and Jenkins with the later 2nds. That's two solid front 7 defenders. And you still have 2 thirds after that for an interior OL or WR or DB.

1 - Anyone but Shea McClellin, Derek Wolfe, Peter Konz, Kendall Reyes, Harrison Smith, Whitney Mercilus or a RB

2 Anyone but McClellin, Wolfe, Doug Martin or an OT

3 Anyone but Wolfe

TNPatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 10:38 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well it was fun talking with you guys for the draft...... but.... unfortunately i will not be happy going to bed tonight

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 10:41 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNPatsFan View Post
I say take Leshoure at 33 then you can still get Acho and Jenkins with the later 2nds. That's two solid front 7 defenders. And you still have 2 thirds after that for an interior OL or WR or DB.
Jarvis Jenkins? I'm not sure he's a good 3-4 fit. I think you've got to go front seven early and then find a runner later. If not Leshoure, you've still got Hunter, Jones, and Vereen(who I am quite high on) left in the late second/early third.

Oh, and don't forget Patriots team board boner #2 is still in play; Leonard Hankerson. Watch out for him at #33 tomorrow. Not saying it's a good thing, but it's possible. So is Torrey Smith.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 10:43 PM    (permalink
TNPatsFan
Veteran

TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There are no front 7 guys worth the 33 spot. Yes, I think Jenkins is a great 3-4 DE fit. He's 6'4 310, has power and quickness and can push the pocket. He's also very mobile for a guy his size. Kind of a poor man's Marcel Dareus.

1 - Anyone but Shea McClellin, Derek Wolfe, Peter Konz, Kendall Reyes, Harrison Smith, Whitney Mercilus or a RB

3 Anyone but Wolfe

Old 04-28-2011, 10:43 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hankerson's my man crush. Back off mofo.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 10:45 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would be much more comfortable with him adding some weight and playing nose. Don't see edge skills for him. More of a three technique.

Reed and Ballard would be OK with me at #33. Reed more so, but 3-4 DE is a need.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 04-28-2011, 10:50 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

KJ Wright is my OLB pick for us. Round 3 (70) and that's all we get for OLB.

Old 04-28-2011, 10:51 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I like KJ Wright, but he's more Karlos Dansby than Clay Matthews. Nothing wrong with that, but not what the doctor ordered.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 04-28-2011, 10:52 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I like KJ Wright, but he's more Karlos Dansby than Clay Matthews. Nothing wrong with that, but not what the doctor ordered.
I agree. Which just makes it more likely. lol

Old 04-28-2011, 10:54 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Hahaha. Yeah. If we're talking confusing decisions, that well could be one. I still like to think we'll finally land a pass rusher though.

It's a little frustrating we didn't at least get a chance to blink on Quinn, but whatever. Solder is fairly surprising if you think about it. All that smoke out there on Jordan and Quinn...I'm not disappointed at all, big believer in Solder's talent, but it's just a little in left center.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 04-28-2011, 11:05 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've already got my eyes on Devin Taylor from SCAR and Donta Page-Moss from UNC next year. I want a stud OLB bad....

Quote:
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 11:07 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quinton Coples? You're missing a very big one.

But I'm not sold on us walking out without a pass rusher. There's plenty of talent left on the board.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 04-28-2011, 11:08 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Coples is a 4-3 DE only tbh... I'm not convinced that he can play OLB for us... But he's a huge talent, my personal frontrunner for the next best prospect after Luck next year.

Quote:
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Old 04-28-2011, 11:10 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I'm all about Vontaze Burfict next year. I haven't had a boner this big for a pure linebacker since Patrick Willis. Don't care where he plays, just put him in there and let the murder commence. Not our type of guy though.

But it's not ever yet! We've got plenty of ammunition and plenty of names. I'm usually pissed at this point, but this year, I'm really OK!

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 04-28-2011, 11:12 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I'm all about Vontaze Burfict next year. I haven't had a boner this big for a pure linebacker since Patrick Willis. Don't care where he plays, just put him in there and let the murder commence. Not our type of guy though.

But it's not ever yet! We've got plenty of ammunition and plenty of names. I'm usually pissed at this point, but this year, I'm really OK!
Haha, that's exactly how I feel this year. I feel like we got the most of it, even though I would've liked for us to go get Quinn. I'm pretty sure that we're going to trade the 33rd pick for a first rounder or more second rounders (SD), I'll be fine with that as well. Not really many guys that I really want at 33.

I like Burfict too, but he's pretty dirty and looks like an ILB. I think we're set there...

Quote:
Old 04-28-2011, 11:13 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I really hope we stay put at take Reed. I think we feel pretty good about our core pieces...it's time to inject some upside into the mix. I'm prepared for a wide receiver first thing tomorrow too though.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 04-28-2011, 11:18 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

I'm just not sold on Reed, I'd much rather take Houston. Reed just doesn't have anything special about his game and the comparisons to Clay Mathews seem to have inflated his draft stock too much for my liking. I'd take him in the middle or the bottom of the second, but not this high. I really like Hankerson and Edmund Gates for us. Both could be deadly in our offense. And I want Kendall Hunter and Clint Bolling...

Quote:
Old 04-28-2011, 11:20 PM    (permalink
TNPatsFan
Veteran

If we're just looking for a pure pass rusher then the best one left is Justin Houston. No telling how far he'll drop after failing the drug test. I'm not that high on Reed although now that we're in the second round, it's becoming a little more reasonable to look at him than all that talk that had him in the first.

If we wait till next year, Clemson's Andre Branch is high on my list. I agree on Coples. Great player, but not sure if he fits the Pats.

3 Anyone but Wolfe

Old 04-28-2011, 11:21 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Nate Solder interview:
http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-e...om-nate-solder

Love this guy already.

Quote:
Old 04-28-2011, 11:26 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I really don't want any part in Houston. With this much bad information out there about his character as well as scouts not liking him...just not a good thing.

Reed is a guy I've been on with Shane well before the hype train started and only like him more now that he went out there and had a good post season. I've heard from a few places that we had a first round grade on him. Wouldn't be a bad value at #33 and certainly brings plenty of ability along with him. He just strikes me as one of those guys that's such a natural 3-4 OLB fit that his game gets that much better.

We well could draft a safety at the start of tomorrow with all this business with Merri sucking and shooting people in the head. Rahim Moore is a possibility.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 04-28-2011, 11:27 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
Nate Solder interview:
http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-e...om-nate-solder

Love this guy already.
Beat that to you in the other thread ;p

Yeah, I'm a big fan of Nate Solder the person. Perfect cultural fit for us. Interesting that the decision was based on what Dante saw on Monday. He must have really liked him a whole ton.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 04-28-2011, 11:30 PM    (permalink
TNPatsFan
Veteran

My point is there isn't much out there, and there wasn't even much out there at the start of the draft, if we're looking for great pass rushers. Houston, despite all the issues people may have with him, is a far better pass rusher than Reed is.

The best pass rusher on Arizona this year was Ricky Elmore. Reed would ride in and clean up the play after Elmore got there first every time. The difference is Reed is a better athlete so that's why he's rated higher. Unfortunately Elmore is a better football player. I'd rather just take him later in the draft than spend a high pick on Reed.

3 Anyone but Wolfe

Old 04-28-2011, 11:37 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

See, I'm not sure I agree with that. I'm a big Elmore fan too, but he has his own collection of issues. I would be thrilled to pick him up later in the draft(or Keiser)...but Reed was very effective too. Not all of his sacks were on garbage plays from Elmore. It worked the opposite way for at least three of Elmore's sacks this year. He's had some injury problems, but when he's in there he absolutely shows up. When you have two good pass rushers like that(and Arizona had three or four even) sacks become a little like RBI's and BA in baseball. Not a true indication of what is actually going on sometimes. He's a raw player for sure, but you combine what he is presently with the upside and the projection as a 3-4 OLB and you've got a good package.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 04-28-2011, 11:41 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

I'm pretty confident that we won't be picking at 33. Just look at the players available:
Da'Quan Bowers, Jimmy Smith, Ryan Mallet, Andy Dalton, Akeem Ayers... I smell a trade coming. Just imagine if we get a 2012 first and then go on to trade Mankins later for another 2012 first... That would be sweet.

Quote:
Old 04-28-2011, 11:44 PM    (permalink
TNPatsFan
Veteran

That's true. I try not to sound like I hate Reed. I agree with your assessment. But I do think he's being over valued. In my opinion he should be a 3rd round pick who can play a situational role and hopefully develop into a good starting OLB. But I don't think that's what you want from a first round pick (or 33). You want someone that can be a starter or a significant contributor. I just think people will be disappointed if Reed gets drafted high and they think he's going to come in and make a noticeable difference in the team's pass rush as a rookie.

3 Anyone but Wolfe