Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 02:50 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 49ers Gameday Thread: Week 7: 49ers at BYE

Week 7:
Sunday, October 23, 2011

San Francisco 49ers (5-1)
at
BYE (0-0)

Bye is fierce. It's another road game. I'm worried.

OK, enough of that.

I say we use this week's gameday thread to discuss the current crop of rookie 49ers. I gotta say, this draft class has surprised me. I didn't love it. Thought it was kind of solid, but unspectacular. I was wrong.

2011 49ers Draft Picks
Rd Sel Ovr Player Pos School
1 7 7 Aldon Smith DE Missouri
2 4 36 Colin Kaepernick QB Nevada
3 16 80 Chris Culliver S South Carolina
4 18 115 Kendall Hunter RB Oklahoma State
5 32 163 Daniel Kilgore G Appalachian State
6 17 182 Ronald Johnson WR USC
6 25 190 Colin Jones S TCU
7 8 211 Bruce Miller OLB UCF
7 38 239 Mike Person T Montana State
7 49 250 Curtis Holcomb CB Florida A&M

Aldon looks like a monster. He's getting better. I think we've found our dominant passrusher. He's not there yet, but I think he's going to get there faster than I imagined.

Colin Kaepernick is definitely not ready. I know it's a longterm project with him so I'm fine with taking it very slowly. I'm still not sure he's a future franchise QB so this pick remains a question to me. I like that Harbaugh likes him.

Culliver is the wildcard for me. I was very skeptical of the pick, but he's been impressive so far. Small sample size obviously, but much better than I expected.

Hunter has been a nice pick. Love the explosion and he's a tougher runner than I previously thought.

Kilgore was very impressive in the preseason. Looked like a future starter. We'll have to wait a while to see if it was a fluke or not. But I like that they can hold him back a year. He's likely not ready for real action.

Bruce Miller has transitioned nicely to FB. He's pretty athletic which allows Harbaugh to move him around a lot. Could stick around for a while if he continues to improve and refine the position change.

These picks make me happy.

Standings:

NFC West
1. San Francisco 49ers (5-1)
2. Seattle Seahawks (2-3)
3. Arizona Cardinals (1-4)
4. St. Louis Rams (0-5)

Special Note: I'll leave the week 6 Gameday thread open for those that want to discuss Handshakegate.

Special Note II: Gore > Watters.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 10-19-2011, 04:42 AM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Tolzien more than Kap. Love the quick release and the accuracy.
Old 10-19-2011, 06:33 AM    (permalink
Larry
Veteran

Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.

^Hopefully you're not basing that off meaningless preseason games. I love that Kap is going sit this season and likely next season. That's perfect timing for Harbaugh to work on his footwork and gives him plenty of time to learn the WCO.
Old 10-19-2011, 10:44 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binary View Post
You have to be kidding me Tolzien is one of the worst QBs in football just like he was in college.
Old 10-21-2011, 04:45 AM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binary View Post
From what I saw from the Chargers game his ceiling reminds me of Shaun Hill with a slightly better arm? Fair or unfair from posters that have seen his college tape?

I will say that I am just happy that Harbaugh is grooming two young QBs on this roster. It reminds me of the old Green Bay teams that streamlined starting QBs into the league. I hope Harbaugh is able to achieve that.
Old 10-21-2011, 10:19 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
From what I saw from the Chargers game his ceiling reminds me of Shaun Hill with a slightly better arm? Fair or unfair from posters that have seen his college tape?

I will say that I am just happy that Harbaugh is grooming two young QBs on this roster. It reminds me of the old Green Bay teams that streamlined starting QBs into the league. I hope Harbaugh is able to achieve that.
I would also say he is a slightly better athlete than Hill. I didn't watch enough of him to really tell but he also doesn't seem as tenacious as Hill. Still, I think it is a fair comparison to make. Not the greatest arms, not the greatest athletes and not all that accurate, either, but they find ways to get it done.
Old 10-21-2011, 11:54 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
This is what I was hoping for and expected when Harbaugh was brought in, at least until the franchise QB was found and developed, if not beyond that. You can never have enough good QBs in the NFL.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Old 10-21-2011, 08:19 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want more of this:

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Old 10-23-2011, 06:20 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't we all, Brent. Don't we all.

Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

Old 10-23-2011, 06:30 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Another great weekend for the 49ers. Expanded the Division lead by another full game on the other 3 teams.
Old 10-23-2011, 07:30 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Another great weekend for the 49ers. Expanded the Division lead by another full game on the other 3 teams.
and we get to play the Rams and Cardinals twice before season's end! there is a chance we could finish 12-4 lol.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Old 10-23-2011, 08:30 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Going to be interesting to see how things shake out. We have two lightning fast receivers coming up in Wallace and Smith giving Fangio opportunity to scheme for that. We also have see a few more good defences for Alex and the offence to get some quality work against.

Just need to take care of business, stay healthy and be consistently better.
Old 10-23-2011, 09:21 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabscuttle View Post
Going to be interesting to see how things shake out. We have two lightning fast receivers coming up in Wallace and Smith giving Fangio opportunity to scheme for that. We also have see a few more good defences for Alex and the offence to get some quality work against.

Just need to take care of business, stay healthy and be consistently better.
The Browns don't have any receivers......
Old 10-24-2011, 02:15 AM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Braylon and Crabtree, WR duo of the future? Should be interesting..

Alex needs to keep his fundamentals in check, OL needs to keep improving.

I wonder if we're ever gonna play Spencer again? I always thought he was solid.
Old 10-24-2011, 02:29 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Spencer is almost 30. I like him a lot, but it seems a lot of the younger guys like Brock and Culliver are playing just as well. Maybe even Brown. Spencer played a couple of snaps on defense in the last game. And was on special teams.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Old 10-24-2011, 02:58 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
The Browns also have the most drops in the NFL at 17 currently. Good news for our secondary. They don't have any megastar receivers who we seem to struggle with this year (Miles Austin, DeSean Jackson, Calvin Johnson). Is Payton Hillis even playing? We should dominate this team. Keyword "should."

Quote:
Old 10-24-2011, 10:06 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Quote:
They don't have big names but they have young talent that could continue to emerge with Colt McCoy. Greg Little (rookie from UNC) cracked the starting lineup last week and has talent. Massaqui (now in his 3rd year) is a big WR that has not been consistent in his career but is a target in the red zone. I wouldn't look passed these guys nor any opponent in the NFL. Look at what Lafell did to us when we played the Panthers; career day.

Old 10-24-2011, 10:16 AM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
They don't have big names but they have young talent that could continue to emerge with Colt McCoy. Greg Little (rookie from UNC) cracked the starting lineup last week and has talent. Massaqui (now in his 3rd year) is a big WR that has not been consistent in his career but is a target in the red zone. I wouldn't look passed these guys nor any opponent in the NFL. Look at what Lafell did to us when we played the Panthers; career day.
It's going to be hard not to overlook the Browns after yesterday's game. Little has looked good the past two weeks but McCoy is really struggling out there. He is top 5 in passing attempts but ranks 33rd with 5.5 yards per attempt. Reminds me a lot of the way Josh Freeman was playing heading into his match up with 49ers.

Last edited by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? : 10-24-2011 at 10:19 AM.
Old 10-24-2011, 01:19 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
I would also say he is a slightly better athlete than Hill. I didn't watch enough of him to really tell but he also doesn't seem as tenacious as Hill. Still, I think it is a fair comparison to make. Not the greatest arms, not the greatest athletes and not all that accurate, either, but they find ways to get it done.
Tolz is very accruate. Not sure what made you come to that conclusion. Tolz was knocked for not having a great arm strength and not being a great athlete, which is bull IMO. His arm is strong enough to make any throw you need. Dalton and Tolz I thought were very similar heading into the last year draft. I will admit, I was wrong about Dalton and his ability as a starter in the NFL. Didn't see him as a viable option as the QOTF. Thought he was a back-up that would need to sit and maybe challenge for a starting spot down the road. Its the same way I saw Tolz. Hopefully Tolz can prove me wrong too, lol.

The great thing about having Tolz and CK is that they're two totally different QBs. Tolz played in a WCO in college and doesn't posess the greatest physical gifts but is a accurate thrower who does the little things well(anticipation, touch, pocket awareness). CK is a physically gifted monster of a athlete with a cannon for a arm who came from a gimmicky offense in college. He has the higher ceiling but needs to refine the little things that Tolz does so well. I don't think its just coinecedence(m/s) that these two polar opposites are on our roster as rookies. I think Harbs is having his own little QB experiment. It will be interesting to see how both of these guys mature and grasp the teaching Harbs will give them.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 10-24-2011 at 01:34 PM.
Old 10-24-2011, 02:29 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

I wonder why Tolzien went undrafted. Was it because he didn't have huge stats in college? He apparently came through in a few big games and won the Johnny Unitas Golden Arm award.

Quote:
Old 10-24-2011, 03:05 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
Tolz is very accruate. Not sure what made you come to that conclusion. Tolz was knocked for not having a great arm strength and not being a great athlete, which is bull IMO. His arm is strong enough to make any throw you need. Dalton and Tolz I thought were very similar heading into the last year draft. I will admit, I was wrong about Dalton and his ability as a starter in the NFL. Didn't see him as a viable option as the QOTF. Thought he was a back-up that would need to sit and maybe challenge for a starting spot down the road. Its the same way I saw Tolz. Hopefully Tolz can prove me wrong too, lol.

The great thing about having Tolz and CK is that they're two totally different QBs. Tolz played in a WCO in college and doesn't posess the greatest physical gifts but is a accurate thrower who does the little things well(anticipation, touch, pocket awareness). CK is a physically gifted monster of a athlete with a cannon for a arm who came from a gimmicky offense in college. He has the higher ceiling but needs to refine the little things that Tolz does so well. I don't think its just coinecedence(m/s) that these two polar opposites are on our roster as rookies. I think Harbs is having his own little QB experiment. It will be interesting to see how both of these guys mature and grasp the teaching Harbs will give them.
I only watched a handful of Wisconsin games but he never seemed all that accurate, particularly against TCU last year. In fact, in his three games against Top 25 teams last year he completed <60% of his passes twice. In three games against ranked teams in 2009 he threw six interceptions and zero touchdowns.
Old 10-24-2011, 03:15 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I was talking about Wallace from the Steelers and Smith from the Ravens.
More of an opportunity to work on things throughout the regular season before the playoffs.
Old 10-24-2011, 04:57 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
I wonder why Tolzien went undrafted. Was it because he didn't have huge stats in college? He apparently came through in a few big games and won the Johnny Unitas Golden Arm award.
1. Arm strength
2. Not really athletic
3. Height(He's only 6'2, which is on the short side for some)
4. He played on a run-first team with a NFL-sized O-Line and he didn't really "wow" people. But I was never "wow-ed" by alot of QBs in college who turned out to do great things in the pros.

Like I said, he and Dalton were very similar to me coming out. I had him, Dalton, and McElroy all kind of lumped together as game manager/low-ceiling types who could possibly turn into Drew Brees if they got put in the right situation. I would call being a QB under Harbaugh the right situation. I thought he threw a good ball and had really good ball placement. The thing about accuracy for me is ball placement. Are WRs getting the ball in position to get YAC or are they putting the ball where only they're WR has a chance to make a play. I thought Tolz was very good at this. Liked his footwork and his feel for the game, his moxy if you will.
Old 10-24-2011, 05:04 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
I only watched a handful of Wisconsin games but he never seemed all that accurate, particularly against TCU last year. In fact, in his three games against Top 25 teams last year he completed <60% of his passes twice. In three games against ranked teams in 2009 he threw six interceptions and zero touchdowns.
I was always impressed with his accuracy. He didn't really have alot weapons on the outside. His TE was really his only weapon so maybe that had something to do with the subpar stats. I remember reading reports from the East-West Shrine practices about him being the most accurate QB there and that's basically what I remembered from watching him play. Not alot of great NFL-level throws but very accurate with the throws he was asked to make.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 10-24-2011 at 05:08 PM.
Old 10-24-2011, 06:33 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

By the way Nate Davis is apparently going to play Arena Football for the Kansas City Command. He is apparently in line to be the starter.

Quote:
Closed Thread