Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 04-29-2011, 11:55 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just wondering what is gonna happen to Corey Williams? Cant see him taking snaps from Suh or Fairley. IMO you should trade Williams for a 2nd Rounder next year!
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 12:18 PM    (permalink
Maybe This Year Mayhew
Veteran

Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Just wondering what is gonna happen to Corey Williams? Cant see him taking snaps from Suh or Fairley. IMO you should trade Williams for a 2nd Rounder next year!
Corey Williams will play alot. I see a rotation with him and Fairley this season. It takes most DTs not named Suh some time so we'll develop Fairley but still give him and Corey lots of playing time. Corey is signed for 2011 and 2012 so we could trade him next offseason but I think they'll stick with rotation giving Fairley more and more snaps as he gets better. Keeps the DTS fresh plus Sammie Lee Hill is good for run downs. Down the line Fairley and Suh should be a nasty starting DT combo though. We may see Suh at some DE in certain situations too. Going to be interesting and fun to watch.
Maybe This Year Mayhew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 12:25 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maybe This Year Mayhew View Post
I think Spievey stays and we also signed that Coleman safety from Atlanta before the lockout.

My order would be Carter,Ayers,Dowling,Aaron Williams, BPA Oline, Mikel Leshoure.

I've heard the Lions are high on LeShoure and if some of those guys above are gone I wouldn't be suprised for us to take LeShoure in Round 2. We need the 1-2 punch with Kevin Smith not being tendered/injuries and Morris not really the answer and only year left on his deal. I know another RB isn't a high need over CB/OLB/future Olinemen but its a possiblity if BPA.
Coleman is a guy who is a average/solid starter. He didn't really lose his job in atlanta he just got hurt and former 2nd round pick William Moore took over and keep on making plays. He isn't gonna make a lot of plays, but he is a good vet who make a good amount of tackles.

Also the HB FA market is very good and they could sign someone like Ronnie Brown, Bradshaw, Dwill
Old 04-29-2011, 12:27 PM    (permalink
Maybe This Year Mayhew
Veteran

Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
Coleman is a guy who is a average/solid starter. He didn't really lose his job in atlanta he just got hurt and former 2nd round pick William Moore took over and keep on making plays. He isn't gonna make a lot of plays, but he is a good vet who make a good amount of tackles.

Also the HB FA market is very good and they could sign someone like Ronnie Brown, Bradshaw, Dwill
Good to know. Updgrade over one armed CC Brown and will give Spievey some competition. Solid depth at safety at least.
Old 04-29-2011, 12:34 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Good to know. Updgrade over one armed CC Brown and will give Spievey some competition. Solid depth at safety at least.
If i'm yall i'm planning on letting Spievey and Coleman battle it out for the other S spot for this year. Unless someone like the CB/S from Texas drops to the 2nd round and the lions have a high grade on him. Also the only reason he was cut was more of a salary issue. At worst you get a guy who gives you vetern leadership who can battle with Spievy for the starting job. From memory he may have even lead the falcons in tackles his first year starting.
Old 04-29-2011, 12:51 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want Ras-I Dowling in Rd. 2 for sure
Old 04-29-2011, 01:00 PM    (permalink
SRogers92
Rookie

SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My Round 2 list:

1) Bruce Carter
2) Akeem Ayers
3) Brandon Harris
4) Aaron Williams
5) Ras-I Dowling

None of this matters if our medical team checks out Bowers and doesn't think his injury will be a chronic issue, we MUST get him.
SRogers92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Fred Savage
Rookie

Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1.) Ras I Dowling
1.) Ras I Dowling
1.) Ras I Dowling

2.) Aaron Williams
3.) Brandon Harris
4.) Bruce Carter
5.) Akeem Ayers
Fred Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 02:23 PM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think Spievey stays and we also signed that Coleman safety from Atlanta before the lockout.

My order would be Carter,Ayers,Dowling,Aaron Williams, BPA Oline, Mikel Leshoure.

I've heard the Lions are high on LeShoure and if some of those guys above are gone I wouldn't be suprised for us to take LeShoure in Round 2. We need the 1-2 punch with Kevin Smith not being tendered/injuries and Morris not really the answer and only year left on his deal. I know another RB isn't a high need over CB/OLB/future Olinemen but its a possiblity if BPA.
I realistically like Bruce Carter or Ras-i Dowling with #44. I know both are coming off injuries but Dowlings was not serious & Carter is squating with weights & running almost at full speed, based on an article I read about him earlier this week. Aaron Williams would be solid too but every Texas game I kept seeing Curtis Brown making plays & kind of like him a little better.

Heck no to LeShoure!!! Here is why ... Even if they have him as BPA can Mayhew go DT/RB (2010) & DT/RB (2011) back to back years? No way.

Last edited by SINCE1978 : 04-29-2011 at 02:26 PM.
SINCE1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 02:29 PM    (permalink
Maybe This Year Mayhew
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SINCE1978 View Post
I realistically like Bruce Carter or Ras-i Dowling with #44. I know both are coming off injuries but Dowlings was not serious & Carter is squating with weights & running almost at full speed, based on an article I read about him earlier this week. Aaron Williams would be solid too but every Texas game I kept seeing Curtis Brown making plays & kind of like him a little better.

Heck no to LeShoure!!! Here is why ... Even if they have him as BPA can Mayhew go DT/RB (2010) & DT/RB (2011) back to back years? No way.
I agree it would be crazy but possible if LeShoure is BPA and Mayhew sticks to that and feels another RB would help. Luckily I think Carter and Dowling will be there so LeShoure won't be the BPA unlike at 13 where Fairley was the BPA. Quinn was close and Prince was next and a need but we 2 DTs start and its nice to have a rotation and develop Fairley.

If LeShoure is BPA it could happen though. As I said you start two DTs so Suh and Fairley are the future at DT and its a two back league. Morris is not the future and only has 1 year left and LeShoure would be a perfect workhorse to Best. Best isn't getting 250 carries a year. Not likely but not impossible.
Old 04-29-2011, 02:42 PM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I agree it would be crazy but possible if LeShoure is BPA and Mayhew sticks to that and feels another RB would help. Luckily I think Carter and Dowling will be there so LeShoure won't be the BPA unlike at 13 where Fairley was the BPA. Quinn was close and Prince was next and a need but we 2 DTs start and its nice to have a rotation and develop Fairley.

If LeShoure is BPA it could happen though. As I said you start two DTs so Suh and Fairley are the future at DT and its a two back league. Morris is not the future and only has 1 year left and LeShoure would be a perfect workhorse to Best. Best isn't getting 250 carries a year. Not likely but not impossible.
I do not doubt Detroit takes a RB, I say wait until Saturday though.

Delone Carter, Steven Ridley, Allen Bradford (my fav), Roy Helu, Alex Green, Evan Royster all could be the 2, of the 1-2 punch & grabbed in round 4 of 5. I just don't weight RB's as high if I am putting a team together. Careers are so short & a guy like Arien Foster or James Starks can kick ass for me as undrafted & 6th round picks! Detroit has their flash, 1st round, game breaker, in Best. He just needs a compliment & any of those I listed above would be sweet & cheap & able to contribute in 2011 on the Lions.
Old 04-29-2011, 03:43 PM    (permalink
Maybe This Year Mayhew
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SINCE1978 View Post
I do not doubt Detroit takes a RB, I say wait until Saturday though.

Delone Carter, Steven Ridley, Allen Bradford (my fav), Roy Helu, Alex Green, Evan Royster all could be the 2, of the 1-2 punch & grabbed in round 4 of 5. I just don't weight RB's as high if I am putting a team together. Careers are so short & a guy like Arien Foster or James Starks can kick ass for me as undrafted & 6th round picks! Detroit has their flash, 1st round, game breaker, in Best. He just needs a compliment & any of those I listed above would be sweet & cheap & able to contribute in 2011 on the Lions.
I like Delone Carter and Ridley myself. However, when you point out guys like Foster and Pierre Thomas etc, yes there are success stories but there are so so so many UDFA and late Round Rbs that failed for a team or weren't talented enough to even get a chance to be one of the two main RBs. They are diamonds in the rough. Round 1/2 RBs have about a 40% success rate when I look at the draft history, UDFAS plus late rounders success rate is way way less given how many fail to the few who have had success. If Mayhew can find a diamond in the rough in this draft thats great and I'll be glad we used the Round 2 pick elsewhere. If we can't, it's up to Morris(who is a Round 2 pick for Seattle by the way). So far the one he tried Aaron Brown isn't part of a 1-2 punch and Felton is a mediocre FB and not what we expected in short yardage. Go back and try again though as this draft there are some players we both like Carter,Ridley,Bradford, Royster in the 7th(I'm a Penn Stater). But if we take LeShoure, who I like as a prospect I will be a little more confident we have a good 1-2 combo for RBs. Hopefully we aren't passing up good talents like Dowling and Carter though.
Old 04-29-2011, 04:50 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we are all pretty decently in agreement this year. Another thing we can all agree on: Please don't draft Kyle Rudolph as BPA in Round 2!

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 05:02 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm hoping for Ayers, Brandon Harris, Martez Wilson, Orlando Franklin, Ijalana or Stefan Wisnewski.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 05:21 PM    (permalink
Maybe This Year Mayhew
Veteran

Dowling and Aaron Williams gone. That didn't take long
Old 04-29-2011, 05:26 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

looks like the run of QB's has started so thats a postive. The CB from Miami is still there so thats about it at CB.
Old 04-29-2011, 05:30 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

but ayers and carter are still there too
Old 04-29-2011, 05:47 PM    (permalink
Maybe This Year Mayhew
Veteran

Damn Ayers then Carter gone
Old 04-29-2011, 05:48 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really don't want Leshoure. Someone take him before we pick.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-29-2011, 05:50 PM    (permalink
eeth
Rookie

eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A Clemson D lineman taken but not Bowers, I would not want to be Bowers right now.
eeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 05:54 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well its dowm to Harris
Old 04-29-2011, 06:04 PM    (permalink
eeth
Rookie

eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Titus Young
eeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 06:06 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Titus Young...not sure how I feel about it yet.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-29-2011, 06:07 PM    (permalink
Maybe This Year Mayhew
Veteran

Well we got our deep threat opposite Calvin. Go ahead and shade to Calvins side now. Goodbye Bryant Johnson

Calvin,Titus,Burleson,Pettigrew,Best. Arsenal.

Back 7 come on Round 3,4 and free agency
Old 04-29-2011, 06:09 PM    (permalink
FTRWRTR
Rookie

FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Young is good but why did you guys take him over torrey smith and leonard hankerston? They're much bigger and still run in the 4.45 range.
FTRWRTR is offline   Reply With Quote