Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 03-23-2007, 09:02 AM    (permalink
Vickissick07

would you like to see a trade up to take him? It is looking like him falling to 5 is a real possibility now if the Lions take Quinn. Would you make the trade with the Cards and what do you think it would take?
Old 03-23-2007, 09:07 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For you guys the problem is that the Cards probably wouldnt pass on Thomas.
Old 03-23-2007, 09:14 AM    (permalink
Vickissick07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
For you guys the problem is that the Cards probably wouldnt pass on Thomas.
That is probably true. What about trading to 4 with the Bucs? This will only work if the Raiders take CJ with #1. They move to #8 and still get to take Okoye.
Old 03-23-2007, 10:13 AM    (permalink
Mr. Myogi
Rookie

Mr. Myogi hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

If the Bucs Pick CJ, then the Falcons have have to go either Laron........trade down and get Nelson, pick up another 2nd and 4th....... or try to move up for Gaines Adams.........they have to go defense.

He will be seen twice a year.

It would be great if Mckay could trick detroit or Cleveland into taking Rossum, #8 2007, and a 3rd - for their 1st to get him ..............but if they don't then there is always Mr. Sidney Rice who will be available in the 2nd who is also a freak of Nature

*********"Wax on, Wax off Danielson"**********
Mr. Myogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 10:40 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

You can't say Sidney is a freak...there is only 1 of those...well...2 of those in this draft...1 CJ 2 P Willie.

I wouldn't be happy with Sidney Rice, we have Jenkins for that role. I want a true #1 and I don't see many of those in this year's draft. If CJ does go to Tampa we just have to come up with a way to destroy their offensive line, that would be SCARY to see twice a year, even with Deangelo I wouldn't want to let that happen...I really think Jimmy would match up better against him...
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 11:22 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would be more open to this suggested trade, then the 'trade up for Calvin' idea. Since it would fill one of the primary needs on the team, also requiring less ammo to pull it off.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 12:09 PM    (permalink
Vickissick07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
I would be more open to this suggested trade, then the 'trade up for Calvin' idea. Since it would fill one of the primary needs on the team, also requiring less ammo to pull it off.
I like it too, but it is banking on CJ going 1st to Oakland and then Quinn going to Detriot and AP in Cleveland. Tampa is supposedly really high on Okoye and they could still get him with our 8th pick. We move up to 4 and snag the best OLman in the draft. Tampa still gets what they want. We get what we need.
Old 03-23-2007, 02:14 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not only that, it would only cost one 2nd round pick to get Thomas. Whereas, with Johnson, it would take both, maybe more.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 02:43 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree that Atlanta's options became much more open with the trade of Schaub. If they want Joe Thomas, they will have to move up to #3 or #4. There is no way that Arizona will accept a fair deal to move back to #8 and miss out on Joey Joe Joe. If Calvin Johnson starts to slip, look for Minnesota to make a move for him as well. They don't have the overall ammo that Atlanta has, but they have a WR need and an early second rounder...

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 03:30 PM    (permalink
bigfanga

I'm just not thrilled with the idea of drafting OL with a top 10 pick. For every Orlando Pace or Jonathan Ogden you have a Tony Mandarich or Robert Gallery. It's a shame since LT's are now the 3rd or 4th highest salaried players, on average, in the league. One would hope that talent evaluation would have improved enough to more accurately assess an OL prospect's chance at success. Of course talent evaluation at any position is still hit or miss but the success rate of LT's is seriously slim.

Just my $.02
Old 03-23-2007, 04:50 PM    (permalink
catcher_0_3
Rookie

catcher_0_3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I don't necessarily believe in trading up to get an OL. First of all too many of the best lineman in the draft, turn out to be the ones taken on the second day. 2nd of all I doubt there is no way Arizona would trade with us. I would much rather keep the 8 pick, take landry, and keep going. Trading up should only be an option for CJ. I've been looking around and I'm starting to worry that New England might be looking to trade up for Tampa's pick if Calvin goes early to take Laron. Then we would be royally screwed.
catcher_0_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 06:37 PM    (permalink
Vickissick07

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfanga View Post
I'm just not thrilled with the idea of drafting OL with a top 10 pick. For every Orlando Pace or Jonathan Ogden you have a Tony Mandarich or Robert Gallery. It's a shame since LT's are now the 3rd or 4th highest salaried players, on average, in the league. One would hope that talent evaluation would have improved enough to more accurately assess an OL prospect's chance at success. Of course talent evaluation at any position is still hit or miss but the success rate of LT's is seriously slim.

Just my $.02
The success rate of picking OL is higher than any other position in the draft....Every position has its busts.
Old 03-23-2007, 06:40 PM    (permalink
Vickissick07

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcher_0_3 View Post
I don't necessarily believe in trading up to get an OL. First of all too many of the best lineman in the draft, turn out to be the ones taken on the second day. 2nd of all I doubt there is no way Arizona would trade with us. I would much rather keep the 8 pick, take landry, and keep going. Trading up should only be an option for CJ. I've been looking around and I'm starting to worry that New England might be looking to trade up for Tampa's pick if Calvin goes early to take Laron. Then we would be royally screwed.
So you don't know about trading up to take the best OL in the draft because he might be a bust, yet you are saying we are screwed if we don't get Landry? Why is he such a sure thing? The success rate for highly picked safeties is rather low. I can name 4 safeties that are not a high dropoff from Landry. Griffin, Nelson, Merriweather, Weddle. I'd prefer to have Griffin anyway, because barring injuries he can play CB too.
Old 03-23-2007, 11:59 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have suggested the same idea, but not at 5. Cards would not be willing to trade down, unless its a ridiculously good deal for them. If Calvin Johnson is taken by 4, then I think theres a good possibility TB could trade down (their Okoye infatuation) and we could trade up for Joe Thomas.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 10:00 AM    (permalink
Vickissick07

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
I have suggested the same idea, but not at 5. Cards would not be willing to trade down, unless its a ridiculously good deal for them. If Calvin Johnson is taken by 4, then I think theres a good possibility TB could trade down (their Okoye infatuation) and we could trade up for Joe Thomas.
Yea, after I posted I realized that. A trade with Tampa would be much easier to get Thomas. CJ HAS to be gone though. Maybe we should try to get Mr. Moss from the Raiders so there is a bigger chance that they take him....