Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

Old 04-26-2012, 10:08 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
I will root for Keuchly to succeed , but he's not my first choice. I think he can be a solid LB, but I don't see him worthy of a top 10 selection and believe 20 overall is the earliest I'd touch him.

Kendricks has flown under the radar and is vastly underrated to the point, we can nab him at the end of round 1 or early round 2. Also, the comparisons I've seen from Luke Keuchly have been a mix, but more of James Laurenitis and some Mayo, LB from New England, who isn't the stud MLB many thought would be either.

I'm just not impressed with Keuchly enough to take him very high.
I like Mayo and I think with more emphasis on upgrading the front 7 there in New England, I think Mayo would be even better. That being said, I think Mayo is Kuechly's floor.
brasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:12 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trade down with the Bills if the opporunity presents itself. Trading up would be moronic.

From what I understand, the Vikings are threatening to take Claiborne to get the Bucs to move up with them, so that's who they would be enamored with, not Richardson.
Old 04-26-2012, 10:32 AM    (permalink
kBuc5
Rookie

kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brasho View Post
Trade down with the Bills if the opporunity presents itself. Trading up would be moronic.

From what I understand, the Vikings are threatening to take Claiborne to get the Bucs to move up with them, so that's who they would be enamored with, not Richardson.
All along we've thought we would either get Claiborne or Richardson.
Hey if the Browns get Richardson that's okay we like Claiborne just as much, vica versa. Now, with the Vikes interested with Claiborne it can screw us up getting an elite player at 5. Only option if we miss out on those two is to trade down imo.
kBuc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:08 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Love the draft... Barron and Martin are going to be great.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:21 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post
Love the draft... Barron and Martin are going to be great.
Can't say I'm crazy about the value of Barron, but he is a huge upgrade for our secondary. Much better than starting Barber back there.

I had a huge pre-draft crush on Martin so I'm stoked we landed him. He was going to the Giants at 32, so we made the right move. The only RB other than Richardson who I think can start right now and I think he takes over the 3rd down duties from Day 1.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:34 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Can't say I'm crazy about the value of Barron, but he is a huge upgrade for our secondary. Much better than starting Barber back there.

I had a huge pre-draft crush on Martin so I'm stoked we landed him. He was going to the Giants at 32, so we made the right move. The only RB other than Richardson who I think can start right now and I think he takes over the 3rd down duties from Day 1.
I have to agree 1000% on this. I'm virtually certain we could have gone down quite a bit lower and still got Barron. He's good, top 10 good? How many safeties ever are? He's not Polamalu or Reed, probably a bit of a reach.

Martin I love and have said repeatedly that he is equal to Richardson. Pretty good value, I guess the Bucs were afraid the Giants would nab him, considering David Wilson went right afterwards they may have been right.

The big losers of the night? The Browns... WOW, their draft has been epically bad. Not only did the take a RB top 5, but they moved up one spot and gave up a 4, 5, and 7 to do it... then it got worse! They took Brandon "Old Man River" Weeden 1st round as well. Ughhhh, I would hate to be a Browns fan. By the time Weeden has developed and has grasped the NFL he should be about 32 or so... that's quite a prime. And you don't bring a 28 year old first rounder to come in and sit the bench, they'll want him to play... what a disaster.
Old 04-26-2012, 10:37 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Now what really pisses me off in addition to missing Kuechly, was that now we have to see him kicking our ass twice a season. The Panthers have done a definitely better job in the draft over the past 10 seasons and when comparing our #7 overall pick wikth their #9, I would say they defintely got the better player there. Randy Hurney has a good eye for talent at the LB position (Beason, Morgan, Anderson, Kuechly, ... Thomas Davis if he were ever healthy).
Old 04-26-2012, 11:26 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys like Barron? But hate where we picked him... Right? I think we could have lost him to Philly, Buff and KC. Also hearing that NE wanted Barron as well... That leaves us very little room to move down again.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:00 AM    (permalink
impactplayerx47
Rookie

impactplayerx47 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I really like Barron. I was super impressed with him going back to the 2010 season honestly.

I think if Barron would have been able to participate in all the off season workouts, combine, etc that people wouldn't be upset with this pick. I'm not saying he's Sean Taylor, or Ed Reed, but guys... this kid was a TWO time All American and captain for Nick Saban's defense. A true leader, big time player, played in big time games, and from everything I've read is a true gem off the field.

Last thing I'll say is I was reading EVERYWHERE over the last few days that Barron was high on a lot of people's boards. NE, BUF, KC were all interested from what I was reading and I just don't know that we could have traded futher back and still grabbed him.

SS should be set for years, and I like that this guy can cover, and make NO mistake gents..he's not an "in the box" safety, Barron can cover..(in my opinion of course lol)he'll be a great addition.
impactplayerx47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:04 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The way the board fell I think 10 is the absolute furthest he could have fallen, but I'm pretty sure Buffalo were smitten with Gilmore so they were happy to stay where they were.

It's not a bad pick, but it's not a great one either.

He is definitely a Day 1 starter, and I'm really excited to have him starting in our secondary.

Old 04-27-2012, 08:08 AM    (permalink
kBuc5
Rookie

kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.

I'd take Barron over Kuelchy every time. In Schiano's D the Safety position is said to be very important, this draft is deep at LB but there was only one elite Safety in this draft and we got him.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:14 AM    (permalink
Asteinebach
Veteran

Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Bucs might have had the best day 1 of any team. Adding both impact players. I'm super high on Muscle Hamster, and I think his value at 31 is great. Barron comes in and starts right away, and they can still add a LB in round two. I love this first round for Tampa.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:20 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asteinebach View Post
I think the Bucs might have had the best day 1 of any team. Adding both impact players. I'm super high on Muscle Hamster, and I think his value at 31 is great. Barron comes in and starts right away, and they can still add a LB in round two. I love this first round for Tampa.
I'm not as high on it as you, but I'm happy. I'm hoping a LB like Wagner or Kendricks somehow slips to our next pick which is like 68th.

Old 04-27-2012, 08:31 AM    (permalink
kBuc5
Rookie

Quote:
We used our 2nd to move up to get Martin but we picked up a 4th in the trade with Jax, all we gave up for Martin was trading 4ths really with Denver, so we gave our 2nd round pick and swapped 4th round picks to get back into the first round, awesome trade.

Like you said we can still get a LB it will just be a 3rd rounder.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:32 AM    (permalink
Asteinebach
Veteran

Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LB is quietly very deep this year. You still have Kendricks, Wagner, Travis Lewis, and Keenan Robinson on the board. Any of those guys could come in and be an upgrade on the defense.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:38 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
LB is quietly very deep this year. You still have Kendricks, Wagner, Travis Lewis, and Keenan Robinson on the board. Any of those guys could come in and be an upgrade on the defense.
Hopefully a run on offensive lineman, corners, defensive tackles and receivers makes them all drop!

Old 04-27-2012, 08:48 AM    (permalink
kBuc5
Rookie

Quote:
I love Kendricks and that's who I'm hoping for in the third.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:24 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

I've got four LBs with 2nd round grades that could find their way to us in round 3: Mychal Kendricks, Bobby Wagner, Lavonte David, and Zach Brown.

My hoipeful mock for rest of draft is:

3) LB Kendricks
4) CB Bentley
5) TE Egnew
6) RB Mike Smith
7) WR TJ Graham
Old 04-27-2012, 01:01 PM    (permalink
kBuc5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by brasho View Post
I've got four LBs with 2nd round grades that could find their way to us in round 3: Mychal Kendricks, Bobby Wagner, Lavonte David, and Zach Brown.

My hoipeful mock for rest of draft is:

3) LB Kendricks
4) CB Bentley
5) TE Egnew
6) RB Mike Smith
7) WR TJ Graham
Nice. Mine.

3. Kendricks LB
4. Joe Adams WR
5. Ron Brooks CB
6. Andrew Datko OT
7. James Hanna TE
Old 04-27-2012, 06:38 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly, I know most of you will turn your heads on this, but Barron reminds me of a poor man's Troy Polamalu.

Hear me out:

He's very good inside the box Safety and is a sound, physcial tackler. He seems to be every where and follows the ball really well. Very good blitzer and reads the QBs eyes well.

Not only that, but he's very fast and athletic and has fluid hips to turn around in coverage. Can play man/Zone.

I think he's the most complete safety to come out in a few years. Better than Eric Berry? I don't know about that, but I think he's more rounded.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 08:06 PM    (permalink
kBuc5
Rookie

Holy Shtt!! Awesome draft!
Old 04-27-2012, 08:07 PM    (permalink
kBuc5
Rookie

What did we give up for David?
Old 04-27-2012, 08:53 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

A 3rd and 4th
Old 04-27-2012, 09:23 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Hell yeah. I took him in the 2nd round in the forum mock so I'm stoked to land him where we did.

Old 04-27-2012, 09:58 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Honestly, I know most of you will turn your heads on this, but Barron reminds me of a poor man's Troy Polamalu.

Hear me out:

He's very good inside the box Safety and is a sound, physcial tackler. He seems to be every where and follows the ball really well. Very good blitzer and reads the QBs eyes well.

Not only that, but he's very fast and athletic and has fluid hips to turn around in coverage. Can play man/Zone.

I think he's the most complete safety to come out in a few years. Better than Eric Berry? I don't know about that, but I think he's more rounded.
Yeah, kind of. Better than Eric Berry? No, different. Berry is more like Bob Sanders, flying around using his speed, Barron is more of a physical presence, like a mini-LB, kind of like Polamalu. He's not Troy, but he will be able to do some of the same things.