Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Washington Redskins Team Forum

Washington Redskins Team Forum Discuss the Skins

Old 05-11-2011, 07:30 PM    (permalink
JustDezIT
Rookie

JustDezIT is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJustDezIT is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJustDezIT is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJustDezIT is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJustDezIT is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJustDezIT is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJustDezIT is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJustDezIT is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJustDezIT is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJustDezIT is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJustDezIT is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Haha you are by far the most useless poster on these boards, it's actually quite entertaining.
he's telling the truth..... Truth hurts.
JustDezIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 07:34 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Useless trolls.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 04:25 PM    (permalink
treyskins
Rookie

treyskins is a cocksman.treyskins is a cocksman.treyskins is a cocksman.

Interesting piece from J. Reid in todays washpost;

Basically saying Beck is gonna be the Skins no1 QB for 2011 and thats why they didnt draft anyone(should have picked up mcelroy).
Gutsy call by the Shanahan's as you dont get long at ANY ballclub in the nfl to turn around its fortunes.
Another losing season= even more pressure for 2012 and the new "franchise" QB.

Mike Shanahan has a track record with QB but is there even ONE of you out there that thinks this will work?
Of course,Reid may have been sold a line and the free agent QB they want to bring in,isnt available.
Yet.

Like i said,Beck as starter with Grossman number 2 is a gutsy call.
Tanking the whole season will do little for Shanahan attempts to re-build,i dont think its in Mikes nature.
treyskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 05:01 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What exactly is this Mike Shannahan QB history everyone talks about? Yeah he got to work with Steve Young and John Elway, that doesn't tell me anything. What is telling is from the supposed QB guru has never really drafted and developed even a succesful backup. His QB draft picks have been Jeff Lewis, Jarious Jackson, Bradlee Van Pelt, and Matt Mauk. If he's so good why couldn't he develop any of these draft picks into at least players who could stick in the league. He never did anything special with Brian Griese or Jake Plummer. So yeah I think if he has a John Elway or even Jay Cutler he can do things, but I don't see where this QB guru stuff is coming from. John Beck will be the least talented starting QB he's had to work with, thinking he'll be any good is lunacy. Any guy who was a 2nd round draft pick and couldn't beat out Cleo Lemon and Josh McCown for a roster spot isn't worth anyone's time.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 02:11 AM    (permalink
Orakpowned
Rookie

Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.

There's more of a chance of making up with McNabb than John Beck starting this season.
Old 07-18-2011, 07:53 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A few rumors out there circulating:

Skins will likely resign Moss first in the 3 day FA grace period then attempt to work a deal with J. Brown.

Potential FAs that the Skins are supposedly interested in include Josh Wilson, Santonio Holmes, Vince Young, Jenkins brothers, Ryan Harris, James Jones, Yanda, and Dahl.

Hearing W. Montgomery might get the nod at center.

Not hearing much on resigning Carlos or McIntosh.

Reports are saying that Shanahans dead serious about Beck getting the chance to start.

Can't wait to see how the chips fall.
Old 07-18-2011, 08:26 AM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel like there hasn't been a Skins game in 3 years.

Steddy Ambition!
Old 07-18-2011, 11:09 AM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kind of nice taking a break from a normal crazy skins offseason. But now I'm hungry for some skins news since the sports world is slowing to a crawl.

I'm on the John Beck bandwagon, lets do this.
2 Live Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 06:17 PM    (permalink
ArkyRamsFan
Veteran

ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Live Crew View Post
Well then it appears you are an army of one as most Skins fans I've heard are upset to say the least.

What is it about the Beck idea that has you on the bandwagon? I'm not criticizing, just wanna know....
ArkyRamsFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 08:40 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Kind of nice taking a break from a normal crazy skins offseason. But now I'm hungry for some skins news since the sports world is slowing to a crawl.

I want to set yout bandwagon on fire.

Old 07-19-2011, 11:25 AM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only way to get Luck is to go down in flames my good man. I'm prepared.
Old 07-19-2011, 06:43 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
are the Andrew Luck and John Beck bandwagons the same ride?
Old 07-20-2011, 10:39 AM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
are the Andrew Luck and John Beck bandwagons the same ride?
I hope so.
Old 07-25-2011, 07:52 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

Bout to get crazy. Starting to sound like Skins are going to push hard for Santonio Holmes. Can't say I wouldnt like that! Dude is a baller. Would rather give him a 4-5 year deal than resign Moss. If we can keep Moss for a cheap short deal than I'll take both.
Old 07-25-2011, 08:49 AM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

Holmes would be nice as long as we don't overspend.

Steddy Ambition!
Old 07-25-2011, 09:00 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 703SKINS202 View Post
Holmes would be nice as long as we don't overspend.
It won't come cheap but Holmes is an elite WR and desperately needed. He may not be on the Andre J, Calvin, Fitz level but he is assuredly on the second tier. I definitely think he is the best FA WR available (not including VJax because he is not an UFA at this point). I would take Holmes over Rice, Braylon, James Jones, or anyone else on the market at this point. I think Rice is the closest. I like some of our youngsters but if we plan to draft a QB next year a guy like Holmes, already with a year in the system, would be a great addition. I'd really like to target Yanda too.

Last edited by DiG : 07-25-2011 at 10:34 AM.
DiG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 10:51 AM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

Clayton says we are leading suitors for Cullen Jenkins. I'd like.
Old 07-25-2011, 11:05 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

Quote:
definitely would be a nice pickup. would be a good mentor for jarvis. carriker, bryant, and cullen starting with jarvis and nield rotating in. not bad.
Old 07-25-2011, 11:12 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Cullen is at the top of my free agent wish list. A few under the radar guys I want to look at are Chris Chester as he fits the scheme great and can play G or C, Legedu Naane because he's a big slot receiver who won't demand the contract of the bigger name wideouts, and Ryan Harris because of his fit. I obviously would love to get Marshall Yanda but not sure I want to shell out that much money. Defensively the guys I hope we target are Kevin Burnett and Eric Wright, Wright I like as a high upside guy as long as it isn't a huge contract.

Old 07-25-2011, 04:22 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

hearing legit talk that skins are very interested in sidney rice and barry cofield too.
Old 07-25-2011, 05:23 PM    (permalink
treyskins
Rookie

Things will now get real busy the next few weeks.

I hope its the Lines that gets the most attention in Free Agency.

Prefer some of our own to get re-signed too,like Moss and Jammal Brown.
After the Lines an Inside Linebacker to go alongside Fletcher and a decent Corner-Joseph(bengals).
With a short pre-season/training camp not expecting any trades for a QB but no doubt Shanny will be looking around to see whats on offer.
Old 07-25-2011, 05:32 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Jamaal has shown desire to want to play LT for a team, so I'd rather go with a guy who is committed towards being a full time RT, although obviously I'd rather overpay Jamaal to play RT than ever see Heyer in a Skins uni ever again.

Old 07-26-2011, 07:15 AM    (permalink
treyskins
Rookie

Ancient Bears punter Brad Maynard coming to the Skins?

Florida's Safety Will Hill worth the risk for the Skins-any views on him?
Old 07-26-2011, 07:36 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

Anyone else really excited about signing Willie Smith, OT, East Carolina? I liked him in the later rounds of the draft and really think he should push heyer right away. Hope we target Zach Hurd, Jake Kirkpatrick, Ryan Bartholomew, Steven Friday, and Mario Addison too.

Last edited by DiG : 07-26-2011 at 08:53 AM.
DiG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 08:11 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by treyskins View Post
Ancient Bears punter Brad Maynard coming to the Skins?

Florida's Safety Will Hill worth the risk for the Skins-any views on him?
Will Hill is a sucky football player and an even worse human being.