Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-13-2014, 10:29 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Marvel Puzzle Quest

So since Marvel War of Heroes was huge for a few of us here I figured creating a thread for this wouldn't be out of line. Granted right now Grizz and myself are the only ones playing (I guess TheDude does as well?) but I hope this thread might bring some of the WoH crew into the new game.

Grizz described it to me as a "Candy Crush" style game, while my fiancee said it was like Bejeweled. Personally I haven't played enough of either game to say one way or another all I know is that its fun.

After WoH I know a lot of people will be turned off by a game like this but I can honestly say despite only playing regularly for a week or so I placed in the top 20 for the last PvE event and even 2nd in one of their mini challenges.

If anyone does decide to join our Alliance name is Drafniks.

Grizz and I have compiled some info and you can check out our database here:

Hopefully some of you guys will join and we can get the old group back together!

Last edited by ImBrotherCain : 07-21-2014 at 11:23 AM.
ImBrotherCain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 10:41 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good times are had by all

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 12:16 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yup... I'm playing this bad boy...

Already in an alliance, but may be looking to add another spot or two.
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 12:17 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No more Clans?!?

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 12:33 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
No more Clans?!?
I am still playing clans, but not as much.

Check this out!
Old 06-14-2014, 08:23 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dude View Post

If no one else is interested in playing I could be persuaded to move to your alliance. Grizz and I are the only reason we are doing alright in ours.

I finished top 20 in Thieves and top 10 in a few of the PvE events. I plan on going balls to the wall for this PvE event as well.
Old 06-14-2014, 08:38 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll check this out in a couple of weeks since I'm going on vacation soon.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 10:37 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

What's your team? My best team currently is 5/3/5 level 75 Original Black Widow, 5/4/4 level 50 Modern Storm, and 5/3/5 level 43 Marvel NOW! Thor. I want OBW to be 3/5/5 and Thor to be 4/5/4 but I figured I'd use whatever covers I get so I can level it up to 85 and hopefully I'll get the covers to fix it somewhere along the way.

I'm currently 10th in the overall season 2 in my ladder. Just hit 5k total points and got the 10 pack which yielded some nice stuff. I'm hoping I can stay top 25 to get two more 10 packs so I can hopefully start getting multiple copies of some of the rares I have.

I also wouldn't be opposed to leaving for an alliance that can actually rank decently since we rarely rank any higher than the bottom two tiers or so since its only me and Cain that actually contribute.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-14-2014, 11:06 AM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, I have wolverine, Thor, captain America, & magneto (all 2 stars) all maxed out at 85; daken at 69, and a few 3 star guys in the 40s. I dislike the pvp as you keep getting attacked & lose points. I'm not highly ranked in the season 2 because I keep getting distracted by the additions to the storyline mode. My alliance is piss poor, too but I should be able to convince my buddy to add a couple of spots, which would help.
Old 06-14-2014, 12:00 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I tried to join your alliance but couldn't!

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 12:44 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

I kicked someone

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-14-2014, 07:03 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Shane be sure to link to your Facebook so we can send some gifts.

Edit:
Also Shane check out this ranking. It's a bit older and they are in the process of updating it but it will help.
http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5093

Last edited by ImBrotherCain : 06-14-2014 at 07:54 PM.
ImBrotherCain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 08:20 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is this in iTunes? Or PC?

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 08:33 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Android or iOS
Old 06-14-2014, 09:25 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Shane be sure to link to your Facebook so we can send some gifts.

Edit:
Also Shane check out this ranking. It's a bit older and they are in the process of updating it but it will help.
http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5093
Thanks! Facebook link not working atm, but I will try tomorrow!

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 10:05 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is there a guide for team construction? I have Daken and Thor who seem to pair well and rank decently on the list, but it's rare that my 3rd gets any tiles. No idea what I'm doing.

EDIT: pretty much figured it out by playing the Steam version.

Last edited by nepg : 06-15-2014 at 12:43 AM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 06:38 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

So I finished top 25 in season 2 and got the 2 Heroic 10-Packs. Talk about a bunch of ****. Got 2 bag man covers, 4 Moonstone and Hawkeye covers, 2 yellow cap covers (2*)...blegh. Only three total rares but two of them were Ragnarok and Psylocke (weak). The only saving grace to the whole thing was that I got a Classic Mags cover.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-16-2014, 12:05 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

that's rough.

Looking at that forum link, there are a lot of people who take this free game pretty damn seriously. My wife would kill me & break my ipad if i created an account on that forum...
Old 06-16-2014, 12:54 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
Thanks! Facebook link not working atm, but I will try tomorrow!
If you get it working, let us know. We need to actually be facebook friends in order for me to send you stuff.

Quote:
that's rough.

Looking at that forum link, there are a lot of people who take this free game pretty damn seriously. My wife would kill me & break my ipad if i created an account on that forum...
Yea, I created an account on there to ask a bunch of noob questions the day I started and I only go back looking for the rankings and ideal builds. The rankings are SUPPOSED to be updated any day now but he's been saying that for a week

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-16-2014, 10:44 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah I like to kill time and think about comics

Anyway, how many of the early low level, er, cards (?) are worth building up when you're first starting? I know it depends on strategy and pairing for what ones are actually "good" and the rankings Grizz linked reflect that it's not simply by star rating, but to what degree should I be focusing on certain characters while ignoring others in the interest of saving resources?

sidenote: Hello, Iso-8, my old friend.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 08:45 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Of the 1* characters, I'd rank them like this:

1. Storm
2. Black Widow
3. Iron Man
4. Juggernaut
5. Venom
6. Hawkeye
7. Yelena Boleva

Storm is absolutely worth leveling. At her max level, she's still better than half of the 2* characters at their max level. Beyond her, it's worth putting some ISO into any character but Yelena. I got Iron Man to level 30 and Widow to 25 before I got enough 2* covers to make them outlive their usefulness. Iron Man is particularly good early because he's very balanced, nice HP, solid offense and defense. Hawkeye is nice in PVE because he can target countdown tiles but really sucks in PVP. Juggernaut and Storm's green's are also nice since they destroy random tiles which can then cause some nice cascades.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-17-2014, 09:01 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That all sounds right. Hawkeye's powers have been useful and Iron Man has always been in there. I've been playing for, like, two days, so they're both just Level 6 right now. Can also have Black Widow at that level and it's also where I have my 2* Wolverine by default. Storm is still at Level 2. Juggernaut is a 1* that has not been added to my roster, and I got a 3* Human Torch last night that I haven't done anything with yet, either.
Old 06-17-2014, 09:15 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

McGee! Why didn't you tell us?

Just made some room in the alliance for you. We are private so you will have to request to join.
Old 06-17-2014, 09:18 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate how tempting it is to buy character slots.
Old 06-20-2014, 09:11 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Okay, realizing now how easy it can be to gain a lot of covers. Particularly good ones and/or character slots, not so much.